• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX RESPECT announced for PS4

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIz1qS5eU-I

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/djmax-respect-announced-ps4

Neowiz Games and Rocky Studio announced DJMax Respect for PlayStation 4 during a PlayStation Developer Conference in South Korea today.

The rhythm game, due out in South Korea in January 2017, is an “all-in-one” game featuring the songs of DJMax Portable and DJMax Portable 2, a local two-player mode, an online mode, arcade mode, mission mode, and gallery mode. Songs from DJMax Portable Clazziquai Edition, DJMax Portable Black Square, DJMax Portable 3, DJMax Technika, and DJMax Technika 3 are also planned as downloadable content.

Press up left up up left square circle up circle square to pay respects

Deft Beck

Neat, but since Pentavision dissolved after Technika Q, this is just Neowiz cashing in on the old games. I'll probably still pick it up, but just keep that in mind. DJMAX exists only as a brand now, it's not "back".

If you want a new game by the original developers, play Superbeat Xonic.

Neat, but since Pentavision dissolved after Technika Q, this is just Neowiz cashing in on the old games. I'll probably still pick it up, but just keep that in mind. DJMAX exists only as a brand now, it's not "back".

If you want a new game by the original developers, play Superbeat Xonic.

Sure, but if this is a solidly done collection I'll be happy to have another way to play all these DJ Max songs. Having them all in one place, kind of like Project Diva Future Tone, would be neat.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Oh hell yes.

I'm in. I've sunk countless hours into the PS Vita version so I may import this day 1 (depending if there is any chance of the game + all DLC coming over to Europe)

Deft Beck

Sure, but if this is a solidly done collection I'll be happy to have another way to play all these DJ Max songs. Having them all in one place, kind of like Project Diva Future Tone, would be neat.

We'd be lucky if the West even gets this. Otherwise, you'd have to get a Korean/Japanese account and go through the headache of buying PSN cards to buy DLC, like what the importers of Project Diva games have to go through.

Holding out for PM Studios or Actil to make a deal. The DJMAX games have made their way to the West for a while now in some capacity.

We'd be lucky if the West even gets this. Otherwise, you'd have to get a Korean/Japanese account and go through the headache of buying PSN cards to buy DLC, like what the importers of Project Diva games have to go through.
That's really not as complicated as you're making it sound.

Falk

that puzzling face
For a franchise that thrived for so long on the backs of extremely talented producers and musicians, seeing what's basically just a compilation of the old games and no new content being announced for a new platform is like watching the zombified corpse of a loved one shuffle in your front door.

Also, considering that Portable 3 promised tons of DLC but had virtually nothing, I'm not going to get this until we actually see it all on the store.

featuring the songs of DJMax Portable and DJMax Portable 2

r1HGFou3mUwMw.gif

Deft Beck

That's really not as complicated as you're making it sound.

Yeah, I suppose.

For a franchise that thrived for so long on the backs of extremely talented producers and musicians, seeing what's basically just a compilation of the old games and no new content being announced for a new platform is like watching the zombified corpse of a loved one shuffle in your front door.

Also, considering that Portable 3 promised tons of DLC but had virtually nothing, I'm not going to get this until we actually see it all on the store.

It's a nostalgia ploy, for sure. Neowiz doesn't seem to be interested in making new content because of the bridges they burnt with the original developers. Everyone jumped ship to work with Nurijoy, and Superbeat Xonic is like the true sequel to the old Portable games, as a result.

Portable 3 had a fun new mode but a grindy unlock system and a soundtrack of mostly remixes. Big disappointment.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's a nostalgia ploy, for sure. Neowiz doesn't seem to be interested in making new content because of the bridges they burnt with the original developers. Everyone jumped ship to work with Nurijoy, and Superbeat Xonic is like the true sequel to the old Portable games, as a result.

Portable 3 had a fun new mode but a grindy unlock system and a soundtrack of mostly remixes. Big disappointment.

