• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Finally killed it.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/akyZL4Q6CHgVJwDc#fight=7&type=damage-done

Not happy with my performance, I'll have to check my CD usage from last week cus I sorta forgot how I was using them.

I really wish CoF worked like the SoO trinket that just reduced the CD and it wasn't based off RNG. I got unlucky on a few pulls tonight and it completely threw off my CD usage. Shit is super annoying cus it's not like I can do something to improve my RNG.

Well, they aren't account wide, so it's definitely fine to use them now. They've also said that the current rep tokens won't work past exalted, so I doubt that would say that and then change their minds, it'd be pretty douchy.

The same thing will happen to AP, current AP won't work past 54, so it seems like they don't want people stockpiling items to use them later on.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Wasn't sure if they'd change their minds after enough of an outcry, if there even is one.

and done with brawlers guild. Nibbly and Serpent of Old were harder then Awesomeus Maximus and Ray D Tier tbh.

just glad that beat-box isnt required for rank 8 because fuck that shit as a warlock

Lain

Why did zen flight get taken out from monk's base abilities and was made into a bought ability at the class hall vendor while still being a slow pos?

v1perz53

Why did zen flight get taken out from monk's base abilities and was made into a bought ability at the class hall vendor while still being a slow pos?

It was never a base ability, it was a minor glyph. I think all the non-cosmetic minor glyphs that stayed for legion were added back in this way, as a purchasable book from the order hall. Anyway, it is definitely slow, but it has its own uses, such as how you can take actions while on it such as mounting or fishing (which you can't do with flight form). I think you can also craft on it? I'd personally probably prefer it just copied flight form (epic flying speed, instant cast, can herb/loot on it etc.) but they seem to want to give it a bit of different flavor, so I guess enjoy having a slightly easier time fishing on a monk?

Lain

It was never a base ability, it was a minor glyph. I think all the non-cosmetic minor glyphs that stayed for legion were added back in this way, as a purchasable book from the order hall. Anyway, it is definitely slow, but it has its own uses, such as how you can take actions while on it such as mounting or fishing (which you can't do with flight form). I think you can also craft on it? I'd personally probably prefer it just copied flight form (epic flying speed, instant cast, can herb/loot on it etc.) but they seem to want to give it a bit of different flavor, so I guess enjoy having a slightly easier time fishing on a monk?

Oh it was a minor glyph? Totally forgot that. I see why it's sold at the vendor now.

Bungie's

My PC lags when I try using ElvUI and a few other addons which is annoying. Is this a CPU issue or GPU? Currently have a 3570k and 670 GTX.

v1perz53

Brewmaster hidden appearance finally dropped for me. That thing is a clipping nightmare.

Honestly, this is the only reason my Monk isn't back to being a male Pandaren. I like my Monk best as a male panda (or should I say monk is the only class I like as M pandaren), but the clipping is just too bad, for something that is otherwise such a cool and unique weapon effect. Even the non hidden skins clip a bit, but my god. The hidden skin is more in my back than out of it.

TheYanger

I mean I''d be fine with it but, nobody groups there. Should i go to Netherstorm instead?

Netherstorm is my 'go to' for that level range if anything, but both netherstorm and especially SMV were both 'max level' zones at the time, so the power creep you have while levelling puts you WAY below what a legitimate TBC max level character would've been with friends.

There's a ghost town in southeast Netherstorm that has a lot of really fast quests that I enjoy (kill any named mob you see, it drops a free xp quest item).

not funny :(

There was this frost mage who was doing like, 700k dps on ST fights. It was horrifying. His gear wasn't even that different from me! ._.

I mean, just switch to Ebonchill, get familiar with Frost doing WQ's and start doing group content once you're more comfortable with it and have a decent amount of AP invested. I mained Arcane for a while and only briefly played Frost, but you have so much more control as a Frost Mage in average encounters versus Fire or Arcane with all of the AoE's and slows. With Arcane and Fire you're desperately trying to burst things down before they can get to you and punch down your shields, or play keep away with Blink/Slow, with Frost you just slow and murder everything.

