• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New drunk. Thread. Hahahah fuuuuuuu.

buying a bottle of champagne to drink yourself is fun, but i always find by the time i'm solo finishing moet it tastes way too sweet. dom goes down smoother, but perrier jouet is the best for that imo.

Any white or sparkling is generally too sweet for me. I tend to only drink white when eating Asian out with friends and I know I am going to drink beer afterwards.

My favourite champagne is tattinger, that's the least sweet one I've had too.

Champagne is wine. The idea that champagne is only for celebration is kinda a non starter for me. Wherever you drink wine, you can drink sparkling wine.

I champagne is wine, however champagne is at least $40 a bottle and a good cheap white or red will cost you less than $20. I know people, mainly women, who only ever drink champagne and other sparkling whites. I mean you could buy a $20 sparkling white or prosseco or something like that if you wanted to drink a cheaper bubbly but a $20 red is miles better than a $20 sparkling where I am from.

somebody coming in here trying to check minus_me on his champagne game huh

huh

okay

I aren't trying to check anyone. Feel free to drink whatever you want, I hate people telling me what to drink too.

But from where I am from, in south Australia, where they make some of the most highly rated reds in the world, you can buy two or three awesome bottles of Shiraz or cab sav for the same price as one decent bottle of champagne.

It's a no brainer for me.

The reason why champagne is commonly used as a celebratory drink is because it was the expensive stuff in France, so only used by the wealthy and for special occasions. It's a symbolic thing these days, you drink champagne when you celebrate something is a tradition.

If I want to get drunk on bubbly white, it's definitely not champagne but some local crap I mix with orange juice or make kirs with. And even then, I haven't really done that since I was a kid.

Edit: I forgot to add, I won't be drinking this bottle of champagne after all. My brother and his wife had a baby today and when I just went in to see her she was talking about how the doctors and nurses were talking about Friday night drinks during the delivery (this is in an Australian private hospital) and what they were going to drink. My sister in law said how much she had missed alcohol and so I am going to give her the bottle of Moët tomorrow as a gift.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I've been informed I was marching around the house wearing nothing but a towel cape shouting "can't you just let me be?!??"

Minus_Me

I aren't trying to check anyone. Feel free to drink whatever you want, I hate people telling me what to drink too.

Telling you what to drink wasn't my intention, if it came across like that, i owe you an apology.

IDK might be my privilege of growing up with champagne being used as a table wine many nights at home.

lawnchair

Banned
the other night my girlfriend baked up a frozen pizza while i was watching murder she wrote or some shit

i saw her with half the pizza on her plate and i was like "huh, she must be hungry"

an hour later i awake from my haze and try to find the other half of the pizza to eat, and it turns out she had eaten that too

what the fuck

Theecliff

Banned
3 house parties in a week, at my third, end of first term of second year of uni

no ones turned up, there's only 15 of us drinking in a circle

we're just doing drinking games and i've had so much already, my stomach hasn't felt like this since freshers

maybe more people will turn up soon

Theecliff

Banned
house party

15 people sounds pretty good buddy
the thing is i've turned up to house parties with 100+ people this week, but the one i'm at tonight hardly anyone has turned up and it's my flatmates from first year

are we that unpopular? :(

it's still fun as fuck tho, playing ring of fire between us

my gf is talking to my flatmate from last year in indian* i am too gone

*hindi

too white

FALLOUT BOY FUCK ME JESUS CHRIST

Minus_Me

I was drinking at lunch and at the office today honestly. The wine was a come down. Making some Old fashioneds with some Canadian Club, not a bad mix.

lawnchair

Banned
I was drinking at lunch and at the office today honestly. The wine was a come down. Making some Old fashioneds with some Canadian Club, not a bad mix.

in the best immediate future people like you will have ropes around their necks tied to trees

enjoy it while you can baby, yolo

Get'sMad

hung out at a friends bonfire tonight for a bit and now I'm back home sipping some Sierras...pretty chill Friday night.

and oh my god that season finale of nathan for you was just incredible.

Wool

hung out at a friends bonfire tonight for a bit and now I'm back home sipping some Sierras...pretty chill Friday night.

and oh my god that season finale of nathan for you was just incredible.

You're already all caught up? The episode where the craigslist guy ages the kids to see what they'll look like as adults was the GOAT

Went to a buddies house to chill tonight and ended up doing a power hour. Got one of those youtube playlists going and poured out actual shots of beer every minute. I haven't done that in awhile. Gotta wake up in 5 hours for work.

Get'sMad

You're already all caught up? The episode where the craigslist guy ages the kids to see what they'll look like as adults was the GOAT

Went to a buddies house to chill tonight and ended up doing a power hour. Got one of those youtube playlists going and poured out actual shots of beer every minute. I haven't done that in awhile. Gotta wake up in 5 hours for work.

yeah I caught up in no time because the seasons/eps are so dang short. classic stuff tho! dude is a legend.

now kinda drunk responding to some tinder messages I got today and channeling my inner Nathan

My body finally gave out on me. Even my buddy got sick the same day. Taking the weekend off, cancelled our Xmas party, date with older woman friday, date with younger woman saturday...

fuck getting sick... but I guess thats what happens when your diet the last two months has been junior highschool lunch and beer/alcohol/bar food. Time for a fruits and veggies day... somewhere in between this shit.

Top Bottom