• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Bucca
Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
(05-20-2017, 02:58 AM)
Bucca's Avatar
Anyone have tips for transferring combo and link practice into online play?

I feel like I can reliably do them almost all the time in practice and arcade, but once I'm online it's like a totally different story.
GodParticle
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:58 AM)
GodParticle's Avatar
One thing I hate in this game is how I never feel like I know what I can punish compared to something like SF5 where it feels more intuitive. Moves have the weirdest hitboxes and active frames
ZeroX03
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:59 AM)
ZeroX03's Avatar

Originally Posted by jmxxii

How did you set up the AI for multiverse?

Choose an AI loadout in character select.
pock3tmonster
Banned
(05-20-2017, 03:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Slaythe

@Pock3t , who do you play ? Catwoman ? She has some insane looking gear. And the headgear she has where you can see her hair and ears make her look beautiful.

I haven't decided who I want to main yet. :/ There are too many characters I am enjoying. Black Canary definitely though. The wide variety of gear available for Catwoman is crazy. She has some awesome head gear especially.
jmxxii
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:01 AM)
jmxxii's Avatar

Originally Posted by ZeroX03

Choose an AI loadout in character select.

Ahh. Let me check again I thought I set it up already meh. Ty!
robertoci
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:04 AM)
robertoci's Avatar
What is ranked like for a pretty noobish fighting game player? Wanna know what i'd be getting myself into haha.
Khezu
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:06 AM)
Khezu's Avatar

Originally Posted by wamberz1

I know it's common for NRS games, but I gotta say I'm really disappointed that all the top players immediately pick the hardest zoners and just lame it out. I see sonicfox doing all this insane shit with captain cold, then switch to deadshot and... zzz

Maybe that's just been my false impression, I dunno.

Well in Fox's case, he is just doing it to get the character nerfed.
It's not someone he would play normally no matter what he is going to say publicly.

A lot of people played Deathstroke in Injustice 1 at the start because DS was legit fun, his zoning was a little crazy for the crappy netcode that game had, but he had a lot of other options that made him really versitile and fun to play.

Deadshot in comparison is braind dead and just not fun to play unless you like making others angry.
2n2
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:08 AM)

Originally Posted by pock3tmonster

I haven't decided who I want to main yet. :/ There are too many characters I am enjoying. Black Canary definitely though. The wide variety of gear available for Catwoman is crazy. She has some awesome head gear especially.

It's going to take me forever to decide, but Catwoman jumped near the top of my list near Brainiac and Canary. I dig both her look and move set. Mostly been leveling Lantern so far because he's the most familiar.

What makes it really daunting for NR games for me is memorizing all the unique strings. I almost always only using one as a result.
bubumiao
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:15 AM)
bubumiao's Avatar

Originally Posted by Khezu

Well in Fox's case, he is just doing it to get the character nerfed.
It's not someone he would play normally no matter what he is going to say publicly.

I thought something was up because he didn't mention intending to play Deadshot a few weeks ago in a video he made of characters he anticipated playing.
Gr1mLock
Passing metallic gas
(05-20-2017, 03:15 AM)
Gr1mLock's Avatar
Discord is the worst thing to happen to fighting games. Dudes retreating into their 1998 msn chat instead of just posting tech in a thread like a normal person.
Slaythe
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:16 AM)
Slaythe's Avatar

Originally Posted by robertoci

What is ranked like for a pretty noobish fighting game player? Wanna know what i'd be getting myself into haha.

Do not. It's full of try hard spammers.

Ranked is the absolute worst aspect of this game, especially for newcomers.

I recommend King of the hill with players of your level !
Magwik
Banned
(05-20-2017, 03:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Gr1mLock

Discord is the worst thing to happen to fighting games. Dudes retreating into their 1998 msn chat instead of just posting tech in a thread like a normal person.


It's empty
GravyButt
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:19 AM)
GravyButt's Avatar

Originally Posted by Marvel

Holy shit at interactable supers.

