• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Rumor: Nintendo Revealing New Hardware at E3 [Up: MCV + Videogamer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

if anything it will be a new 3DS remodel. They wouldn't want to dilute the Wii U name, for as weak as it is right now

LordOfChaos

Something small. Not time for QoL yet, no way it's a 3DS or Wii U successor...Likely an accessory, or a redesign. I'd love a smaller cheaper wii u gamepad.

oxidax

Probably a Wii U redesign, a 3DS/2DS Redesign? or a tease of the health thingy iwata was talking about...or just nothing.

FAKE EDIT: Or most probably an add on for the Wii U or the 3DS.

New 3DS redesign with two analog sticks, which will be released in the US alongside Monster Hunter 4 or Majora's Mask.

And it'll cost a miiiiiiiillion dollars~

massoluk

Banned
Speaking as a man who very much enjoyed the heavenly kingdom of 2013 3DS library releases, I wouldn't mind a new Nintendo Handheld, not new 3DS revision, new new.

Sami+

Wait so is it Game Revolution or Gamer Evolution

also who are these people because I've never heard of them

Teletraan1

Banned
If I could play digital DS and 3DS games on the WiiU I would already own one. So a device that let me play this on my TV would be ace.

Well, if they're going to announce new hardware at E3, that should be confirmed as part of their year-end results next Wednesday.

However, QOL doesn't seem to be the most natural fit for an E3 reveal, so I guess it could actually be their next handheld?

RPGCrazied

3DS Lite?

Wii U redesign with price drop? I have yet to buy a Wii U, so I'd welcome that. Unless this new Zelda is underwhelming looking/sounding.

As far as what Retro is working on, that’s pretty much anyone’s guess. However, IGN’s Peer Schneider did offer up potential insight during a Nintendo Voice Chat” feature (24:17 mark).
He said, “I’ve heard rumors that Retro’s game is a new brand.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-retro-working-on-new-brand/ (last year's e3)

Move on :p

I was just thinking about that when rending this. After last year I can't take him seriously.

Salsa

I doubt this and I guess it even has to do with the keyword fuck up

if it's something, it's more likely related to the WiiU. No reason for them to touch the 3DS considering they should (and most likely are) focusing on the console that's doing poorly

Actually... it wouldn't be too hard to build a handheld that's literally a portable GamePad. They could even theoretically update Wii U so that the GamePad streaming tech supports Internet transmissions to this new hardware (I believe some teardowns implied that this was a consideration in the current design).

Maybe that's what's coming, as part of the first wave of their new architecture? (Would explain the piss-poor 3DS infrastructure/software support.)

A new SKU of existing hardware. Maybe QOL.

Certainly not a successor to anything. We'd have heard months back if Nintendo had anything of that magnitude to announce.

They got this because of the "new nintendo system" mention in the source code of the E3 Website, didn't they?

No? Peer Schneider says in the OP where his information comes from. It may be bunk, but it's more than what you say.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
IF it is anything, it would probably be a replacement for the OG 3DS which they seem to be phasing out in favour of the 2DS/3DSXL.

Pociask

Well, if they heard from a former employee, AND from an employee of an entirely different company, that's it, proof positive. Thanks IGN for the crack reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom