• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Nvidia Shield TV launches today

RootCause

That's 3 MGS games on android/shieldtv. Really wonder what's going on with Konami. Why not release it on more successful platforms like pc/X1/ps4/switch.

synce

That's 3 MGS games on android/shieldtv. Really wonder what's going on with Konami. Why not release it on more successful platforms like pc/X1/ps4/switch.

I'd assume Nvidia paid for the development of all these ports, or at least this one. As far as I'm aware Konami doesn't make games anymore unless they have mictotransactions and shit

RootCause

I'd assume Nvidia paid for the development of all these ports, or at least this one. As far as I'm aware Konami doesn't make games anymore unless they have mictotransactions and shit
Perhaps that's the case. wonder if that stops it from being released on other platforms.

is it720P/60 fps like 2?

xviper

if companies want to Re-release their games since they are too lazy to make new ones, at least Remake them, even if it was just a visuals upgrade like Crash

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I wonder if the shield will get the same games as the switch as its sharing the same hardware.

Laserdisk

They did indeed.
It's one way to get third party support.

Murdoch

I wonder if the shield will get the same games as the switch as its sharing the same hardware.

I doubt this will be the case. All of these games are bring developed and ported by nvidia lightspeed studios. I do love my nvidia shield TV I have to say. It's easily been one of the best gadgets I've purchased in my life and the support from Nvidia has been first rate.

Klart

if companies want to Re-release their games since they are too lazy to make new ones, at least Remake them, even if it was just a visuals upgrade like Crash

The Crash remake involved a lot more work than you make it look like.

RAIDEN1

Seeing this thread reminded me of finally purchasing the HD collection for the 360, fortunately it doesn't include Peace-Walker, so that's good...these 2 games are MILES better than MGS5....I don't give a dam about the open-world, more so if it is as barren as it was in MGS5...

Zimmy68

I thought MGS5 was awesome for what it was.

I think he was going for something that would change the genre but ran out of time and money and Konami's patience.

I loved it and played through it twice.

MGS3 will always be my favorite but not looking forward to going through it from the beginning again and re-learning all the boss tricks.

Waiting to see what it looks like on the Sheild.

Toybasher

Neo Member
I thought MGS5 was awesome for what it was.

I think he was going for something that would change the genre but ran out of time and money and Konami's patience.

I loved it and played through it twice.

MGS3 will always be my favorite but not looking forward to going through it from the beginning again and re-learning all the boss tricks.

Waiting to see what it looks like on the Sheild.

I saw footage of both. MGS2 Had weird frame drops in the tanker hallways sometimes and MGS3 was around 40 fps most of the time outside.

Seeing this thread reminded me of finally purchasing the HD collection for the 360, fortunately it doesn't include Peace-Walker, so that's good...these 2 games are MILES better than MGS5....I don't give a dam about the open-world, more so if it is as barren as it was in MGS5...
Isn't the main game just big levels not necessarily open world? It doesn't play like GTA or anything. You skip ahead to different locales and shit

knerl

I saw footage of both. MGS2 Had weird frame drops in the tanker hallways sometimes and MGS3 was around 40 fps most of the time outside.

How was the game speed? Did it turn to slow motion when dropping to ~40 like it does on PS360? If the game speed remains unaffected that would make it a superior version.

Top Bottom