• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

phanphare
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:47 PM)
phanphare's Avatar

Originally Posted by Little Mons†er

YES!!!

First time joining GAF online for this! Excited!

prepare yourself, GAF rooms are fucking bonkers
PizzaFace
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:48 PM)
PizzaFace's Avatar
Bought from Amazon.co.jp, order has been rejected due to the verification failing 😥

Someone mentioned buying Japanese e-shop codes from play-asia. How is that process?
Brofield
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:48 PM)
Brofield's Avatar
This is a beautiful OT.

Dumb question, can I preload the digital version of the game?
Kinsei
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:48 PM)
Kinsei's Avatar
To help pass the time what is everyone's favorite new track from each Mario Kart?

SMK: Koopa Beach 2
64: Banshee Boardwalk
SC: Sky Garden
DD: Bowser's Castle
DS: Waluigi Pinball
Wii: Koopa Cape
7: DK Jungle
8: Cloudtop Cruise
arimanius
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:49 PM)
arimanius's Avatar
Ok KartGaf. Add me so I can get in on the fun.

SW-0843-6237-3218
Stopdoor
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:49 PM)
Stopdoor's Avatar

Originally Posted by PotionBleue

Can you use 2 Joy-Con with one in each hand (a bit like Wiimote+Nunchuk) or must they absolutely be embedded in a Joy-Con Grip?

Yeah, the grip is just a shell, invisible to the console (at least the non-charging one).
ZombiePlatypus
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:49 PM)
ZombiePlatypus's Avatar
Zelda and PuyoPuyoTetris are already beyond what I can make time for, and now this. So psyched, but no clue when I'm playing this.

Btw, do we know if the Mercedes DLC is readily available? If not, how do we unlock it?
Last edited by ZombiePlatypus; 04-27-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Roo
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:51 PM)
Roo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jeels

This is not working for me. Why is there a % in the link?

Sorry, we had some issues with the link earlier. Should be fine now :)
Keyouta
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:52 PM)
Keyouta's Avatar
Damn Amazon apparently isn't shipping the game to me until like the 1st and it'll get to me on the 3rd.
Syinn
Junior Member
(04-27-2017, 04:53 PM)
Syinn's Avatar
All set. Can't wait to get some games.
PadWarrior
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:53 PM)
PadWarrior's Avatar
Hope to see you guys tomorrow!
Greenymac
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:53 PM)
Greenymac's Avatar

Originally Posted by Roo

Since apparently the OT will break the discord link for some reason, I'll keep sharing it the first couple pages so people can quote this post and join the server easier


HERE:

I have the discord app... how do I get to you guys from there? Kinda new to using it. I use the link in my browser but doesnt bring me to the Gaf discord.
chekhonte
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:54 PM)
chekhonte's Avatar
I haven't played a mario kart in a while, probably double dash. Is the AI still horribly unfair in the 200cc races? This has always turned me off from mario kart.
jedivulcan
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:54 PM)
jedivulcan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Proteus

Pending Verification.

C'Mon Japanese Amazon!

Originally Posted by PizzaFace

Bought from Amazon.co.jp, order has been rejected due to the verification failing 😥

Someone mentioned buying Japanese e-shop codes from play-asia. How is that process?

Amazon Japan must have stepped up their game in the last month. I used the same card/address combo for a 500 yen eShop account earlier this month for Kamiko and didn't have a problem.

It immediately bumped me to the verification phase for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Do not use Apple Store Tokyo as your verification address anymore, I guess.

Anyway. I just wrote Amazon Japan with "Cancel" in both English and Japanese because the page said I could do so during the verification phase. My debit account hasn't been touched.

The digital order did allow me to change payment options. I still have my Google Wallet debit card. The card is a dud and will always reject due to its zero balance and the fact Google discontinued the card.

Ended up switching payments, deleting my original payment, and not worry about it failing or not because the payment likely won't go through regardless now.
CDX
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:55 PM)
CDX's Avatar

Originally Posted by PizzaFace

Bought from Amazon.co.jp, order has been rejected due to the verification failing 😥

Someone mentioned buying Japanese e-shop codes from play-asia. How is that process?

Did you have a Japanese address listed on your Amazon.co.jp account before you bought it? Because Amazon.co.jp wont let you buy it without a Japanese address on your Amazon.co.jp account.



Or maybe you have to tell your credit card company that you are making a valid purchase from Amazon.co.jp. I had to do that when I bought some Japanese eshop credit last month.
Hasney
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:56 PM)
Hasney's Avatar
Wait, they didn't add Waluigi Amiibo support? Pre-order cancelled not really but I am still bummed.
Interfectum
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:56 PM)
Interfectum's Avatar
First Mario Kart I've played since N64. Lets do this. :D
PizzaFace
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:57 PM)
PizzaFace's Avatar

Originally Posted by CDX

Did you have a Japanese address listed on your Amazon.co.jp account before you bought it? Because Amazon.co.jp wont let you buy it without a Japanese address on your Amazon.co.jp account.



Or maybe you have to tell your credit card company that you are making a valid purchase from Amazon.co.jp. I had to do that when I bought some Japanese eshop credit last month.


I had an address yeah! Shame, I think I'll have to just wait
Gala
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:57 PM)
Gala's Avatar
No luck at my local retail stores today, the thirst is real.
The Xtortionist
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:57 PM)
The Xtortionist's Avatar
Just wanted to pop in and say fuck frantic.
Lurk
Junior Member
(04-27-2017, 04:58 PM)
amazon decides to deliver it on Saturday... when I'm a prime user.

Looks like I'll buy tomorrow from store, return amazon copy to store on Saturday.
ElzarTheBam
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:58 PM)
ElzarTheBam's Avatar
Sorry I know this question will have been asked.

But can I invite friends and do public MM?
ridley182
aka Mister Chef
(04-27-2017, 04:58 PM)
ridley182's Avatar
The best thing about the title is that it works on multiple levels.
Madao
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:58 PM)
Madao's Avatar

Originally Posted by PizzaFace

Bought from Amazon.co.jp, order has been rejected due to the verification failing 😥

Someone mentioned buying Japanese e-shop codes from play-asia. How is that process?

i got a japanese eshop card from play-asia. it was quick and they send you the code fast.

only bad thing is that they don't sell a single card that covers the cost of the game. highest they sell is 5000 yen card iirc.
Papercuts
fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
(04-27-2017, 04:59 PM)
Papercuts's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Xtortionist

Just wanted to pop in and say fuck frantic.

This too.

Kinda curious to see if the item distribution on the normal items is changed, but frantic is god awful either way.
Roo
Member
(04-27-2017, 04:59 PM)
Roo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Greenymac

I have the discord app... how do I get to you guys from there? Kinda new to using it. I use the link in my browser but doesnt bring me to the Gaf discord.

Really? that's weird.
If you're using the browser version, after clicking on the discord link you should be greeted by:



At that point it's only a matter of clicking "accept invite"

edit: maybe you tried joining when the link was broken. Try again now that it's been fixed.
GiantBreadbug
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:00 PM)
GiantBreadbug's Avatar

Originally Posted by PadWarrior

Hope to see you guys tomorrow!

Oh my goodness your avatar has a Switch Pro Controller now

Nice choice :D
PizzaFace
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:00 PM)
PizzaFace's Avatar

Originally Posted by Madao

i got a japanese eshop card from play-asia. it was quick and they send you the code fast.

only bad thing is that they don't sell a single card that covers the cost of the game. highest they sell is 5000 yen card iirc.

So how much did it set you back in all?
Milly Osworth
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:00 PM)
Milly Osworth's Avatar
Lets party like its 1992!
LFMartins86
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:00 PM)
LFMartins86's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElzarTheBam

Sorry I know this question will have been asked.

But can I invite friends and do public MM?

Friends can join you in a public lobby if there are open spots but you can't invite friends.
Mr. F
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:01 PM)
Mr. F's Avatar
Does Switch do pre-loading, and does this go up at midnight?

