• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken PC Coming, Console Release Mar 6 [Like ME3/XCOM/Ghost Recon]

Release Date March 6 NA and March 9 in EU
PC and Vita versions are being developed. No release date yet.

Special Edition
Capcom-Unity
97e2e6373d1ba453393fc40aba23ae45.jpg

Today at New York Comic-Con, Street Fighter X Tekken producer Yoshinori Ono revealed a ton of new info, including SFxT’s revolutionary Gem System, an all-new customizable power-up system that creates an exciting way for everyone to experience the Street Fighter and Tekken fighting systems. Choose from dozens of Gems that modify characters’ abilities and stats. Check out the new trailer that sheds light on this new way to experience fighting games.

Prior to the game hitting shelves on March 6 in North America and March 9 in Europe, fans will be able to grab special packs of Gems for pre-ordering at various retailers.

Ono-san also announced the Special Edition of Street Fighter X Tekken for North America, which includes:

- Street Fighter X Tekken game

- Build-It-Yourself Arcade Cabinet Bank (approximately 5”H)

- Exclusive Prequel Comic Book by UDON

- 36 Gems: Includes All Pre-Order Packs Plus An Exclusive Pack

- Pre-Order Bonus: Nine Exclusive Gems Only Available For Pre-Ordering SE

- Total of 45 Gems When You Pre-Order
Street Fighter X Tekken delivers the ultimate tag team match up featuring iconic characters from each franchise, and one of the most robust character line ups in fighting game history. With the addition of new gameplay mechanics, the acclaimed fighting engine from Street Fighter IV has been refined to suit the needs of both Street Fighter and Tekken players alike. Street Fighter X Tekken is headed to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2012, and announced by Ono-san at New York Comic-Con, a PC version that just began development. More details on the PlayStation Vita version and the PC version will be revealed in the future.

Gem System
Official Site Updated
Same Character, Different Fighting Style!
The Gem System is a brand new feature introduced in SFxT. Gems will activate as you fulfill certain conditions in battle, and will give your character a power-up! Even in a same-character battle, abilities will vary depending on the types of Gems that have been equipped! Create your own fighting style that matches your personal preferences.

■Gem Types
There are various different types of Gems. Their effects are designated by color, so in the heat of battle you can see what types of Gems your opponent has set. Players can change their characters' abilities based on their own play-style, meaning you'll never really have a mirror match!

Red Gems increase attack power!
system_jem01.gif

Yellow Gems increase defense!
system_jem02.gif

Green Gems provide a speed boost!
system_jem03.gif

■Activation Conditions
Gems have many different activation conditions. There are Gem types that do not fall into the categories explained above!

Activates as you attack!
system_jem04.gif

..And there are Gems that activate as you are attacked!
system_jem05.gif

Gems that activate as you connect with a special move!
system_jem06.gif

Videos
Panel

Interview

Trailer

Gameplay

Teaser 1

Teaser 2

Teaser 3

Rufus Debut

Pictures
00cfe0e7694ede39f2e4199efc94e1d6.jpg

b52c6a6acf1bc8a533cf93b3616589c2.jpg

0db8aa8950d36e2e99dab6b3d26a7311.jpg

3a4d5a6181d348648bc0514eeb06808f.jpg

39ff6188a43c5c7a4cb98f1fd057a51c.jpg

137fce17f40b09ae7f822bc31942270a.jpg

831da7ae235e6d433075ad6c0ffc6e1b.jpg

2j1l79d.jpg

Calcaneus said:
I still can't tell if this game looks awesome or terrible visually, I hope they touch it up before release.
Game looks a lot better in person(Played it at Fightclub LA few weeks ago). It's definitely just a glossier, colorful version of SFIV with more imaginative backgrounds visually. I do like the more dynamic camera angles though on throws for instance.

TGMIII

"autoblock & auto throw escape gems Audience is booing"

What in the holy fuck is this shit. Really capcom?
Guess I'll just wait for the revision which nerf/removes them.

Ferrio said:
It really looks like it might be the best capcom fighting game in a long time IMO.
It was, then they made it so you can't cancel specials form chained normal combos, then added Pandora and now Gems.

Now it looks like the worst.

My question is if the gem system is for competitive versus mode or if its just a part of the single player game a la the world tour mode in Alpha 3 home versions. If I remember right, you could unlock and equip an Autoblock ability in that too.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Street Fighter X Tekken X One of Everything EVAR

Next up: Goldfish Mode where you select a helper goldfish before a match and depending on the color of the fish:

1. Gold = random instant 5 bar super charge

2 Red = enemy team randomly can't recover life while tagged out

3 Green = Ono randomly pops out from the corner, laughs, and one player is instantly knocked out and the match goes to the other guy.

voodoopanda said:
My question is if the gem system is for competitive versus mode or if its just a part of the single player game a la the world tour mode in Alpha 3 home versions.
I was hoping it be a side mode as well then I read this bit of an interview with Seth Killian

Q: Are gems a handicap system?

A: What do you mean?

Q: Are they just to give new players a leg-up, or will they be used in tournaments?

A: Tournament players will want to use them.

Q: Do you earn more gems by playing the game?

A: TBD

How the hell would tournaments use these things? Give a player time to set up his gems? I don't like it.

Lothars

FallingEdge said:
rofl. You guys act like this game was going to be any good to begin with.
It will be.

Moaradin said:
SF x T and Mass Effect 3 are actually coming out on the same day. Pretty insane.

Damn It's worth it though, I will be buying both day one.

I don't see a reason why the PC version shouldn't launch alongside the console ones.

That said it will probably be six months late just because.

Glad to hear there's a PC version in the works.

ShockingAlberto said:
I don't see a reason why the PC version shouldn't launch alongside the console ones.

That said it will probably be six months late just because.

And six months after that they will likely release: Hyper Street Fighter X Tekken for consoles.

Oh well at least we're getting fighting games for PC. Baby steps.

TP

Exclusive gems in the Special Edition

-36 Gems: Includes All Pre-Order Packs Plus An Exclusive Pack

- Pre-Order Bonus: Nine Exclusive Gems Only Available For Pre-Ordering SE

oh dear

Ferrio

Banned
Exclusive preorder gems? ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh. Way to ruin a great game. If the gem system can't be disabled, this game is DOA.

Top Bottom