• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

I wish I recorded it or it was a highlight, but I mid-air slept a nanoboosted Reaper that was jumping off the top main doors of Hanamura A to Death Blossom, then nano'd our Rein as he charged the poor sap.

It was the most beautiful thing I've ever done as Ana.

Jesus, that poor bastard. I guess he's an edgelord, so he's into that kind of thing, but damn.

Sayad

Had a nice win streak yesterday that lasted for about 3 hours, with only one draw in between, stoped playing when the streak ended. The streak survived through a game with one healer, one tank(me) and four DPSs but couldn't survive a Hanzo main. :(

Yager

Banned
Went on a nice 7-1 yesterday solo-q (in fact the match I lost was the last one, so I quit after that lol), playing mostly Mercy except Lucio for 1 game and Soldier in one attack round. Feels good, got to 32XX. I want to end this season as high as possible so maybe I can reach Master next one.

Legacy I saw your message but left just a couple of minutes after it, if you're there today and wanna play let me know.

_Legacy_

With the exception of Zarya, those new skins look garbo to me.

EDIT:
Went on a nice 7-1 yesterday solo-q (in fact the match I lost was the last one, so I quit after that lol), playing mostly Mercy except Lucio for 1 game and Soldier in one attack round. Feels good, got to 32XX. I want to end this season as high as possible so maybe I can reach Master next one.

Legacy I saw your message but left just a couple of minutes after it, if you're there today and wanna play let me know.

Damn, I missed it! Yeah, I was watching Daredevil with my wife earlier. Good run though, almost like the one we had last weekend. I played one solo q game this morning and won so hopefully it's a sign of good things to come today. I also witnessed the Junkrat on my team get a super-sneaky quintuple-kill on Anubis, it was glorious!

Cappa

Banned
I'd rock any of those skins tbh. Especially the Soldier.

Good games ND and Owzers. Felt like all of them were toss ups so I'll take the 5-2 record. Keep setting those season highs. Gotta hit Masters before the season ends.
That's cool I'll just keep setting season lows all on my own!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
That triple support hold on Hollywood A seems good.

e: ^ damn, triple support appreciation hivemind

e2: K triple support > bastion confirmed

Yager

Banned
Damn, I missed it! Yeah, I was watching Daredevil with my wife earlier. Good run though, almost like the one we had last weekend. I played one solo q game this morning and won so hopefully it's a sign of good things to come today. I also witnessed the Junkrat on my team get a super-sneaky quintuple-kill on Anubis, it was glorious!

Yeah, it was really nice. Game was pairing me with Masters, a couple of GM and the ocasionally top 500, which I don't get because I'm still in diamond and kinda freaked me out, but had a lot of fun.

Veelk

Banned
I have a question about progaming.

Literally every single team I've seen has been 100% dudes. I know that Gaming still has problems with women and I expect them to be a minority, but I still expect them to be there. But I've watched a few OGN games and have not seen a single female player. Am I just missing them somehow or is there a bigger problem going on here?

Skii

Literally every single team I've seen has been 100% dudes. I know that Gaming still has problems with women and I expect them to be a minority, but I still expect them to be there. But I've watched a few OGN games and have not seen a single female player. Am I just missing them somehow or is there a bigger problem going on here?

Have you heard every single person on both teams on voice comms? If not, you don't know it's 100% guys. There's probably at least one girl in every match you play but they never go on voice chat for obvious reasons.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

If there was some godlike girl player I don't think teams would be against her joining. If anything it would provide some word of mouth for the team.

Either on twitch or the top500 in general, who is the highest ranked female player?

Have you heard every single person on both teams on voice comms? If not, you don't know it's 100% guys. There's probably at least one girl in every match you play but they never go on voice chat for obvious reasons.

I think the person is talking about things such as the apex tournament being streamed now, not general comp matches on overwatch.

Veelk

Banned
If there was some godlike girl player I don't think teams would be against her joining. If anything it would provide some word of mouth for the team.

Either on twitch or the top500 in general, who is the highest ranked female player

Well, that's what I'm saying. Statistically speaking, there should be a few like that. But I just don't see them on any pro teams. So whats the deal?

Last week I finally got the courage to play, after buying the game during the winter holidays in an altered state of consciousness (and I swear I'm not the first gaffer that does that while on painkillers, just that this time it was not laser discs).

Having bad social / performing anxiety, a traumatic destiny experience and the reported toxicity surrounding the game kept me away from some time, just venturing into the shooting range from time to time. Last sunday I managed to enter AI training and sorta play with other users. And I kinda want more.

