• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"A SINGLE aspect kept me from loving this game"

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
-Difficulty - Limited health capacity failed to scale to overpowered normal enemies and bosses with impossible patterns to memorize made it the most difficult game I played and made it difficult to get immersed in the world. If it had an easy mode.

Sethos

Banned
I actually really enjoyed GTA IV the first time I played it but I will never go back to play it again because I never want to deal with the cellphone calls and the relationship management, again.

Just disable it in the cellphone, that's what I did for my last 3 playthroughs. Then you can still go start missions when it's disabled. Then you just gotta work it in to your routine to disable it once and awhile.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Controls

The game is sooo good but hte controls are sooo bad.

I think the controls are phenomenal, but you need a couple things to make it ideal.

1) a full pen-sized stylus so your hand doesn't cramp up.
2) turn the sensitivity to full, and the drift to zero.
3) ???
4) Profit. Kid Icarus is now playable, doesn't cause cramps, and is awesome.

Sothpaw

Diablo 2: Permanent stats/skills (until recently but it's too late)
Planescape Torment: Combat
The Witcher: Combat
The Witcher 2: Combat
Kingdoms of Amalur: Bioshock easy
Skyrim: Skill usage based leveling system
Metroid Prime 3: Motion Controls
Dragon Age PC: Dungeons too long
League of Legends: Baby art
Icewind Dale 2: I understand combat is the point of the game, but they over did it with the groups of monsters at every. single. turn.

The ultimate "come at me, bro"

The hammer falls. If you want a real answer:

62-capture_29012011_105736.png

linko9

-Difficulty - Limited health capacity failed to scale to overpowered normal enemies and bosses with impossible patterns to memorize made it the most difficult games I played and made it difficult to get immersed in the world. If it had an easy mode.

That is one complaint I've never heard leveled at that game. I'd urge you to give the game another try, perhaps searching out more heart pieces or whatnot. Honestly, if you give it a bit of time, the game becomes quite easy after a short while.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
-Difficulty - Limited health capacity failed to scale to overpowered normal enemies and bosses with impossible patterns to memorize made it the most difficult games I played and made it difficult to get immersed in the world. If it had an easy mode.

Someone wants an easy mode for...Zelda?

Is there something radically different about the 3DS version of OoT?

Zekes!

Huh? Can't you just restart a save before the fight? I did that on the SNES ver and grinded for hours in other battles to take him on. Toughest fight evar.

What SNES version?

On topic, I can't think of a game where a singular aspect turned me off from the game

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Someone wants an easy mode for...Zelda?

Is there something radically different about the 3DS version of OoT?

I played all the way through the 3DS version and played through the N64 version multiple times. The 3DS version is no harder.

LiK

Really? Combat was super easy when I played it as a kid. It was the puzzles that we're tough, imo

Ice Mage

Neo Member
The Kingdom Hearts games. I like most things about them, but... the fighting mechanics somehow feel extremely clunky to me. I'm currently playing through KH1 and they're nearly ruining it for me.

borderlands on ps3.

L2-R2 for aiming and shooting.

Way to make your game nearly unplayable on a platform guys...

Bought some of those stick on triggers for the DS3 just for that game.

Final Fantasy Tactics

29-capture_29012011_104241.png

THIS BULLSHIT FIGHT.

Fuck man. I have to admit something, I was like 14 when this game came out and I got to this fight. I died sooooo much I cried out of frustration. Then I finally beat him by absolute fucking luck. Ramzaish only had 15HP when I beat Wiegraf

thetrin

Also, Half Life 2.

It's not Valve's fault. I'm one of the unfortunate that gets motion sickness from that and a handful of other games.

Have you ever been able to solve it by fooling around with a game's FOV? I've heard low FOV can induce motion sickness in some people.

Dylan

Super Mario Galaxy: Charles Martinet's voice in the intro is so loud! It got to the point where I would mute my TV every time I turned the game on.

McNum

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Global Time Limit -OR- Crippled Save System.
Pick one, but only one. MM chose both.

Sky Chief

-Little big Planet- (both)
A dream concept, vibrant?whimsical? user generated content? played both returned both.
Physics: i just can't get over the jump physics, i'm glad it has a huge following but the floaty jump physics will ensure i can never enjoy all it has to offer.

LBP is a good one, I have the same feelings but I still enjoyed the games overall

Mine is MGS3. It is a fantastic game but all the stuff you had to do in the menu; healing, eating, camo, etc... was just a pain in the ass and really took away from my overall enjoyment.

Myriadis

I remember a lack of save points killed this game for me.

Oh yeah, and this. Level 2. A level that is incredibly huge and just has two save points that even aren't so easy to find.

-Difficulty - Limited health capacity failed to scale to overpowered normal enemies and bosses with impossible patterns to memorize made it the most difficult game I played and made it difficult to get immersed in the world. If it had an easy mode.

Still having problems after nearly a year? I mean you don't have any problems with Wind Waker and especially Oracle of Ages/Seasons, which were quite challenging 2D Zeldas, so why Ocarina of Time? Especially since every fairy you catch heals you fully once you die?
You also mentioned that you didn't get the Z-Targeting mechanic in OoT 3DS - but before that, in June 2010, you played Wind Waker and claimed that it is your favorite Zelda game.
I guess you're trolling. Except you're talking about the N64 one, that would make more sense, and you should try it again, especially after "being trained" by Wind Waker. It just doesn't make sense then that you're talking about OoT3D, which was released after Wind Waker.

Really? Combat was super easy when I played it as a kid. It was the puzzles that we're tough, imo

I didnt have much issue with many of the puzzles it was mainly just the combat really. Heart capacity only seemed to be extended at boss fights, bosses could wipe out 3-4 hearts, enemies could chip off a lot and if youve lost your shield, well, the only strategy I could use against many of them was throwing Din's Fire consecutively.Quite sure I went shieldless (after some enemy ate it?) until the mirror one was given. They also never said how I could get to buying more items that seemed to cost more than the amount of rupees I could hold in a bag. Though it was my first Zelda.

Ein Bear

Having just re-played it again in the HD Collection, I still think the yellow orbs system in Devil May Cry is a fucking terrible idea.

It's a game with a deep combat system, yet you're actively discouraged you from experimenting with it since you only get a limited amount of continues. It's an artifical way of increasing the difficulty, and completely against the spirit of the game. Want to try out some cool combos on a boss? Nah, if it doesn't work you'll wind up losing half an hour's progress, best just to spam Air Raid.

linko9

I didnt have much issue with many of the puzzles it was mainly just the combat really. Heart capacity only seemed to be extended at boss fights, bosses could wipe out 3-4 hearts, enemies could chip off a lot and if youve lost your shield, well, the only strategy I could use against many of them was throwing Din's Fire consecutively.Quite sure I went shieldless (after some enemy ate it?) until the mirror one was given. They also never said how I could get to buying more items that seemed to cost more than the amount of rupees I could hold in a bag. Though it was my first Zelda.

That enemy that ate you shield is called a Like-Like. If you kill it, you get your shield back. Also you can buy a new shield. Again, you can extend your life by getting heart pieces, they're scattered all around the game. You've just got a to explore a little. Bosses do not take off 4 hearts at a time until very late in the game. You can get larger wallets. I guess if you don't want to explore at all or deviate from the main quest, you make the game a bit harder for yourself.

KAOz

Short bus special
borderlands on ps3.

L2-R2 for aiming and shooting.

Way to make your game nearly unplayable on a platform guys...

Bought some of those stick on triggers for the DS3 just for that game.

Really?

Really? Did you not check the Controller Options. You could change it in there to set it to L1-R1.
Would've been much cheaper. :p

EGM1966

Human Revolution : Boss fights

GTA IV : Cell Phone

Thief 3 : the hobbled level sizes due to trying to fit the thing onto Xbox

Silent Hill 4 : the unkillable enemies (it just became annoying rather than unsettling)

Oppo

Every game without a jump button

Lack of a jump button.

Ah, too bad you missed the Batman: Arkham and Assassin's Creed games, they're neat.

For me: Resident Evil 4 +. I don't really need to state the problem do I?

elcapitan

I still loved the game, but those boss fights were the only thing that kept the game from being my goty (Deus Ex: HR).

And any time a game doesn't let me invert (Homecoming). I still beat the game, I just never touched the y-axis.

LeleSocho

Banned
I think the controls are phenomenal, but you need a couple things to make it ideal.

1) a full pen-sized stylus so your hand doesn't cramp up.
2) turn the sensitivity to full, and the drift to zero.
3) ???
4) Profit. Kid Icarus is now playable, doesn't cause cramps, and is awesome.

Sorry I've tried everything... the controls are still awful.
Leaving apart the fact that without stand you play at 50% of your capabilities but that's more the console's ergonomic problem.

Top Bottom