Really how?

Should note i have only played like 10 minutes due to life n such. Hopefully next week will allow more time but this sounds cool.
Khezu
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:21 AM)
Khezu's Avatar
The only premier skin I want at this point is a Deathstroke skin for Robin.

Think about it, give him the staff ability, and he can switch between sword and staff on the fly.
theeraser
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:22 AM)
theeraser's Avatar
Hi guys. Major fighting-game noob here. Two questions:

(1) What's the best way to get started? Any good videos to watch? Should I pick a character and stick with them until I know basically everything about how they work, or should I try a few to get a feel for the different styles of play? And who's a good character to start with?

(2) On another note, can anyone recommend a modern fighting game that's not so combo-heavy? That's not to say I don't like Injustice 2 -- enjoying it a great deal so far -- but I play Mortal Kombat 2 a ton with my coworkers, and I really like how that game (as ridiculously unbalanced as it is) is mostly mindgames, with very little emphasis on strings of combos.

Thanks everyone!
Salty Rice
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:24 AM)
Salty Rice's Avatar

Originally Posted by Khezu

The only premier skin I want at this point is a Deathstroke skin for Robin.

Think about it, give him the staff ability, and he can switch between sword and staff on the fly.

This is such a obvious and great skin.

I hope every Fighter Pack gets also some Premium Skins released with.
Gr1mLock
Passing metallic gas
(05-20-2017, 03:24 AM)
Gr1mLock's Avatar

Originally Posted by StaticJam


It's empty

Good!

It's not gaf specifically though. SRK, TYM, etc etc. Why i gotta find out things on twitter of all places?/old man rant.
wamberz1
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:25 AM)
wamberz1's Avatar
I'm trying out these interactable supers and holy shit
Like, I know its not a huge difference but the mere fact that there is some interactivity instead of just watching the same cut-scene over and over is a huge gamechanger for me
Tyrant Rave
Banned
(05-20-2017, 03:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Gr1mLock

Discord is the worst thing to happen to fighting games. Dudes retreating into their 1998 msn chat instead of just posting tech in a thread like a normal person.

Fully agree with you. It is TERRIBLE trying to find info on some of these games now. I had to go hunting through JP Twitter to find tech for the new Guilty Gear. TYM at least has some kind of activity.
LiquidSword
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:37 AM)
LiquidSword's Avatar
The AI multiverse stuff is awesome. Just taking a break and eating some snacks while Darkseid takes care of that 12 fight tower by himself. Lol
MasterMenace
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:38 AM)
MasterMenace's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidSword

The AI multiverse stuff is awesome. Just taking a break and eating some snacks while Darkseid takes care of that 12 fight tower by himself. Lol

Doing the same thing, but with Black Canary!
drew713
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:40 AM)
pretty sure my game glitched. every time I go into the guild menu it says I have been approved and gives me a ton of boxes.
Reszo
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:41 AM)
Reszo's Avatar
I finally beat the Deadshot boss in the multiverse then sent my AI after him to see how it fared. The AI makes ducking and dodging Deadshot's bullets and closing in on him look easy lol
BadAss2961
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:41 AM)
BadAss2961's Avatar

Originally Posted by wamberz1

I'm trying out these interactable supers and holy shit
Like, I know its not a huge difference but the mere fact that there is some interactivity instead of just watching the same cut-scene over and over is a huge gamechanger for me

Explain? All i've done is play online, and I have no idea about interactable supers.
flipswitch
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:42 AM)
flipswitch's Avatar
Just bought, game is great and I'm still doing the training sessions. Now how am I supposed to remember all those moves..
SolicitorPirate
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:42 AM)
SolicitorPirate's Avatar

Originally Posted by GodParticle

One thing I hate in this game is how I never feel like I know what I can punish compared to something like SF5 where it feels more intuitive. Moves have the weirdest hitboxes and active frames

I concur.

The game really doesn't feel very intuitive when it comes to communicating what is safe or unsafe on block except for the super obvious cases like when Supergirl slowly floats downwards after a whiffed or blocked dragon punch
OricWindstar
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:43 AM)
OricWindstar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reszo

I finally beat the Deadshot boss in the multiverse then sent my AI after him to see how it fared. The AI makes ducking and dodging Deadshot's bullets and closing in on him look easy lol

Haha, I was just about to post how much better my AI Scarecrow is than I am. Something to shoot for, I guess.
CrackPebbles
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:44 AM)
CrackPebbles's Avatar
Anyone want to play? My PSN is CrackPebbles.

US west coast.
Gr1mLock
Passing metallic gas
(05-20-2017, 03:44 AM)
Gr1mLock's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tyrant Rave

Fully agree with you. It is TERRIBLE trying to find info on some of these games now. I had to go hunting through JP Twitter to find tech for the new Guilty Gear. TYM at least has some kind of activity.

GG at least has an awesome tutorial section on the wiki. TYM is a wasteland right now. Well the scarecrow subthread anyway. Just day one combos and gear porn.
Chamber
love on your sleeve
(05-20-2017, 03:45 AM)
Chamber's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reszo

I finally beat the Deadshot boss in the multiverse then sent my AI after him to see how it fared. The AI makes ducking and dodging Deadshot's bullets and closing in on him look easy lol

Yeah, I set the AI to almost pure rushdown tactics and completely destroyed him.
wamberz1
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:45 AM)
wamberz1's Avatar

Originally Posted by BadAss2961

Explain? All i've done is play online, and I have no idea about interactable supers.

If you hit A/x right when your characters blows connect they get a minor damage buff. Not too huge overall, for example my swamp thing normal: 446, my swamp thing perfect: 470. Kind of like a rhythm game.
xxsavagedragonxx
Junior Member
(05-20-2017, 03:45 AM)
xxsavagedragonxx's Avatar
bought the game and love it ..fan of the first one and love DC as a whole..

But man, i just am not very good at fighters. I cant even get the transitions stages to work....

I kinda just mash buttons randomly, and if i am lucky, maybe land a little 5 or 6 hit combo....


I am ok with flash and green arrow i guess....
robertoci
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:48 AM)
robertoci's Avatar
Man going into online with high hopes is always the most soul crushing thing, everyone kicked my ass, no matter how bad they were :( I find it really hard to transition into online from playing the CPU, I get too panicked.
Femto.
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:50 AM)
Femto.'s Avatar
How do you mute people online?
NipplesAndToes23
Corona Drug Bust
(05-20-2017, 03:54 AM)
NipplesAndToes23's Avatar

Originally Posted by Femto.

How do you mute people online?

People saying some ignant and sexist shit?
tragic
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:55 AM)
tragic's Avatar
Does anyone know how to load a level 1 version of a character (that I already have to level 20) into training mode? I'm doing some interactive super testing and wanted to make sure the damage is correct.
ZeroX03
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:55 AM)
ZeroX03's Avatar
Hahaha the opening dialogue when it's Jay Garrick vs Green Arrow, they just compliment each other.

Jay also gives Dan Garret a shoutout when up against Blue Beetle.

Darkseid mentions the Black Racer!
Femto.
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:57 AM)
Femto.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Blasian Persuasion

People saying some ignant and sexist shit?

Nah, it can get loud and annoying.
CocaMantis
Member
(05-20-2017, 03:59 AM)
CocaMantis's Avatar

Originally Posted by theeraser

Hi guys. Major fighting-game noob here. Two questions:

(1) What's the best way to get started? Any good videos to watch? Should I pick a character and stick with them until I know basically everything about how they work, or should I try a few to get a feel for the different styles of play? And who's a good character to start with?

Thanks everyone!

