• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
Mechanical Snowman said:
Difference is, the wrath of gamers can be far more fierce than that of film nerds and whoever else makes up the OT. :D

1QwAa.png

Bring 'em.

Articalys said:
There is one thing I wonder in the aftermath of all this.
If the same standards of writing, animation, characterization, voice acting, music, etc. had all been applied to a different brand-new cartoon, aimed at the same audience, but without the whole pony thing, would it have been anywhere near as internet-successful?

Im pretty sure not, or at least not as BIG as this is. Why? I can say that most of us always though of this show (the original and subsequently until G3) as nothing but a joke, a show just made to sell toys and nothing else. That's the bigger surprise ever, when i actually watched one episode i was "WTF? My Little Pony CAN NOT BE GOOD!! Why FiM is GOOD?? MLP is not allowed to BE GOOD!!!!!!! And here we are, one season down and waiting impaciently for the next.

DrForester said:
Before she was ever involved in the show, she was a fangirl. And she's very smart and likes Rainbow Dash best.

I knew it. Rainbow Dash = Marie Sue

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
G-Fex said:
I love how they applaud in MLP by clopping their hoofs on the ground.

But...but that means Twilight is a spy!

UlJRV.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Overall, gaming side has been pretty tolerant when not blasted with slashfic pony pictures. I've dropped normal pony pictures without problem.

And this picture really can go with anything.
MLPShock.jpg

And there were no negative reactions when I said my E3 .gifs would be MLP based. Though I might not use MLP. Depends on the subject i go with, because I won't make a .gif that people would have to have seen MLP for for the E3 .gifs . I want it to be funny to everyone.

KtSlime

Pankaks said:

http://i.imgur.com/UlJRV.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Dude, we've know this from the beginning. Twilight was sent on a mission by Celestia to integrate into, and report her fidings of, the Earth Pony village of Ponyville which is at the extreme end of Equestria.

Foxix Von

ThreeSix said:
Where and what time?

I dunno! Haha I just remember some folk talking about it a couple pages back, the idea quickly got sidetracked by Duckroll's news from the bossman.

I think the poster said he would post up a reminder later though! I don't really remember who's heading it though, like I said I sort of just skimmed through the 1k posts I was behind on.

G-Fex

DrForester said:
Overall, gaming side has been pretty tolerant when not blasted with slashfic pony pictures. I've dropped normal pony pictures without problem.

And this picture really can go with anything.
MLPShock.jpg

And there were no negative reactions when I said my E3 .gifs would be MLP based. Though I might not use MLP. Depends on the subject i go with, because I won't make a .gif that people would have to have seen MLP for for the E3 .gifs . I want it to be funny to everyone.

I sadly get a feeling that sometime soon people will get sick of my yu-gi-oh! pics.

Plus the second best part of your comic forester is Pinkie Pie biting the apple

Hey guys, so I finally decided to join PonyGaf and need a new avatar. Does anypony know if this is taken? If not would anypony be able to help me crop it?

DGWvy.png

razgriz417 said:
Hey guys, so I finally decided to join PonyGaf and need a new avatar. Does anypony know if this is taken? If not would anypony be able to help me crop it?

DGWvy.png

I'm gonna plaaaaaaaaaaaaaay with the baby!
Hi baby!

Just saw that spain will get the dubbed version in June, going to see also that to see how the voice actors are going to do it.

Also, even with all the internet fandom, what are the ratings of the show?, I hope good to see more seasons if they are as good.

OMG Aero

DrForester said:
The current series is a sequel. Most of Pony-History can be found in Suited for Success. Namely, they are on Earth as the constellations are the same. Rarity also mentions a tank, implying there has been Pony War. Ponies clearly overthrew the humans, that's why so many things exists that clearly weren't designed for pony use, but the former humans.
b5cPV.jpg

YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! OH, DAMN YOU! GODDAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

Foxix said:
I dunno! Haha I just remember some folk talking about it a couple pages back, the idea quickly got sidetracked by Duckroll's news from the bossman.

