• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Nightengale
(05-19-2017, 04:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Primethius

One day I believe these labels will become somewhat accurate. Maybe.

Nobody among the Sony marketing team I've tweeted bothered to acknowledge the matter everytime I highlight it.
SunDimension24
(05-19-2017, 04:11 AM)

The funniest thing about Ni No Kuni 2 is that Sony's own unveil labels are so unreliable.

IIRC, it was revealed with a PS4 console debut label but also a console exclusive label. We know the first one isn't true because it's simultaneous PS4/PC release.

Does that make the second one the correct label or both incorrect? ��

Actually the first one would also be true since Console Debut would not negate a day and date PC version since PC is not technically a console in companies eyes. But ya the whole label thing is just a mess.
DKHF
(05-19-2017, 08:18 AM)

Originally Posted by salromano

IGN haven't really gotten big and/or surprising exclusives in their last few trips to Japan so I'm not expecting big surprises from this. I guess the Atlus one could be some P5 DLC, from Platinum NieR DLC (?) and the biggest thing I could see them getting from Namco is the exclusive debut of Ni no Kuni II's E3 demo gameplay or something.
SolidSnakex
(05-19-2017, 08:23 AM)
I'd expect any Atlus related content to be just interviews with the P5 staff. They've given out quite a few of those since the western release and I don't think IGN has had an interview with them yet.
PLASTICA-MAN
(05-19-2017, 01:08 PM)
I wonder what will be the best reveal this year in terms of tech, direction, suspense, artistic and level design etc...
God Of War, Death Stranding, Spider-Man, TLOU2, Sucker Punch new game or another surprise?
We can safely say that last year's most surprising and impressive reveal was GOW: the symphony, the direction, showing Kratos, the new settings, ideas and gameplay.

I wonder if they can top that this year.
phantasmic_glaive
(05-19-2017, 01:28 PM)

The funniest thing about Ni No Kuni 2 is that Sony's own unveil labels are so unreliable.

IIRC, it was revealed with a PS4 console debut label but also a console exclusive label. We know the first one isn't true because it's simultaneous PS4/PC release.

Does that make the second one the correct label or both incorrect? 🤔

I think it's an exclusive by default. It ain't coming to Xbox.. and No signs of the Switch being able to handle it. So that leaves PcS4
AAMARMO
(05-19-2017, 05:05 PM)
Could it be!!!
Get_craycray
(05-19-2017, 06:20 PM)

Does that make the second one the correct label or both incorrect? 🤔

They can't go wrong with this one:

paragonpro
(05-19-2017, 06:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

I can the best one Xp

Dark souls 3 is on xbox though... ; ) im just being facecist, we get to caught up on whats exclusive and what isnt, just enjoy the games you do have and buy the system to play the other ones if it bothers you that much, also i dont get how something being multiplatform can be seen as bad by some.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(05-19-2017, 06:36 PM)

Originally Posted by paragonpro

Dark souls 3 is on xbox though... ; ) im just being facecist, we get to caught up on whats exclusive and what isnt, just enjoy the games you do have and buy the system to play the other ones if it bothers you that much, also i dont get how something being multiplatform can be seen as bad by some.

I'm lost what did I say that deserved all this lol I don't remember unless u we're speaking in general
MegaSackman
(05-19-2017, 06:43 PM)
Is this video official?

Edit: Oh, it's not, is just some site...
The Last One
(05-19-2017, 06:44 PM)

Originally Posted by MegaSackman

Is this video official?

Nope.
metsallica
(05-19-2017, 06:48 PM)
Are they not doing the movie theater thing this year?
SolidSnakex
(05-19-2017, 07:02 PM)

Meanwhile, Iím happy to confirm that our fan-favorite PlayStation E3 Experience will return this year! Hundreds of fans across the US, Canada, and South America will be able to visit a local cinema to experience the events of June 12 on the big screen.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017...-how-to-watch/

No signups for it yet, but i'm sure several in here are happy that they're doing it again.
The Last One
(05-19-2017, 07:03 PM)

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

No signups for it yet, but i'm sure several in here are happy that they're doing it again.

