• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild seems to be developing quite the fan art following already....

Rootbeer

Banned
u7S9wuW.gif
I love it but if you look at the sword too long it looks like it's wagging like a giant dildo

Amazing work no matter how you slice it

If you don't know the source material it looks silly. There's really no reason to get up in arms about it. Get over it.

You obviously knew the artist was modeling it after manga by it being right to left, so why even make the comment? Why the hell is doing manga style panels cringey? Hell, why even say cringey? The fact you even use that word makes me literally cringe to read your comment.

You obviously knew the artist was modeling it after manga by it being right to left, so why even make the comment? Why the hell is doing manga style panels cringey? Hell, why even say cringey? The fact you even use that word makes me literally cringe to read your comment.

Because some people are inspired and influenced by art that was made in Japan and that's like so dorky and embarrassing omg can you imagine.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Because some people are inspired and influenced by art that was made in Japan and that's like so dorky and embarrassing omg can you imagine.
There's nothing wrong with that at all as I didn't know it was parodying a manga. I thought the artist was doing it for no reason which would actually make it dorky. Manga panels read right to left because of the language but this art piece is in English so it threw me off. Really, I'm not sure why this is a big deal.

Fredrik

very nice man. Did you trace over Link? Or completely drawn by yourself? Looks fairly close
Thanks! A bit of both I guess, I use the iPad Pro so it's likely every digital trickery known to man lol ;D No copy and paste though. I layered the original box art, lowered the opacity so it was just barely seen and did a rough sketch line scribble of Link, the bow, shield, sword, etc, made kind of a silouette to get the proportions right, then just went on and did my own thing.

The original plan was to try to copy it though, down to the last detail, but it was just waaay too much details for me and I quickly realized that I had to be able to draw like the original artist and use the same brushes etc to get it the same. Just wasn't an option with my skills. So I just went my own way and made it into fan art instead.

Have you used the iPad Pro? If you hold the iPad sideways and swipe to the left you can split the screen, so I had Safari (with the box art) and Procreate (great drawing app) using half the screen each, perfect for constant side by side comparisons (with zoom capabilities, awesome feature). That's how I started out, to get a rough feeling of the colors, just kind of scribbling my way with big strokes and smudges etc, no details yet just lots of colors. Then I went on my own and started adding grass in the forground, flowers, kind of got a The Witness feeling, added details on the rocks, roughly formed the sky into some kind of clouds etc. I tried to really dig into the details in the earlier side by side process for Link too, started fairly close to the original for the wrinkles and lighting, ears, hair, until I felt like it was possible to see that it was Link. Then I just freestyled it into my own thing, adding more stuff along the way, markings, trees, master sword, bridges, castle, deku tree, clouds, lots of work on highlights etc.

I posted several versions on Instagram and it started off very very rough but in the end it's possibly my most satisfying drawing yet because I just kept going for days with more and more details yet didn't stay too close to the original. I usually draw smaller projects and basically only at the evenings when the kids are asleep so it probably took me close to a week start to finish, but it was still a super fun project tbh :)

Edit: from early sketch to finished art
zfoPIW7.jpg

So here is mine

C3tCyMpXUAEjju9.jpg:large

And you can find wallpapers there ;)

God dammit man. Do you know how hard it has been to just not buy a bunch of your stuff already?

Honestly the only reason I've been able to hold back is how many options there are for each thing and choice paralysis. Thank god for that, I've already got too many prints to frame that I'll never get to. :3

orioto

Good Art™
Thx guys :p

God dammit man. Do you know how hard it has been to just not buy a bunch of your stuff already?

Honestly the only reason I've been able to hold back is how many options there are for each thing and choice paralysis. Thank god for that, I've already got too many prints to frame that I'll never get to. :3

Yeah i know i should add less options but in the end i always remove one that some people want -_- You'll come back :p

Yeah i know i should add less options but in the end i always remove one that some people want -_- You'll come back :p

Lol, don't remove options on my account. The fact that there are several sizes is enough for me to take hours to make a choice. I wish I wasn't like this. :c

Dystify

Might as well post it here.. I made extremely large posters with the new artwork. They look great even if you print them at 24x36 inch/ ~60x90cm (that's the same size as most movie posters) but you can also print them at lower resolutions. There are also smaller sizes that can be used as phone background or so. I'm gonna print one of these on canvas myself. :p

There are 30 variants in total. (9 large logo, 9 smaller logo, 9 Japanese logo, 3 no logo) Logos come in gold, yellowish (I called it "light") and white. 3 different backgrounds are available.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bw9bTOAU1Hb-OW1jOGpTbHgtZzA

Preview of 3 variants:
C4uPAm5WIAID2Km.jpg

RetroMG

Might as well post it here.. I made extremely large posters with the new artwork. They look great even if you print them at 24x36 inch/ ~60x90cm (that's the same size as most movie posters) but you can also print them at lower resolutions. There are also smaller sizes that can be used as phone background or so. I'm gonna print one of these on canvas myself. :p

There are 30 variants in total. (9 large logo, 9 smaller logo, 9 Japanese logo, 3 no logo) Logos come in gold, yellowish (I called it "light") and white. 3 different backgrounds are available.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bw9bTOAU1Hb-OW1jOGpTbHgtZzA

Those are outstanding.

vixlar

Thank youuuuuuu (Beedle's voice)

Aquova

These are amazing, thank you!!

Preview of 3 variants:
C4uPAm5WIAID2Km.jpg

Wish I could use one of these as my wallpaper.

Top Bottom