I think the poster said he would post up a reminder later though! I don't really remember who's heading it though, like I said I sort of just skimmed through the 1k posts I was behind on.
That'd be me. I'm gonna post about it later with all the details but all you need to know right now is that it is going down at midnight GMT and if you are interested post here or PM me so I know who to PM the password to.

Steamlord

I've been so busy lately I only just got around to watching last week's episode. It's definitely one of my favorites, and it might be my favorite Pinkie Pie episode.

Oh, and that party music is nearly as good as that of Castle Crashers.

Articalys

Dai101 said:
Im pretty sure not, or at least not as BIG as this is. Why? I can say that most of us always though of this show (the original and subsequently until G3) as nothing but a joke, a show just made to sell toys and nothing else. That's the bigger surprise ever, when i actually watched one episode i was "WTF? My Little Pony CAN NOT BE GOOD!! Why FiM is GOOD?? MLP is not allowed to BE GOOD!!!!!!! And here we are, one season down and waiting impaciently for the next.
Huh, I wasn't even aware that there had been a pre-existing franchise awareness on GAF in the first place. I guess I can see how a generally good show in the face of dismal expectations could provoke an attachment, it's just... creating a strong fanbase is one thing, but the level of dedication/obsession this reaches sometimes boggles the mind. It's nowhere near Touhou levels or anything, but it's probably the biggest fanwork generator I've seen to come from western media.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:
That'd be me. I'm gonna post about it later with all the details but all you need to know right now is that it is going down at midnight GMT and if you are interested post here or PM me so I know who to PM the password to.
And since GAF has serious problems with time....

12 GMT =

8pm EDT
7pm CDT
6pm MDT
5pm PDT

Least I hope that's right, or I'm going to look very foalish.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Just saw that spain will get the dubbed version in June, going to see also that to see how the voice actors are going to do it.

Also, even with all the internet fandom, what are the ratings of the show?, I hope good to see more seasons if they are as good.

I think good (for HUB anyway) since the series is already getting a third season.

UberTag

DrForester said:
And since GAF has serious problems with time....

12 GMT =

8pm EST
7pm CST
6pm MST
5pm PST

Least I hope that's right, or I'm going to look very foalish.
Is ignoring daylight savings time foalish? (Conversion rates are correct; acronym designation is not.)

Foxix Von

razgriz417 said:

DGWvym.png

No, it's not taken. Did you want just Pinkie cropped or did you want both of them squeezed in there? Were you looking for transparency?

Darte

SpacePirate Ridley said:
What? series finale tomorrow? How may episodes are in season 1. I need to cath up, to the max :lol

Take your time and enjoy it, theres a 4-6 month period with no new episodes before season 2 airs :<

Foxix said:
No, it's not taken. Did you want just Pinkie cropped or did you want both of them squeezed in there? Were you looking for transparency?

I was hoping to squeeze em both if possible and maybe transparency if its not too much trouble?

KtSlime

Darte said:
Take your time and enjoy it, theres a 4-6 month period with no new episodes before season 2 airs :<

But that also doesn't mean you(SpacePirate Ridley) shouldn't watch tomorrow's episode with us. The show is sufficiently episodic that since you are already on Episode 9 you understand most all of the mechanics/much of the culture.

OMG Aero

UberTag said:
Is ignoring daylight savings time foalish? (Conversion rates are correct; acronym designation is not.)
Yeah it's probably worth mentioning that when I say GMT I actually mean UK time. During the summer, the UK changes from GMT to BST which is one hour ahead of BST. I always say GMT mainly because of force of habit, and also because everyone I know here equates GMT to being "What time it is in London right now".
But every time I have mentioned the time I also linked to this page which should have the correct times for everyone without anyone having to do conversions.

Can you tell I hate time zones?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
OMG Aero said:
Definitely interested. Hopefully my office won't keep me late like they tend to do.

akira28

DrForester said:
The current series is a sequel. Most of Pony-History can be found in Suited for Success. Namely, they are on Earth as the constellations are the same. Rarity also mentions a tank, implying there has been Pony War. Ponies clearly overthrew the humans, that's why so many things exists that clearly weren't designed for pony use, but the former humans.

