• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EARWOLF |OT| Podcasts for Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Ugh, James Adomian is so hit and miss. Listened to the latest CBB and I couldn't stand the fact that the character he did immediately descended to talking about blowjobs and that was it, no more development just the same joke over and over. It seems to be his schtick on almost every appearance now. He semi-redeemed himself with the Russell Crowe at least, I got the impression Scott told him to bail on the other character during the break.

Vert boil

Ugh, James Adomian is so hit and miss. Listened to the latest CBB and I couldn't stand the fact that the character he did immediately descended to talking about blowjobs and that was it, no more development just the same joke over and over. It seems to be his schtick on almost every appearance now. He semi-redeemed himself with the Russell Crowe at least, I got the impression Scott told him to bail on the other character during the break.

Adomian could be grotty all day long and I'd be in heaven.

I'd actually say that George Zimmer was a late addition since the Choctaw initially started to announce Crowe but was passed a note by James.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Adomian could be grotty all day long and I'd be in heaven.

I'd actually say that George Zimmer was a late addition since the Choctaw initially started to announce Crowe but was passed a note by James.
Ah yeah, that's true. I still feel like it just dominates the flow of things in such a way that there's just nowhere for the conversation to go, it's annoying. I guess Scott doesn't really care though as he's obviously happy for Adomian to keep going to that well.

Vert boil

Ah yeah, that's true. I still feel like it just dominates the flow of things in such a way that there's just nowhere for the conversation to go, it's annoying. I guess Scott doesn't really care though as he's obviously happy for Adomian to keep going to that well.

Yep, I can see how it would be annoying at times if you don't enjoy basking in the gutter. For a live show like the SXSW one I don't see it being a problem since if you are paying to see a live show, you want a big character to show up instead of listening to/being bored by Jonah Ray. For an in-studio episode it could ultimately be more of a problem.

I'd guess Shock Jockerman has a hand in it. He originally brought up the suicidal aspect for Andy, then continued to push it for his other characters.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yep, I can see how it would be annoying at times if you don't enjoy basking in the gutter. For a live show like the SXSW one I don't see it being a problem since if you are paying to see a live show, you want a big character to show up instead of listening to/being bored by Jonah Ray. For an in-studio episode it could ultimately be more of a problem.

I'd guess Shock Jockerman has a hand in it. He originally brought up the suicidal aspect for Andy, then continued to push it for his other characters.

Yeah, I didn't mind his Alan Rickman/Sherriff of Nottingham character because that wasn't just trying to be disgusting, it was this large ham character and he had other aspects to it, like trying to hunt down criminals, it's good. I just didn't see a lot of depth to George Zimmer. I feel like Adomian can rely on that one aspect too much and he doesn't really round out the characters enough. This time he went straight for it and it put me off, but obviously comedy's subjective!

Andy Daly's suicide thing was incredible though, I remember at the time they did the episode where they had him jump out of the window repeatedly as all his previous characters thinking it was the greatest thing ever, as I hadn't realised just how many characters he'd played on the show. Has to rival PFT at this point, right? It was an amazing payoff too.

I think the bit worked for the character he was playing, that he was this really chirpy German guy who worked in a pretzel factory and had 8 months of holiday a year, and now he's going to tie himself to the Hollywood sign and kill himself, so odd. The way they tied that into all his later appearances and built up this little world is fun, I think that Scott and Jason just like to try and catch him out. Like my #1 pick for GOAT bit from the limerick episode where they get Jason to "read out" a limerick from the book of limericks. So great.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
New U Talkin' U2 To Me? episode is up! Love this podcast. Scott is great, but having Scott in there too makes it perfect.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Double-postin' like a champ! The new Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project is up - Kiss Me, I'm Patrick McMahon LIVE!

Episode notes:
The time has come for the season finale of The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project as Andy Daly & Matt Gourley present a star-studded event hosted by Irish Storyteller Patrick McMahon LIVE from Molly Malone’s Irish Pub in Los Angeles! Tune in as Patrick shares some of his famous Irish tales, Monsignor Damien Fearnly blesses the podcast & performs petite miracles, Lucian Charms aka the President of the Ancient Order of Hibernians bestows a great honor to a special Irishman, and The Irishmen play some traditional Irish music. Plus, Patrick’s brother Sheamus McMahon makes an appearance to challenge everyone to a limerick off for the title of Irish Person of the Year.

Season finale :(

Bacon

Is there a thread for Andy Daly's new show on comedy central, Review? The first three episodes have been very promising and it looks like it is getting good critical reception as well.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Whenever I heard Lauren Lapkus was on this week's CBB, I was really hoping she'd be on I4H... and she was! One of the most consistently solid guests for Earwolf, IMO.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Another solid U Talkin' U2 To Me episode this week, amazing when Adam talked about that Youtube video he found. CBB was great too - "According to his autobiography he was writing he's a graphic designer for Staples."

KarmaCow

For anyone that doesn't subscribe to improv4humans, the 4th best of compilation is out. The past few episodes have been amazing as well so you should really check them out.

Bacon

New u talkin U2 to me was great as always, but Paul f Tompkins is going to be on next weeks! Can hardly wait!

I really enjoy "How Did This Get Made." Always on the lookout for more movie podcasts for my 3 hour commute every day and Paul Scheer and co are hilarious.

Bacon

I knew he was coming as soon as I heard him laughing in the background during the episode, amazing. It's going to be so good.

Him laughing makes any joke so much funnier. His laugh during the andy daly/german vacation podcast made the whole thing so much more hilarious.

Vert boil

I'm expecting a Wompler/Listler episode in two weeks. Playing House starts April 29!

womp8wodi.jpg

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/wompsters-university/

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Even now that I know what Lennon Parnham looks like I still can't help but picture Tig Notaro every time Listler speaks.

Vert boil

Why have Scott and guests been reacting strangely when talking about Maron?

There's no malice behind it, just friendly ribbing. Marc has a very specific personality that makes him be an easy target and his recent success with WTF has made him a prominent figure.

big ander

"How often are you going to DC?" "Nightly."

That and the story about GutterballsHershey Squirts shitting his pants "because of the flu" killed me. Not the best of the Wompsters, Inc. episodes but a fine entry.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Seriously, U Talkin' U2 To Me is sublime. Every episode is fantastic. I thank U2 every day for delaying their new album.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I absolutely hate U2. I just can't make myself listen to that one.

If you hate U2, you'll probably enjoy the podcast. There's surprisingly little U2 content and they seem to be coming to the realisation that U2 haven't been good in over 15 years or so.

Edit: If you don't like that you could check out one of their other podcasts - I Love Movies, or maybe Talkin' 'Bout Turtle?

Bacon

If you hate U2, you'll probably enjoy the podcast. There's surprisingly little U2 content and they seem to be coming to the realisation that U2 haven't been good in over 15 years or so.

Edit: If you don't like that you could check out one of their other podcasts - I Love Movies, or maybe Talkin' 'Bout Turtle?

Can't wait for the Staind Glass Podcast.

aett

Has anyone purchased any podcast episodes from the Earwolf store? I heard that one of the CBB Live episodes from a few months ago was especially good so I bought it three days ago, but I haven't received a download link and my order still says "unfulfilled" on the website. I did get an email right away that said that the order went through, and I was charged the $2.99. I've emailed them twice so far but haven't heard a peep. Does it normally take several days just to get a damn download link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom