• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

I deleted the game and try to re-download. Funny enough that the store offers me to purchase the game even though I have bought it. Now I have the game in my download list twice.

cyborg009

Banned
Doesn't offer me a patch.

Edit: lol. Now the game crashes through startup.

Press the refresh symbol on the live area(home screen) and make sure to be connection to internet.

patch notes
  • Improved save game robustness
  • Improved Facebook message editing
  • Improved complex decorations
  • Fixed graphical tilt glitches
  • Fixed snapping on some folding props
  • Made the echo more epic (added reverb)
  • Added fade transitions
  • Improved photo viewing
  • Support for camera orientation data
  • Improved notification of game saving
  • Terminating text entry dialogs correctly
  • Fixed server button toggling on and off
  • Fixed consecutive save file hang
  • Fixed an issue with prompt remaining onscreen
  • Addressed errorneous naming conventions in foreign manuals
  • Addressed default age setting issue

traveler

Not Wario
Well, I'll get it but I'm keeping expectations in check. I'm basically expecting Luigi's Mansion 2 for the Vita- that is to say, a game that's not particularly deep, skillful, or challenging, but makes up for it anyway by always changing it up with inventive and fun design. The great presentation shouldn't hurt, either. I'm definitely not going to set myself for disappoint by expecting an actual quality platformer from MM.

KORNdoggy

I'm about 3 hours in, maybe more, and something happened i honestly didn't expect...my GOTY list started to shift, it started wiggling its way into a list i honestly though was set in stone at this point...since a few minutes ago my GOTY list top 2 games where last of us and bioshock...but if this game continues to impress me as it has with its great, innovative and fun use of the vita capabilities and unbelievable charm, then it might actually dethrone the last of us...and frankly...i did not see that coming.

PaulloDEC

Well, I'll get it but I'm keeping expectations in check. I'm basically expecting Luigi's Mansion 2 for the Vita- that is to say, a game that's not particularly deep, skillful, or challenging, but makes up for it anyway by always changing it up with inventive and fun design. The great presentation shouldn't hurt, either. I'm definitely not going to set myself for disappoint by expecting an actual quality platformer from MM.

You're wise to set your expectations low (generally speaking) but you've nothing to fear with Tearaway. The controls are easily on-par with any other quality 3D-platformer I've ever played, and they bear absolutely no similarities to how Sackboy controlled in the LBP games. Could easily be from a totally different dev in that respect.

Dragnet

I've only seen two bugs, after (pretty early game spoilers? Are they spoilers? Oink oink)
riding the pig
I couldn't
lift the log
and after a reboot the
pig riding
led to it's cutscene but then after placed me back at the beginning of the section, where I did it again leading to no cutscene and
two piggies not in their house!

Uh...I preordered at last minute but had no funds in my PSN wallet, put money in after the fact, but now it keeps telling me the payment hasn't processed for the game, whats going on? Am I stuck waiting till tomorrow or is Tearaway not downloadable yet? :/

EDIT: Oh apparently the Vita store screwed up and put the Jukebox pack downloadables in my list but refused to give me a means of repurchasing the preorder, so now I just have a vanilla copy of Tearway. Bums :/

Zemm

I'm really surprised just how good and challenging the platforming gets a bit later into the game, it's not exactly hard but there's some risk. It's so much fun. I thought it would be more of a slow paced exploring game, and there is plenty of that, but then they'll crank things up a notch. It really is a great game, I also can't believe how good it looks, it's so clean.

jengo

This guy says its $39.99. Did Sony say it was $34.99 somewhere?

When I saw that I wanted to ask here. But "suggested retail price" seems to refer to brick & mortar/standard retail, and not necessarily PSN store. But then again, why mention that price and not promote the cheaper digital option as well. It's only $5 but I kinda planned my PSN wallet accordingly, and lack of a key chain on the digital was offset by a discount (in my mind). Totally still excited for this tonight!

Man, Tearaway needs a twitch stream! I'm listening to a podcast from PS blog and its just more and more amazing impressions from it!

Man, please at least hit 300-500k gamers! For the love of goodness support quality software!

Sinthetic

Just finished it and some hugely rushed thoughts:

I had one of the most amazing experiences in gaming with Tearaway. I knew it was going to be a great one, but I didn't realise how much it would affect me and instantly be one of my top games of all time.

You get the feeling that it is going to be an important story from the get go. It lives up to that in spades. It's one of the most personal and fantastic games I've ever played and the best thing is, there is no way it could be the same journey for any two people.