South America! yes!
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(05-19-2017, 07:05 PM)

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Where my sign ups at
metsallica
(05-19-2017, 07:06 PM)
Uh, did they really just announce it a few minutes after I asked? Do I have [really lame] super powers?
illmatic22
(05-19-2017, 07:10 PM)
Hope people record their reactions at the theaters again lol. Always fun.
DriftingSpirit
(05-19-2017, 07:16 PM)

Originally Posted by illmatic22

Yes, please do this.
schaft0620
(05-19-2017, 07:19 PM)

Oh my god the theater I was in for Shenmue and FFVII holy cow.
SolidSnakex
(05-19-2017, 07:24 PM)

https://youtu.be/p2T1eCFlpeo?t=51
https://youtu.be/KyjpBBtKAQY?t=197
MugiwaraCole
(05-19-2017, 07:47 PM)

Originally Posted by PLASTICA-MAN

I wonder what will be the best reveal this year in terms of tech, direction, suspense, artistic and level design etc...
God Of War, Death Stranding, Spider-Man, TLOU2, Sucker Punch new game or another surprise?
We can safely say that last year's most surprising and impressive reveal was GOW: the symphony, the direction, showing Kratos, the new settings, ideas and gameplay.

Most impressive? Sure. Most surprising? Eh. I give the nod for that to Spidey.

Originally Posted by schaft0620

Oh my god the theater I was in for Shenmue and FFVII holy cow.

Tears. Everywhere.

That was me the year they showed KH3 and rebranded VsXIII. What a naive fool I was lol
Elfstruck
(05-19-2017, 08:03 PM)
Last year, there was already speculation and rumor about Spiderman. The same can be said about GOW with all the leaks and Shinobi's hint. The most surprising announcement was RE7. Nobody saw it coming until the very last min, as someone hinted about it on Twitter or 4chan, I don't remember.
Last edited by Elfstruck; 05-19-2017 at 08:05 PM.
SolidSnakex
(05-19-2017, 08:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Elfstruck

Last year, there was already speculation and rumor about Spiderman. The same can be said about GOW with all the leaks and Shinobi's hint. The most surprising announcement was RE7. Nobody saw it coming until the very last, where somebody hinted about it on Twitter.

Yeah, i'd say the nod also goes to RE7 because even when watching the trailer people really didn't know what it was. It wasn't until the full logo popped up at the end that people went crazy.
MugiwaraCole
(05-19-2017, 08:05 PM)

Last year, there was already speculation and rumor about Spiderman. The same can be said about GOW with all the leaks and Shinobi's hint. The most surprising announcement was RE7. Nobody saw it coming until the very last min, where somebody hinted about it on Twitter.

Forgot REVII was last year. That'd pretty much take the title.
delSai
(05-19-2017, 08:06 PM)
I havent really kept up with the thread (i plan on being more active in here tho!), i was wonderin' if any rumors showed up?
Napalm_Frank
(05-19-2017, 08:09 PM)
RE7 was already ''confirmed'' for E3 (or rather to be released very early 2017 thus making the E3 reveal obvious) by Capcoms financial forecast thingy. What people didn't expect was the form it would take.

I think God of War was a similar deal but not quite as radical. This one especially everyone knew would appear but it was quite different from what we are used to from GoW.

I guess even Zelda was more open than people expected tho it was already discussed by the developers.

It makes me wonder what possible long running franchise could make a return at E3 while being extremely different. Metroid I suppose.
Hydrus
(05-19-2017, 08:11 PM)
Where are all the amazing E3 hype gifs for this year!? Seems like the E3 hype has been dieing the last few years. This seems like the quietest one for me in a long time.
Elfstruck
(05-19-2017, 08:11 PM)

Originally Posted by delSai

I havent really kept up with the thread (i plan on being more active in here tho!), i was wonderin' if any rumors showed up?

It's all speculations at this point. I think Sony has tighten their ship, so there will be little to no leaks.
Stanng243
(05-19-2017, 08:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Hydrus

Where are all the amazing E3 hype gifs for this year!? Seems like the E3 hype has been dieing the last few years. This seems like the quietest one for me in a long time.

This one will get you your Kaz gifs.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366417
DriftingSpirit
(05-19-2017, 08:29 PM)

Originally Posted by delSai

Nada.
Razgriz-Specter
(05-19-2017, 08:30 PM)

Best thing to ever happen to E3, being in a sold out screen with seemingly like minded people losing their shit over reveals is so damn fun.
delSai
(05-19-2017, 08:31 PM)

It's all speculations at this point. I think Sony has tighten their ship, so there will be little to no leaks.

Originally Posted by DriftingSpirit

Nada.

Good...good. Goin knowing nothing is the most fun anyway.
MegaSackman
(05-19-2017, 08:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Hydrus

Here's one (Twitter)
ArjanN
(05-19-2017, 11:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Get_craycray

I think this will get some use this E3.
FelipeMGM
(05-20-2017, 12:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Get_craycray

LMAO, dead here
Hydrus
(05-20-2017, 12:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Stanng243

This one will get you your Kaz gifs.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366417

Originally Posted by MegaSackman

Here's one (Twitter)

LMAO. Thank you. I feel better now.
PLASTICA-MAN
(05-20-2017, 01:11 AM)

This for NA only right?
What kind of quests viewers do?
Liabe Brave
(05-20-2017, 01:12 AM)

Originally Posted by silva1991

Can't think of a single Souls/souls like game that isn't on Xbox.

Wow, this is some excellent deadpan. I was all set to start explaining that there's at least four such games not on Xbox, blah blah, before I caught myself. Good job!
SolidSnakex
(05-20-2017, 01:17 AM)

This for NA only right?
What kind of quests viewers do?

In previous years they'd just ask you to go to some web page or watch a trailer and then you'd get an email with a theme, avatar set or beta.
PLASTICA-MAN
(05-20-2017, 01:21 AM)

In previous years they'd just ask you to go to some web page or watch a trailer and then you'd get an email with a theme, avatar set or beta.

Nice. Thanks.
brickarts295
(05-20-2017, 01:27 AM)

That's a tough one. Cinematic wise (because I know we are not getting gameplay footage from either of them), It's probably going to be between Death Stranding and the Last of Us. It's an updated Decima engine coming from Horizon vs an updated ND engine coming from U4 o_O.

Detroit and GOW will be king in the gameplay department, unless Sucker Punch(which cannot be underestimated since Second Son still looks great today) or Spider-Man sneak in for the win.
JuanLatino
(05-20-2017, 01:32 AM)
hopefully if we see new footage of FF7 RE and Tifa is in it - they take this design

its perfect
WaterAstro
(05-20-2017, 01:34 AM)
Any word on PlayStation Experience yet?
DriftingSpirit
(05-20-2017, 01:35 AM)

Originally Posted by WaterAstro

Any word on PlayStation Experience yet?

OfTheOverflow
(05-20-2017, 01:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Razgriz-Specter

Best thing to ever happen to E3, being in a sold out screen with seemingly like minded people losing their shit over reveals is so damn fun.

Wish they did this in Australia; 11am isn't an ungodly hour after all.
paragonpro
(05-20-2017, 02:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

I'm lost what did I say that deserved all this lol I don't remember unless u we're speaking in general

Just in general, no worries haha
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(05-20-2017, 02:10 AM)

Originally Posted by paragonpro

Just in general, no worries haha

O I was like wait a min did I console war while drunk last night or what lmao
WaterAstro
(05-20-2017, 04:03 AM)

Originally Posted by DriftingSpirit

Alright. Gotta get ready to sign up for a ticket.
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(05-20-2017, 04:04 AM)

Originally Posted by WaterAstro

Alright. Gotta get ready to sign up for a ticket.

Time to stalk the internet until I can sign up