• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Podge293
(05-16-2017, 12:57 PM)

Originally Posted by JustSomeone

Did anyone find any deals for this?
I can't find it on GMG/wingamestore

I'll do you a fantastic deal of 19.99 and a bucket of chicken.

they said it's gonna be free last night
Lom1lo
(05-16-2017, 12:58 PM)
Ok for this price Im gonna try it, looked boring in videos tho
Zeta Oni
(05-16-2017, 01:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Zedox

Arena isn't there at launch. It is something that they want to do.

I thought that was out of preview, I'm guessing its still just World of Tanks only?
Barrel Cannon
(05-16-2017, 01:10 PM)
Can't wait to try it out tonight. Time to dust of my XB1
KageMaru
(05-16-2017, 01:19 PM)
Seeing how it's still not up in the Xbox store, I'm guessing MS no longer updates the store at around 5am EST. =/ Come on Microsoft, flip the switch and give us the game!
Theorry
(05-16-2017, 01:20 PM)

Originally Posted by KageMaru

Seeing how it's still not up in the Xbox store, I'm guessing MS no longer updates the store at around 5am EST. =/ Come on Microsoft, flip the switch and give us the game!

They do. As all those sales go live and new releases. But some they can do manual also. :)
Indelible
(05-16-2017, 01:23 PM)
I remember this game being just okay on the original Xbox, free is a good decision if they want this to have staying power.
Zedox
(05-16-2017, 01:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Zeta Oni

I thought that was out of preview, I'm guessing its still just World of Tanks only?

and KI.

Originally Posted by KageMaru

Some games aren't released until someone presses a button. In this case it would be Adam Isgreen. He used to press the button for KI as well. It will be out today.
KageMaru
(05-16-2017, 01:31 PM)
Thanks guys, hope it goes up soon. I've been waiting since the announcement to play this again.
Crab Milk Mickey
(05-16-2017, 02:13 PM)
One of those rare times I'm actually envious of Xbone / W10 owners. Lucky devils.

Originally Posted by Zeta Oni

Waypoint's The Legacy of Cult Classic 'Phantom Dust'

Small suggestion for an OP edit, but this video is (albeit older) a much better informational introduction to Phantom Dust than Austin Walker's barebones take on it.
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(05-16-2017, 02:28 PM)
Still not up. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I've been waiting forever for this, Microsoft. Give it to me, now! ;___;
Trago
(05-16-2017, 02:34 PM)
It's the 16th, what's the holdup?
Giftofgab24
(05-16-2017, 02:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Trago

It's the 16th, what's the holdup?

It's only 5:35 AM on the coast where Microsoft is located. Let them get some coffee and get into the office first guys and gals.
Trago
(05-16-2017, 02:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Giftofgab24

It's only 5:35 AM on the coast where Microsoft is located. Let them get some coffee and get into the office first guys and gals.

The wait is killing me tho.
Lifeline
(05-16-2017, 03:35 PM)
Was looking through the Windows Store for this and just remembered I bought Gears 4 on PC too and completely forgot about it. Gonna make this a Xbox weekend and power through both games.
jjasso21
(05-16-2017, 03:42 PM)
Awesome deal. Definitely have to get this.
Poodlestrike
Banned
(05-16-2017, 03:43 PM)
Gonna get on this as soon as I get home from work. Can't say no to free.
TaKeRx
(05-16-2017, 03:44 PM)
Standing by MS!! Can't wait! 😁
TechOne
(05-16-2017, 03:49 PM)
Just woke up and it's still not on the store???
Dee Dah Dave
(05-16-2017, 03:54 PM)
Is this game good for someone who isn't really into RPG type games. But can quite like some action orientated 'numbers games' if they have good mechanics?
wwm0nkey
(05-16-2017, 03:54 PM)
What time is the store usually updated?
Oynox
(05-16-2017, 03:55 PM)

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

I think in 2 hours.
Lumination
'enry 'ollins
(05-16-2017, 03:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Dee Dah Dave

Is this game good for someone who isn't really into RPG type games. But can quite like some action orientated 'numbers games' if they have good mechanics?

There are no stats to level up. It's all about building a balanced deck of skills. The numbers games are in the skills' damage, mana cost, cooldown, number of uses, etc.

Give it a try.
Gai Murakumo
Will download when I get back home from work.
Tain

Above all else, it's a good action game with a neat deckbuilding customization layer.
Lumination
'enry 'ollins
(05-16-2017, 03:59 PM)
My only fear is that people get turned off by the slow single player mode. The AI isn't particularly great either. It's less Halo tier campaign and more... Hearthstone innkeeper tier haha.
StoppedInTracks
(05-16-2017, 04:00 PM)
Still not up? It's 4:00 PM here.
deadscreensky
Banned
(05-16-2017, 04:02 PM)

Absolutely. It's not really an RPG outside of maybe the basic campaign flow (you talk to NPCs and get missions from them). The actual combat is fundamentally action. You're dodging, attacking, and moving around like any normal third-person action game.
Jetboxx
(05-16-2017, 04:02 PM)
Finally! The game is a masterpiece. Can't wait to try its multiplayer.
nstine
(05-16-2017, 04:04 PM)

Originally Posted by StoppedInTracks

Still not up? It's 4:00 PM here.

