• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV gets meaty update: New Character, Stages, Costumes. CFN Improved

I feel the same... since it happened with all of her costumes in SF4...Ibuki STOP TOUCHING YOUR FACE DAMMIT!

What I've grown used to is Mikas hair eating her face during her win screen.

I've come to the conclusion that R Mikas hair is in fact a creature from another dimension.

She hanging with Bayonetta.

Nephtes

Suzaku Castle already has breakable signs on the sides. I hope they don't add anything else. Maybe more birds? But I don't want any NPCs on that stage.

Are you saying you don't want any Kanzuki family ninjas and chained up bears animating poorly in the background of one of the most iconic Street Fighter stages of all time?
I can't imagine why not...

Blu(e)

Didn't realize there was limited time DLC. Is there a list of all the limited time DLC that's not available now? I believe there were holiday skins too? Will they bring those back at least?

JusDoIt

Didn't realize there was limited time DLC. Is there a list of all the limited time DLC that's not available now? I believe there were holiday skins too? Will they bring those back at least?

I believe the Halloween, Winter, and CPT 2016 packs are the only DLC currently unavailable. I wouldn't be surprised if the holiday stuff comes back. I don't think the CPT 2016 stuff is ever coming back, unless CPT 2018 is a big bundle with all three season's worth of CPT DLC.

joe2187

Banned

So far I believe

CPT2016 Stage and Formal Wear costumes Ring of Destiny, Costumes for Cammy, Chun-Li and Necalli.

Halloween Costumes and spooky stage 2016 Costumes for Cammy, Necalli, Nash, Juri, Alex, Ryu

Holiday Costumes, Christmas stage 2016, Costumes, for R Mika, Karin, Laura, Ken, Zangief

CPT2017 Ring of Pride Sate, Costumes for Ken, Ryu and Guile.

as far as bringing them back, not a clue...maybe you'll see the past halloween and holiday ones on sale in a bundle during october and december....but so far the CPT stuff has been clearly exclusive.

JeTmAn81

Do these big updates stack in terms of storage space or are you downloading the whole game which then just overwrites what was already on your hard drive? Muh 500 gigs...

Seriously, if some of these costumes are only available during the tour, has this happened before? does this mean there is no way possible to purchase them?

pizzacat

Banned
find me the image you want to use and I could make it for you
Thanks for the offer but I meant

The stylized version of someone's costume

JRI_06.png

With guiles new costume with the mask

streetfighterv_201707yxpkk.png

Again thanks <3

Everything seems quite expensive DLC-wise :/

Im just glad I can still pick and choose and Capcom haven't resorted to doing lootboxes of some sort. If you just buy for the characters you actually play and not trying to get everything its not that bad. FM helps with stages if you buy Season Pass it gets you a good amount of FM opportunities. Stages also appear online regardless if you own them as long as your opponent does.

In-game he looks nothing like that, he still looks like absolute trash
TZp6iom.png

That's not really "in-game", that's the character select where he does look bad. He looks fine in-game.

I see, thanks! Never sold a card, although they don't seem to be worth much anyway.

If you have a crapload of Steam games and sell all the cards you get, well, it adds up...

I've essentially gotten games and DLC for free.

RedAssedApe

Banned
If Ken only looks like crap in character select it should actually be an easier fix no? Have they even fixed the issues with some characters clipping in character select?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Everything seems quite expensive DLC-wise :/

It is, in order to compensate for the possibility of people buying a lot of it with fight money.

This content plan makes me doubtful that there will ever be a disc/digital bundle that includes ALL the content for the game at a normal price point. Even if they do a big relaunch with "Super" SFV, I don't see how they could include all these 4 dollar outfits and stages without massively damaging their primary revenue stream.

People who are waiting to get literally everything in a single package (like USF4 on PS4, for example) might be waiting until the game is at the end of its life.

Nephtes

If Ken only looks like crap in character select it should actually be an easier fix no? Have they even fixed the issues with some characters clipping in character select?

Nope, Ken's hair happily goes right through his shoulder (it's very sharp/solid hair...or bananas depending on who you ask).

kikiribu

A fighting game with clipping is absolutely nothing new. If Tekken 7 had taken the risk of displaying the actual models in character select instead of thumbnail pics, you'd see clipping there too. Go take Lili into customization, you'll see her boobs clipping right through her sleeves over and over.

A quick fix would be to simply change his pose or not make him smile, since it's the weird smile that kills his model in character select. He looks very good in motion, and his victory pose makes his face look good, despite evil grin.

Is there a version of the Juri classic costume without the added sleeves?
The costume code removes the jacket and brings it back to her SF4 look, which should have been the default look to begin with. Knowing Capcom, it was a mistake to set it as default and they didn't have enough time to change it before launch, LOL

Top Bottom