• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

lazygecko

Looks like they added level requirements to the Trial of Valor transmog sets, which used to didn't have any. Nofunallowed.jpg

At least my hunter twink still has it intact so long as I keep the gear.

Rizzi

Gosh, I sure do appreciate all this useful gear that has versatility and mastery on it.
Yep. Thanks Thaumaturge Vashreen. You fuck.

Fjordson

Gosh, I sure do appreciate all this useful gear that has versatility and mastery on it.
Yep. Thanks Thaumaturge Vashreen. You fuck.
Lmao! I feel your pain breh. I've bought like 8 trinkets and half of them have been versatility stat sticks.

I had a trinket forge up to 935 and got hyped for a few seconds before seeing it was just a versatility dump. So dumb.

There is a good joke that pandaren don't exist and some times, do wonder if they do. Strange since they are "cute" but they don't seem too popular.

Pandaren should be a hero race that just roll from the Wandering Isle into MoP content and Monks should be a hero class. Doesn't make any sense to have Pandas or Monks start all the way back in Vanilla content. Plus they kinda broke Zen Pilgrimage with all of the ability pruning in Legion.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Pandaren should be a hero race that just roll from the Wandering Isle into MoP content and Monks should be a hero class. Doesn't make any sense to have Pandas or Monks start all the way back in Vanilla content. Plus they kinda broke Zen Pilgrimage with all of the ability pruning in Legion.

What do you mean? Isn't it just like Druid portal? It goes to the old location until 100 whereupon it switches to your class hall.

Tarazet

What do you mean? Isn't it just like Druid portal? It goes to the old location until 100 whereupon it switches to your class hall.

If you're leveling as Mistweaver, you don't have Spear Hand Strike anymore, so you can't interrupt their heals. You're also supposed to use Touch of Death at some point, but that is WW only and it doesn't work the same way that it used to, either.

It was mostly problematic leveling a Mistweaver. I really hope they revert some of the changes they made in Legion. Even if Fist-weaving wasn't an overtly obvious or successful thing, the stances made leveling or playing PVE as a Mistweaver so much damned better than it is now.

Every ten levels, after 20?, you can do a Zen Pilgrimage to the Peak of Serenity. There's a brief tutorial where you have to use a specific ability to defeat a master, complete the training and gain an hour long exp boost. Now every spec no longer has the abilities that are required to defeat the master and complete the training because of the ability pruning that happened in 7.0. You can switch specs or brute force if you have heirlooms.

Nokterian

Pandaren Monk is becoming my favorite, love all 3 specs..mistweaver healing is so damn fun and good. Brewmaster tanking is really different and also lots of fun to do, windwalker is playing a 3d fightning game with a combo system.

I love the whole aesthetic of pandarens there inner peace, there joyful good life of eating and drinking, there philosophy that just speaks to me.

That's why Ban-Lu is such an awesome mount, lots of funny but great wisdom.

MoP is so underrated lots of people laughed at it and yet it felt fresh, beautiful landscapes, great music. Legion is now topping as my number one expansion after Wotlk and MoP to me blizzard is really stepping up with class fantasies, some do need some rework like warlock mostly demonology.

But i enjoyed to do all classes on my way to get the last two class mounts warrior and rogue.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It was mostly problematic leveling a Mistweaver. I really hope they revert some of the changes they made in Legion. Even if Fist-weaving wasn't an overtly obvious or successful thing, the stances made leveling or playing PVE as a Mistweaver so much damned better than it is now.

Every ten levels, after 20?, you can do a Zen Pilgrimage to the Peak of Serenity. There's a brief tutorial where you have to use a specific ability to defeat a master, complete the training and gain an hour long exp boost. Now every spec no longer has the abilities that are required to defeat the master and complete the training because of the ability pruning that happened in 7.0. You can switch specs or brute force if you have heirlooms.

Oh yeah, those. Honestly leveling on healer sucks as any class, even though at this point I don't really switch off Mistweaver in the open world, overgear I guess?

Pandaren Monk is becoming my favorite, love all 3 specs..mistweaver healing is so damn fun and good. Brewmaster tanking is really different and also lots of fun to do, windwalker is playing a 3d fightning game with a combo system.

I love the whole aesthetic of pandarens there inner peace, there joyful good life of eating and drinking, there philosophy that just speaks to me.

That's why Ban-Lu is such an awesome mount, lots of funny but great wisdom.

MoP is so underrated lots of people laughed at it and yet it felt fresh, beautiful landscapes, great music. Legion is now topping as my number one expansion after Wotlk and MoP to me blizzard is really stepping up with class fantasies, some do need some rework like warlock mostly demonology.

But i enjoyed to do all classes on my way to get the last two class mounts warrior and rogue.

Not gonna lie monk aesthetics attracted me to the game whereas it was a big turnoff for a lot of old WoW players.
MW 4lyfe.

CassSept

Strangely, the Broken used to use the Tauren male skeleton but were upgraded in 7.3 to fit with the Draenei male one. Hmmm....

To be fair, this has been such a popular request for so many years I wouldn't be that surprised if it happened eventually.

Blues1990

What is the most effective way to generate some moolah as a new player? I started playing recently, and I want to start making fat stacks of cash to convert it into Blizzard currency.

Syf

Banned
What is the most effective way to generate some moolah as a new player? I started playing recently, and I want to start making fat stacks of cash to convert it into Blizzard currency.
I usually grab a gathering profession when I start a new toon and sell the mats on the ah, also the cloth that drops from questing mobs. That can vary by realm but usually a decent return. When you're higher you can start to solo old raids for easy gold, and it's super easy to make gold in Legion through world quests and hall missions. Playing the auction house can pay off big time if you learn what to look for too. How far along are you?

Nokterian

Also I got two legendaries today and both are good. This new shammy of mine is blessed.

I got lucky with my shammy having the legendary golves that can cause ascendance for 10 sec when spending maelstrom. And it triggers a lot as enhancement..i love enhancement these days.

Resubbed after not playing for a few months, got the legendary head piece for shammy, same thing happened a few months ago when I resubbed and got the legendary hand piece the same day lol.

So I have the Hands/Head/Wrist legendaries so far.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are relics always a priority to upgrade?

Let's say my relics are at 895 and i have some other gear at 880. Which should I upgraded first with my Veiled Argunites?

Rizzi

I went for relics first on my priest, but I keep getting world quests on argus that reward 890 relics quite often. I'd say going for the rest of your gear first.

Finaj

Marlamin, a pretty significant dataminer from MMO-Champion, just posted this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lation-thread/page627?p=47398143#post47398143

" Warning, speculation ahead

In 7.3.2, Blizzard shipped 104 files behind a new encryption key (the Silithus stuff is under a different key). Not uncommon, but the unusually large amount and the fact we weren't able to instantly guess a few files behind it got me curious as to what it hides.

Together with some friends, we've managed to get a pretty good overview on what it blocks from view.

- A mount called raptormount_v2 with 37 new sounds.
- A mount, probably a horse. Possibly named Seabraid Stallion. Likely still WIP so unable to confirm name.
- A new battle pet named Tottle. It uses some existing Goren sounds and has ~47 new (still encrypted) files including sounds

Start of speculation

A new raptor mount is very interesting and the possibility of it being combined with a horse (especially one being named Seabraid Stallion) makes it all the more interesting when taken in the same context of Blizzard removing Kul Tiras and Zandalar filenames in 7.3.
My theory right now is that these are CE mounts (and maybe a pet) that'll be unlocked sometime during the lifetime of 7.3.2, maybe with digital prepurchase for the new expansion CE going up sometime after BlizzCon when they expect 7.3.2 to still be on live.

End of speculation

In conclusion: *Mind Blown*"

erawsd

These audio stories Blizzard has done for this expac have been so god damn good. I hope its something they keep up in future expacs. It is weird that they waited so long to release this one since it does add some needed context to the Argus campaign, particularly the stuff with Alleria.

Syf

Banned
How?
Tell me your secrets.
Did a lot of raids yesterday, one dropped from LFR ToS and the other from heroic EN

These audio stories Blizzard has done for this expac have been so god damn good. I hope its something they keep up in future expacs. It is weird that they waited so long to release this one since it does add some needed context to the Argus campaign, particularly the stuff with Alleria.
Yeah I love them too

Nokterian

I was doing Hellfire Citadel with my 2 friends yesterday(3 in total) on mythic difficulty, and when we looted the first boss, there were 5-6 drops. Each subsequent boss(We got up to Killrogg) also dropped a full set of loot.

Sweet so getting transmog is easier on old raid content.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I was doing Hellfire Citadel with my 2 friends yesterday(3 in total) on mythic difficulty, and when we looted the first boss, there were 5-6 drops. Each subsequent boss(We got up to Killrogg) also dropped a full set of loot.

did the group leader change loot settings?

Pretty sure if you solo the old dungeons it's still personal loot. Haven't tried any raids solo yet

did the group leader change loot settings?

Pretty sure if you solo the old dungeons it's still personal loot. Haven't tried any raids solo yet

So for the first boss, I didn't change loot settings, I looted the chest, found nothing, but when my friend looted it I got the 4 pop ups of rolling. After that I changed to group loot and we still kept getting the pop ups.

I dunno if it's an undocumented change, or if HFC glitched out on me, but yeah.

Blues1990

I usually grab a gathering profession when I start a new toon and sell the mats on the ah, also the cloth that drops from questing mobs. That can vary by realm but usually a decent return. When you're higher you can start to solo old raids for easy gold, and it's super easy to make gold in Legion through world quests and hall missions. Playing the auction house can pay off big time if you learn what to look for too. How far along are you?

I only just started. I picked the Alliance, and I went with a Human Paladin so that I can Tank, DPS, and Heal in equal measure.

Like in any MMO, I'd assume mining/crafting weapons and armour would be a good start, but I'm down for any suggestions.

Syf

Banned
I only just started. I picked the Alliance, and I went with a Human Paladin so that I can Tank, DPS, and Heal in equal measure.

Like in any MMO, I'd assume mining/crafting weapons and armour would be a good start, but I'm down for any suggestions.
Okay. Yeah honestly I wouldn't worry too much about making the big money until you're higher level, just because it becomes far easier then. For now sell the mats you harvest and vendor your junk, and try to make enough money to cover your expenses while leveling, like mount & flying training and buying bigger bags. Leveling a profession will pay off eventually too. If you're willing to use an addon, I also use one that scans the auction house for item values. There's some BoE (bind on equip) items that could drop while you're leveling that actually have really good value on the auction house because people want them for transmogs.

Azzurri

wuu9fy1jpwnz.png

Posted on Reddit. Probably Bullshit, but OMFG if this ends up being true. User who originally posted had a Blizzard email.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/728b7a/this_was_removed_instantly_user_account_had/

Top Bottom