The story has everything, from laugh out loud moments to goosebump inducing ones. You grow to care about these characters and the story is one that will make you want to rush through to see it as quick as possible.

Length is perfect in my eyes. It doesn't out stay its welcome and gives you plenty of character progression (love that one power up). It feels really solid and full of amazing and varied locations (from forests to science fiction backdrops).

I would say it is almost flawless. I had a few jerky/locked camera moments, a slight glitch where my back pad stopped working and I did notice quite a lot of slowdown, but I'm sure it's because the game is pushing the Vita hard.

Amazing, amazing game. Now onto the OST.

aro52

You should be fine, I played it entirely on the bus. The only thing that caused annoyance to people was actually that one of the recent Vita updates made it so that the Vita always makes the Screenshot-capturing noise at full volume through the game speakers even if you have the system volume off or have headphones on, and some uses of the camera trigger the screenshot noise.

This is annoying. I did some research on this, and apparently it's a law in some countries (i.e. Japan) that ALL cameras must make a loud shutter noise when taking a picture. Up-skirt shots and all that. :/
I'll play [on my flight] until it turns into photo op time, and put it down. Not gonna start blasting off full volume shutter noises.

I'm getting strong Rareware vibes from what I have seen of this game. Those who own it, do you feel the same way? Maybe it's the style of puzzles and all the character dialog where they need you to solve their problems so you can move on to the next point.

PaulloDEC

This is annoying. I did some research on this, and apparently it's a law in some countries (i.e. Japan) that ALL cameras must make a loud shutter noise when taking a picture. Up-skirt shots and all that. :/
I'll play [on my flight] until it turns into photo op time, and put it down. Not gonna start blasting off full volume shutter noises.

If it helps, most of the photography in the game is optional. I'm about 40% done, and I can think of maybe 5 or 6 pictures so far the game made me take (and I think a few of those were for optional side-activities).

Amir0x

Banned
Just finished it and some hugely rushed thoughts:

I had one of the most amazing experiences in gaming with Tearaway. I knew it was going to be a great one, but I didn't realise how much it would affect me and instantly be one of my top games of all time.

You get the feeling that it is going to be an important story from the get go. It lives up to that in spades. It's one of the most personal and fantastic games I've ever played and the best thing is, there is no way it could be the same journey for any two people.

The story has everything, from laugh out loud moments to goosebump inducing ones. You grow to care about these characters and the story is one that will make you want to rush through to see it as quick as possible.

Length is perfect in my eyes. It doesn't out stay its welcome and gives you plenty of character progression (love that one power up). It feels really solid and full of amazing and varied locations (from forests to science fiction backdrops).

I would say it is almost flawless. I had a few jerky/locked camera moments, a slight glitch where my back pad stopped working and I did notice quite a lot of slowdown, but I'm sure it's because the game is pushing the Vita hard.

Amazing, amazing game. Now onto the OST.

It really sounds like the game resonates well with some people.

The platforming - are any of the challenges unique or compelling? Do they ever begin to offer a suitable challenge? The level design itself, does it have new ideas?

It really sounds like the game resonates well with some people.

The platforming - are any of the challenges unique or compelling? Do they ever begin to offer a suitable challenge? The level design itself, does it have new ideas?
I know i think we have another Journey on our hands...

aro52

If it helps, most of the photography in the game is optional. I'm about 40% done, and I can think of maybe 5 or 6 pictures so far the game made me take (and I think a few of those were for optional side-activities).

I'll keep that in mind. We'll see how it goes! If Amazon would ever ship my copy...

Firehead

Right, got my copy right in front of me. Just... contemplating. I haven't heard much about the length or replayability of the game. Anyone know roughly how long it takes to complete? And what's there to do after beating the game?

co1onel

Right, got my copy right in front of me. Just... contemplating. I haven't heard much about the length or replayability of the game. Anyone know roughly how long it takes to complete? And what's there to do after beating the game?

Seems like anywhere from 5-10 hours the first playthrough. People have been saying about 20 hours to 100%

Jinaar

Can you have multiple saves? I want to do a scientific test on my gf (who doesn't play video games) and just place the Vita in her hands with the game loaded and just walk away. Either that Vita will go flying across the apartment or I may never be able to part her hands from it. But I want to have my own save and her own save it if comes to that. Is that a possibility?

Top Bottom