• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Fahzgoolin
Banned
(05-19-2017, 03:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Trup1aya


Now when I get the 5 shot, I gotta wonder if the other guy just wasn't on the receiving end of some heavy aim fuckery.

"ohhhhhh! That dude just got rekt!... By heavy aim and hit registration hell."
rakkadakka
Member
(05-19-2017, 03:55 PM)
rakkadakka's Avatar

Originally Posted by Monocle

A great game that gets unfairly dumped on. Best mechanics of the series. Highly replayable campaign. Better than Halo 4 in nearly every way, and better than Reach in key ways like equal starts and no armor abilities.

Considering how far we are out from launch the idea that someone is just now putting the game down is pretty great.

Especially when you compare it to how fast people put down other Halo games.

No offense OP but if you've put this much time into any FPS game a year and a half after release then it has to have had something. Even if all you can see now are the warts.
Cranster
Banned
(05-19-2017, 04:48 PM)
From a multiplayer perspective 343i got alot right with Halo 5. But they still have ways to go and improve. Multiplayer map design in the series has been decreasing in quality since Halo 3 and that needs to be addressed in Halo 6.
RoKKeR
Member
(05-19-2017, 04:52 PM)
RoKKeR's Avatar
Huh, just went back to it with a friend to play some doubles for the first time in months and quite enjoyed myself. I've always enjoyed the MP offering in this game, and I figured most people did as well. The less said about the campaign the better...
Zeus The Dino
Member
(05-19-2017, 04:53 PM)
Zeus The Dino's Avatar
They still need to fix the damn aiming
bobs...onGaf
Member
(05-19-2017, 04:53 PM)
bobs...onGaf's Avatar
You mentioned the autos in the op and I think that's what ultimately made me stopped playing

The game has a high skill ceiling and some good feeling precision weapons but the autos basically negate them as they are much easier to use and are hyper lethal

It's a shame - while I'm complaining:

The nades are also blunt instruments of explosive power as opposed to the more surgical tools they were in halo 3, bouncing a a wall to hit a enemy then follow up with the headshot is a lot more fun than throwing two nades in the general direction of a enemy

The sniping also feels quite basic considering the skil ceiling is higher - the auto aim 343 put in is crazy high

Map design was meh

The lack of maps for btb hurt the casual side of the game - war zone isn't really my jam

So yeah the game has a high skill ceiling but doesn't really focus on the precision gameplay - which is again a shame
Trup1aya
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Fahzgoolin

"ohhhhhh! That dude just got rekt!... By heavy aim and hit registration hell."

Lol is so funny (but not funny) when I'll 5 a guy, but he doesn't die, then I'll shoot him 3 more times, and he still doesn't die. Then he'll headshot me and I'm dead. Then he tea bags me because from His POV he made an amazing play.
calavera_jo
Junior Member
(05-19-2017, 05:41 PM)
calavera_jo's Avatar
Just started playing FFA with it and I'm having a blast. Not very high ranked though, silver 5
Gator86
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:54 PM)
Gator86's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trup1aya

The developers has admitted that the aim is broken. I'd say you and your friends are the 'minority' on this one.

As far as sprint and clamber, maybe it's a 'vocal minority' of people who still care about halo. But when you count the people who left because of that crap, that term doesn't fit so well.

Also who do you know it's a vocal minority? How do you know that people who are silent also don't like the mechanics?

It's funny, I was talking about the aim being an absolute deal-breaker for me in one thread and Stinkles got all flustered arguing that I was the only one who had a problem with it and that it was my problem. So they have an odd way of admitting the aim is broken.

Originally Posted by Trup1aya

I think many of the issues with the aiming are due to a bug that should be fixed "soon".

Still it's crazy that an FPS could ship with an inconsistent aiming system, and the remain that way for almost 2 years.

Are they still trying to fix it? I thought they were happy with where it is now, although I haven't kept close tabs on the game. Almost everything about H5 is amazing to me. How do you release a new title in your biggest beans with the core gameplay mechanic completely broken and left that way for years?
VincentMatts
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:01 PM)
Honestly, after watching that Destiny2 stream yesterday it made me realize that Bungie were just simply far better at hyping their games like Halo than 343 is.

I mean, people will play anything they make because they made it. The Bungie name carries a lot of weight because of how successful their games have consistently been. People play Halo now because of how Bungie made it then. Still to this day. No one ever says, i cant wait for the next 343 game. No one. Why is that you think?

It made me a little sad yesterday tbh to see how Bungie can still create hype and excitement for a game like no one else and we still struggle here to get something from 343 that doesn't require them also gaining a valuable 'learning experience' 10 years later.

Fuck i miss Bungie. :(
RichiRamjag
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:24 PM)
RichiRamjag's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gator86

It's funny, I was talking about the aim being an absolute deal-breaker for me in one thread and Stinkles got all flustered arguing that I was the only one who had a problem with it and that it was my problem. So they have an odd way of admitting the aim is broken.



Are they still trying to fix it? I thought they were happy with where it is now, although I haven't kept close tabs on the game. Almost everything about H5 is amazing to me. How do you release a new title in your biggest beans with the core gameplay mechanic completely broken and left that way for years?

Josh Menke said they had a proven fix for it on twitter and that we'd get further updates down the line, so they are aware and have acknowledged it. I can't comment on what Frankie was saying though.

This guy on beyond had modded his controller to turn with 100% force to the left whenever a vibration occurred (a shot) to emulate precise movement. In older halo, it landed on the same spot 99 out of 100 times, but in halo 5, the aim landed in one of 3 precise locations despite receiving the exact same input every time. It's inconsistent.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Mib%20HCS/video/29208763

I believe ske7ch said that this wasn't completely accurate, but helped them in some way with the fix or lit a fire under their behinds, so keep that in mind.
OgCarnage
Banned
(05-19-2017, 06:26 PM)
That sucks i play it daily, imo it's a great game.
fossi8
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:50 PM)
fossi8's Avatar
OP did you play halo 4? I think there was an consistent evolution on controllers and not as simple as a call of duty for example that hasn't changed (for me) since 4 titles ago. I understand what you say but I believe Halo 4 prepared us for Halo 5.
Gnome Scat
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:41 PM)
Gnome Scat's Avatar
Yeah, I've had my fill of it as well. Too many missteps and technical issues to warrant playing it when so many other good shooters (Overwatch, Titanfall 2, R6: Siege) are out.
jem0208
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:46 PM)
jem0208's Avatar

Originally Posted by VincentMatts

No one ever says, i cant wait for the next 343 game. No one. Why is that you think?

I do.


5 is absolutely fantastic and after all the updates its easily my favourite Halo despite the issues (and by extension one of my favourite games ever). I can't wait for 6.
Fahzgoolin
Banned
(05-19-2017, 08:03 PM)

Originally Posted by RichiRamjag

Josh Menke said they had a proven fix for it on twitter and that we'd get further updates down the line, so they are aware and have acknowledged it. I can't comment on what Frankie was saying though.

This guy on beyond had modded his controller to turn with 100% force to the left whenever a vibration occurred (a shot) to emulate precise movement. In older halo, it landed on the same spot 99 out of 100 times, but in halo 5, the aim landed in one of 3 precise locations despite receiving the exact same input every time. It's inconsistent.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Mib%20HCS/video/29208763

I believe ske7ch said that this wasn't completely accurate, but helped them in some way with the fix or lit a fire under their behinds, so keep that in mind.

I find it unsettling it took that guy's effort and post to get the ball really rolling. A year and a half of community complaining didn't do it.

Originally Posted by jem0208

I do.


5 is absolutely fantastic and after all the updates its easily my favourite Halo despite the issues (and by extension one of my favourite games ever). I can't wait for 6.

Can't say the same, nor do I love 343 after all of their blunders, but I'm still anticipating Halo 6. If it's an even greater improvement over 5 in every way then I think it could be special. I'm just afraid that the brand is too damaged after all the years of crushing disappointment and let downs.
Fahzgoolin
Banned
(05-19-2017, 08:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Trup1aya

Lol is so funny (but not funny) when I'll 5 a guy, but he doesn't die, then I'll shoot him 3 more times, and he still doesn't die. Then he'll headshot me and I'm dead. Then he tea bags me because from His POV he made an amazing play.

Lol yup that's happened to me so many times. I'll get the jump on someone and pump 6 BR shots into them as they 5 shot me with a pistol after my first 2 shots. He'll then smack my embarrassed corpse and aggressively tea bag because it looked like I choked and should have won.

Inner rage pressure meter rises.
D3VI0US
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:15 PM)
D3VI0US's Avatar
As a huge Halo fan I uninstalled this piece of garbage shortly after release because there were only like 4 maps and BTB came far too late. After MCC and H5 343 is on thin ice with me, I'll buy Halo 6 day one but if it's mediocre then I'm done with the series.
Outrun
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:21 PM)
Outrun's Avatar

Originally Posted by rakkadakka

Considering how far we are out from launch the idea that someone is just now putting the game down is pretty great.

Especially when you compare it to how fast people put down other Halo games.

No offense OP but if you've put this much time into any FPS game a year and a half after release then it has to have had something. Even if all you can see now are the warts.

I got to agree. I played Halo 5 solidly for a year. No regrets.

Same thing for FM6.

In both cases, I got my moneys worth.
Spartancarver
Member
(05-19-2017, 10:47 PM)

Originally Posted by D3VI0US

As a huge Halo fan I uninstalled this piece of garbage shortly after release because there were only like 4 maps and BTB came far too late. After MCC and H5 343 is on thin ice with me, I'll buy Halo 6 day one but if it's mediocre then I'm done with the series.

And this is why nothing will ever change :/ 343i will continue to pump out mediocre, feature-barren and microtransaction-riddled Halo games and then giving long-winded interviews about all the valuable lessons they've learned from their mistakes just in time for the next one because everyone keeps buying them Day 1 regardless
Pizza
Member
(05-19-2017, 10:53 PM)
Pizza's Avatar
Halo 5 swore me off halo. It was a trash heap at launch and I tapped out before my go-to mode, BTB, got it's lackluster implementation. Also the campaign is objectively the worst from any angle you choose to stare at it from. Bad video game

Glad people dig it, maybe I'll pick up 6 when it's on sale on pc. 5 was bad enough to convince me to sell the console I bought for it.

First console I ever sold.
The Sum of Zero
Member
(05-19-2017, 10:56 PM)
The Sum of Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by SatansReverence

People still try to act like MCC is and always has been fine lol...

Just can't let a single thread go without bringing it up, can you? But I'll bite the bait one more time. Maybe it's just the good ol' USA connection. That's why I and some others don't have a huge plethora of issues these days. Anywhere else, well, dunno what to tell you.

OT, I've moved on as well. I just enjoy Destiny and Titanfall 2 a lot more than Halo these days.
LukasTaves
Member
(05-19-2017, 11:08 PM)
LukasTaves's Avatar

Originally Posted by SatansReverence

Accessible =/= Easy and vice versa.

Halo 5 is just a bad experience throughout. The games bad population is all the proof that is needed. When a game plays like shit, people stop playing the game.

Heres the current trend in Halo 5. Modded controllers and limetless fire rates.

This is happening in a lot of shooters lately, not just Halo 5. I've seen many videos with control mods on overwatch for instance.

I mean, the game could add some telemetry to pin people using it and banning them ,but it's not like it's the game's fault shit like this happens.

Edit: Fixed
Detective
Member
(05-19-2017, 11:18 PM)
Detective's Avatar
There is constant problems with the game. And each update breaks something, everything from black screen tied to voice pack, and the horrible fps glitches.

Like in FF, before landing the 3 ships multiplies and suddenly there is 6 for a second. I mean come on, you had a beta.

Want good connection? Make a smurf account, I've tested this more than 10 times, my friends did the same with several accounts. It's just laughable.
Kill3r7
Member
(05-19-2017, 11:27 PM)
Kill3r7's Avatar

Originally Posted by rakkadakka

Considering how far we are out from launch the idea that someone is just now putting the game down is pretty great.

Especially when you compare it to how fast people put down other Halo games.

No offense OP but if you've put this much time into any FPS game a year and a half after release then it has to have had something. Even if all you can see now are the warts.

To be fair we are only talking about 2 other Halo games, Reach and Halo 4. No one put down Halo 3, 2 or CE.
SatansReverence
Hipster Princess
(05-20-2017, 02:58 AM)
SatansReverence's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Sum of Zero

Just can't let a single thread go without bringing it up, can you? But I'll bite the bait one more time. Maybe it's just the good ol' USA connection. That's why I and some others don't have a huge plethora of issues these days. Anywhere else, well, dunno what to tell you.

I know exactly what to tell you, you're a liar if you try to claim that MCC is fine for you.

The issues with MCC have nothing to do with the users connection. Full stop.

Originally Posted by LukasTaves

This is happening in a lot of shooters lately, not just Halo 5. I've seen many videos with control mods on overwatch for instance.

I mean, the game could add some telemetry to pin people using it and banning them ,but it's not like it's the game's fault shit like this happens.

Edit: Fixed

This isn't some pull trigger fast = shoot fast situation. It's a button combination that needs to be pressed in order to completely circumvent fire rate limits on weapons. That combination being shoot reload sprint shoot while in the air. *edit* don't even need to be in the air for some weapons.
Stinkles
Clothed, sober, cooperative
(05-20-2017, 04:54 AM)
Stinkles's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gator86

It's funny, I was talking about the aim being an absolute deal-breaker for me in one thread and Stinkles got all flustered arguing that I was the only one who had a problem with it and that it was my problem. So they have an odd way of admitting the aim is broken.


I never said anyone was the "only" one feeling that, and the fact remains that most people either didn't sense it or were unable to articulate exactly what it was that was bothering them, which is one of the reasons that even with constant pr feedback it's taken this long to figure out precisely what it even was. I never noticed it but I will always admit when I am wrong. I was wrong about this.

Oh and check your pms gator.
Fahzgoolin
Banned
(05-20-2017, 08:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Stinkles

I never said anyone was the "only" one feeling that, and the fact remains that most people either didn't sense it or were unable to articulate exactly what it was that was bothering them, which is one of the reasons that even with constant pr feedback it's taken this long to figure out precisely what it even was. I never noticed it but I will always admit when I am wrong. I was wrong about this.

Oh and check your pms gator.

Stinkles, I just want to let you know that this thread isn't meant to poo poo on you, your team, or the hard work done for Halo 5.

I hope you find some of my and others' complaints/critiques legitimate regardless of how emotionally charged it might be. I really love and care about Halo (in probably an unhealthy way) and therefore that love and care extends to you all. While I really hope our feedback actually matters, I likewise hope you aren't a depressed wreck due to how unrelenting it can be. I'm a pretty sensitive dude, so I'm just trying to empathize despite my feelings toward the game.

If there is anything I'd like addressed is the plethora of network performance woes, disconnects, and the like. What's going on here exactly? Is this something that is at least internally acknowledged? I'd love to keep playing Halo 5 if it at least preformed in this area in a satisfying way.

Also, in regards to the aim issue, I noticed if I put the elite controller right stick setting to "aggressive" instead of the default, it removes the incredibly sluggish diagonal movement. I find it strange that Halo 5's out of the box diagonal movement is very slow and heavy compared to up/down.
Coxy100
Banned
(05-20-2017, 08:46 AM)
The multiplayer was great fun

The campaign was god awful. Not enough chief, cortana becoming the enemy, same boss over and over, team based, lack of human weapons and missions where you just talk!?
Kalentan
Member
(05-20-2017, 08:54 AM)
Kalentan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fahzgoolin

Stinkles, I just want to let you know that this thread isn't meant to poo poo on you, your team, or the hard work done for Halo 5.

I hope you find some of my and others' complaints/critiques legitimate regardless of how emotionally charged it might be.

As much as you may try to sound sincere...

This really just comes across as a lie.

This thread isn't saying anything that hasn't been said on this forum hundreds of times over. At this points in tiring and honestly 343i should just ignore GAF when it comes to making Halo 6. Since if they did, GAF would want 343i to make Halo 6 play like Halo 3, the worst playing Halo in the series.

Like you say you can't wait for 343i to no longer be shackled to Halo... Which I imagine people reading that at 343i would feel angry. No one joined 343i in the hopes that someday they would eventually stop making Halo. They go there to make Halo. And it is within that statement that your true intentions come to front. The only reason you want that, is so that 343i wouldn't be making Halo anymore.

So it's hard to take any of your complaints seriously when you also want them to simply quit.
Sony
Nintendo
(05-20-2017, 08:56 AM)
Sony's Avatar

Originally Posted by VincentMatts

;No one ever says, i cant wait for the next 343 game. No one. Why is that you think?

Just stop. 343 is shackled by Halo's legacy. If anything, people want them to do a new IP rather than Halo. And still, no matter how much people hate 343's Halo entries, there is always excitement that comes with a new Halo.


I want to add that if Halo Reach, 4 of 5 were mechanically very similar to Halo 3, sales would still be on the decline. There is this notion/illusion that Halo will be very successful again if they go to the Halo 2/3 formula. Just accept that Modern Warfare shook up the quality FPS market, split Halo's player base and spawned many copycats that make some FPS mechanics genre standard. It annoys me so much to read all the ignorant posts like "343 need to go back to no sprint and ads".
Seventy70
Member
(05-20-2017, 09:05 AM)
Seventy70's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kalentan

As much as you may try to sound sincere...

This really just comes across as a lie.

This thread isn't saying anything that hasn't been said on this forum hundreds of times over. At this points in tiring and honestly 343i should just ignore GAF when it comes to making Halo 6. Since if they did, GAF would want 343i to make Halo 6 play like Halo 3, the worst playing Halo in the series.

Like you say you can't wait for 343i to no longer be shackled to Halo... Which I imagine people reading that at 343i would feel angry. No one joined 343i in the hopes that someday they would eventually stop making Halo. They go there to make Halo. And it is within that statement that your true intentions come to front. The only reason you want that, is so that 343i wouldn't be making Halo anymore.

So it's hard to take any of your complaints seriously when you also want them to simply quit.

This makes no sense. If 343i reads forums and gets angry at people for expressing their opinions sincerely, that's on them. At some point you have to realize that you are selling a product and to other people you are just a faceless company. With that said, personal attacks are where the line is drawn (not that any personal attacks have been made in this thread.)

OP was just clarifying that none of this is meant to be personal. Not sure why you felt the need to come shit on others opinions though. I guess everyone should just stop criticizing products.
Fahzgoolin
Banned
(05-20-2017, 09:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Kalentan

As much as you may try to sound sincere...

This really just comes across as a lie.

This thread isn't saying anything that hasn't been said on this forum hundreds of times over. At this points in tiring and honestly 343i should just ignore GAF when it comes to making Halo 6. Since if they did, GAF would want 343i to make Halo 6 play like Halo 3, the worst playing Halo in the series.

Like you say you can't wait for 343i to no longer be shackled to Halo... Which I imagine people reading that at 343i would feel angry. No one joined 343i in the hopes that someday they would eventually stop making Halo. They go there to make Halo. And it is within that statement that your true intentions come to front. The only reason you want that, is so that 343i wouldn't be making Halo anymore.

So it's hard to take any of your complaints seriously when you also want them to simply quit.

I want to stop you right there because this is bewildering to me. You might think that's what I'm doing, but it's simply not true at all. I say I would like a game from them that wasn't shackled to Halo because I think they would excel due to their track record of wanting to try new things. I and many others think a lot of those drastically new things are simply incompatible with simultaneously trying to carry the Halo torch. This is merely an informed opinion strictly based on gameplay design philosophies for Halo, not a personal attack against 343. I'm sure some opinions I and others have could be found offensive, but I assure you it's not coming from a heart of malice toward any group or individuals.

I'm still very much looking forward to 343's next Halo game. I have high hopes.

You might be convinced that I'm bullshitting you here, but I'm not. Also, feedback and criticisms are often the most effective when they are articulated consistently by the community, so I'm not concerned about originality here. I'm allowed to state my opinions on Halo here and I'm doing simply that. I don't think your post is fair, as it's making false assumptions on my intentions and character.
Fahzgoolin
Banned
(05-20-2017, 09:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Sony

Just stop. 343 is shackled by Halo's legacy. If anything, people want them to do a new IP rather than Halo. And still, no matter how much people hate 343's Halo entries, there is always excitement that comes with a new Halo.


I want to add that if Halo Reach, 4 of 5 were mechanically very similar to Halo 3, sales would still be on the decline. There is this notion/illusion that Halo will be very successful again if they go to the Halo 2/3 formula. Just accept that Modern Warfare shook up the quality FPS market, split Halo's player base and spawned many copycats that make some FPS mechanics genre standard. It annoys me so much to read all the ignorant posts like "343 need to go back to no sprint and ads".

