• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAST RMX will be available at launch for $20/€20

I'll wait for reviews before I make up my mind on this one. The track design still looks uninspired to me even after watching videos of Fast Racing Neo. The price and release date are great, though. I hope it's highly successful.

This game doesn't have the little side attack that F-Zero GX has, does it?

From the videos that seems like the only thing missing from this game to fully satisfy the lack of F-Zero in my life.

SystemUser

This looks F-Zero enough for me. At $20 this is really tempting even though I already plan on buying another racing game.

Zero83

It scored 81 on metacritic and was praised on GAF too. But it was way too difficult, relied too much on memorization. Devs say they corrected this on RMX.

Sure it relied a lot on memorization, but I didn't find this game too hard. I won most cups after a few tries. There was a bit of swearing involved, but it felt very rewarding when you placed 1st. I definitely thought F Zero GX was harder (though I haven't played that one in 15 years 😢).

Rodin

For me 20 is a lot for a title partially made of content i already own on Wii U, but i'll get it regardless down the road. Game is awesome.

Isn't there another Wipeout-esque game at or near launch? Is one considered better than the other?

Redout. Not sure which one is better as i haven't played Redout yet, but Fast is great for sure.

Oregano

Any word what they've done to the difficulty? Never played the first but hyped to play this on the switch.

I don't think they've said anything specific but there's quite a bit of rubberbanding in the Wii U version so hopefully they've toned that down.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
see that price go

giphy.gif

after mario kart 8 comes out

steveovig

How is the difficulty and learning curve of this game? I was never very good at F-Zero or Wipeout but this does look interesting to me and I'm wondering if I should pick it up next week.

I'm mostly interested in a physical version of this (I'd rather go physical with the Switch) but I'll pick it up either way. I like futuristic racers.

Malakai

North America didn't get a physical release and I fell like they may have missed an opportunity for some sales by having some Physical Switch versions on shelves at launch. I know I would definitely have bought it at launch with a Physical version. Now I will still get it but may wait some.

Edit: Additional sales. Hopefully it will do good regardless.

In the Americas, we have to deal with the incompetent subdivision known as Nintendo of America(NoA). They don't give fuck. You couldn't even give them money to NoA for them to give a fuck. Their employees, at the top, I suspect, is there just to collect an easy pay check. I don't understand even why Reggie is even liked by people on this forum.

That is a steal for what is being offered. I bought this on the Wii U and lol at people asking for a free upgrade to the Switch version. The developers put all this extra effort in. I'll be getting this day 1.

I never bought the DLC for Wii U, so this should be a decent upgrade.

Smart move by Shin'en to have it available at launch. Should give them good salesnumbers.

AppleBlade

This is now on my day 1 list.

I have $145 in eshop credit that I've hoarded over the last few months (gift cards, little eshop sales, etc.)

I'm getting Zelda physical so I'll have this to spend on the Eshop. So far my definites are:

1-2 Switch ($50)
Snipperclips ($20)
Fast RMX ($20)

I'll be left with about $50, perhaps I'll do Bomberman or maybe Just Dance (don't judge, I like playing this with the family).

I don't want to do I am Setsuna or Shovel Knight because I now I won't play those until I'm completely done with Zelda.

iphys

If that's really the price, this would force me create an US account to buy it there. I won't have to pay taxes too.

Yeah, no more ripping us off on the exchange rate when we can easily take advantage of the system being region free.

Soroc

Shin'en putting out a game at a Nintendo launch is tradition. You def have my 20 bucks. HD rumble makes this so easy to buy. Can't wait to try to "feel" my way through a track blind!

Top Bottom