• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feep

Banned
OMG Aero said:
After playing through the trial, this just became the second Xbox Indie game I've bought. I don't play a lot of Indie games but the production values and voice acting quality of this one really surprised me.
^^ Thank you!

I just had an idea.

PonyGAF should all rock the Belle Eve avatar tomorrow for the finale.

Or, I guess more appropriately, for the premier of S2. I figure it'd be easier to coordinate then, plus it makes more sense. And it'd serve as a gentle reminder that S2 is starting. Though I guess there's the potential for people to hate, but they already hate so <pinkiepiekanyeshrug.png>

Master Milk said:
I just had an idea.

Or, I guess more appropriately, for the premier of S2. I figure it'd be easier to coordinate then, plus it makes more sense. And it'd serve as a gentle reminder that S2 is starting. Though I guess there's the potential for people to hate, but they already hate so <pinkiepiekanyeshrug.png>
I actually really like this idea.

I can see some problems (some mods or members might see it as a mass troll attempt and we'll get a lot of backlash) but for a couple of days at least it would be nice to forget about the GAF politics and all that tedious crap, and just do something fun to end the season on.

I'm up for it if others are.

Mechanical Snowman said:

I can see some problems (some mods or members might see it as a mass troll attempt and we'll get a lot of backlash) but for a couple of days at least it would be nice to forget about the GAF politics and all that tedious crap, and just do something fun to end the season on.

I like this idea too, but is it worth risking the entire PonyGaf community for this?
Can we get a Mod's perspective on this?

Mechanical Snowman said:

I was thinking just for one day. Any longer than that would definitely cause problems. It should be fine for just a day though, but I guess asking some mods wouldn't hurt. It's not like we're trying to troll.

OMG Aero

Master Milk said:
I just had an idea.

This just gave me another idea, granted this one will take some restraint on people who watch the show on TV instead of waiting for a youtube upload or want to see it as soon as they can, but how about we all watch the finale together?
Synchtube is a site that lets up to 50 people watch the same youtube video and chat about it, while keeping the video in sync for all the viewers. If enough people are interested in this, I could make a room, add the new episode when it gets uploaded and we can all watch it at the same time.
Obviously the timing would be hard to get down since we don't know when the episode will be up, but from personal experience there is usually at least one version of it uploaded by 11pm GMT. We could set a rough time for about midnight GMT, I'll post a reminder in the thread in case people forget then we can all watch and chat about it together.
If people are actually interested in this, let me know and I'll sort it all out. For the past few weeks I've been around at that time searching for uploads of the episodes so it wouldn't be any extra effort for me.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:
This just gave me another idea, granted this one will take some restraint on people who watch the show on TV instead of waiting for a youtube upload or want to see it as soon as they can, but how about we all watch the finale together?
Synchtube is a site that lets up to 50 people watch the same youtube video and chat about it, while keeping the video in sync for all the viewers. If enough people are interested in this, I could make a room, add the new episode when it gets uploaded and we can all watch it at the same time.
Obviously the timing would be hard to get down since we don't know when the episode will be up, but from personal experience there is usually at least one version of it uploaded by 11pm GMT. We could set a rough time for about midnight GMT, I'll post a reminder in the thread in case people forget then we can all watch and chat about it together.
If people are actually interested in this, let me know and I'll sort it all out. For the past few weeks I've been around at that time searching for uploads of the episodes so it wouldn't be any extra effort for me.

I'd join but i will be watching tomorrow morning as it's the first time I've been able to watch an episode while it airs. Still count me in.

OMG Aero said:
how about we all watch the finale together?
Yes please! I have to wait for the YouTube uploads anyway so that's no problem for me. I love this idea!

According to your link with the times, I'm looking at 6:00pm where I live. It won't be a problem showing up but are uploads really available that quickly? I guess I never really searched for them until about 11:00pm my time though so maybe they are.

OMG Aero said:
Sign me up. This should be fun. I think you should PM everyone wanting to go, the password.
Edit: provided there is a way to password protect the room.

Firehead

OMG Aero said:

Sounds like a good idea! I'm down.

OMG Aero

Mechanical Snowman said:
I love that idea, too. I wouldn't mind watching it in YouTube quality if everyone from GAF was there.

Anyway to pass protect the room so no trolls get in?
I just signed up to have a look and yes you can password protect the room.

Confused101 said:
Yes please! I have to wait for the YouTube uploads anyway so that's no problem for me. I love this idea!

According to your link with the times, I'm looking at 6:00pm where I live. It won't be a problem showing up but are uploads really available that quickly? I guess I never really searched for them until about 11:00pm my time though so maybe they are.
Don't get me wrong, these aren't HD quality uploads, but they are good enough quality to watch. This is how I've been watching the episodes since I first started watching the show.

OMG Aero said:
Don't get me wrong, these aren't HD quality uploads, but they are good enough quality to watch. This is how I've been watching the episodes since I first started watching the show.
Sounds fine to me! Count me in!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
OMG Aero said:
I'll be there. It will be madness, I tell you.

Nishastra said:
This whole thing sounds vaguely insane, but I'm gonna keep making new avatars regardless, so I guess you can say I'll be available for that :p
"Vaguely", you say?

You have no idea.

Anyway, priority regarding the S2 OT OP fan content goes to the comic. The song and video are afterthoughts. But I would like to make them. A lot.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here have their DVR hooked up to their computer so they can stream an HD recording on something like Livestream?

Nishastra

Banned
Myke Greywolf said:
"Vaguely", you say?

You have no idea.
It's so insane that I can't comprehend its full scope, thus it appears vague to me! Or something :p

As for the streamy thing, I'll happily join in, but I'm still gonna watch the episode as soon as I get home :p

Nishastra

Banned
Confused101 said:
Where's your self control?! Blarg!!!
Who said I have any? :p

I suppooooose I could pooooossibly wait. There's no telling when exactly I'll be getting home, as well. I've been very lucky lately, getting out early on fridays.

Jintor

This thread with its love and affection makes me feel good inside

Well it's that or the alcohol

maybe it's that AND the alcohol. How about that? Sound acceptable?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Jintor said:
This thread with its love and affection makes me feel good inside

Well it's that or the alcohol

maybe it's that AND the alcohol. How about that? Sound acceptable?
Well, I'd prefer to think that Friendship is Magic, NOT C2H6O; But you know... whatever works for you is fine. ;)

My university class got cancelled so I thought I'd do something productive:

IYq4t.gif

Hopefully a graphics element that can be included in the Season 2 OT, with a little optimisation and improvement.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Mechanical Snowman said:

*awesomeness*

Hopefully a graphics element that can be included in the Season 2 OT, with a little optimisation and improvement.
Excellent work, we'll be sure to use it. :)

Mechanical Snowman said:

.gif

YOU ARE A GOD!

OMG Aero

Since so many people wanted to watch, I'm definitely going to synchtube tomorrow's episode now. I've made a note of everyone so far who wants to watch so I can PM them the room's password, if anyone else wants to watch the finale tomorrow with everyone else say so in this thread and I'll add you to the list. I'll post with more details tomorrow but the important thing is that (Providing the episode is up) I'll open the room at midnight GMT and there'll be 15 minutes of other pony videos to make sure everything works and so no-one misses the start.

Mechanical Snowman said:

http://i.imgur.com/IYq4t.gif

That looks really cool! Did you make a version with the GAF logo colours to see how that looked?

Ikael

Talents needed:
- Designers for banners, headers and wallpapers
- Writers
- Link/content gatherers
- Avatar creators (I'm looking at you, Foxix and Nishastra)
- Comic artists (I can do this too, but I could use help)
- MIDI arrangers or musicians
- Animators (nothing too complex)
- Video editors

Writter here! English is not my first language, thought, but I would be glad to contribute however I can. But wow, I have never written the script for a musical, of all things o_O comics and novels, yes, but well, there's always a first time for everything I guess.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Ikael said:
Writter here! English is not my first language, thought, but I would be glad to contribute however I can. But wow, I have never written the script for a musical, of all things o_O comics and novels, yes, but well, there's always a first time for everything I guess.
It's not just for the lyrics, it's also for all the text sections on the OP. I think it would be great if Pony-GAF could write it as a group.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I would synch up, but it looks like I'll be out for the night.
I'll be here for the live showing though.

Edit: I'd be down with some helping for the next thread.

Thanks guys.

OMG Aero said:
That looks really cool! Did you make a version with the GAF logo colours to see how that looked?
I didn't, but now I'm curious. I'll play around with the colours later.

OMG Aero said:
Since so many people wanted to watch, I'm definitely going to synchtube tomorrow's episode now. I've made a note of everyone so far who wants to watch so I can PM them the room's password, if anyone else wants to watch the finale tomorrow with everyone else say so in this thread and I'll add you to the list. I'll post with more details tomorrow but the important thing is that (Providing the episode is up) I'll open the room at midnight GMT and there'll be 15 minutes of other pony videos to make sure everything works and so no-one misses the start.
Put me down for this, it's gonna be awesome.

I guess we're really counting on that YouTube upload.

Chuck

Still without luck
Myke Greywolf said:
OK, so here's my plan.

Talents needed:
- Designers for banners, headers and wallpapers
- Writers
- Link/content gatherers
- Avatar creators (I'm looking at you, Foxix and Nishastra)
- Comic artists (I can do this too, but I could use help)
- MIDI arrangers or musicians
- Animators (nothing too complex)
- Video editors
I'm a good writer but that's pretty much all I can do of the talents above. I'd be glad to be part of the creative side of making the OT too.

McNum

So that means PonyGAF season finale livestream at 1:00 AM local time for me... Sure, why not? I won't be sleeping by then tomorrow anyway. And yeah, I'd be up for Winter Wrap Up if the new episode isn't up by then. I almost got that song out of my head, need to fix that.

Chuck

Still without luck
OMG Aero said:

I would also be down for this, but couldn't somepony just livestream the show as it first plays on The Hub?

Now, I don't know how all this video streaming stuff works, but it seems like sonepony could hook up their cable box to their computer and use a Justin.TV account to play it there in HD? That way we could just chat in there and Justin has a password system that would keep all of the nonponies out. I don't think Hasbro would care given their lack of enforcement on YouTube.

2th

Banned
DrForester said:
I'd join but i will be watching tomorrow morning as it's the first time I've been able to watch an episode while it airs. Still count me in.

same here... i will probably DVR the episode and watch it a second time through immediately after constantly rewinding stuff but i still would be down for a discussion.

If you guys really REALLY need animators.

I can help.

I have Toonboom with a highend computer.

Though I'm not THAT good.

Here's a very short example of my talents.

I also write a tiny bit. But I'd say that's more so of a competency than a talent.

Nishastra

Banned
ChuckNoLuck said:
I would also be down for this, but couldn't somepony just livestream the show as it first plays on The Hub?
It's not impossible, but I for one don't have a capture card or any other way to get anything from my DVR to my computer aside from actually filming the TV with my phone, which is... yeah :p

Nishastra

Banned
Confused101 said:
All this Pony Day talk has got my mind thinking it's Friday already.
Today is pretty pointless for me, so I feel like it is anyway.

I wish I could just go home. I've got a great idea for a new avatar I want to make :p

Alas, I'll be here for another seven hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom