• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezodagrom

- Doom: 1080p, max settings, 45~55 fps.

But Doom........ this one is acting strange. It's performing way better than before, that's for sue, but I've seen some benchmarks (of the full game though) running it at 90~100 fps with my card. I've tried changing the API from the demo to Vulkan and it just crashes. Tried resintalling all the drivers and nothing changed, am with the latest AMD driver, and used DDU to remove all Nvidia driver could be left.

What do you people think? Is Doom demo really badly optimized? Is there any solution to make Vulkan work?
The demo is most likely a much older build of the game.

When I tried the demo (Phenom II X4 955 and GTX 960 at the time), I couldn't get a stable 60 fps even at a lower resolution, I thought it was a CPU bottleneck, but eventually I got the full game, I still have the same CPU but I have a GTX 1060 (6GB) now, full game runs above 60fps easily in either OpenGL or Vulkan modes, going sometimes way above 100fps in Vulkan (though I just play it locked at 60 of course, I can't stand screen tearing).

Kudo

how if blizzard is good with anti cheat?

They're pretty good as they permanently ban your IP so if you buy new game that game will get banned too even if you don't have cheats enabled this time. Pretty "no mercy" approach to Overwatch community, which is what these online games need.
Also if I remember correctly they even sued one person who was making the cheats?

I'm hopeful they'll manage to keep Destiny 2 somewhat clean, given the popularity it'll be hard to get rid of all cheats though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I give it a couple of weeks.

Blizzard can ban cheaters if they catch them. The cheats will still get made though, so it's not like they can do anything to stop that. Also, we don't actually know what kind of infrastructure support Blizzard is providing in this whole arrangement. It's entirely possible that they are just acting as a storefront and content delivery system.

They already said Destiny will use the the full battle.net infrastructure

They're pretty good as they permanently ban your IP so if you buy new game that game will get banned too even if you don't have cheats enabled this time. Pretty "no mercy" approach to Overwatch community, which is what these online games need.
Also if I remember correctly they even sued one person who was making the cheats?

I'm hopeful they'll manage to keep Destiny 2 somewhat clean, given the popularity it'll be hard to get rid of all cheats though.

oh wow that's nice and harsh lol.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It's sad to see so many dislike Vanquish because they are just constantly sitting behind cover or standing still and shooting at enemies like Gears of War and the like, rather than sliding around or doing close quarter attacks.

It's like seeing someone complain that Super Mario Bros is no fun because they don't hold the B button to run.

They already said Destiny will use the the full battle.net infrastructure

This is what they've said specifically
Will Destiny 2 offer the same cross-game social features that Blizzard titles currently have?

Destiny 2 will be integrated into many of Blizzard’s existing social features—you’ll be able to chat with friends playing Destiny 2 the same way you already can for Blizzard games. Players will also be able to add friends and form parties the same way Blizzard gamers can. And, you’ll see a Destiny 2 status icon by your friends who are playing Destiny 2 the same way you do for friends playing StarCraft II, Diablo III, WoW, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, and Overwatch.

Who will be operating Destiny 2’s servers?

Bungie will maintain Destiny 2’s servers; Blizzard’s servers will be used for features related to the Blizzard platform, such as login and social functionality.

And what about customer service?

Destiny 2’s gameplay customer service will be handled by Bungie; Blizzard will handle customer service for platform and shop issues specific to our service.

If Destiny servers are run by Bungie then how is Blizzard's cheat protection going to work?

We just don't know how this arrangement is going to work out yet.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Energy Balance -- MB-BF834B6236D214C3 - Taken by KenOD
Make it indie! -- MB-D2EEED8A8A306B7A - Taken by rainking187
Retention -- MB-6E18A11D7ED01534 - Taken by Hakkelus

Sch1sm

It's sad to see so many dislike Vanquish because they are just constantly sitting behind cover or standing still and shooting at enemies like Gears of War and the like, rather than sliding around or doing close quarter attacks.

It's like seeing someone complain that Super Mario Bros is no fun because they don't hold the B button to run.

Some of us are cowards, Ken. We're afraid. I avoid close ranged combat in most games 'cause I'm an absolute wuss.

Madventure

I was super excited for Mirage: Arcane Warfare, next game from Chivalry guys but..
IRW1run.png

http://steamcharts.com/app/368420#7d

KenOD

Also the trilogy of books collected as L.A. Noir already existed and holds copyright protection, where L.A. Noire does not.