Our beautiful and glorious queen said we must never speak of the times..you know...before...

lwTcN.gif

When they said that ponies were taking over, some laughed. Others were a little more agreeable, and...proactive in the name of self preservation.
Bad things man. Baaad things...

ivedoneyourmom said:
But that also doesn't mean you(SpacePirate Ridley) shouldn't watch tomorrow's episode with us. The show is sufficiently episodic that since you are already on Episode 9 you understand most all of the mechanics/much of the culture.

So its not really a season "finale" then. I mean, theres not like a final ark with an epic little story like in the first 2 episodes.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
You horrible, horrible people. I turn around for 2 hours to watch some Adventure Time, and you make 150 posts. How am I supposed to keep up?

ivedoneyourmom said:
Well, I know in Lost whenever something couldn't be explained the answer was magnets. I find it comforting to know that AJ has magnetic horseshoes.
:O
What if they ALL have magic magnetic (magicnetic?) horseshoes?

"Fucking horseshoes, how do they work?"
"It's magic, I don't have to explain shit!"

It all makes sense now!

Pankaks said:
Nah, she's just one of them Canterlot city slickers. Real, red-blooded countryside ponies do it as it should be done.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
I hope it arrives here in Portugal that soon too. Oh, and welcome, by the way! :)

SpacePirate Ridley said:
A layout artist for the show who answered some questions on 4chan said that, although the Hub never gave any numbers, they told the production team that the show was one of the top rated ones on the channel, tied with Pound Puppies.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
So its not really a season "finale" then. I mean, theres not like a final ark with an epic little story like in the first 2 episodes.
Well, it is an arc if you consider that the Grand Galloping Gala has been the theme for 2 episodes throughout the season, plus the one that we're going to watch tomorrow. :)

OMG Aero

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Unless there is a sudden shift for this episode, none of the episodes aside from the first two are connected directly to each. There is a sense that there is an order to the episodes (Some episodes will have little callbacks to other ones and the finale is about the Grand Galloping Gala which was first mentioned in episode 3 and has been referenced as having not happened yet in episode 14) but if the next episode is the same as the rest of the series then you won't miss anything except maybe a small reference or two by watching it out of order.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
AceBandage said:
Speaking of which, is Pound Puppies also a new version, or is it the one from ages ago?
It is also a remake. It's supposedly not very good, but the second season is going to be made by the same studio as MLP:FiM, and that has piqued my interest slightly.

Myke Greywolf said:
It is also a remake. It's supposedly not very good, but the second season is going to be made by the same studio as MLP:FiM, and that has piqued my interest slightly.

I kind of wish I got HUB... if only for Batman Forever reruns.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Foxix said:
Now with stars
j6zU3.png
atmND.png

Edit woops haha looks like I was beaten!

Double edit: I missed making these <3

Man these stars are a pain in the butt to render. I don't think I've ever used the history brush so much. (I love making avatars too <3)

Without stars
ROgEq.png

With stars
rDWj4.png

Foxix Von

Pankaks said:
Man these stars are a pain in the butt to render. I don't think I've ever used the history brush so much. (I love making avatars too <3)

Without stars
ROgEq.png

With stars
rDWj4.png

Really? All I did was hit the magic wand doo hicky, crank it way up and start clicking. Churned them out really quick, since they have such bright colors it almost never screws up when auto selecting them.

UberTag

Foxix said:
Really? All I did was hit the magic wand doo hicky, crank it way up and start clicking. Churned them out really quick, since they have such bright colors it almost never screws up when auto selecting them.
You're using PhotoShop for avatar modification, correct?
(Or something similar i.e. CorelDraw, etc.)

Foxix Von

UberTag said:
You're using PhotoShop for avatar modification, correct?
(Or something similar i.e. CorelDraw, etc.)

Well a very, very old copy of PS 7 haha, I'm surprised the old girl can still run the thing.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
DrForester said:
Screw Batman Forever reruns. Hub Airs BATMAN reruns.

REAL BATMAN
Oh man, I didn't know! I know what I"m watching tonight.
Foxix said:
Also this. And while we are all showing off here I got my own late submission.

p39WZ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom