• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Which is the lesser of two evils, Legion Alchemy or Legion Leather Working? I'm rolling a Rogue and making it a Herbalism/Skinning double gather with the intention of possibly choosing a crafting profession once I hit current or maybe even WoD content.

I've seen a lot of people complain about the rng with raising recipe proficiency with Alchemy, although you can make a lot of money with it. I haven't read or seen much about Leather Working and while it may not have the same economic potential it does have tranmogs and mounts you can learn to craft.

It's not a case of lesser of two evils. Alchemy is just great.

There's some money to be made with LW if you have certain rank 3 recipes, but alchemy can do it better. Some obliterating work if you want to do that, but don't necessarily need to be a LW to do that and alchemy has a more reliable route anyway.

I think the problem with belt-buckles is that they're a one-and-done thing until a given player gets *another* belt upgrade, and they're not attractive in themselves, but only in conjunction with JC. The ability to warforge would be beneficial continuously

Well belt-buckles stimulate two professions really. But besides needing the gem, a buckle is no different from say, a cloak enchant that provides main stat. Secondary stat enchants you can juggle if your stat weights change though.

I don't disagree that having items that could warforge gear might be interesting. Or maybe just chance to add either warforge, socket, and/or tertiary. Depends on how RNG you would want to make it I guess. Perhaps limit the number of items you can roll with crafted upgrades though, otherwise you'd just do it to everything, which I think is something the developers have wanted to drift away from (e.g. reforging).

The armor crafting professions definitely need to be thrown a bone though for something between patches though, and certainly new craftables upon the release of each patch. Inscription probably needs a total rework too.

Anecdotally, I actually sold quite a few 815 leather pieces the past day or so, just randoms stat ones I didn't need, in the process of gearing up my freshly dinged 110 monk. Don't know for sure since any gold to recoup costs would've been good, but I think I made a fairly tidy profit. It was like 13-15k revenue on maybe 5k invested in leather? Besides the pieces I used for the monk and ones I didn't sell yet.

Oh by the way, anyone have any sick transmogs they want to show off? I have a few I've made that I really like for a few characters that I'll post in a bit. In class at the moment though.

Will post my DH, Warrior, and Monk.

Krogan

Feels real shitty to have my Mythic + group basically nuked, I used to run M+ almost everyday with a static group and now I am left to pug. I've also found my raid a lot less enjoyable since a lot of the more active raiders I liked hanging out with have left. Msg if you'd like to add me for a solid ele shaman 892+ for either M+ or pug raids.

Feels real shitty to have my Mythic + group basically nuked, I used to run M+ almost everyday with a static group and now I am left to pug. I've also found my raid a lot less enjoyable since a lot of the more active raiders I liked hanging out with have left. Msg if you'd like to add me for a solid ele shaman 892+ for either M+ or pug raids.

Cardinal WoW LFG post sin: you didn't say which faction/region when posting on an international forum.

Transmogs, as promised:

Warrior

7KLRoKS.png

Monk

Demon Hunter (happen to have logged out in tank weapons, but they still match)

These men are PAWNS,

People always bring up the movie :(

She's actually named after the goddess and/or EVE Online ship.

One interesting thing with Legion is that I've migrated more to female characters. Not sure why, but I guess I just like the way they look better. Warrior used to be a male orc, appearance and name-changed him to the one pictured now. Warlock, Mage, and Rogue were also male orcs that I swapped to female troll, female troll, and female blood elf respectively all this expansion. I've done more character services this expac than at any other time. I suppose I just get bored of my characters after awhile and needed something to freshen them up.

That male orc hunch man.

Warrior I would consider swapping to blood elf too more for the racial, but I kinda like her right now. Was considering swapping the monk to something else, but nothing quite appealed, and I felt better after I got her a proper transmog and hair style.

I think my only remaining characters that are male are my one DK, Shaman, and Druid, all tauren.

And it's not even really a faction thing. I think on alliance the only male characters I'd like much anymore would be Worgen. Otherwise I'd just play female human/Draenei/night elf since those cover all classes.

Outlaw is a ridiculous amount of fun. Grappling Hook is even better ability than Heroic Leap for navigating the world.

Guys, is there an easy way to change artifact weapons? I'm an Outlaw rogue now with Dreadblades, but I'd like to change it. I'm level 110.

At 102, in your Order Hall, the same NPC you spoke to accept your first artifact quest should have had the other two artifact quests available. You could have had both of your other artifacts already.

It's not a case of lesser of two evils. Alchemy is just great.

There's some money to be made with LW if you have certain rank 3 recipes, but alchemy can do it better. Some obliterating work if you want to do that, but don't necessarily need to be a LW to do that and alchemy has a more reliable route anyway.

Yeah, I'm just going to drop Skinning and go with Alchemy once I hit WoD content.

Yeah, I'm just going to drop Skinning and go with Alchemy once I hit WoD content.

If I recall you previously had some frustration with dungeon related profession content.

Alchemy has the most of all of them, and in one case you have to summon a special (easy) boss in VotW that is slightly out of the way. I solo'd it as a resto shaman probably around 845ish ilvl at the time, but it was annoying. So just a heads up on that.

There's also a point where you craft 40 potions and turn them in just to progress the quest line, so that's a hefty mat cost. It pays off, but you gotta do that up front.
Nobody else wants to share transmogs?

I'll share some later, but they aren't super exciting. The no. 1 comment I get from people on my characters is "you look like you're a level 10."

When did Ana-mouz go up?

Sunday

--------

Had a really weird experience with a Nightbane run. When the door opened it said "The air grows warmer." Which is weird because it always says "The air suddenly feels colder." or something like that, and it grows warmer when the timer expired.

Door wasn't open, was a fresh run, and we could click the crystals. But no buffs and no Medivh.

The only thing that we could think of was this extremely complicated scenario -

The timer activates but the door didn't open. When we decide to open the door, the "warmer" message plays at the exact time it would normally.

but that sounds like bs.

Lain

Decided to do 1 timewalk on my 103 rogue to get some coins and purchase the 3 pieces of armors and ended up getting this:
FGnc.png

It's no love rocket but I guess it will do.

Also learned the game autosaves screenshots when certain achievement are met? Had no idea.

mclem

Decided to do 1 timewalk on my 103 rogue to get some coins and purchase the 3 pieces of armors and ended up getting this:
FGnc.png

It's no love rocket but I guess it will do.

Also learned the game autosaves screenshots when certain achievement are met? Had no idea.

What addon's covering the 'obtained after (n) attempts'?

Ugh

I'm waiting for my next legendary to drop

I feel like it's a death sentence though. If I get the wrong one, I might as well give up my character because their dps won't get any better.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Shit ton of people have gotten their 6th in my guild in the last couple of days so I feel like I'll be pretty close, too.

Shit ton of people have gotten their 6th in my guild in the last couple of days so I feel like I'll be pretty close, too.

It just feels bad

when the rest of your raid group has 1-2 dps legendaries, and you're just falling behind on fights massively. I've gotten to the point where I'm just not trying as hard. It's painful, it really is.

AL-rite finished Hillsbrand zone. Where to next that's fun and isn't boring? Oh and why is it the user base in towns seems to consist of nothing more then a bunch of whiny kids being as edgy as possible? It's like an COD lobby in most cities...holy shit. Is this normal or how WoW has always been?

AL-rite finished Hillsbrand zone. Where to next that's fun and isn't boring? Oh and why is it the user base in towns seems to consist of nothing more then a bunch of whiny kids being as edgy as possible? It's like an COD lobby in most cities...holy shit. Is this normal or how WoW has always been?

What level have you ended on?

And yeah, the general chat can get pretty bad if it's not just spamming trade stuff.

Tacitus_

You can check the capital cities for notice boards on where to go next. And the chat has actually gotten better, if you can believe it. At least it isn't all "anal [something linkable]" spam any more. Or Barrens chat...

What level have you ended on?

And yeah, the general chat can get pretty bad if it's not just spamming trade stuff.

You can check the capital cities for notice boards on where to go next. And the chat has actually gotten better, if you can believe it. At least it isn't all "anal [something linkable]" spam any more. Or Barrens chat...

And, yeah, I know but, where is a good place to go that isn't garbage? The next area Arathi Highlands is supposedly garbage. I did a few quests and they kept sending me all over the map...and it wasn't interesting quest either.

And, yeah, I know but, where is a good place to go that isn't garbage? The next area Arathi Highlands is supposedly garbage. I did a few quests and they kept sending me all over the map...and it wasn't interesting quest either.

Stranglethorn or Western Plaguelands~ They both have alright storylines.

Panthers

I would just open the map and scroll over zones to see what level they are. Perhaps Stranglethorn Vale would be appropriate for you? I always enjoyed that place.

It's been a while since I leveled through just questing.

Moff

you don't need the notice boards anymore, just use the adventure guide

I am just leveling a shadow priest and finished hillsbard, I went to wester plaguelands and eastern plaguelands next, both were mentioned a lot when I googled the best questing zones

but honestly, nothing in this game comes close to silverpine, really nice zone, cool story and quests, especially as a forsaken of course which I usually am

also: shadowpriest is way OP in early levels, up to level 30 I was just running through the world casting shadow word: pain on every mob, killed them all. now it's slowly getting tougher

Tacitus_

Not enjoying your vanilla experience? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Western Plaguelands is nice, but I think it's a bit too high still. But do go there (and Eastern after it) once you can.

Not enjoying your vanilla experience? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Western Plaguelands is nice, but I think it's a bit too high still. But do go there (and Eastern after it) once you can.

Huh? I loved the last 2 areas. I'm looking for more that are similar. I mean that quest where you were a questgiver or had to rescue dumass were amazing.

Tacitus_

Huh? I loved the last 2 areas. I'm looking for more that are similar. I mean that quest where you were a questgiver or had to rescue dumass were amazing.

I meant the next zone you didn't like. Arathi Highlands hardly got any changes. The Forsaken camp is new but I think all the quests there are old or at most the quest text got rewritten.

In general the zones are going to get more spread out and less focused until 60, at which point you're going to hit BC content, which is basically the oldest leveling content in the game and it shows. When you get to 80, you'll be back to zones more similar to what you've been doing and it generally gets better from that point until 110.

Since you're 31 you can safely skip Arathi. Hinterlands is a 30-35 zone just north of Arathi, and I'd look for it in your adventure guide. It's been some time since I've done the Horde quests in that zone, but it's always been one of my favorites. And it will allow you an easy transition to Western Plaguelands (35-40) and Eastern Plaguelands (40-45), which are good zones, IMO. Also allows an easy way to get to Badlands (44-48) from Eastern Plaguelands, which has one of the community's favorite quests in the game.

Your other options for 30-35 are Cape of Stranglethorn (if you don't like Arathi's spread out quests, I don't think this is a good option for you), Southern Barrens (great zone, and gets you on the path to Dustwallow Marsh and then Thousand Needles, one of my favorite zones) and Desolace (barely remember anything about the current iteration).

Southern Barrens and Desolace are on the other continent, Kalimdor, and I don't know how easily you could get to them. Stranglethorn is on your continent, but the easiest way there is to take a zeppelin from the Undercity to Org, and then from Org to Stranglethorn.

So my suggestion would be Hinterlands, and if you don't want to do that, Southern Barrens.

Actually, I found out you can take the Zep from Brill to Stranglethorn and hoof it to Cape. I picked Cape and I like it. I feel grateful theres no PVP on this server. Twinked out Alliacne goons everywhere. I feel like I walked into the wrong neighborhood.

Level 35 and did a few dungeons. We wiped in Scarlet Sanctuary when one of our boys pulled a room full of enemies on purpose. Got some blue equips and some guy gave me like 1.5kg for standing around dancing.

Successful day was successful. 5 days of my trial remain )= I'm gunna have to sub. I'm having a blast.

Tarazet

It's official.. I have enough gear and points in the weapon now as Elemental that I'm doing more damage than Enhancement, both burst and sustained. The only thing Enhancement is better at, is damage while moving. Great for questing or farming easy dungeons, not so strong for actual difficult shit because Enhancement is just sooooooooo squishy. It's a sad day for me, because it was fun while it lasted.

I better get some DPS legendaries for Elemental soon though. I have root pants, Emalon's Charged Core, and Spiritual Journey.. so an admittedly solid utility piece, then two Mythic+ specials for Enhancement that don't do a lot in most raids.

Got my Heroic (blue) Bladefist today for my Monk :D

Oh and for the person who asked about my Monk's transmog. It's mostly the Dreadleather crafted gear, with blood-tanned pauldrons (H HFC) and Rayne's Scarf, a quest item from I believe Eastern Plaguelands (part of the Discovery armor set).

Corpekata

Banned
Had a HoV 2 key on my druid (haven't been doing many + on him the last few weeks). Nobody really likes it in guild (and have the time in + I'm tanking on alts) so decided to just go pug it and turn it into a +5 people might want to run.

Get there, and one of the pugs quickly shoves in their own key. Depleted too. Really a good way to sour me on pugs at the start of the week. If I wasn't so fucking annoyed (and couldn't tell who did it, so couldn't really even reform) I might have been impressed at how big of a shithead you have to be to pull that kind of stunt (and how bad you have to be to have a depleted +2 key on a Tuesday).

TheYanger

Had a HoV 2 key on my druid (haven't been doing many + on him the last few weeks). Nobody really likes it in guild (and have the time in + I'm tanking on alts) so decided to just go pug it and turn it into a +5 people might want to run.

Get there, and one of the pugs quickly shoves in their own key. Depleted too. Really a good way to sour me on pugs at the start of the week. If I wasn't so fucking annoyed (and couldn't tell who did it, so couldn't really even reform) I might have been impressed at how big of a shithead you have to be to pull that kind of stunt (and how bad you have to be to have a depleted +2 key on a Tuesday).

Why would anyone do this? Everyone in the group would just immediately leave I would imagine? I sure as shit would. like....grats shitbag, you just wasted your time instead of getting the reward for the REAL +2 we were about to do.

What do you mean change? Haven't you done the quests for the other 2 while you were lvling? You automatically equip them when changing specs.

No, for some reason I failed to see those quests. Now I can't seem to find the quest either. Only quest I have is an Artifact quest (CLOAK AND DAGGER) but that's a dungeon quest...

TheYanger

No, for some reason I failed to see those quests. Now I can't seem to find the quest either. Only quest I have is an Artifact quest (CLOAK AND DAGGER) but that's a dungeon quest...

You might've hit ignore quest, just try talking to the NPCs down at the rogue council table.

Corpekata

Banned
Why would anyone do this? Everyone in the group would just immediately leave I would imagine? I sure as shit would. like....grats shitbag, you just wasted your time instead of getting the reward for the REAL +2 we were about to do.

Yeah, I bailed. I think they were hoping people weren't noticing (which was true at first, as group pressed on right away as I was explaining someone else used their key and not me), or were just trying to troll in general? IDK.

Or maybe total newbie that didn't know what depleted meant.

Top Bottom