• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things season 2 Comic-Con Trailer

bitbydeath

I know the kids were just dressing up for Halloween but that is the atmosphere and vibe I had wanted from a new Ghostbusters movie.

Not the chick flick shlock we got.

Loxley

Having the kids play Dragon's Lair - of all the arcade games they could have gone with - is a great choice as well. It's in-keeping with the fact that they're a bunch of D&D nerds.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I know the kids were just dressing up for Halloween but that is the atmosphere and vibe I had wanted from a new Ghostbusters movie.

Not the chick flick shlock we got.

In ten years when the kids are all grown up Sony can cast them in yet another reboot of the Ghostbusters franchise.

tumblr_otkesp95SE1qmp5efo1_500.jpg

Poster reminds me of this image

I was worried this would be a try hard shitty sequel to the original, but goddamn it looks like they're going to pull it off. That trailer gave me chills man. So fucking good.

Having the kids play Dragon's Lair - of all the arcade games they could have gone with - is a great choice as well. It's in-keeping with the fact that they're a bunch of D&D nerds.

Seeing that was a surreal experience because I didn't expect it. I (and many others) lived that exact moment. I didn't feel nostalgia it was more like viewing a time warp into my childhood!

I don't know for sure, but I suspect it might be this one?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCSOLt9KkY

Only came out a few months ago, which is a bit more of a coincidence given this trailer. Hope it is this one, because it's a free download on the remixer's SoundCloud.

Nah. This one isn't it. It was probably custom made specifically for the trailer.

Edit:

Here's one that's a decent rip and clean up from the trailer itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byFv5AGzOd8 Volume seems to modulate a bit.

Then there's this one, which is an edit of the original track to be similar to the trailer version: https://youtu.be/nlSCAN_dm0c

HStallion

Kind of surprised the trailer only has 10 million views but then I compared that to Facebooks version and that has 53 million. That was more what I was expecting.

hydruxo

We're getting close! ST Twitter posted a new poster yesterday also:

They also teased after posting it that there'd be more "surprises very soon", and since we're coming up on a month until S2, I'd imagine a new trailer is incoming. Maybe even next week.

i came to this thread thinking that was a new trailer; i almost completely forgot about it but i'm happy to know that the season is right around the corner!

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Watching this gave me a thought. Why hasn't a show come about like American Horror Story where each season is a different adaptation of a HP Lovecraft story? Seems like a no brainer.

Anyways, can't wait for ST season 2!

blakep267

I finally caught up to watching season 1. Everybody keep raving about it but I just chalked it up to hype gone wild. The thing that stuck out to me the most was the production values and directing. They were absolutely top notch. Where as a lot of these shows don't have that at all

Also maybe it's just me but I don't see all the hype around Eleven and the praise she gets. She wa kinda just there and I was expecting her to blow me away going from everything I've heard

Pumped for season 2 though

HStallion

Watching this gave me a thought. Why hasn't a show come about like American Horror Story where each season is a different adaptation of a HP Lovecraft story? Seems like a no brainer.

Anyways, can't wait for ST season 2!

There is an anthology series based on Lovecraft's works coming out in the future. Not much info on it yet.

hydruxo

I finally caught up to watching season 1. Everybody keep raving about it but I just chalked it up to hype gone wild. The thing that stuck out to me the most was the production values and directing. They were absolutely top notch. Where as a lot of these shows don't have that at all

Also maybe it's just me but I don't see all the hype around Eleven and the praise she gets. She wa kinda just there and I was expecting her to blow me away going from everything I've heard

Pumped for season 2 though

Can't agree with that at all. Millie Bobby Brown put in a great performance with a character who doesn't talk much. Her facial expressions and the emotions she displayed were incredible. Especially for a child actor. She was fantastic and deserves all the praise she gets.

Top Bottom