The thing is, I'm playing on the EU region, since I don't know anybody else who plays it (my group of friends seem to hate it, either due to being Battleborn martyrs or just sticking with free hero FPS. Will there be problem trying to understand people with everybody using their own language on voice / text, or does the game try to pair you with people that have set the same game language as you whenever is possible?

Anne

The thing is, I'm playing on the EU region, since I don't know anybody else who plays it (my group of friends seem to hate it, either due to being Battleborn martyrs or just sticking with free hero FPS. Will there be problem trying to understand people with everybody using their own language on voice / text, or does the game try to pair you with people that have set the same game language as you whenever is possible?

You on PC? Join the discord and make friends with us. We're nice and there are plenty of EU peeps.

You on PC? Join the discord and make friends with us. We're nice and there are plenty of EU peeps.

Yeah, but I'm one of those over the top shy people when it comes to voice communication, just listening and keeping myself to things like "on my way", "agreed" or "ok" when strictly necessary in game. I could give it a try, I guess. This time it's not a deathmatch and I am going to have to learn from others.

PS: I have a big lanparty incoming in July, so it would be a good idea to learn a bit how to play before going there.

Anne

Yeah, but I'm one of those over the top shy people when it comes to voice communication, just listening and keeping myself to things like "on my way", "agreed" or "ok" when strictly necessary in game. I could give it a try, I guess. This time it's not a deathmatch and I am going to have to learn from others.

PS: I have a big lanparty incoming in July, so it would be a good idea to learn a bit how to play before going there.

That's fine. Just come say hi in the text server and look for peeps to play with. We try to be helpful if you need to learn things.

Shredderi

After hundreds of hours of raging at Genji mains, I have finally recognized a pattern of weakness in them: they never switch out of Genji. Never. N-e-v-e-r. Even when they are being hard counter-pulverized they will never ever switch out. Only Genji mains too. I mean yeah there are the odd widowmaker or Hanzo mains who exhibit this behaviour but this is extremely prevalent in Genji mains.

Veelk

Banned
After hundreds of hours of raging at Genji mains, I have finally recognized a pattern of weakness in them: they never switch out of Genji. Never. N-e-v-e-r. Even when they are being hard counter-pulverized they will never ever switch out. Only Genji mains too. I mean yeah there are the odd widowmaker or Hanzo mains who exhibit this behaviour but this is extremely prevalent in Genji mains.

Because you just wait until I get my sword up and then you'll see what I can do!!11!

Shredderi

Because you just wait until I get my sword up and then you'll see what I can do!!11!

I guess even Genji mains just think that Genji is so damn good that he is universal pick.

Btw, does anyone else try to max out Winstons Jump pack damage by doing a melee right before landing on an enemy?

Shredderi

He basically was up until the most recent patch, and even then he's still basically fine in most things.

True, out of all the heroes he is propably the closest to being a universal pick. But sometimes it just doesn't work. The winston is just too good and has the Genji running away from Winston the whole match. Running away is less time wrecking Winston's team so in those moments it would be better to switch out but none of them does that.

KyleCross

So what's the deal with these terrible skins? Are they like early concept designs for the characters which they thought would be cool to add because it's the anniversary?

Anne

I'm starting to think that we were wrong about the "Reinhardt Problem" and instead it's just "the dominant tank at the time" problem. We're at a point in time where the best way to fight against Winston is to run your own Winston comp.

I just played a Mei with 95 hours this season alone. I officially have PTSD. She literally spawn camped me (As Symmetra) and our Soldier in our spawn on Hanamura by herself while our team was fighting on the point.

We still won though (Because we switched to counter her, and she refused to swap), but jesus <_<

Rematched and he's on my team now. Time to release my pain upon the world

KyleCross

I just played a Mei with 95 hours this season alone. I officially have PTSD. She literally spawn camped me (As Symmetra) and our Soldier in our spawn on Hanamura by herself while our team was fighting on the point.

We still won though (Because we switched to counter her, and she refused to swap), but jesus <_<
Congratulations on surviving your battle with Satan.

Sande

McCree throws flashbang, I deflect, flashbang hits, deflect goes on cooldown.
I know that McCree can avoid deflect with the flashbang but here he threw it right at me.

What?? I get that lag is why my deflect didn't block it but surely it shouldn't go on cd if the game thinks I didn't even use it on time. That shit is annoyingly common overall. Sometimes abilities get completely rolled back like you never used them and sometimes they're just gone.

Top Bottom