I just think it's an extremely bizarre choice of platform for a compilation game.

Trilogy was and is by far the DJMAX game with the highest skill ceiling/longevity for very obvious reasons, outside of the lingering confusion and insistence on designing based on both sdf<space>jkl and <shift>zsxdc<space> layouts at high level play.

I think I'd have been far less salty at a "Trilogy 2" announcement or similar on PC, even if it similarly didn't have any new content, since Trilogy was -awesome- just by virtue of having a bunch of tracks that previously were crippled by button layout (or touchscreen, lol) finally given a chance to shine.

Rephin

Fucking in. I loved the soundtracks to the first two games, and it'll be nice to play them again. I kind of wish DJMax Trilogy on PC wasn't so busted, though, because that was a great collection.

Edit: ^this

Deft Beck

I just think it's an extremely bizarre choice of platform for a compilation game.

Trilogy was and is by far the DJMAX game with the highest skill ceiling/longevity for very obvious reasons, outside of the lingering confusion and insistence on designing based on sdf<space>jkl and <shift>zsxdc<space> layouts at high level play.

I think I'd have been far less salty at a "Trilogy 2" announcement or similar on PC, even if it similarly didn't have any new content, since Trilogy was -awesome- just by virtue of having a bunch of tracks that previously were crippled by button layout (or touchscreen, lol) finally given a chance to shine.

What are they going to put it on, the Vita? The PS4 is thriving as a platform while the Vita is basically on its way out aside from enthusiasts. This is the perfect opportunity to recapture fans whose handhelds are in their desk drawers.

On the topic of Trilogy, I wish they'd bring the exclusive tracks to this game, in some capacity. End of the Moonlight Remastered...

What are they going to put it on, the Vita? The PS4 is thriving as a platform while the Vita is basically on its way out aside from enthusiasts. This is the perfect opportunity to recapture fans whose handhelds are in their desk drawers.

The Vita is doing perfectly fine in Asia, which is probably the primary market for this game

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
That is one hell of a name.

DJMax rules, this is good news. I have enjoyed every western release so far.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
PLEASE. PLEASE.

PLLLEEAAAASSEEEEEE.

...do NOT have the awful grinding that plagued Fever & Portable 3 to unlock content. Otherwise, hell yeah, cannot wait to try this out.

Yasumi

Banned
Yeah, but having so much DLC would be a lot to store on the Vita's notoriously expensive memory cards.
Most of the space would be taken up by the background video (which they really shouldn't include, considering how badly they'd upscale). Just the songs by themselves would be a couple hundred MBs per pack.

Deft Beck

Back to PC. I don't know how you missed that sentiment in literally the rest of my post ;p

(Yes, it's a pipe dream)

Trilogy was basically already that, as was said. It's time to reach the old fans with new consoles. Untapped opportunity.

Falk

that puzzling face
(which they really shouldn't include, considering how badly they'd upscale).

Virtually everything on Clazziquai and Black Square was also on Technika in some form or another. That's 720p. No idea about Portable 3 and the few Tune exclusives, but I'd be very, very surprised if 720p or greater resolution source versions didn't exist for the possibility of chucking them on Technika at some point as a future option.

The Portable 1 and 2 BGAs, really were Flash-style animations on the original DJMAX Online and in Trilogy, and I don't see why they couldn't exist in that form at a fraction of the size of FMV. (They were encoded as video on the PSP games for what I assume is technical reasons)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
"Respect" as a subtitle. That's a new one!

I guess Korea has discovered an English word that the Japanese haven't already misused in a hilarious fashion.

Can't wait for games like "Gears of War: Respect" or "Assassin's Creed: Respect".

"Captain America: Respect"

"Vampire the Masquerade: Respect"

PLEASE release it with some sort of custom controller. The pain of there being no home console iidx still hurts, this might help ease it.

oldmario

i wonder if the sales of superbeat in NA and the UK are satisfactory enough to convince neowiz to release it over here and even better if it's physically

Top Bottom