I disagree with you, but for rational reasons. You might disagree with it, but it's not an illogical analysis or thought.

Here's a couple relevant and well thought out videos explaining the position of returning Halo to its gameplay roots:

https://youtu.be/5IHZybz-pD0

https://youtu.be/NRVz7B2mEWc

Like I said, you can disagree with it, but it's not just blind nostalgia trying to stifle progress. It's hardly ignorant.
Kalentan
Member
(05-20-2017, 09:27 AM)
Kalentan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fahzgoolin

I want to stop you right there because this is bewildering to me. You might think that's what I'm doing, but it's simply not true at all. I say I would like a game from them that wasn't shackled to Halo because I think they would excel due to their track record of wanting to try new things. I and many others think a lot of those drastically new things are simply incompatible with simultaneously trying to carry the Halo torch. This is merely an informed opinion strictly based on gameplay design philosophies for Halo, not a personal attack against 343. I'm sure some opinions I and others have could be found offensive, but I assure you it's not coming from a heart of malice toward any group or individuals.

I'm still very much looking forward to 343's next Halo game. I have high hopes.

You might be convinced that I'm bullshitting you here, but I'm not. Also, feedback and criticisms are often the most effective when they are articulated consistently by the community, so I'm not concerned about originality here. I'm allowed to state my opinions on Halo here and I'm doing simply that. I don't think your post is fair, as it's making false assumptions on my intentions and character.

Sorry but I just can't believe this. You say you have high hopes but everything I've seen in this thread and in many other threads before it, says the opposite. You don't want 343i's next Halo game. You want Bungie's next Halo game. Nothing you have said tells me that you will accept anything else other than going back to exactly what Bungie used to do.

Originally Posted by Seventy70

This makes no sense. If 343i reads forums and gets angry at people for expressing their opinions sincerely, that's on them. At some point you have to realize that you are selling a product and to other people you are just a faceless company. With that said, personal attacks are where the line is drawn (not that any personal attacks have been made in this thread.)

OP was just clarifying that none of this is meant to be personal. Not sure why you felt the need to come shit on others opinions though. I guess everyone should just stop criticizing products.

Did I say people should stop criticizing products? Unless you can quote me on that, I didn't say that. I did mention that everything that has been said in this thread has been said before, which is a fact. It's nothing new.

The only reason I was calling out him is because anytime I see him talking about Halo 5 and 343i, seems to be both wanting them to improve yet at the same time stop making it. Which I feel lessens their opinions worth.

I don't go up to a friend and tell them how they should improve their craft and then go: "Oh yeah but you should totally stop making that anyway." That sends two very different messages. Cause it doesn't sound like your putting your faith in them so much as taking the cowards way out.
Magwik
Banned
(05-20-2017, 09:31 AM)
I think Halo 6 may be the game 343 wants to make the most without being bogged down by industry trends. With BF and CoD doing WW1/2, Overwatch and the likes of Splatoon being a raging success, it opens up an opportunity to take Halo in a more 'Halo' direction without having to follow the leader.
Seventy70
Member
(05-20-2017, 09:31 AM)
Seventy70's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kalentan


Did I say people should stop criticizing products? Unless you can quote me on that, I didn't say that. I did mention that everything that has been said in this thread has been said before, which is a fact. It's nothing new.

The only reason I was calling out him is because anytime I see him talking about Halo 5 and 343i, seems to be both wanting them to improve yet at the same time stop making it. Which I feel lessens their opinions worth.

I don't go up to a friend and tell them how they should improve their craft and then go: "Oh yeah but you should totally stop making that anyway." That sends two very different messages. Cause it doesn't sound like your putting your faith in them so much as taking the cowards way out.

First of all, friendship is much different than than being a consumer of a product. Also, if this company has failed time and time again to make good on the stuff a person feels is wrong, then the only conclusion is that there is something off with the core of the company or its structure.

"It's been said before" is just thread whining.
Fahzgoolin
Banned
(05-20-2017, 09:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Kalentan

Sorry but I just can't believe this. You say you have high hopes but everything I've seen in this thread and in many other threads before it, says the opposite. You don't want 343i's next Halo game. You want Bungie's next Halo game.

Well your simply incorrect and your assumptions are off base. I don't bring up Bungie vs 343 to make an argument or case against them. After all, the obvious fact is Halo Reach was a gameplay spin off of sorts that left 343 in a curious predicament.

I spent hours on Halo 4 and 5. Was I satisfied? Obviously not. However, if 343 is the one responsible for Halo's future I and others are going to provide passionate feedback.

343 seems to be better at understanding this than you do. I have high hopes for a new Halo regardless of who is responsible. The only thing I want from Bungie is Destiny 2. I have never suggested 343 should stop making Halo. I've suggested they start making Halo as it was boldly intended to be: its own district thing instead of simultaneously chasing other popular franchise design elements. Your reading animosity into our critiques, complaints, and comments.
Kalentan
Member
(05-20-2017, 09:40 AM)
Kalentan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fahzgoolin

Well your simply incorrect and your assumptions are off base. I don't bring up Bungie vs 343 to make an argument or case against them. After all, the dining obvious fact is Halo Reach was a gameplay spin off of sorts that left 343 in a curious predicament.

I spent hours on Halo 4 and 5. Was I satisfied? Obviously not. However, if 343 is the one responsible for Halo's future I want others are going to provide passionate feedback.

343 seems to be better at understanding this than you do. I have high hopes for a new Halo regardless of who is responsible. The only thing I want from Bungie is Destiny 2. I have never suggested 343 should stop making Halo. I've suggested they start making Halo as it was boldly intended to be: its own district thing instead of simultaneously chasing other popular franchise design elements.

Obviously 343i needs all of the feedback it can get. But here... is not the place. It's feedback that tells them how to go back rather than forward.

Rather than evolve, people want it to devolve.
Fahzgoolin
Banned
(05-20-2017, 09:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Kalentan

Obviously 343i needs all of the feedback it can get. But here... is not the place. It's feedback that tells them how to go back rather than forward.

Rather than evolve, people want it to devolve.

Your uninformed if you think the small HaloGAF presence is the one primarily saying these things. There are numerous large communities crying out for Halo to return to its roots.

The "evolve vs devolve" statement is hand waving the entire discussion away. There's so much said and more to come about this subject. You can disagree all you want, but that statement gets us nowhere fast. My OP isn't about this though and I don't want to go through that whole discussion anyways. It's been discussed in detail on here and other forums a lot lately.

Anyways, Frank has said here on GAF that they have no intentions of overhauling or resetting their current gameplay designs, but will simply tune and refine it. Then you have Phil Spencer saying on IGN that Halo 5 is the best Halo MP. So, the writing is in the wall and it really really hurts as a classic Halo fan. Regardless, I still hope that Halo 6 is a more competent game.
the anime man
Banned
(05-20-2017, 09:55 AM)
Yeah Halo 5 has a lot of issues, mostly in regards to the aiming and netcode. The barebones launch did not help either.

The gameplay is fantastic, I just wish everything around that was better. I think if 343 looks at these issues and fixes them for Halo 6, as well as making sure it's feature-rich at launch, I think it could be a really special game.
nekkid
It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
(05-20-2017, 10:49 AM)
nekkid's Avatar
However "honourable" your intentions in creating this thread, OP, you'd have thought you'd have been around long enough to have the foresight on the cesspit it would become...?
Fahzgoolin
Banned
(05-20-2017, 11:09 AM)

Originally Posted by nekkid

However "honourable" your intentions in creating this thread, OP, you'd have thought you'd have been around long enough to have the foresight on the cesspit it would become...?

Meh. Some great posts and discussions were had. I was also relieved to get feedback at others having the same issues.

It's worth it. =)
soxinthebox
Member
(05-20-2017, 11:17 AM)
soxinthebox's Avatar
Such a shame they cut split screen co-op from the game since that's the way I mainly play the old games. Hope they realise that was a mistake and fix it for the next game.
Akai__
Member
(05-20-2017, 11:25 AM)

Originally Posted by soxinthebox

Such a shame they cut split screen co-op from the game since that's the way I mainly play the old games. Hope they realise that was a mistake and fix it for the next game.

Already announced that every future FPS Halo game will have splitscreen.
Z O N E
Member
(05-20-2017, 11:34 AM)

Originally Posted by SatansReverence

Give. Us. The. Option.

There is an option.

Also, to most of the stuff being talked about in this thread:

1. The modded controllers are practically rarer than getting struck with lightning. If you submit footage and Tweet/DM/Message a 343 employee, they ban them, so posting footage about that is you stirring it up. I'm a Champion level player and have yet to match anyone at the highest level in Halo with a modded controller.

2. Sure the servers are not the greatest but for it to lag that bad, check your own latency/packet loss/NAT. You probably searched expanded and matched with Australians on an AUS server.

3. The person who posted the link about spawning in front of 2 players clearly isn't familiar with Halo Competitive settings in general. There are less spawn points in competitive because you can control spawns. For example the map you posted, Fathom. If there are enemies at your BR Spawn, you will most likely spawn in your GEN Spawn or SYLO. Based on other enemy positions. That's been the norm since Halo 1.

4. The clip in question: http://xboxclips.com/Bronosaur/e6a0a...2-317ed49135f3 - I can already tell from the hit registration that you either connected to a far server or you have packet loss.

5. This clip of backing out: http://xboxclips.com/ThumblessTurnip...8-76ab763d5c13 - Works perfectly fine for me, I just tried it. You're not giving the game a chance to back you out as you keep tasking it over and over, or you're simply pressing B and making claims.

6. Also, this: http://xboxclips.com/ThumblessTurnip...e-4c73cd850d37 Happens to everyone, on every game. Servers don't magically make the game perfect in match making. Hit inconsistencies occur in every game with servers. I could pluck some from other games and start my own list.

Sure the game isn't perfect, but some of you need to check your own connections if you are lagging consistently. The whining in this thread is just overblown.
Sordid
Member
(05-20-2017, 11:52 AM)
Sordid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bosnian

2. Sure the servers are not the greatest but for it to lag that bad, check your own latency/packet loss/NAT. You probably searched expanded and matched with Australians on an AUS server.

My connection is fine. Good & stable latency/pings to EU Azure data centres. No packet loss, Open NAT+ a decent Asus router. This is the only game I have consistent problems in. I never search expanded. The game has been like this for me since launch (except for a small 1-2 month window last year when they tightened region searching). Searching focused makes no difference except making it take longer to find a game. A good chunk of my matches have people eating shots/teleporting/shooting me around corners etc.

4. The clip in question: http://xboxclips.com/Bronosaur/e6a0a...2-317ed49135f3 - I can already tell from the hit registration that you either connected to a far server or you have packet loss.

This isn't my clip but I've had similar happen to me before as well, people shouldn't be getting matched on servers from another region unless they search expanded which I never do.


Sure the game isn't perfect, but some of you need to check your own connections if you are lagging consistently. The whining in this thread is just overblown

I've never whined, I've always posted proof of my issues even back at launch. Funnily enough the evidence was glossed over then too and people with issues were accused of whining or rage posting. I'm glad the game works well for you but some of us have real issues in this game that we don't in others. 343 have acknowledged it multiple times by first tightening region restrictions then adding focused searching so I'm not sure why some people are so determined to blame it on the people with issues. Pre launch they said you'd be able to choose which region/data centre you matched in like other games do, if they didn't change their minds about that there'd be no issue. Hopefully they'll include region selection in Halo 6!
Fahzgoolin
Banned
(05-20-2017, 12:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Bosnian


Sure the game isn't perfect, but some of you need to check your own connections if you are lagging consistently. The whining in this thread is just overblown.

Open NAT, minimal packet loss, good download/upload rate, checked with ISP, router is up to date, using wired connection, updated Xbox, reinstalled Halo 5, etc.

I didn't post my OP without doing homework on my end and testing hours of playtime.

It's a big problem for many people. It's not overblown whining. I have mentioned this earlier, but we'll play expanded, balanced, and focused and have the same problems. Sometimes we'll even play the same team on different options. Is it every game? No, but it's certainly the majority experience. I get great performance in other games.

Edit: Sordid above me says the same and more. I'm in the US btw. Played in all hours of the day and same issues persist.

Thread Tools