• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Speaking of JP after days of grinding I was finally able to mercy pull for Tifa & Aerith.

vCMgyNY.jpg

My last Seph Ex has almost max buffs. 7 power attack, 6 gen attack, 6 gen def down, and 6 power down. (When I use a friend Seph Ex, that one gets completely maxed out)

It's sad how much better my JP account is than my global account is... and I only have 20 days on my current JP account.

Going to grind more so I can pull for at least one key art air/bond/coming since it's cheaper to use than my current copy cat medal. (Figures cross I get air)

I really want the Dark Gnaw keyblade as well. So I need to start doing proud quests

Ever. It was in a graphic when they were advertising the new Union Cross update but the actual banner used in-game lacked the text and feature.
I guess they scrapped the idea? Wonder why they would do that.
Or maybe making for special events.

Speaking of JP after days of grinding I was finally able to mercy pull for Tifa & Aerith.

vCMgyNY.jpg

My last Seph Ex has almost max buffs. 7 power attack, 6 gen attack, 6 gen def down, and 6 power down. (When I use a friend Seph Ex, that one gets completely maxed out)

It's sad how much better my JP account is than my global account is... and I only have 20 days on my current JP account.

Going to grind more so I can pull for at least one key art air/bond/coming since it's cheaper to use than my current copy cat medal. (Figures cross I get air)

I really want the Dark Gnaw keyblade as well. So I need to start doing proud quests

I guess they scrapped the idea? Wonder why they would do that.
Or maybe making for special events.
Elbows nooooooooo. In about 2 days we were gonna get a new banner. You could have waited till we found out if the next medal is better and then decided to pull or not.

Elbows nooooooooo. In about 2 days we were gonna get a new banner. You could have waited till we found out if the next medal is better and then decided to pull or not.

Up until this morning. I thought Thursday morning was the day the banner ended... not Friday morning lol... it's why I was doing one pull a day and grinding so much.
I already had 4 pulls done since last night. So it wouldn't have really changed my mind since I woulda been so close to pulling.
I did a pull every time I got 3k. I was hoping to pull it before pull 5. lol :/
(The grind was so damn awful without 0 AP quests)

I probably would have saved my jewels if I knew a banner would appear on the same day as the last day for the current banner.

Here's hoping it's just a reprint/something not too good. lol.
I'd assume it's probably a magic/speed medal since both tier 6 medals so far have been power based.

And I'm currently using only my power medals because Seph Ex ruins everything.
Getting closer to top 5k for Coliseum.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Up to 42 consecutive tries at this Durandal RNG run. I don't know if the stars will align before the event ends, but I can hope.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm envious. Can't find a way to stay alive and score above 6.5 million. At least something went well for one of us after the horrific pulling results!

Yeah, it was pure luck.

Also, I am going to finish this months XIII event. It took me somewhere around 70 tries for paralyze monster, but the Iron Giant is easy mode. It's taking a LONG time, but my setup renders me unkillable for the time being. Unless he gets some attack boost 7 on his last few bars, ha.

Dodged a bullet. It's just Axel EX and Cloud EX. (That's so weird to say because they are still great medals, but I don't really need them. Axel would probably be okay to have though)

Although I do wanna pull kinda because once I can pull ikairi 2, my set up will pretty much be complete (because I can replace Pongo)

Namine HD would be cool to have too maybe.

Dodged a bullet. It's just Axel EX and Cloud EX. (That's so weird to say because they are still great medals, but I don't really need them. Axel would probably be okay to have though)

Although I do wanna pull kinda because once I can pull ikairi 2, my set up will pretty much be complete (because I can replace Pongo)

Namine HD would be cool to have too maybe.
Yup. You were right. I wish they had put up Sora EX. The only one I dont have.

Psxphile

Probably not even worth making note of it, but what the hey:

DAKDBtPUMAAq8LM.png:small

New banners to replace the HD Namine and Key Art #6 banners, which end tonight. Key Art #7 still has about 4 days to go. Holding onto my jewels until the final day jic they announce a better banner at the last minute, otherwise I'm blowing it on taking advantage of that discount I've already put work into (and hoping to guilt my Key Art #7 and maybe even get a boosted version).

Any advice on part 8?
The sleep crap is really getting to me. :/
Sure, man. You had the boosted Sephi so you already have what you need. Do this on either Olympia or TT. First medal has to be a GAU buffer. The best one you have. The second medal should be Sephi. You have to kill the Archers before they can put you to sleep. After that you have to survive the attack. Put on any PSM defense medals you have. If you've got Vexen B thatd be perfect. If you can put medals with Second Chance or DBs thatd be perfect too. For the friend medal choose another Sephi Ex. After the second turn it's easy. Just kill the remaining enemies. Use your PSM medals if necessary.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just going to leave this here... ;_;

That looks about par for the course.

