• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioHazard 5 screens and video from Capcom DVD

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
it's too bad they won't take the level of gore in this to the level of ninja gaiden 2, particularly with how big chris is. i'd like to see what people would say when a zombie grabbed him, and he just literally ripped them in twain

MCD

beelzebozo said:
it's too bad they won't take the level of gore in this to the level of ninja gaiden 2, particularly with how big chris is. i'd like to see what people would say when a zombie grabbed him, and he just literally ripped them in twain
I'd love that but folks are already labeling RE5 racist so this might be a bit extreme.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
filopilo said:
the ultimate truth is that it's a PC at the other end of the cord.

Wait, you mean, games are built on PCs?

This is amazing information you have, please, go on.

fernoca

The-Switcher said:
Which one?

I've got this one:
*Picture*
The one in the video/pics..
Looks big (at least 12 inches) ....

Though those in you pic look nice, I always wanted that Leon...but it seems as if they made like 10 Leons and a million Regenerators..

stewacide

AlStrong said:
They're just trying to reach out to the female audience.

I'd say the opposite: this is probably their over-reaction to a lot of (idiot) westerner males who thought Leon was too effeminate.

stewacide said:
Seriously, can someone let Capcom know their character is an anatomical impossability.

It's one thing when it's an enemy (like Krauser), but for the lead playable character to be so freaky looking is really off-putting.

No one seemed to mind the Roid-faces in Gears =/

...and yeah, those animations look like they're prolly just for testing...

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
say, is that REUC in the background? Wii zapper? Wii version confirmed O.O

i kid, i kid. looking pretty good.

Based on what we know and have seen it looks way to similar to RE4. It doesn't seem like it's going to be any scarier than RE4 which wasn't scary to begin with. I know the RE series isn't really scary, but the older games at least had scenes that made you jump like the dogs jumping through the window in the original. Maybe it was just my age at the time, but that scared the shit out of me. I know this is an early build and things will change as development progresses, but still...

I wouldn't mind being able to move and shoot, but their should be a "consequence" of sorts to moving while shooting. Like for example:

If you stay still you have good accuracy, but if you walk it gets harder to aim and if you run it gets even harder to aim. Something like that. If they didn't incorporate that I wouldn't really care. Despite what I say about RE5 I'm still so fucking excited.

Also this.

45.gif

Chris looks a little too big if you ask me...especially his arms. Really though, I think it was a design decision that ties in with what looks like a new inventory system. It appears as though every weapon in his inventory is strapped to his back. The designers probably had to make his back that huge to compensate for every combination of weapon he can pick up.

Maybe it's the bourbon talking, but I think I'm onto something here.

Yoboman

He's not too big, it's just his arms are ridiculously out of proportion

re514.jpg

Keep him big, but jeez tone it down some Capcom

Bildi

I must admit, seeing Chris from the back in those screens - he looks pretty ridiculous, almost to the point of being funny.

Edit: I just realised why. He looks like the Incredible Hulk minus the green.

wcg6m9.jpg

Redd

Yoboman said:
He's not too big, it's just his arms are ridiculously out of proportion

re514.jpg

Keep him big, but jeez tone it down some Capcom

Yeah Chris must be benching with Barry Burton because he's looking pretty diesel.........he's on the roids.

Foil

He does look too big imo, almost to the point of looking kinda funny. Have they mentioned why they made him that big? Is it just a stylistic choice, or is there a story reason as to why he's the way he is?

I guess he'd look something more like this if he cut back the juice.
less-roids.jpg

Wow... this game looks so unbelievable. Capcom are just way too impressive this generation it isn't even funny.

I don't care what anyone says, I prefer the current look far more because he looks so damn cool. All the polygons and the detail of the equipment that he puts on. It just looks all around amazing.

Buying this bad boy on the 360 day one. Nothing about his muscles need to be toned down. It's perfect as is.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
lupinko said:
Lead sku for all Capcom MT Framework games is the PC.

That's some fucking retarded logic. I'm well aware of how Capcom's development runs, but to call it a "lead SKU" is plain old wrong.

Which leads back to my previous sarcastic remark: Games are made on PCs. News at 11.

Bildi

favouriteflavour said:
Chris should be pretty big, i mean he was a stars member before. They are like what? SWAT?
It's to the point of looking silly though.

It doesn't really make sense from a realistic perspective either - having the physique of a over-the-top steroid-taking body builder wouldn't exactly enhance your abilities as part of an uber-elite tactical unit I would imagine.

VALKYRAY

Banned
we need a re that can shoot while moving. how can you play vs if the character can only shoot when he's standing still?

BigBoss

VALKYRAY said:
we need a re that can shoot while moving. how can you play vs if the character can only shoot when he's standing still?

RE Outbreak let you move and shoot at the same time, the tank controls need to go.

Yeah, Chris is huge in this. Some scenes make his arms seem bigger than his waist. Also, im jumping to conclusions here, but I think there will be more heavy usage of the right analog stick because in the gameplay videos the guy always had his thumb over it or between it and the buttons.

and they should have juet let you move while walking, but make your walking speed really slow when aiming.

Yoboman

Linkzg said:
Yeah, Chris is huge in this. Some scenes make his arms seem bigger than his waist. Also, im jumping to conclusions here, but I think there will be more heavy usage of the right analog stick because in the gameplay videos the guy always had his thumb over it or between it and the buttons.

and they should have juet let you move while walking, but make your walking speed really slow when aiming.
His shape seems better in the model-viewer in the video. But when you apply lighting and see all the grooves - especially of his triceps, something about it is off-putting. As for the analog stick, that could be the God Hand-dodging they've hinted at. Or maybe it's just a force of habit having it there which wouldn't be unlikely

As for moving when aiming. They could have it but remove the aiming reticle or make it more inaccurate when moving (slowly), so you're not restricted from moving but it's still more incentive to stand and shoot

Yoboman

I didn't like how the bullets didn't seem to leave a mark on the enemies in the video (probably just early though). I want to see them bloodied up badly, and I want the shotgun to have a better effect in this one. Blowing off limbs as well as the head, and have them crawl at you NG2 style

Bildi

Yoboman said:
I didn't like how the bullets didn't seem to leave a mark on the enemies in the video (probably just early though). I want to see them bloodied up badly, and I want the shotgun to have a better effect in this one. Blowing off limbs as well as the head, and have them crawl at you NG2 style
Yeah, the blood spurts for a moment and then it disappears. I'm assuming it's an early build thing.

Regarding Chris, he wasn't too bad in the previous trailer where he was this size - I got used to it. But when you view him from the back in these gameplay trailers he looks a bit comical because he's ridiculously wide, his triceps are bonkers, and has no neck. He looks more like a cartoon character and I find it a little grotesque actually.

His arms are ridiculously huge. Unless we are able to rip some enemies in half I think they should tone it down a bit...

Hopefully we'll be able to blow off limbs and corpse's don't just disintegrate into the air for no reason (unless it has something to do with the virus or whatever they're infected with).

NotWii

Banned
Shadow Moses said:
Game is racist. White guy assassinating black people.

Media is going to have a field day with this. :D
They should have an anti-racist option in the menu

[ White character/black enemies ] Black character/white enemies

Top Bottom