KenOD

I played it back in 2011 and loved it. Worth it if you like crime mystery / thriller. One thing to note, I did not enjoy the driving part of the game. Such a waste of time. Good thing it is skippable.

Let the A.I. partner drive, and just treat it like any episode of a crime show where they explain the plot set-up while they drive and you just listen.

Thanks love!

BTW guys I live in a region where the game is blocked but being gifted it runs just fine.

Yup, it works. They're only blocking the store page, not the login IP.

Though I'm still downloading. Looking forward to explore the world with my wife soon.

hesho

Yeah, I was wondering about that recently. I vaguely recalled some hints that Grandia 1 was coming but it's been silent for a while. I found these SteamDB entries, which seem to suggest they might no longer be coming. Perhaps someone with a better understanding of SteamDB than me can make more sense of the most recent updates.

that's pretty sad i think... i was kinda willing to quad dip in Lunar SSS

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Awesome, EVERSPACE is out. Had no idea its early access was going to be that short.

It's a space roguelite, and I do love me some roguelites.

oh shit its that space shooter with amazing visuals. Fuck why is it so expensive? I know its not that expensive shut up.

I remember people posting gifs back when it came out on EA and I was pretty blown away, especially since I had just played (was playing?) Rebel Galaxy at the time and was in a space shooter mood.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
is there a reason it's la noire and not la noir

Cities are mostly feminine in French, so the correct gender on the compound noun (or the adjective if that's how you read the title -- it could be either) is feminine.

Of course it's weird here because "Los Angeles" is a Spanish name, and masculine in Spanish, although most city names are feminine in Spanish. French override the noun gender if the word is borrowed from a foreign language with gendered nouns.

Buraindo

Yes.

Just treat it like a linear game.

The open-world part is pretty empty.

Story is great. Kinda falls apart in the 3rd act, but it worth it up to that point.

The tech is incredible.

Really nails the time period and noir mood.

This, point for point.
It's very much like Mafia II in that regard. The open world feels more like a really elaborate way to get from mission to mission.

The problem is you don't want to be playing it doing close quarters attacks, because it'll end up overheating you which effectively puts you close to death, then necessitating a constant cover approach for regeneration.

Deques

ModBot said:
Instructions for Deques:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deques, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Warhammer End Times Vermintide Hat DLC -- MB-E24A35B77C77B752 - Taken by InquisitorAles

No idea why I even have a dlc for a game I don't own :)

Rhaknar

If Firewatch isnt in this month's humble monthly I will do nothing. But I'll be sad.

Cities are mostly feminine in French, so the correct gender on the compound noun (or the adjective if that's how you read the title -- it could be either) is feminine.

Of course it's weird here because "Los Angeles" is a Spanish name, and masculine in Spanish, although most city names are feminine in Spanish. French override the noun gender if the word is borrowed from a foreign language with gendered nouns.

It's not weird. It's the city of Los Angeles.
La ville de Los Angeles.
All cities are feminine if they are cities or "ville".

Kadin

Been a long time since I've been around the Steam thread. Was going through some of my old game codes I still had from some Humble Bundles. Good luck, some fun games here. Enjoy.

Oh and keep in mind I don't have Arkham Origins here, just the DLC.

edit: I tried my best to make sure these were all still active via my Humbe Bundle keys tab so let me know if something doesn't work properly.
edit2: Showing how long it's been, I forgot to set this up as a raffle. So congrats to those who see this post first! Sorry everyone else.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kadin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

t1cxE6r.gif
Duke Nukem Megaton Edition -- MB-C6A1710ACE0B77E4 - Taken by KainXVIII
Antichamber -- MB-4B7F8C064A973741 - Taken by data
Batman Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-ED0E8929A856D41A - Taken by boybrushdRED
Bioshock -- MB-91B6FA4339C99511 - Taken by oni-link
Bioshock 2 -- MB-CA31A3987ECE55C5 - Taken by Popstar
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-7E36000A6F45043E - Taken by pislit
Guacamelee -- MB-E5158CFF000CF085 - Taken by texhnolyze
Monaco -- MB-C3B858305989BB10 - Taken by bloke
Swapper -- MB-ABB771D41B4C2113 - Taken by fuzzy123
Tropico 3 -- MB-95F8C806ECABF6C3 - Taken by Ventilaator

Status