You should start with one character, get the feel and pace of the game, get good at smash some combos and then try different characters 'cause there are quite a lot of playstyles. For instance, I started with Scarecrow. Then I really got into Swamp and Harley Quinn. Then Aquaman and Doctor Fate. All these characters play really different (maybe Scarecrow and Swamp are similar). Now I'm getting quite good with Green Arrow. So I dont know who will be my main. So many cool options!
Garrett Hawke
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:03 AM)
Garrett Hawke's Avatar
Picking this up tomorrow :D

Any tips/things I should be aware about regarding lootboxes etc? Is there like a way to get the most value out of the early ones or anything? Thanks in advance.
ZeroX03
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:07 AM)
ZeroX03's Avatar

Originally Posted by Garrett Hawke

Picking this up tomorrow :D

Any tips/things I should be aware about regarding lootboxes etc? Is there like a way to get the most value out of the early ones or anything? Thanks in advance.

Open them immediately, gear is set when you receive the box not when you open. You can/should reroll equipment for level 20 stats when you get there so keep epics.
Garrett Hawke
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:08 AM)
Garrett Hawke's Avatar

Originally Posted by ZeroX03

Open them immediately, gear is set when you receive the box not when you open. You can/should reroll equipment for level 20 stats when you get there so keep epics.

Thanks :)
MasterMenace
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:16 AM)
MasterMenace's Avatar

Originally Posted by tragic

Does anyone know how to load a level 1 version of a character (that I already have to level 20) into training mode? I'm doing some interactive super testing and wanted to make sure the damage is correct.

Just hit "Square" (PS4) when you get to the map selection screen and it should bring up the option to pick competitive settings or something along those lines IIRC.
Slaythe
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:18 AM)
Slaythe's Avatar

Originally Posted by jmxxii

How did you set up the AI for multiverse?

You can select the AI load out anywhere by pressing square on your char select.
tragic
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:19 AM)
tragic's Avatar

Originally Posted by MasterMenace

Just hit "Square" (PS4) when you get to the map selection screen and it should bring up the option to pick competitive settings or something along those lines IIRC.

Thanks! Was wondering where that was!
tragic
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:21 AM)
tragic's Avatar
Testing out Robin super interactivity. So far, there are 3 different damage boost timings, each with a related graphic that represents the timing:

Sword/Shield (No Glow)
Sword/Shield (Minor Glow)
Sword/Shield (On Fire)

Base Damage: 466.55 (Competitive Settings On)

Basic Damage Split:
125.17 (stab)
34.14 x 7 (slashes) (238.98 minimum total)
102.41 (explosion)

Good Timing: 35.28
Great Timing: 37.55
Perfect Timing: 39.83 (278.81 max total)

Final Hit Damage Bonuses:

Good Timing: 103.55
Great Timing: 105.83
Perfect Timing: 108.10

Note: You CAN do the final hit without doing any of the others.

Total Boosted Damage: 512.61 (Base: 466.55 - 91% of MAX)
GodParticle
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:22 AM)
GodParticle's Avatar
Ok, I just went online for the first time and not impressed at all. I thought this was supposed to have amazing netcode. Even at green bars I was getting a lot of input lag. People just jumping around all day and I couldn't get anything to come out consistently. One match I was literally just trying to press forward and it was registering a d,b special...
blackflag
Banned
(05-20-2017, 04:23 AM)

Originally Posted by Hasney

GAFs House of L's 5: 7A7J9

Add your GAF name to the join message or quote this when you join with your PSN.

Gonna back out after every story fight to check apps.

Casmith7509 on psn
Oyashrio-Sama
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:25 AM)
Oyashrio-Sama's Avatar
Just beat Story mode! And just applyed for the GAF guild! I'm really liking Supergirl so far.
SenkiDala
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:25 AM)
SenkiDala's Avatar
So I finally picked that up, played 3 chapters of the story mode and it's awesome! :O

Really enjoying it so far. With that and Tekken 7 coming in a couple of weeks, it's a great time to play fighting games!

Will try later to play online and to not suck to much...

Thread Tools