• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's a Real-Life Tournament Arc!!!!!

Nekofrog

Banned
Can someone give me a summary of what to watch? Can't really catch it live at the 2 and a half hour later start time

the first show's start time was perfect for me, i could watch the whole thing and still get 7 hours of sleep for work.

edit: i did see the first match live, that young lion had hustle

Can someone give me a summary of what to watch? Can't really catch it live at the 2 and a half hour later start time

the first show's start time was perfect for me, i could watch the whole thing and still get 7 hours of sleep for work.

edit: i did see the first match live, that young lion had hustle

When in doubt skip the tag matches.

Just watch the league matches.

norm9

Gonna skip undercard going forward. I get too worn out by the time the features start.

They're fantastic though.

Hex

Banned
Yep highlights are Ibushi vs ZSJ

and

Naito vs Yoshi-TRASHI

There's also a show tomorrow night and the night after

One that I am interested in too is Bushi and Sanada vs Suzuki and Taichi.

Kenny and Yujiro vs Tonga and Owens could be interesting but Owens will most likely eat the pin.

Can anyone explain how these guys keep putting on the most entertaining fucking matches every single night?

If this is at all a sign of how the G1 is gonna play out then Jesus Christ.

Can anyone explain how these guys keep putting on the most entertaining fucking matches every single night?

Inevitably some nights will be less than...

But they do it because they're all just really good

cj_iwakura

I haven't watched wrestling in literally decades, but seeing that trailer actually piqued my interest.
(That and Kenny Omega being a generally awesome guy at CEO.)

Heroman

Banned

That how the G1 is , it the one chance that many wresltets have to change there career.

Heroman

Banned
He's legit and is the best in the world. He had cured many a lapsed fan
Naw
tumblr_n5i3hdiDv41tt2jjyo1_r1_500.gif

ghostmind

Finally caught up on Day 2.

Not as amazing as day 1, but it was great seeing wins by
Juice and Tama Tonga.

And while Omega/Suzuki was good, it was no where near as good as Styles/Suzuki.

It's debatable.

They have the exact same overall rating in singles matches and one of Omega's opponents (his lowest rated singles match) was Jay Lethal who had to sell a kayfabe injury for the whole thing whereas Okada's highest rated non Omega mach was against the glorious Shibata. Granted Okada also got Fale so that's a wee bit of a wash. But then again Okada got to craft a main event match with Fale wheras Omega had to do a shorter semi final tourney style match with Lethal.

They are both at an exact average of 5* in singles matches.... and actually Omega could actually technically pass Okada for a bit once you factor in Okada's Yano match and Omega's Suzuki... actually ironically the tie breaker at the end of G1 could end up being who had the better match with Yano LMAO.

Omega had 2 near 5 star and one near 4 star match in the span of two nights...

So really it's a tie and I'd give Omega the tie break

Okada got Ibushi, Suzuki and Shiabata, Fale, Cody.... Kenny got Elgin, Ishii (x3), and Lethal

Hex

Banned
I love the way that little things last night set up things tonight.

Sabre and Ibushi had static, Hashi and Naito....Makabe and Ishii are always being pulled apart

H1PSTER

My Irish bias says I should like David Finlay but I'm just not sure if I can with those boots.

Especially when the opposite side consists of EVIL and Takahashi.

Top Bottom