• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Yeah, I probably posted this in the other thread, but the next time we see this dude's name in the news, he'll be going to prison. Right now he thinks fading into the private sector and making big money will make people forget about him.

I want to see what happens if he tries to leave the country.

One could only hope. I'd love to see it. Along with Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, and Mitch McConnell. However, I think he simple saw the writing on the wall with his opponent drastically out raising him for 2018.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Oin9lNt.gif

Ac30

Tom Perez, current chair of the DNC, flat out said that the modern Republican party "doesn't give a shit about the poor" and then refused to back down or apologize, so they're basically paraphrasing him.

In other news, I like Tom Perez a lot.

That's cool that's he's so forthright about it (and I'm glad he's getting the message across and that he's doing his job well) but the Democratic party has to more than hip with the young things. I mean I'm probably worried over nothing but I'd prefer they don't turn off older people.

That's cool that's he's so forthright about it (and I'm glad he's getting the message across and that he's doing his job well) but the Democratic party has to more than hip with the young things. I mean I'm probably worried over nothing but I'd prefer they don't turn off older people.

certainly didn't hurt Trump

Teggy

Going high is nice and all, but it didn't work. Time to do what works.

I'm glad to see they're taking my suggestion of reviving Obamacare repeal every couple of weeks until the midterms. "Well, we're going to have to pull the bill. Turns out we still don't have the votes. But I have a really good feeling about the next time we reintroduce it."

Ac30

I went on the InfoWars store once because someone linked it for the lols here and all I'm getting now is adverts for shitty manhood supplements and truck parts.

Help

It's time for results, and by that we mean do nothing for a year and a half while her party goes through a civil war, and possibly only hold the job for a year and a half.

I went on the InfoWars store once because someone linked it for the lols here and all I'm getting now is adverts for shitty manhood supplements and truck parts.

Help

Once upon a time I decided to experiment by going to the National Review Online, clicking on the craziest seeming link I could find and then continuing the process. I'm glad that online ad generation was much simpler back then, because I sure ended up at some crazy and disturbing places.

Ac30

Once upon a time I decided to experiment by going to the National Review Online, clicking on the craziest seeming link I could find and then continuing the process. I'm glad that online ad generation was much simpler back then, because I sure ended up at some crazy and disturbing places.

The worst I ever had was when I went onto a site kinda like Alibaba to order some cheap electronics parts from China and the seller I bought from also sold pasties (wut), so for a week or so I only got ads with half-naked women with pasties on

Was fun to explain to the GF :p

Blader

One could only hope. I'd love to see it. Along with Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, and Mitch McConnell. However, I think he simple saw the writing on the wall with his opponent drastically out raising him for 2018.

He was way more likely to be primary'd than lose to a Dem in the general.

I think the reason for Chaffetz resigning is pretty simple: he loved zealously investigating Obama over nothing, looked forward to doing the same with Hillary, won't investigate anything related to Trump, and can't stand the heat he's taking for the obvious hypocrisy. He is, after all, a complete coward, so taking the coward's way out of his job seems perfectly in line with his character.

Rant incoming.

Today I learned: Alt Right, Neo Nazis, White Supremacists, and White Nationals are just White Identitarians..And Antifa are literal terrorists.

Context: A FB dumbass commenting on the Berkeley rally/protests

The dog whistling of labeling them White Identitarians. Jesus Christ.

As a Hispanic/Latin man that has many white friends with questionable beliefs, there's a lot of shit I've heard in my day and can say I understand finally the allure of Gamer Gate, Alt Right crap. It's a shield or defense for shitty "I'm not racist, but.." kind of shit I've been hearing since high school.

A bunch of cowards who don't want to ally themselves with racists or misogynists but bend over backwards when said people are coming to power or prominence because minority identities are "threatening" and "violent". And focus way more on the "faults" of the left than ever saying anything negative of the extreme right other than "both sides are bad! See look at what the left is doing".

Summary: "centrist/contrarian/above the fray of politics" should just create a "I'm not racist but" party to hide behind their racist denials.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Please keep trying ACA repeal. Please. Every time it just makes them look worse. Most Americans don't even want it repealed.

teiresias

Can you imagine the hilarity if Trump refuses to sign or vetos a funding bill to keep the government open that made it through Congress as a hostage for forcing passage of the AHCA?!

The AHCA couldn't have gone any worse, so they're trying to muddy the waters and confuse who to blame. Everything they do is for PR purposes to their base, nothing to do with substantive legislation to help average people.

tmarg

What are the odds of a shutdown right now? I used to think it was unlikely, despite how funny it is to imagine them doing that to themselves, but if they're really going to take another swipe at Obamacare instead of working on a CR...

What are the odds of a shutdown right now? I used to think it was unlikely, despite how funny it is to imagine them doing that to themselves, but if they're really going to take another swipe at Obamacare instead of working on a CR...

Honestly, the 2013 shutdown had a lot to do with GOP internal strife. It was just easy to look at divided government and conclude that was the cause. Congress is really no more functional now than it was then. It's really not out of the question.

jtb

Banned
Honestly pretty shocked to learn that Favreau was a speechwriter for Hillary's 2016 campaign for a hot second. All through the campaign I wondered why he never worked with her.

He did a damn good job of keeping his lips sealed on that one, for such a visible figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom