• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE No Mercy '17 |OT| No Way Out from this No Holds Barred event that gives No Sympy

Shauni

Transformers Bumblebee spinoff.

Isn't he doing some Transformers movie right now?

Oh really? I didn't know lol, random

[mocking]Whos next, Alicia Fox?[/mocking]

Thats what I have a problem with, especially since Fox is a great performer. Even as a heel you have to make it sound like beating your competition would take some effort, otherwise youre just working for yourself (Jericho mentioned how that was one of his big mistakes as a rookie)

The rest was fine.

Huh? Heels dismiss their opponents all the time

Thats what I have a problem with, especially since Fox is a great performer. Even as a heel you have to make it sound like beating your competition would take some effort, otherwise youre just working for yourself (Jericho mentioned how that was one of his big mistakes as a rookie)

The rest was fine.

I think the issue is how she's book in matches and how her opponents are scripted. Tonight she ended by eliminating 3 women including Nia in the space of 10 seconds. If she had to cheat to do it, then fine. As it stands her whole character is "I'm the best and everyone else is shit" and it's true.

Lothars

Nothing about Strowman is "next big thing".

You can't even compare him to Lesnar in terms of authenticity and star power. He's a goof. Lesnar should be the main event at Mania because he's an actual big deal. Strowman is a dumb cartoon character than normal people would laugh at.
Lesner is a has been and is more irrelevant now than he's even been. Strowman is at least entertaining.

Good PPV, lots of stuff pushed forward in interesting ways. Protected finishers, which a lot of people don't really understand, but that's a big deal. Womens Division is protected. Things are great. Roman went over Cena, don't think it did Roman any good but that's the right outcome.

Good PPV.
It's not, It was a terrible PPV, Roman winning isn't a good thing. Roman is terrible and them pushing him constantly makes it even worst, The only part of the PPV I liked was the cesaro / sheamus match against ambrose and rollins. I thought it was a good match and I feel bad for Cesaro.

Alucard

Banned
I'd have an easier time liking Roman Reigns if they'd stop being so pushy about telling me I should like Roman Reigns.

As is, I remain mostly indifferent.

It's because we still have no clue if he's supposed to be a face or a heel. Vince going for the middle road "the guy" thing isn't really working for me.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Cancelled my WWE Network sub. Wasn't too pleased with No Mercy, but also, needed to save that extra little bit of money anyway. Can always go back to watch Asuka...but they will probably fuck her up on the main roster too. =/

Feel bad for Cesaro though. Hope he's okay.

cordy

Banned
mTEQlZv.gif

THE GUY

Banned
It's because we still have no clue if he's supposed to be a face or a heel. Vince going for the middle road "the guy" thing isn't really working for me.
It's pretty straightforward. He's a tweener. Default Reigns has been a huge asshole since WM32. Basically spent a year and a half treating faces and heels alike as shit. However he's "honourable" in the ring and keeps it clean. It's not complicated.

Shauni

I feel like with Bray, WWE wants him to sort of be like a current age Jake the Snake. Jake never really held titles, at least not for an extended period, and if you really look at his win/loss record it's pretty terrible. But he has was the guy who you got to get the best work out of your top guys to always have a good, steady program, and he's unique gimmick always brought a good spice to anyone he faced since he's gimmick was so stark compared to the rest of the 80s.

It's just not working with Bray.

The rest was fine.

Alicia Fox is not currently a credible contender.

The promo makes sense in the context of what they are building up: Asuka is going to murder her

GunBR

Bray loses everytime but the crowd always cheer for him
He's doing fine and WWE will not change anything about him in the near future

And overall a fun PPV
Alexa keeping the title and Bayley taking the L was the best finish of the night
Cena losing after a single Superman punch + Spear combo and raising Roman's hand was dumb, but the result was the right one
And Brock matches after he enters in the "suplex mode" are so boring that Roman beating him at Mania doesn't look so bad anymore

And overall a fun PPV
Alexa keeping the title and Bayley taking the L was the best finish of the night
Cena losing after a single Superman punch + Spear combo and raising Roman's hand was dumb, but the result was the right one
And Brock matches after he enters in the "suplex mode" are so boring that Roman beating him at Mania doesn't look so bad anymore

It took a spear through tla table and a second spear to put Cena down.

Proc

Poor finish during the Cena / Reigns match but I don't think Reigns could give much more after some of those awkward bumps I think he took.

I'm going to miss Cena on raw. This is one feud I wish that wasn't ending early.

I'll also say this, Rollins in the tag division just seems like an incredible waste.

Re-kindle a program with Balor and it would be gold. Not sure what you do with Bray at this point.

THE GUY

Banned
Poor finish during the Cena / Reigns match but I don't think Reigns could give much more after some of those awkward bumps I think he took.

I'm going to miss Cena on raw. This is one feud I wish that wasn't ending early.

I'll also say this, Rollins in the tag division just seems like an incredible waste.

Re-kindle a program with Balor and it would be gold. Not sure what you do with Bray at this point.
Just the table botch seemed pretty bad to me. That's on Cena for planting himself instead of jumping with Reigns.

Picture perfect version of that spot is what you see from Batista/Taker. They did it a number of times and you'll see Taker essentially mini-jump with Batista to make sure they both land flat. Reigns has done it with a couple of guys, but Cena took it the worst out of all the versions I've seen over the year.

If you take it like a normal spear, the almost neck break Reigns got is what happens due to the vertical distance. You end up falling straight down instead of across and down.

cordy

Banned
Reigns kicked out of 4 AAs.

For all the bullshit people say about Ambrose, he ain't kicking out of that and that's with his entire gimmick since the FCW days being that he's got godlike resilience.

Zertez

Supposedly he was supposed to get a bigger push this year, but his affair with JoJo going public halted that. Don't think Vince would care, but the sponsors they have left would.

Guys, can you cheer for reigns now?

The faster he gets over the sooner vince will remove him from our throats.

Hahahahahajanaha

Oh you.... as soon as Reigns gets over that would be Vince's que to ramp up his push to 11 and really show the WWE universe what a real super star is.

I laughed and coughed at the same time seeing Brock won clean over BRAAAAAAAAUN...

They're really going to be fucking doing Roman vs Brock for WM.

Fucking Vince.

Hey Naito literally does toss titles around and people say he's the coolest guy ever
Double standards breh. It's wwe so it isn't cool. I won't lie, I was salty as shit at neville losing it since he carries the division on his back but it could be entertaining watching him fall into madness weekly with Enzo throwing the belt around.

Paracelsus

The best finish was the cruiserweight one both because low blow and because finally Neville dropped the title. Also, Lesnar dropped an F5 more or less 15 years ago and much like then, last night you could hear a pin drop as he was pinning who the people wanted to win. I hope Lesnar gets out of the contract and leaves, because they're setting him up for Reigns and it sucks. The heel superman schtick worked in 2002 because they set up the face turn beautifully, now they're gonna have him drop the belt to a heel nobody likes.

The best finish was the cruiserweight one both because low blow and because finally Neville dropped the title. Also, Lesnar dropped an F5 more or less 15 years ago and much like then, last night you could hear a pin drop as he was pinning who the people wanted to win. I hope Lesnar gets out of the contract and leaves, because they're setting him up for Reigns and it sucks. The heel superman schtick worked in 2002 because they set up the face turn beautifully, now they're gonna have him drop the belt to a heel nobody likes.
82aee-1502761942-800.jpg

He dropped it like a month ago for a little.

Laws00

I really want to see WWE bring stables back

I don't want to see another Authority god no

I'd like them to see stables that last longer then 6 months

So, I just finished watching it.

This Alexa Bliss stuff is getting tired.

Poor Cesaro. :(

Legitimately surprised Braun didn't win that match. I guess they really are pushing for the Brock/Reigns match for Mania, huh?

Reigns is still kinda sloppy, and he lost pretty bad in all of those promos. Maybe I'm getting soft. I fell into the trap and wanted him to win tonight, and I'm glad he did, but I'm still not a fan. I just dislike Cena more.

It didn't help listening to Michael Cole slobbering all over Cena the entire match. Jesus Christ. I hadn't watched Raw in the past month or so, and it's like he's somehow gotten MORE obnoxious.

Guess I'll tune into Raw later today.

Shauni

Bray has ruined his marriage. Jojo is the other woman.

Damn, did not do. Eater of Worlds for sure

I laughed and coughed at the same time seeing Brock won clean over BRAAAAAAAAUN...

They're really going to be fucking doing Roman vs Brock for WM.

Fucking Vince.

It's been painfully obvious for awhile this was the way this was going. I'm kind of surprised so many people actually thought it wasn't lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They're building up the F5 again. Expect it to beat everyone until Reigns.

The worst shit all night was Michael Cole screaming that John is the GOAT and Roman's victory last night was more important than beating taker at mania. Fuck outta here with that, styles beat the shit out of him 3 times 1v1 and never heard of such nonsense.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Even Goldberg lost after a single F5 no? (and a bunch of suplex)

Roman gonna look really strong after he survives the third F5 at their match

Yeah, that appears to be the plan. Joey Samoey also was pinned after one.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
One of the main problems I have is how rigid Vince is with his year-long plans. Each of the last three years, news has broken right after WM detailing what the following year’s main event will be, and they never break from that plan. They’ve all sucked. There is no respect for the fan involved here. No natural influence like used to happen, and it is hurting the product.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You got sanity and the ROH dudes down in nxt. Hopefully when they come up Vince doesn't break them up immediately.
I reflexively laughed at the idea of Adam Cole on the main roster even though it's going to happen.

Top Bottom