• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam sometimes reports a high unpack time because it's actually updating the data. The timer will drop once the data has been updated and is being unpacked.

Edit: And done. Roughly 22 minutes all up.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah alright, I guess I can live with that.

theres many hud elements you can toggle off aswell and lots of graphics toggles too (even consoles have fov sliders and CA toggles too)

Nzyme32

it only speeds you up IF you do a glory kill.

is it THAT hard to read?

That's only one of the runes "Blood Fueled 1". You get other upgrades that allow faster movement / agility. From the single player video:

Suit
"Dexterity - Switch Weapons Faster"
"Quick Hands - Grab Ledges Faster"
"Hot Swap - Swap Weapon Mods Faster"

Runes
"Savegry 1 - Perform Glory Kills Faster"

All in all, you are generally slower without the upgrades and runes - which is a problem if you aren't keen on the speed of the game from the get go, till you can actually get them

Ill wait for a steam sale to get it. As it stands there's already too much to play, and the game, while pretty,doesnt seem like it will have much depth to it from what they have shown so far.
I hope they prove me wrong though.

Putosaure

Do we know if corpses disappear after a while ? (or immediatly)
I watched the nvidia PC footage and it's just so fast I can't see.

tesqui

I'm using vyprvpn and every time I log into steam it's still not unlocked. Am I missing a step? I logged out of mobile too.

ObiDin

Maybe it's my lack of caffeine but what do you mean? Most FPS games on consoles use the right stick for aiming.

Yeah, forgive my sarcasm. The person playing in the video was having quite a hard time using the right thumbstick, almost stubbornly refusing to and trying to strafe everyone to death. Kinda hard to imagine someone having that hard a time using a controller nowadays.

dlauv

I'm using vyprvpn and every time I log into steam it's still not unlocked. Am I missing a step? I logged out of mobile too.

Close Steam on everything, open your vpn and set it to AUS, open Steam back up. Those are the only steps.

Yeah, forgive my sarcasm. The person playing in the video was having quite a hard time using the right thumbstick, almost stubbornly refusing to and trying to strafe everyone to death. Kinda hard to imagine someone having that hard a time using a controller nowadays.

Ohhh ok yeah, sorry haha. Video was hard to watch in that regard. Person kept meleeing when they refused to aim hehe

JaseC

It seems there was some miscommunication regarding the Ultra Nightmare graphics preset. There is no such preset (Ultra is the highest), but a couple of options -- namely shadow quality and virtual texture page size -- do go beyond Ultra to Nightmare.

Cmagus

Pre-ordered on PSN, the campaign looks really good and like a lot of fun. I checked out the trophies as well and they aren't very multiplayer heavy which I like.

Nzyme32

It seems there was some miscommunication regarding the Ultra Nightmare graphics preset. There is no such preset (Ultra is the highest), but a couple of options -- namely shadow quality and virtual texture page size -- do go beyond Ultra to Nightmare.

Could it be something held off for the Vulkan renderer?

Edit - Also, stop chatting and get that Performance thread up!

Well, that's highly disappointing...

JaseC

Could it be something held off for the Vulkan renderer?

Edit - Also, stop chatting and get that Performance thread up!

Icecold made one back during the beta. He has, to be perfectly frank, a recent history of making rather useless PC perf. threads just so he can beat me to the punch. I mean, this is the OP for the Far Cry Primal thread:

I don't mean to imply that I'm King of All PC Performance Threads of Games That Are on Steam, but if you're going to make one, at least put in a similar amount of effort.

King Al B

I am very sad, i dont have a PS4 or Xbone to play this on. My PC is an i5 760 with a nVidia gtx465, so there is probably no chance my PC can handle Doom?

RyanW

Wasn't really crazy about this game when playing the beta. Maybe that'll change with all of the maps and modes in. Really looking forward to playing SP though. Gonna have to pre-load this when I get home from work later.

I can't freaking wait for this. I won't be able to really play until Sunday. But I am so pumped.
kvDzO9w.jpg
This got an audible laugh, unexpected too. Hilarious!

So arenas are the main aspect of the games design? Like the times in between the arenas are just like "break" periods?

Yeah, they're sorta the main aspect, but they're integrated really well. Even when you're fighting through hallways, etc. you'll find ways to flank your enemies and constantly keep moving.

So maybe arena isn't the right word, since that conjures up images of hunkering down into a corner and staying there. You're constantly on the move.

OBias

DOOM is so fast it's a racing car now: https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/doom-races-to-the-indianapolis-500/2016/05/12/116

DOOM is all about speed. With its relentless, push-forward combat, you’ve gotta to keep moving – or you die. On May 29, DOOM will put that speed to a different kind of test when it heads to the 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 with a DOOM-inspired car competing in the race. The DOOM car will make its debut on May 14 – the day after the game’s worldwide launch – at the Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis.

A little bit of footage of the car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVUrej702W0

Surprised more people haven't gotten it early. I've played the first 4-5 levels and I'm really liking it so far. A visceral experience that, whilst being considerably different to the originals, definitely has Doom's DNA.

I'd play more but I have a splitting headache and 60fps doesn't exactly help!

jet1911

Is the SP as good as The New Order? I'm playing that right now and it's really good and if DOOM singleplayer is in the same vein IMll probably buy it this weekend.

dlauv

Now, is it unwise to play the game in VPN? Does it matter at all?

Would going out of VPN take away my game access now that I've played it?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
135be31c95c10c7ae21606db68b1d883.jpg

Denuvo confirmed.

Hardly a problem.thers been no performance costs related to it. Everything has beeb poorly created rumors or terribad ports like lords of fallen

Its good because most pirates cabt crack it for considerable amount off time if ever

Top Bottom