It's only 7am where MS is. That said I'm a bit surprised they didn't flip the switch at midnight so people could already be playing it, but hopefully it won't be much longer before it's up.
YoshiMax
(05-16-2017, 04:06 PM)
We have seen before how they can make titles become available across world regions at appropriate times (I.e 00:01 release day) which makes these even more annoying. It's 3pm in the U.K. now why do we have to wait? Could've appeared on the store when Major announced it and unlocked appropriately across regions. I get it with BC and we know when (if there's anything) Majors Twitter with announce and they'll become available but these ones are a bit frustrating especially if you have poor download speeds.

Bit of an entitled rant for something that's free but I'd like to see them take it onboard.
TheGreenArrow
(05-16-2017, 04:11 PM)
Can't waittttt for this. It was my second most played XBL game after Halo 2.
It's one of the greats.
The Boat
(05-16-2017, 04:13 PM)
Played quite a bit of this on the OG Xbox, but never got around to finishing it, so I'm game!
Empyrean Heaven
(05-16-2017, 04:14 PM)
ANyone have a direct link to the download page? I'm at work and cannot get on my Xbox at the moment, and cannot find the game on xbox.com
ManUtd78
(05-16-2017, 04:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Podge293

I'll do you a fantastic deal of 19.99 and a bucket of chicken.

they said it's gonna be free last night

Just saw it's free no price great news
Zeta Oni
(05-16-2017, 04:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Empyrean Heaven

ANyone have a direct link to the download page? I'm at work and cannot get on my Xbox at the moment, and cannot find the game on xbox.com

Still waiting on that, it's not up on the store yet.

Should be within the hour, hopefully.

Originally Posted by Crab Milk Mickey

One of those rare times I'm actually envious of Xbone / W10 owners. Lucky devils.

Small suggestion for an OP edit, but this video is (albeit older) a much better informational introduction to Phantom Dust than Austin Walker's barebones take on it.

Thanks, I'll add it in.
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(05-16-2017, 05:04 PM)
Here's the list of Achievements

Gonna be interesting to see how many folks hit those no retry ones.
Kssio_Aug
(05-16-2017, 05:08 PM)
Will download it on Windows Store as soon as it shows up. =)
CaptainCook
(05-16-2017, 05:10 PM)
me and an old friend destroyed in this game back in the day. Real excited to see how it holds up.
Reineldinho
(05-16-2017, 05:23 PM)

Originally Posted by TheSeks

Never played the game in he OG Xbox, but those seems VERY difficult. I'm up for a challenge
Stabby McSter
(05-16-2017, 05:23 PM)
oh what it's not out yet? :<

i wanna know how it performs on pc
TheKeyPit
Banned
(05-16-2017, 05:29 PM)
For free? I'll take it.
Hexer06
(05-16-2017, 05:30 PM)

Dam.. I wonder how they'll keep track of that. Like, if I don't get it my first time, does that mean I'll never be able to get the achievement? I'll be pretty upset if so lol.
deadscreensky
Banned
(05-16-2017, 05:35 PM)
I'm definitely worried some of those achievements could require entirely restarted story mode runs. That could be incredibly tedious. Phantom Dust is not a game designed for speedruns!
sixteen-bit
(05-16-2017, 05:40 PM)

I'm curious too. New Game+? lol
Fox Mulder
(05-16-2017, 05:41 PM)

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

Whenever they manually do things, it's not until after noon on the east coast. Lazy left coasters.
Ishmae1
(05-16-2017, 05:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Zedox

In this case it would be Adam Isgreen. He used to press the button for KI as well. It will be out today.

I WISH I controlled that button, but sadly, I do not. It's a distributed system that propagates the title across servers all over the world. I have no idea how it works.

Achievements did pop for me this morning around 7AM Pacific, which means it's likely working its way through the system right now.

Originally Posted by deadscreensky

I'm definitely worried some of those achievements could require entirely restarted story mode runs. That could be incredibly tedious. Phantom Dust is not a game designed for speedruns!

On the no-retry achievements - that just means you can't hit that "retry" button or skip them for the secondary achievement. Exit back to the underground and start the mission again and you can earn the no-retry achievement if you don't die. Honestly, only the final one is the real challenge, which is why it's zero-points (but has a cool concept art award for it!).

Also, if you're new to Phantom Dust, I'd suggest not reading that achievement list - there's some moderate spoilers in there!
Zeta Oni
(05-16-2017, 05:46 PM)
^
deadscreensky
Banned
(05-16-2017, 05:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Ishmae1

On the no-retry achievements - that just means you can't hit that "retry" button or skip them for the secondary achievement. Exit back to the underground and start the mission again and you can earn the no-retry achievement if you don't die. Honestly, only the final one is the real challenge, which is why it's zero-points (but has a cool concept art award for it!).

Also, if you're new to Phantom Dust, I'd suggest not reading that achievement list - there's some moderate spoilers in there!

Oh, excellent. And yeah, I can imagine that last one being rough.

Good advice on not reading the achievements, too.
chronic_archaic
(05-16-2017, 05:52 PM)
Played some games with a friend - think I'll power through the rest of the day so I can get into this right when it drops. Too much hype.