• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Photos that give you the chills?

jerry113

Banned
What's a photo that gives you the chills?

Here's one. It's the photo of a car crashed into the side of a remote Vermont barn. The car belonged to Brianna Maitland, a 17 year old who went missing in 2004. Police found her car here but Ms. Maitland herself was never found and her case remains unsolved to this day. The car's headlights were still on, light beaming into the darkness, when people came across it.

g7EMioy.jpg

Brianna Maitland's missing persons case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Brianna_Maitland

What's your chilly photo?

Betty

Banned
Girl 3rd from the top right is supposedly dead in the picture, they propped her up for the photo.

It's probably fake but still creepy

DunrobinSS1924.jpg

Someone is going to post that picture of the woman in the black dress taken moments before her murder because apparently creepy=true crime murders to some people.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
fire.png

two men embrace each other prior to jumping to their death due to a fire in the windmill they were working on

depths20XX

On a serious note, the Chernobyl elephant's foot

I tried to find info on this photo but the most I could find is that "it's more safe now than it used to be". So I'm assuming it's a more recent photo compared to the 1986 meltdown, but I still wouldn't get that close to that shit.

Ecotic

elisalam04.jpg

Elisa Lam strange elevator footage before her body was found in the water tower.

How timely, Elisa Lam's case is actually going to be featured in a mini-series, Horror at Cecil Hotel, on Investigation Discovery channel. It will air Monday at 10 p.m. This channel makes some good stuff, so hopefully they have some new insights.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Googling says only one jumped, both died. Still chilling.
oh yeah if i remember right one tried to get past the flames and didnt make it. this actually makes it more terrible to me :(

KayMote

Let's try something outside the usual death and murder stuff:
4n8tubd7.jpg

This is a shot of the Pyramids of Giza taken from the upper city of Cairo - a perspective that I have rarely seen in photographs and for me it looks quite eerie, lovecraftian and almost extraterrestrial.

wandering

Banned
Holy shit, even in protective gear that close for a human doesn't seem particularly safe.

When was that photo taken? The photographer seems awfully close to it considering it's seemingly still radioactive enough to fuck with the photo.

I tried to find info on this photo but the most I could find is that "it's more safe now than it used to be". So I'm assuming it's a more recent photo compared to the 1986 meltdown, but I still wouldn't get that close to that shit.

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure when it was taken and by whom, but from what limited info I've seen it was perhaps taken by Artur Korneyev, who surprisingly is still alive and seemingly in decent health, despite having been exposed to more radiation than any other human in history.

Aizo

Banned
elisalam04.jpg

Elisa Lam strange elevator footage before her body was found in the water tower.
Weirdly similar to a Japanese horror film I’ve seen...
Creepy.

I came into this thread expecting goosebumps, but I just feel very uncomfortable. Time to leave, I think. I don’t really want to see pictures of people right before they are murdered. Jeez.

depths20XX

Someone is going to post that picture of the woman in the black dress taken moments before her murder because apparently creepy=true crime murders to some people.

Most chilling photos are going to be related to real life events. Otherwise, they will be debunked as fake. Fake "ghost" photos are not nearly as scary as reality.

The topic of the thread is "photos that give you the chills".

NoRéN

Weirdly similar to a Japanese horror film I’ve seen...
Creepy.

I came into this thread expecting goosebumps, but I just feel very uncomfortable. Time to leave, I think. I don’t really want to see pictures of people right before they are murdered. Jeez.
The problem is that all of these threads turn into a bunch of edgelords trying to outdo each other.

depths20XX

NoRéN;252692778 said:
The problem is that all of these threads turn into a bunch of edgelords trying to outdo each other.

How has anyone in this thread been an "edgelord" by adhering to the topic? No one is posting vids of Bud Dwyer or ISIS executions.

elfinke

4n8tubd7.jpg

This is a shot of the Pyramids of Giza taken from the upper city of Cairo - a perspective that I have rarely seen in photographs and for me it looks quite eerie, lovecraftian and almost extraterrestrial.

All the other stuff is cliche at this point... But this is fucking fantastic. Almost like a composite image.

4n8tubd7.jpg

Another like this from China.

ldlk3hl28lqz.jpg

Top Bottom