So I was going to just run a few Union Cross missions to get a few more coins, right? Well my plan changed. I ran enough to hit 8.5k cross coins. There were two people in my group who are ranked top 100 in coliseum currently (one was 5th and the other was 70-something). The amount of damage they were doing was glorious.

Psxphile

Man, I can't even get Union Cross to load, it keeps crashing after I choose to begin a mission (without party). It's my first time taking part since the new banner, was working fine before.
Guess I'll try again tomorrow. :\

Just gonna go ahead and give up on Lexaeus XII and XIII, I just can't do 'em.

Skittles

Man, I can't even get Union Cross to load, it keeps crashing after I choose to begin a mission (without party). It's my first time taking part since the new banner, was working fine before.
Guess I'll try again tomorrow. :

Just gonna go ahead and give up on Lexaeus XII and XIII, I just can't do 'em.
12 i can understand, but 13 is absurdly easy because of pluto b(using a shared or your own) .

Psxphile

12 i can understand, but 13 is absurdly easy because of pluto b(using a shared or your own) .

Well, I wouldn't say easy. Just tedious and aggravating. Defense Boost III could just barely get me past the 2nd heartless' preemptive strike but even x4 Power Defense won't protect me from Iron Giant's 2-hit attack if DB3 doesn't proc on the first hit. Which was what always killed me.

But thanks for the pep talk, I decided to give it one final shot and brought my own Pluto B for insurance (x6 PDU) to the fight: it lasted a good 15-17 minutes (and beyond the event's expiration time) since my attack options were even more limited and I barely had enough SP to keep my defenses up but I was lucky enough that DB3 proc'ced (?) every time it was needed that I never found out if I could survive that hit with x6 PDU.

whew

c-murph

Guess I'm back to saving my jewels all over again. Anything game changing arriving eventually?

Not really digging the potato tsum tsum medals though. Unless these things are like ultimate game changing dealios.

Credo

I got 7.6m using a 21% friend medal. Haven't drawn one yet myself.

Yeah, I was using a friend's Key Art 7. The highest bonus I can get and still stay alive is 55%. I'm sitting at 6.6m right now and it bums me out I can't get up to 7 to get another shot at an Aladdin trait, but it's not happening.

Guess I'm back to saving my jewels all over again. Anything game changing arriving eventually?

Not really digging the potato tsum tsum medals though. Unless these things are like ultimate game changing dealios.

It might be a guarantee to pull 1 per pull. And with there only being 4 of them (unless they add the newer ones too..) you could guilt 1 for sure in 5 pulls total at the very least.
Assuming they are 3 dotted.

Azerare

Is anyone else having issues with the app lately? It keeps crashing upon launch. I got the s8+.

I already reinstalled the app once and it worked for a bit but the issue came back up.

Just want to play the game...

DNAbro

Quick question that I'm actually struggling to find a concrete answer to. How many missions are there currently in the English version of the game and how many in JP version? I recently got back into it and I'm around mission 520 in English.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Quick question that I'm actually struggling to find a concrete answer to. How many missions are there currently in the English version of the game and how many in JP version? I recently got back into it and I'm around mission 520 in English.

615 Normal, 200 Proud

Psxphile

Oh, I see. Moogle of Glory was the reason the app kept crashing in Union Cross. If I used any other keyblade there was no issue. Odd.

So my score of 8.04M in the high score challenge is apparently extremely low for a +86% multiplier.

What am I doing wrong? =/

EDIT: Just to note, I just got 7.84M with a +76% multiplier. Something is seriously wrong here.

EDIT2: I didn't even break 8M on a +86% run I just did...

EDIT3: I got so frustrated that I decided to pull on the KA7 banner... and got my first HD Namine (3-pipped, too!). Remember, kids, go gamble when you feel angry! I managed to squeeze my score into 8.15M using her, but I don't think that's enough to last me two more days.

Skittles

So my score of 8.04M in the high score challenge is apparently extremely low for a +86% multiplier.

What am I doing wrong? =/

EDIT: Just to note, I just got 7.84M with a +76% multiplier. Something is seriously wrong here.

EDIT2: I didn't even break 8M on a +86% run I just did...

EDIT3: I got so frustrated that I decided to pull on the KA7 banner... and got my first HD Namine (3-pipped, too!). Remember, kids, go gamble when you feel angry! I managed to squeeze my score into 8.15M using her, but I don't think that's enough to last me two more days.
Are you using something like xaldin b to do a huge amount of damage in one hit?

I'm using Illustrated HT Sora as my main damage dealer. It's able to bring down almost everything after some GDDs (leaves the Gummi Copter mob at 1 bar, but I just Nova that).
Getting overkills is what gives the highest scores. I'm not sure if it will make a difference in this particular case, but you may be able to squeeze out some more points by using the Nova before the big iHTSora hit.