I mean, just switch to Ebonchill, get familiar with Frost doing WQ's and start doing group content once you're more comfortable with it and have a decent amount of AP invested. I mained Arcane for a while and only briefly played Frost, but you have so much more control as a Frost Mage in average encounters versus Fire or Arcane with all of the AoE's and slows. With Arcane and Fire you're desperately trying to burst things down before they can get to you and punch down your shields, or play keep away with Blink/Slow, with Frost you just slow and murder everything.

Oh I don't need a frost mage anymore I've mastered it already. Thanks tho @_@

Nothing 20 minutes at the dummy center couldn't solve.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Holy paladins are kind of ridiculous form what I've played so far
'mana? hah no i'm good'
'mechanics? i'm melee and its post-mop, we don't do mechanics'

If you don't mind standing in the middle of a melee scrum next to a boss or whatever to maximise Lightbringer, then there's not much downside to Holy Paladin.

Melee have to do too many mechanics in NH.

you're joking right

'ranged get add interrupt'
'ranged eat cakes'
'range pop ice frost shit and STAY OUT OF MELEE'
'range interrupt fire adds'
'range stand the right direction for carrion and focus adds'
'ranged dont' pick up orbs'
'ranged make sure you get all the burning pitch ever, melee tunnel'
'ranged move to ice tank'
'ranged kill parasitic fetters, just you'
'ranged kill eye and do everything'

I know that this isn't making fun of ranged players...

Lightbringer sort of requiring proximity to who you're healing (or your Beacon of Light depending on your talent choices) to maximise your healing output is kind of why I don't like Holy Paladin in Legion. Personally, if I'm healing, I don't want to have to be standing right next to or near the tank and whatever is melting their face. I liked waving golden hands around from a safer distance.

It makes sense that Holy Paladins would sort of be combat medics, I mean they do wear plate, but I prefer the distance that other classes/specs can heal from.

vocab

you're joking right

'ranged get add interrupt'
'ranged eat cakes'
'range pop ice frost shit and STAY OUT OF MELEE'
'range interrupt fire adds'
'range stand the right direction for carrion and focus adds'
'ranged dont' pick up orbs'
'ranged make sure you get all the burning pitch ever, melee tunnel'
'ranged move to ice tank'
'ranged kill parasitic fetters, just you'
'ranged kill eye and do everything'

Melee does 90% of what you listed.

Tarazet

I know that this isn't making fun of ranged players...

Lightbringer sort of requiring proximity to who you're healing (or your Beacon of Light depending on your talent choices) to maximise your healing output is kind of why I don't like Holy Paladin in Legion. Personally, if I'm healing, I don't want to have to be standing right next to or near the tank and whatever is melting their face. I liked waving golden hands around from a safer distance.

It makes sense that Holy Paladins would sort of be combat medics, I mean they do wear plate, but I prefer the distance that other classes/specs can heal from.

That's why you have the talent that makes your Mastery check the proximity to either you or your Beacon of Light. Makes it a non-issue.

e90Mark

My PC lags when I try using ElvUI and a few other addons which is annoying. Is this a CPU issue or GPU? Currently have a 3570k and 670 GTX.

What happens when you aren't running addons? Sounds like a CPU issue, as WoW likes high single thread performance, and depending on the addon, will cut into it a bit.

v1perz53

That's why you have the talent that makes your Mastery check the proximity to either you or your Beacon of Light. Makes it a non-issue.

Even with Beacon of Lightbringer, Light of Dawn still kind of defines your positioning, with the rage boosts it becomes a 19 yard rage, still less than half of the range of your other heals, so it does still limit your positioning. And there are plenty of fights and situations where Beacon of Faith is so much better than Lightbringer that having the convenience of being able to stand at ranged is a significant decrease in power. Not even mentioning M+, where Beacon of Virtue is basically mandatory. So you can overcome the melee positioning somewhat, but Pally healers are definitely still constrained to a position at least quite close to melee in most cases.

