• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising Teaser - 'Make It Right'

Dear Jesus

Please stop these live action commercials and smite them back to the 90s where they belong. They hurt us.

Thanks,

NeoGAF

This trailer has me thinking we will get a robocop type scene where we see what its like in first person as someone is turned into a cyborg.

I guess raiden will have to be turned back into one again? Wasnt he a real boy again by the end of 4?

Dear Jesus

Please stop these live action commercials and smite them back to the 90s where they belong. They hurt us.

Thanks,

NeoGAF

Well if its not gameplay or in engine stuff I am ok with live action stuff.

Live action > CG > cheap 2D animated flash movie (torchlight 2 opening movie.. SSX cutscenes, Starhawk cutscenes?)

Apollyon

Neo Member
Are people here seriously thinking that some cheesy promo video is going to have any effect at all on the quality of the game itself? This wasn't even a trailer, just a 30 second teaser. Let it go.

I really don't understand why many MGS fans are against this game. It's a spin-off. You had a crazy card game spin-off before and your precious series wasn't effected.

And hasn't MGR officially been stated to be a spinoff, with the dropping of "Solid" from the title further solidifying that?

Now, I like MGS a fair bit, but I'm totally fine with this being a spinoff and set after MGS4. It'll allow both creative freedom that's less restricted by story and general crazy shit that I expect and want from Platinum Games, and their involvement is another reason I'm fine with this.

:lol

Omg, wtf was that, hahaha

Wait, huh? Why would they make it? Why would Konami sign off on it? Lol, one way or another that was bad.

I don't know, I guess G4 are involved with the marketing? When Konami posted the video on their channel they added a bunch of G4-related tags too:

shhDU.jpg

Bourne Identity wtf

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Who ever was in charge of that teaser should find another profession because they obviously have no fucking clue what they're doing.

MechaX

I really don't understand why many MGS fans are against this game. It's a spin-off. You had a crazy card game spin-off before and your precious series wasn't effected. You will still get your Kojima MGS game where he further craps on the series.

I remember when the PG news first came out some of the fans were like "but this will be too silly and over-the-top for MGS!"

And then they swept the little things like Raiden and Vamp fighting by break-dancing on each other's chests, Raiden holding back Outer Haven, and Mount Snakemore under the rug.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Holy fuck yes. All over my goddamn face!

The teaser appears to be filmed from the perspective of Metal Gear Rising's Raiden as he undergoes his cybernetic transformation, with a little blood and torture thrown in for good measure. Hopefully it will all make sense next week.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I have a sudden desire to replay old 90s games that made a lot of use of FMVs for it's "game play".

Sai-kun

Banned
Did they really use a Nine Inch Nails song?

man, every fucking game should just use Ghosts as their soundtrack. Shit would be awesome.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Agreed, also this is one of the best ever. I've watched this trailer so many times it's insane. Also the TGS one was AMAZING. Goddamn MGS3 is a masterpiece. There was no other game i was more hyped. I downloaded every single screenshot, every trailer, really everything. Watched the trailers a 1000 times, scrolled through the screens while listening to some leaked music from the OST etc.

I doubt there will be a game that can beat the hype that i had for MGS3. Sure there are a few games i'm really excited about (Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, MGR etc.) but nothing came close yet.

Salsa

Metal Gear?

The series that has breakdancing ninjas and robots who make cow noises and bleed.

Yeah dosen't fit.

what does that have to do with amateur camera work, editing and such, reminiscing of a b-style movie?

metal gear is over the top, but there's a pretty consistent style surrounding it, this isnt it.

what does that have to do with amateur camera work, editing and such, reminiscing of a b-style movie?

metal gear is over the top, but there's a pretty consistent style surrounding it, this isnt it.

Because Metal Gear Solid is a b action movie. Especially 1.

so bad, MG rising will be a stain on the franchise
MGS4 already exists.

I haven't played MGS4 yet (although I loved MGS1 ,2 & ,3) so I'm not gonna watch that in case of spoilers. With that said, I'd be damn surprised if it contained anything as embarrassing as Raiden's one-liners in Rising.

Other then "LET IT RIPPPP" I'm finding it hard to believe there's anything bad about the lines compared to regular MGS.

It opens with fake cooperate talk about war and yadda yadda-Yep thats MGS

Philosophical talking about weapons, in this case swords-Yes thats a MGS.

Other then aggro Raiden, I fail to really see a problem. And well compared to what actually happen to Raiden, I'll take this Raiden over "JACK IS DEAD RAIDEN!" from 4.

I mean are they really that awful compared to:

"That's it, Snake. Hurt me more. Make me feel alive again."

Snakes don't belong in Alaska.

I finally understand. I wasn't waiting to kill people, I was waiting for someone to kill me. A man like you. You're a hero.

Kuwabara, Kuwabara.

I am the Fury... The flames of my rage will incinerate you! I came back from space, and as I returned, I had one vision... the world set ablaze! And do you know what I saw? Fury! A great and terrible fury at being alive! Now you will feel the scorching heat of that horrible blackness!

Can you feel my *fury*?

Meryl Silverburgh: So, there's something you like?
Solid Snake: Yeah, you've got a great butt!
Meryl Silverburgh: Oh, I see! First it's my eyes, now it's my butt! What's next?
Solid Snake: On the battlefield, you never think about what's next.

Top Bottom