Did some Coliseum and went from about 8500ish to 5700. Wonder if I can hold top 10k for another 10 days lol..
If needed I can throw attack boost 2 on HD Ursula. And if really need Attack Boost 3 on Male B.
I was originally going to put attack boost 3 & sp gauge 2 on Male B. But decided I'm going to wait for something better.

Global: tier 13 round, 76/300. Rank 5700.
JP: tier 14: 23/999. Rank 4606, and still going. (NO REGRETS for buying the avatar pack to slap a Attack Boost 4 & sp 2 MAX on my Seph Ex. Gonna get the Coliseum reward for another Attack Boost 4 for other Seph Ex. lol)

deanote666

New banner...

All epic medals. 1 guaranteed ill Cloud per pull + 5 magic mirrors...

Does this mean Fenrir is coming?

Solo/party lux event starts tomorrow.

Psxphile

DAZf_VvUAAAFp11.png:small

I had a feeling the next banner wasn't going to be interesting. Still trying to upsell mirrors, huh? Time to blow all my jewels on the discount banner before it disappears and hope I get another Key Art #7.

Psxphile

I'd still wait until tomorrow night before pulling on the ka7 banner. The new banner is a filler banner like the ventus one.

Yeah, you're right. Still got one more day on both that banner and the HSC (which is odd, they're normally supposed to end between Sunday and Monday, right?).
Though I'm not convinced they'll release another banner tomorrow night. In fact, I expect something better to drop on Memorial Day.

Yeah, you're right. Still got one more day on both that banner and the HSC (which is odd, they're normally supposed to end between Sunday and Monday, right?).
Though I'm not convinced they'll release another banner tomorrow night. In fact, I expect something better to drop on Memorial Day.

Why would something come up in Memorial Day? This is the Global version, not the American version.

When was the last time we got speed gems?

Far too long. I've been eagerly awaiting for just one more since I can finally max out Starlight to +35.

Not only is Starlight amazing, but the glowy effect will help me out in Union Cross because it basically screams "I'M IMPORTANT. KEEP ME ALIVE!" lol.

Psxphile

More proud quests coming tomorrow, meaning Fenrir is coming!

Oh and pirates of the caribbean avatar boards.

Yeah, booooi

DAoYr70XgAAwQLJ.png:small

KHUX JP
EDIT: Diamond Dust is the next Proud quest Keyblade over in JP:

DArqncAXoAEhaTx.png:small

what it looks like leveled to +28 (oh god all those reversed slots)

DAq_uZmWAAA9fiT.jpg:small

Also they just introduced HD Xion and it's literally a carbon copy of HD Namine except Reversed Power:

DArpay4XkAEZ0IU.png:small

Yeah, booooi

DAoYr70XgAAwQLJ.png:small

KHUX JP
EDIT: Diamond Dust is the next Proud quest Keyblade over in JP:

DArqncAXoAEhaTx.png:small

what it looks like leveled to +28 (oh god all those reversed slots)

DAq_uZmWAAA9fiT.jpg:small

Also they just introduced HD Xion and it's literally a carbon copy of HD Namine except Reversed Power:

DArpay4XkAEZ0IU.png:small

HD Xion is also a 5 pull Mercy(?)... damn it. Going to have to grind on the proud quests hard now. lol
She'll be perfect for when I get Dark Gnaw because I will have 3 tier 6 reversed power medals.
She'll be good to replace shock lock barrel as well, save me a lot of SP.

It sucks because I really wanted to pull from the falling price deal to get ikairi2 so I can put my second chance 2 on her... but they put ikairi 2 in banners pretty often don't they?

Sidenote. Why have all the tier 6 medals been for power? I mean it's great for me, but it's just odd they haven't done speed or magic yet.

deanote666

I got 1 HD Namine from the Namine banner and 3 HD Namine (2 in the same pull) from the KA7 banner... Got her at 150% now. Great way to cheat proud mode by still letting me use iKairi II when only single target medals are allowed and still get the 20k requirement for some quests. :p

Edit: All epic banner for 0.2 Aqua along with 3 other new medals. Doesn't look like we're getting a mercy pull? Guaranteed 2 non-pipped tier 4+ medals per pull.

New Proud+ quests got put up, too. Fortunately, no timer for these. Format is ~10 battles against a single enemy. They should all be doable for people who can keep their meters up.

Psxphile

Naturally, I'm obligated to post da graphx

DAt8jA0UMAYcybD.png:small

Shame I spent all my jewels on the discount banner. Ah, I probably wouldn't have pulled from this anyway. Is that Aqua medal even worth it?

Top Bottom