Which I actually really like, feels great to me and I've never had a problem with the positioning meta of H pally this expansion. Mastery feels rewarding for good play to me as opposed to punishing for standing at range, and they gave H pally a ton of HP to compensate which feels great for M+. But I can see why some healers don't like it.

mclem

Playing HC Krosus yesterday I really started to feel that we're suffering through only having fairly small groups; we had 13, which was bad enough, but when we went down to 11 (two DPS had to go) it was very noticeable in terms of the hit to our raid DPS, simply by virtue of the fact that one person running out for the orb is a significant proportion of our overall DPS.

Did have a go *right* at the end with people being a bit closer in general and having the orb person run to max range instead, which... I'm not sure. Much better personal DPS from them, but the increase in orb damage seemed painful.

What's the least painful of the courtyard-onwards bosses for a smaller group? Pondering Star Augur, given that although I gather the Icy Ejection can be problematic for tanks who want to drop their debuff, I've had enough experience of things going wrong that I've got a good few backup plans if that should occur.

Why do I keep getting this message? lol

ee6860f79024a7cc42d74ad7228ec198.png

I really don't understand how professions World Quests work.

Sometimes you can trade 10 starlight rose for 1 Blood and its like...why would I do that?

But this time around I can trade 10 starlight rose for 10 foxlower seeds. Thats like turning 500g into 8.5k with no work.

What

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

Sometimes you can trade 10 starlight rose for 1 Blood and its like...why would I do that?

But this time around I can trade 10 starlight rose for 10 foxlower seeds. Thats like turning 500g into 8.5k with no work.

What

You do it because it's easy to do if you have mats and you turn in for an emissary quest.

Lomax

What

Blizzard has basically never taken market value into account when it comes to any sort of rewards or trading system, only their own ideas of rarity. So when you combine that with pseudo-random quests with pseudo-random rewards, sometimes they're great, sometimes not so much.

The server shards are fucking weird.

I'll go to a place, and there's Tich horde surrounding the flight master, go turn in a WQ, come back to said flight master, and suddenly it's Nemesis Ally surrounding it.

Xeteh

I just got an 880 Drought of Souls from LFR on my Enhancement Shaman... and I was excited for about 10 seconds before I realized it is a downgrade from my 845 Bloodthirsty Instinct. Damnit.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Yep, its only about a 6k dps difference but its less than the Bloodthirsty Instinct. Drought is apparently way down on the list of BiS trinkets for Enhance.

a lot of those trinkets that rely on positioning of you or the enemy score a lot lower than just straight stat boosts. probably because they are harder to model and also because they are harder to maximize.

i would still probably use it though above an 845 trinket regardless of what it sims.

Tarazet

a lot of those trinkets that rely on positioning of you or the enemy score a lot lower than just straight stat boosts. probably because they are harder to model and also because they are harder to maximize.

i would still probably use it though above an 845 trinket regardless of what it sims.

Bloodthirsty Instinct is ridiculously awesome for Enhancement because of Haste scaling. I can see it being used in a high percentage of top parses throughout the entirety of the expansion.

What
My favorite is the alchemy quest where you turn one rejuv pot into 10 bloods. There's a few LW quests that are similar, but that's the most ridiculous one.

My favorite is the alchemy quest where you turn one rejuv pot into 10 bloods. There's a few LW quests that are similar, but that's the most ridiculous one.

I'm surprised the Kirin Tor isn't broke.

"Wow our gold supplies are running really low, I wonder where its all leaking out from"

"Hey boss I just gave an adventurer 10 bloods for one of these super good potions we really need"

"You know that potion is worth 25 gold and those bloods are about 400 each right?"

"WHAT"

Lain

So every utility leg is getting some throughput update, be it from added stat or updated effect. I'll consider it as a realization that their random drop model for legendary items is awful without the willingness to admit it.

Top Bottom