Can't waaait.
Hasney
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:02 PM)
Hasney's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Xtortionist

Just wanted to pop in and say fuck frantic.

Yeah, gonna need a battle mode lobby without that sharpish!
PadWarrior
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:02 PM)
PadWarrior's Avatar

Originally Posted by GiantBreadbug

Oh my goodness your avatar has a Switch Pro Controller now

Nice choice :D

Lol thanks!
Had to upgrade.
Degenerate
Junior Member
(04-27-2017, 05:02 PM)
Degenerate's Avatar
My body is ready
DecoReturns
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:02 PM)
DecoReturns's Avatar
I'm ready for Luigi to give me a cold blooded stare
Camjo-Z
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:03 PM)
Camjo-Z's Avatar
RIP fire hopping, now I have no "w-well they were obviously cheating!" excuses to fall back on when I get stomped by fellow GAFers.
Dommel
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:03 PM)
Dommel's Avatar

Originally Posted by phanphare

prepare yourself, GAF rooms are fucking bonkers


Indeed they are but great fun as well
ElzarTheBam
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:03 PM)
ElzarTheBam's Avatar

Originally Posted by LFMartins86

Friends can join you in a public lobby if there are open spots but you can't invite friends.

Thank you for the answer.

Well, it's a start I guess.
NOLA_Gaffer
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:04 PM)
NOLA_Gaffer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gala

No luck at my local retail stores today, the thirst is real.

Well I mean...the game is released tomorrow, so I dunno if that's so much thirst as it is just stores not wanting to get penalized for breaking the release date.
GiantBreadbug
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:05 PM)
GiantBreadbug's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kinsei

To help pass the time what is everyone's favorite new track from each Mario Kart?

SMK: Koopa Beach 2
64: Banshee Boardwalk
SC: Sky Garden
DD: Bowser's Castle
DS: Waluigi Pinball
Wii: Koopa Cape
7: DK Jungle
8: Cloudtop Cruise

SMK: [omitted]*
64: DK Jungle Boardwalk
SC: Ribbon Road
DD: Wario Coliseum
DS: Waluigi Pinball
Wii: Maple Treeway (!!!)
8: Mt. Wario

*I don't have a fondness for any SMK track in particular :B
Little Mons†er
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:05 PM)
Little Mons†er's Avatar

Originally Posted by phanphare

prepare yourself, GAF rooms are fucking bonkers

lol ready for my discord notifications to spam non stop now haha
AGoodODST
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:06 PM)
AGoodODST's Avatar
Does this go up at midnight? I was going to just pick it up it up at my local Argos but it's sold out it seems so might just go digital.
bubaglobalj
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:07 PM)
bubaglobalj's Avatar
Amazon says Preparing for Shipment. Come on I need this for the week-end!
LFMartins86
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:07 PM)
LFMartins86's Avatar

Originally Posted by AGoodODST

Does this go up at midnight? I was going to just pick it up it up at my local Argos but it's sold out it seems so might just go digital.

It's very likely, it has gone up in Japan and Australia.
The perfect Dark
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:07 PM)
The perfect Dark's Avatar
Already at 2000 points in online mode. This game is a blast!
zonq
Junior Member
(04-27-2017, 05:07 PM)
zonq's Avatar

Originally Posted by Little Mons†er

lol ready for my discord notifications to spam non stop now haha

I think he referred to the skill in the game, not the Discord activity :P
AGoodODST
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:08 PM)
AGoodODST's Avatar

Originally Posted by LFMartins86

It's very likely, it has gone up in Japan and Australia.

Cool, thanks
yankee666
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:08 PM)
yankee666's Avatar
Cant Wait!!!.
Now i have a serious debate if i go physical or digital.
Ahhh Help me out
FunkyDealer
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:08 PM)
FunkyDealer's Avatar
8/8 OT. Beautiful!
Jamie OD
Member
(04-27-2017, 05:08 PM)
Jamie OD's Avatar
For those of you playing MK8 for the first time you are in for something wonderful.

Thread Tools