• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Sport to add New Cars,Offline GT League and more

eFKac

Perfect timing, just got the game yesterday.

And while it's fantastic, more cars would be great since owning all of the current roster would not take more than a week I think.

Meh i'm still VERY salty that they dared to release a GT game without Single Player mode but now with these updates i may get it at some point in the future. They also need to fix their photo mode and make it available for offline players as well (it was an incredibly shitty move to lock photo available only if you were online).

You mean like they are doing so

Update 1.06 content (planned for 27 November 2017)
1. Campaign Mode, Scapes, and the Livery Editor features will become available also when offline. (However, an online connection is still required to save game progress).

Jeez lets not post just one part of the update and miss out the update that's coming beforehand.....

1. Campaign Mode, Scapes, and the Livery Editor features will become available also when offline. (However, an online connection is still required to save game progress).

2. Some elements of the car physics simulation model have been improved. This can be noticed especially in commercial cars, which exhibit less grip on the road, with improved sense of realism and controllability.

3. In line with the changes above, we have adjusted the difficulty level of the Driving School and Mission Challenges in the Campaign Mode, to allow a smoother game experience.

4. In Sport mode races, the judgement algorithm of the Sportsmanship Rating (SR) has been improved. Furthermore, it is also now possible to see the deductions of SR points not only for yourself, but also for other drivers involved in a collision/incident with your car.

5. ‘Autumn Leaves’ has been added to the featured Scapes photos. Some new photo spots have also been added.

6. The following 3 cars will be added to the game as free DLC:
・IsoRivolta Zagato Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.X)
・Audi R18 (Audi Sport Team Joest) (Gr.1)
・Shelby Cobra 427 (N500)

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_4451949.html

sublimit

Banned
ok first up I wanna say I have an xbox, but how have they got away with releasing this with no single player game? isn't that what these game are 50% about? game look amazing btw.

the way these threads have been for the last few years if Microsoft would of release a half finished Forza the whole of gas front page would of been about it, have I missed this with GT. like I said I think the game looks amazing

A lot of people expressed their disappointment for the lack of content in GT Sport threads as well.

You mean like they are doing so

Jeez lets not post just one part of the update and miss out the update that's coming beforehand.....

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_4451949.html

Thanks for the heads up. I missed that update. But hey it's not my fault they released a half-finished game with everything locked behind online-only.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
GT League is great news this is what l wanted. Honestly l will dust the game down which l stopped playing after a week.

Gamezone

Gold Member
So why the hell would someone have to connected online in order to save progress in offline mode? There surely must be some point to this?

Unknown?

So why the hell would someone have to connected online in order to save progress in offline mode? There surely must be some point to this?
Cheaters. In an online game it would be easy to hack a save file to give you an unfair advantage.

No more offline stuff after this.

They need to add more tracks (coming) and need to work more on Sport mode by expanding lobby options enabling us to create our own leagues.

Really I agree that it should have been there at launch to help train people as well, but that's it.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
No more offline stuff after this.

They need to add more tracks (coming) and need to work more on Sport mode by expanding lobby options enabling us to create our own leagues.

Really I agree that it should have been there at launch to help train people as well, but that's it.
You forgot the B-SPEC mode silly 😍

Senua

R34? Fuck yes
RX7? Double fuck yes.
Ferrari f40/Enzo. Omg fuck yes.

I will lose my shit if they bring back the 97 Toyota Supra twin turbo.

Some fuckery going on with Toyota and video games atm, though maybe GT is exempt from that crap.

Unknown?

Gtfo man☹
Dont start talking smack about gt4 b-spec you monster 😯
I’m sorry but I never liked it. I wish it had more options rather than slow down, speed up, and overtake. Maybe even some sort of commentary from the driver like, “I can’t overtake yet” or something.

PtKid

Banned
As much as i wanted a classic GT Campaign, i cannot get excited due to other variables which i feel will impact that classic feeling.

Track list is incredibly small and some favourite tracks are missing not to include real world tracks like spa etc.

The car list is also incredibly small and lacks standard production cars. To make matters worse there is not part tuning, one of my favourite parts of GT.

Start with a small car and work all the way up to something much better.

I understand the game is not going in that direction but i feel the inclusion of these classic events to somehow give you the feeling of a proper GT campaign will feel lacklustre

Obviously this is my opinion.

Patrick S.

Banned
The car list is also incredibly small and lacks standard production cars. To make matters worse there is not part tuning, one of my favourite parts of GT.

Start with a small car and work all the way up to something much better.

You are not wrong in theory, but in reality, everyone starts with their favourite boy racer car and tunes it until they can afford a GT-R. Then all the other cars become obsolete. In all the GT games, I always had my 2-3 main cars, and only bought other cars when I was forced to do so when I had to do a race where I couldn't enter those.I don't think I've ever had more than 10-15 cars in a GT game at the same time.

Senua

You are not wrong in theory, but in reality, everyone starts with heir favourite boy racer car and tunes it until they can afford a GT-R. Then all the other cars become obsolete. In all the GT games, I always had my 2-3 main cars, and only bought other cars when I was forced to do so when I had to do a race where I couldn't enter those.I don't think I've ever had more than 10-15 cars in a GT game at the same time.

More cars = more of a chance to have your favourite cars in the game.

This game has basically no cars I'm interested , in fact right now the only one I have love for is the Audi Quattro.

The DLC looks to change that though, good start.

Unknown?

there is not part tuning, one of my favourite parts of GT.

I understand the game is not going in that direction but i feel the inclusion of these classic events to somehow give you the feeling of a proper GT campaign will feel lacklustre

Obviously this is my opinion.
But there is tuning. You don’t do individual parts but you still have to spend currency to increase power and reduce weight just like before. Tuning suspension, breaks, transmissions, downforce, etc are all the same as before. You can still start with a lesser car and make it a monster then move on to superior cars.

Silentium

Looking forward to GT League, was able to pick up GT Sport for AUD 29 (about USD 22). Handling is slightly different than I'm used to (Forza + F1) but getting a handle on it.

I heard this game lacks car parts for upgrades and such. Is that true? If so it’s more like the PSP Gran Turismo.

It is in fact a different method of tuning. Instead of selecting individual parts like a stage 2 turbo, you spend race credits (mileage points?) on tiered performance enhancements. This includes weight reduction and increased hp. You can still adjust gear ratios, suspension ride height, braking, downforce etc in fine detail though. The more in-depth customization aspect comes in the form or livery, paint selection, and custom wheel adjustments (including manufacturer, style,colo, and size).

PtKid

Banned
But there is tuning. You don’t do individual parts but you still have to spend currency to increase power and reduce weight just like before. Tuning suspension, breaks, transmissions, downforce, etc are all the same as before. You can still start with a lesser car and make it a monster then move on to superior cars.

I understand what you saying and understand their new vision, however for myself being a more old school GT fan, i prefer the old system.

The reality is, the game is going to get better over time but at the moment the lack of meaningful tracks and production cars affect mine and i'm sure more peoples expectations towards this GT campaign they are adding.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Anyone tried rally in gt sport?
I frikking love it.

The physics are complete bullshit but it feels so good to constantly battle your car to stay on the track.
Took me 5 tries to win 1 on 1 but damn i love it

Inviusx

Patch added a lot quality of life improvements for online play, particularly around the penalty system in Sport mode. Really good stuff so far but the new cars didn't really do it for me. Looking for some more race tuned street cars for the GR3/4 category.

Top Bottom