• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

Platy said:
This is the second fanart of human pony with jumping pinkie i saw today
http://i.imgur.com/9xlK8.jpg

Also .. i'm finding really strange the lack of human ponies in the style of Powerpuff Girls xD

Oh I like this one. Nicely done human pony. Classy.

Yeah the PP Girls pony attempt was spot on accurate.... and also kinda creepy.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
ChuckNoLuck said:
Is /co/ as terrible as /b/? I really don't know.
Basically /co/ has nothing that's going to make you fear life or the lives of others more than you already do. Mostly build upon fans and people of western animation, cartoons, and comics.

KtSlime

ChuckNoLuck said:

Nothing is as terrible as /b/ it is quite literally the cesspool of the Internet*.

*and I frequent usenet and 2chan.net's 二次元裏...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
DrForester said:
Except party of one shows she's not ridiculous and silly, but flat out insane. And not in the entertaining and silly Cesar Romero Joker way, but the Heath Ledger Joker way.

Here's a visual.

Pinky before Party of One.
2hn0v0k.jpg

Pinky after Party of One.
2eq6z4x.jpg

No, I think Pinkie Pie after Party of One is more like Jack Nicholson Joker. She hasn't gone THAT far yet.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
meltingparappa said:
Oh god, is it writer ranking time already?

PROBABLY, if it'll help keep the rule 34 away

God Tier
  • Meghan McCarthy (Dragonshy, Call of the Cutie, Green Isn't Your Color, Party of One)
  • M.A. Larson (Swarm of the Century, Sonic Rainboom, Cutie Mark Chronicles: Birth of Supervillain Pinkie)

Workhorse Tier
  • Lauren "Bauss" Faust (first two episodes, some of Ticket Master, maybe the finale)
  • Amy Keating Rogers (Ticket Master, Apple Buck Season, Bridle Gossip, Fall Weather Friends, Dog and Pony Show)

Tired Workhorse Tier
  • Chris Savion (Boast Busters, Stare Master, Bird in the Hoof)

Not bad by any stretch of the imagination but one horrible episode Tier
  • Cindy Morrow (Griffon the Brush Off, Winter Wrap Up, Show Stoppers, Owls Well That Ends Well)

Dropping the Goddamn Ball Tier
  • Dave Polsky (Feeling Pinkie Keen, Over a Barrel)

I mostly agree with this list, but I'm just going to defend Dave Polsky here. He has mishandled the moral in both of his episodes, but he comes up with some of the funniest moments in the series. Feeling Pinkie Keen is great slapstick comedy and Brayburn's introduction in Over a Barrel is still one of the best moments in the whole season.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ZealousD said:
No, I think Pinkie Pie after Party of One is more like Jack Nicholson Joker. She hasn't gone THAT far yet.

Except Nicholson was pretty much Romero with a more sinister plot. He wasn't really any more nuts or less silly. Example: They both trashed an art museum.

G-Fex

DrForester said:
Except Nicholson was pretty much Romero with a more sinister plot. He wasn't really any more nuts or silly. Example: They both trashed an art museum.

Actually Nicholson's Joker was pretty damn cruel. Just something unleashed when the evil gangster turned into the Joker.

I agree with Alex Ross as that is the best Joker origin.

ChuckNoLuck said:
I'm wondering what I posted that could be considered "smut" (whatever that is).

Like all 4chan boards, /co/ is really poorly moderated, but unlike some of them there are a large subset that demands otherwise. The end result is constant bitchfests about the rule 34 that's ostensibly banned there. You'll get scarred and then get a bunch of whining about the scarring material. Ponychan is infinitely superior IMHO.

We do have /co/ to thank for pretty much starting the pony phenomenon, though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Eh, I don't like changing characters in general. It irks me to see kemonomimi (humanized) art of Star Fox, Swat Kats, etc., it irks me here. It shows how little grasp the artist has over the characters.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ookami-kun said:
Eh, I don't like changing characters in general. It irks me to see kemonomimi (humanized) art of Star Fox, Swat Kats, etc., it irks me here. It shows how little grasp the artist has over the characters.

Neki

Your new avatar is even creepier than the last one man.

MAN.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Well, those were some boisterous last few pages. But I guess it was needed to get that out of our system. I'm glad we got through it without any obvious lines being crossed. Thank you all for your good sense and comprehension.

Ookami-kun said:
It shows how little grasp the artist has over the characters.
Can you elaborate? When done right, I think it proves exactly the contrary. That an artist can change the shape of the character while keeping it true to its nature, is proof that he is in touch with its essence.

Of course, this is assuming that it is not done with the obvious intent of sexualizing the characters.

I now briefly interrupt the scheduled discussion for the purpose of awesome:

That's it. Carry on.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
shouldnt it be the green dragon?

red dragon seemed like a swell guy who just didnt like being kicked in the face while he slept.
which is understandable.

NEO0MJ

Pandaman said:
shouldnt it be the green dragon?

red dragon seemed like a swell guy who just didnt like being kicked in the face while he slept.
which is understandable.

The same can be said about the Manticore. Fluttershy didn't even have to use the stare against him.

KtSlime

Myke Greywolf said:
I now briefly interrupt the scheduled discussion for the purpose of awesome:

That's it. Carry on.

Wow, this image is more epic than my Transformers Lunchbox I had in first grade.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Regulus Tera said:

Ultimoo said:
Your new avatar is even creepier than the last one man.

MAN.

It's for AMERICA FUCK YEA!

It's a temporary avatar

Myke Greywolf said:
Can you elaborate? When done right, I think it proves exactly the contrary. That an artist can change the shape of the character while keeping it true to its nature, is proof that he is in touch with its essence.

But usually it's just "hurr it's my interpretation of the character" or "derp humanized moe version with some little marks so it's that character!"

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Checked out the Party of One episode...

Pinkie Pie is insane. I love her straight hair look though.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
G-Fex said:
well what are we going to do without one of our reoccuring antagonists?

Yeah seriously. This show's gonna be super boring now. We can only rely on casual villains from Sports-GAF now.

G-Fex

ahoyhoy said:
Yeah seriously. This show's gonna be super boring now. We can only rely on casual villains from Sports-GAF now.

going to have to just pick one to fight with now.

I pick...................Pandaman

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
G-Fex you don't understand, all the 'trolling' ive done so far? that was me tying to be normal. that was me tying to fit in. Do you really want to see stuff that creeps even me out? Because your cupcakes and your transpecies transexual pony fanfiction is casual in my books.

i cant do this for you, i love ponies too much to destroy them. You must do this alone. ;_;

Odrion

Banned
Gee. It's going to suck when Hasbro gets mad at the writers for portraying one of their most popular toy figures as downright insane, fires the writers, and make it into a pure braindead children's cartoon. Making us all look like fools.

:|

Odrion said:
Gee. It's going to suck when Hasbro gets mad at the writers for portraying one of their most popular toy figures as downright insane, fires the writers, and make it into a pure braindead children's cartoon. Making us all look like fools.

:|
As long as the merchandise is selling, and no backlash from whiny parents, then the writers should be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom