• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Lain

I can say 1 nice thing about 7.2. Now I'm not left with PvP enabled when going back to my PvE server after joining a personalized group that was created on a PvP one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not usually one to pull the 'lazy' card

but the only april's fools thing this year being patch notes after years of some of the best, notorious april fools is lazy.

cdyhybrid

Not usually one to pull the 'lazy' card

but the only april's fools thing this year being patch notes after years of some of the best, notorious april fools is lazy.

Fine with me.

April Fool's is dumb as hell. Especially right now. Last thing we need to be doing is encouraging people to spread bullshit.

Fjordson

What exactly is the Sentinax event for? As far as I can tell it's just a bunch of demons, no bosses or anything. Is it just for nethershard farming? And if so, why is it impossible to tag anything? Everything out of the portals turns grey for me immediately.

Pretty confused about it overall lol.

cdyhybrid

What exactly is the Sentinax event for? As far as I can tell it's just a bunch of demons, no bosses or anything. Is it just for nethershard farming? And if so, why is it impossible to tag anything? Everything out of the portals turns grey for me immediately.

Pretty confused about it overall lol.

Nethershard farming. There are bosses, but you need a specific item to spawn them - and if you spawn one of the bosses, the portals will close and the farming ends until the Sentinax recharges.

So don't spawn the bosses :p

Try and find a portal that isn't camped on the fringes of the area or join a group.

Tarazet

If there's one thing Blizzard can do, it's catch-up mechanics. I dinged 110 on a Resto Druid that used to be my main yesterday, stayed in that spec all day. By the end of 10 hours I was 838 equipped and had 36 points in the healer weapon.

Apparently the death grip horribly animation change didn't go through, happy days, Death grip has one of the most perfect animations in the game. I don't trush blizz to not fuck it up if they try to improve it so just don't touch it at all.

Is it worth starting from scratch with a trial on Battle.net or is buying Legion the best way to get into WoW?

Try the trial either way.

Why would you not, for all you know the game might no gel with at all so try it before putting any money down.

If you like it you can get the base game set and legion later.

Dunno if anyone noticed this but theres a new thing on the Darkmoon Island. Theres a new path that leads to a cave thats covered in rocks and thats it for now

Jag

This expansion is going to be an absolute nightmare for completionists that skipped it. And that won't even be counting some RNG stuff that likely won't even be available.

Each class mount requires Exalted with Armies of Legionfall to start the questline. So that will be fun.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Each class mount requires Exalted with Armies of Legionfall to start the questline. So that will be fun.

Wait, didn't they remove/change that to just needing to complete the 11 week story quest chain or whatever?

I know they lowered the pathfinder achieve from exalted to revered, but I thought I saw the class mount thing somewhere....

This expansion is going to be an absolute nightmare for completionists that skipped it. And that won't even be counting some RNG stuff that likely won't even be available.

They should not remove stuff that's gated entirely by RNG once the next expansion comes out. I'm still waiting for the exploding sheep to randomly appear in the mage order hall to begin the next part of the hidden artifact quest chain. At this rate I don't expect it's ever going to proc.

Fjordson

Managed to get a decent Nethershard farm group and am up to 12k now. Still think the whole system is kinda weird, though. At one point two groups starting fighting over a pair of portals so in anger some dude kept spawning the bosses to interrupt eveyone's farming.

I don't get why Blizz went with this oddly strict tagging system. Should just be able to roll up and help out people around you kill stuff like any other zone.

cdyhybrid

The Nethershard system is danger close to becoming a mobile F2P gacha game. Farm up those points for a chance for something desirable.

I think they were trying to implement a WOW version of Diablo's Blood Shards as an RNG hedge, but the problem is that Blood Shards drop from the primary endgame activities.

Nethershards only drop (in a reasonable amount) from a very specific mob farm with a ton of issues.

In short, make Nethershards drop elsewhere or make them easier to get.

The idea is decent but the implementation is massively shitty. Think of how many different ways you could get Timeless Coins and Apexis.

Think of all the ways you can get Nethershards.

Fjordson

The idea is decent but the implementation is massively shitty. Think of how many different ways you could get Timeless Coins and Apexis.

Think of all the ways you can get Nethershards.
Yeah, that's my problem with it so far. Only way to farm them is if you find a decent group. And even if you do find one, you better hope the server isn't too high pop due to the tagging system and singular location.

Lomax

I wonder why the longer, more repetitious tasks aren't account wide.

When Legion first launched it seemed likely virtually nothing was account wide. Rather than embracing alts and account wide progress the Blizz dev team seemed to double down on single character progression and forced repetition, it's quite annoying. Things have improved somewhat with patches but at this point everything that can be account wide, should be account wide and there's no good excuse for it not to be.

Metroidvania

When Legion first launched it seemed likely virtually nothing was account wide. Rather than embracing alts and account wide progress the Blizz dev team seemed to double down on single character progression and forced repetition, it's quite annoying. Things have improved somewhat with patches but at this point everything that can be account wide, should be account wide and there's no good excuse for it not to be.

For stuff like Balance of Power, my cynicism says that Blizz is holding out like this to try and keep the hamster wheel going for people who have alts to make more 'check boxes' to try and hit before they tire themselves out or stop playing because they've 'done it all' - similar to changing the AP grind to be almost impossible to actually finish, rather than being 'done' at 54 traits for a spec (something which people had already accomplished before 7.2 hit)

They'll probably change stuff like that it if/when subs start dropping precipitously, or if enough people actually legit organize and make their displeasure known, rather than the random rabble-rousing.

Stuff like the 100 dungeons for the hidden artifact skin probably isn't ever going to change until the pre-patch for the next xpac hits, though. Or even later. Going off all the class fantasy talk, they want you to have a 'story' with each character

cdyhybrid

Real answer:

Blizz is holding out like this to try and keep the hamster wheel going for people who have alts to make more 'check boxes' to try and hit before they tire themselves out or stop playing because they've 'done it all'

Blizzard answer:

they want you to have a 'story' with each character

"I grinded Heroic dungeons I overgeared by 50 item levels for two weeks straight carrying some of the worst players imaginable for this artifact skin."

What a story!

Jag

Yeah, that's my problem with it so far. Only way to farm them is if you find a decent group. And even if you do find one, you better hope the server isn't too high pop due to the tagging system and singular location.

I think they are going to open up more ways to get them. They have too. Right?

Magnus

Is it conceivable to get flying this week? I think invasions will start, and it'll probably be possible to get all four within a couple of days, and between those and a little grinding, that should be enough rep to get to Revered, I hope?

Metroidvania

Is it conceivable to get flying this week? I think invasions will start, and it'll probably be possible to get all four within a couple of days, and between those and a little grinding, that should be enough rep to get to Revered, I hope?

Depends on how lucky you've been with the reputation item drops from mobs, how much rep each invasion grants, and how many invasions show up during the time period (and whether or not there's a cap on rep from invasions on either a daily or weekly basis)

IIRC someone said 1500 rep per invasion based on the PTR, so theoretically, with Darkmoon Faire, you'll get more than enough with dailies, the weekly class hall quest for rep, and legion invasions IF an invasion is available every day, and it's still 1500 rep.

At the very least, IIRC some blue post said it's feasible to get it within 2 weeks.

I think they are going to open up more ways to get them. They have too. Right?

If they don't, Nethershard farming is gonna dry up real quick, and just boil down to groups camping it similar to rares in Tanaan jungle.

Though supposedly, Legion invasions are supposed to give a good amount of nethershards as well.

Corpekata

Banned
I would imagine some will unlock flying this week, though mainly the crowd that's done like every single daily and use darkmoon buffs, is human, etc. I'd imagine most will probably be unlocking it the third week.

uDDcKSr.png

IM NOW A GOD

GAME IS GOOD AGAIN

Equipment Sets : ANGER

Edit: so the mage tower on Sargares is at 99%. It took around 5 1/2 days going at full speed with the presumed Max number of players that would be available because of the patch, and we'll get half that in uptime...interested to see how long it will take for the next one, and the next one, and the next.

Tarazet

Yesterday, resto druid dinged 110, got AK26 and 36 points in weapon. Today, class campaign is complete and ilvl is 850. Seems decently alt friendly to me. Now to run dungeons all day because everyone needs healers.

Equipment Sets : ANGER

Edit: so the mage tower on Sargares is at 99%. It took around 5 1/2 days going at full speed with the presumed Max number of players that would be available because of the patch, and we'll get half that in uptime...interested to see how long it will take for the next one, and the next one, and the next.

If I was there, it would've been at 100%.

I've taken a huge break from WoW :(

Broken Shore isn't total shit, there's a World Quest where Daglop summons you to slay yet another demon for him/it.

Also, Sentinax farming reminds me of grouping to grind out and farm WoD reps in the garrison daily blue bar areas. Just not something I want to even do.

mclem

Broken Shore isn't total shit, there's a World Quest where Daglop summons you to slay yet another demon for him/it.

Speaking of which, I only realised recently that Daglop has special text if you summon him with the toy on a character who hasn't done the quest yet. That's good attention to detail.

Dark Link

Assassination Rogue one was a disappointment and if you happen to have the legendary pants, Will of Valeera, it becomes a total joke.

Sölf

Also, Sentinax farming reminds me of grouping to grind out and farm WoD reps in the garrison daily blue bar areas. Just not something I want to even do.

The Daglop Quest is great. :D

I don't know about Sentinax. It's a giant, mindless grind, but so far I actually like it. Might be because of the presentation where it actually feels like an endless army is attacking. But let's see how long until I don't like it anymore. I absolutely hated the Shao-Hao Rep on Timeless Isle. The WoD Apexis areas were cool at the beginning, but got old really fast (mainly because all played the same, unlike previous daily quest hubs which all felt a bit different).

Top Bottom