• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Extended CG Launch Trailer - Take Back Earth [Up: Trailer Released]

Yeah it wasn't bad, never really been a fan of these CGI trailer things. I have always found they are a reminder of just how far we have to go before we get decent visuals in games (not a dig at ME 3 just games in general).

I have to admit I did enjoy the brief shot of the Normandy though and did shudder in terror a bit when we saw the Hammerhead tank (oh what fond memories I have of that "tank").

Makoto

lol. I like how they whisper at the end that it's better for Kinect. "Pssst, please don't laugh, but we feel you might have a better experience with the Kinect."

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ashley looking fugly as usual. Also why her instead of Kaiden. Kaiden may be whiney but at least he's a better character than her. :(

Also why her instead of Kaiden.

If I was to speculate I would suggest it is a case of "boobs sell, manboobs don't". Alternatively it could be they used Ashley to balance out Shepard's "maleness".

Oh yeah and there are hints over at Bioware Cesspit that there is a longer version of the trailer and it is being uploaded to Bioware's youtube channel.

GSR

When you say launch trailer, you mean right at launch day? Not a few days before?

It was a day or two before, I think. I know GameSpot put their copy up early, so EA had to out it early, but I don't remember the exact timeline.

hteng

Banned
i don't follow the mass effect games but judging from the trailer, the story becomes some sort of alien invasion instead of space travel and exploration?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
i don't follow the mass effect games but judging from the trailer, the story becomes some sort of alien invasion instead of space travel and exploration?

Well, there is still space travel... cant say much about exploration, but i doubt its anything like ME1. Its like Bioware never want to go back to the Mako.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

This is just the beginning. Basically you have to go around trying to get the rest of the galaxy ready after Earth gets its ass kicked. It's still about the whole galaxy but the marketing is really focusing on the Earth invasion.

smr00

Banned
Amazing trailer! can't wait to see the extended trailer.

Still don't like the bullshit "better on kinect" they are pushing, i played a demo at an event with the kinect voice features and it didn't make it better at all but that's just my opinion.

d1rtn4p

When Shepard stepped off the ship, my fiancé was like "damn, he looks constipated" :) Anyway, terrible, confusing trailer. The whole Shepard epic lunge at that beast almost made me pass out from trite overload. And that whole arm blade thing; seriously could of been a trailer for a Halo spinoff.

Bowdz

God, what is the fucking point? These painfully drawn out PR roadmaps never cease to irritate me. Your extra 30 seconds of space zombies are really not that important.

This x 1000. Color unimpressed by this CG cutscene, the SWTOR CG cutscenes, and any other CG cutscene for the past few years. CG was impressive back in the early 2000s, but I would rather see gameplay at this point.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I enjoyed it, simple, maybe too much so, but flashy and all exciting like a trailer should be. Makes me wish this was how they were going to do the ME movie, but instead theyll go live action and fuck things up with weird casting and jarring clashes between the real human actors and the CGI/makeuped aliens.

The way things are these days with action movies and sci-fi flicks they might as well just make them all CGI, would be nice to have something other than a kids movies and super low buget straight to DVDs use the medium. Spirits Within want that bad.

Patryn

God, what is the fucking point? These painfully drawn out PR roadmaps never cease to irritate me. Your extra 30 seconds of space zombies are really not that important.

It's an attempt to keep people talking about ME3. They figure the longer they talk about it, the more likely they'll influence friends who aren't in ME to pick it up and give it a try.

It also means that it gets multiple news stories as each trailer comes out.

It's an attempt to keep people talking about ME3. They figure the longer they talk about it, the more likely they'll influence friends who aren't in ME to pick it up and give it a try.

It also means that it gets multiple news stories as each trailer comes out.

I know, I know, it just pisses me off when a new PR drop is 90% stuff we've already seen.

I guess I just need to get better at ignoring pre-release coverage of games I'm interested in.

smr00

Banned
The amount of hate is amusing to me.

Then again Gaf has been spouting unjustified hate for awhile now, guess a CG trailer was just more fuel for the fire /rollseyes

Can't please everyone.

Top Bottom