• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! |OT| GENDER EQUALITY!

maouvin

I bought it as the Daily Deal from a vendor, of all places. I didn't even know vendors sold legendaries, it's the first I've seen.

Farm vending machines is pretty legit. Spent a little over an hour farming Concordia until I managed to buy an 3DD1.3. Saw at least another 4 legendaries for sale while doing so.

Celcius

°Temp. member
After days of struggle, I finally beat EOS!

monta-ellis-handshake-o_original.gif

The key was that during the last part, I made taking cover and staying alive my priority and just shot at him only whenever I could activate aspis.

*feels good*

Yado

After days of struggle, I finally beat EOS!

monta-ellis-handshake-o_original.gif

The key was that during the last part, I made taking cover and staying alive my priority and just shot at him only whenever I could activate aspis.

*feels good*

iVFltCH4LxElj.gif

Beating him after the first time feels much easier.

Still hate when he regenerates his shield though -_-

Ultimadrago

That feel when I fall in love with Wilhelm's Signature Skill, trounce the game with him and then (BL2 Spoilers)
remember he dies like a bitch in Borderlands 2 meaning he won't join the Vault Hunter group in the implied Borderlands 3.

Fuck.

Joe Molotov

That feel when I fall in love with Wilhelm's Signature Skill, trounce the game with him and then (BL2 Spoilers)
remember he dies like a bitch in Borderlands 2 meaning he won't join the Vault Hunter group in the implied Borderlands 3.

Fuck.

He's a cyborg already tho, all they gotta do is be like "blah blah he's fixed now!"

shiba5

He's a cyborg already tho, all they gotta do is be like "blah blah he's fixed now!"

Or maybe it's not really him - he does have just a generic engineer model in BL2. ;)

Not at all likely, but I can see how they could write their way around his death. He's really far gone though by BL2 and not much more than Jack's slave.

Nisha is the one they said would stay dead even though she's a side quest and Burch said he wished he hadn't killed her. She could easily have been "not canon" like every other side quest. Case in point, Tector and Jimbo Hodunk are in Tales from the Borderlands and I slaughtered them for a Slagga.

Celcius

°Temp. member
If you buy the claptastic voyage dlc then you're forced into getting the +10 level upgrade for free. However, if you play on TVHM then all of the enemies and loot only scale to lv 50. Do you think they'll ever update it to scale for those who don't want UVHM?

Mistel

Banned
If you buy the claptastic voyage dlc then you're forced into getting the +10 level upgrade for free. However, if you play on TVHM then all of the enemies and loot only scale to lv 50. Do you think they'll ever update it to scale for those who don't want UVHM?
That's very unlikely as that would defeat the purpose of UVHM itself, TVHM caps there and then you go onto UVHM mode if you want better loot and higher scaling enemies.

Finally got around to beating The Pre-Sequel, turns out I stopped playing right before the Zarpedon fight. I found Athena a pretty frustrating character to play right up until I hit 25 in the Xiphos skill tree, then it was like easy mode activated for all but one boss fight. That targeted, homing melee attack that causes enemies to bleed out, heal you, make you faster, make you cause more damage the more hurt they are, explode if killed by your melee attack or while under the bleed out and all that. it got so easy. Still have a few quests left to wrap up before diving into TVHM with Athena.

Decided to give Claptrap and Jack Double a try, Claptrap is...interesting. Might save that for a later playthrough. Looks like Free Enterprise Jack Double will be my next toon. Damage potential looks kinda nuts.

Everyone will be back,

you know, BECAUSE REASONS

Nakayama provides a way for
Jack to be brought back through digital immortality with the possibility of a creepy clone

Ricker

I got the Claptastic Voyage DLC but I cant play it it seems...I download the pack 2 thing,all the compatibity upgrade and it says I need part 1 also,which is suppose to be free but I dont see part 1 to download anywhere...on the menu screen,it says I purchased Claptastic but its not installed or something...if i click it,it says I already downloaded...where do you go to get part 1....? or where does the DLC start in game...?

EDIT: nm.got it working,had to go to Deck 13 1/2 lol ;)

Dunlop

About to start the pre sequel, noticing a distinct lack of a siren class which was my favorite by far.

Recommendations for the closest thing? Started with Athena for the opening but not digging the super or her seriousness lol

Admodieus

Just picked this up over the weekend, have been a Siren user for BL1 and BL2 but went with Athena this time. The beginning is light years ahead of BL1 or BL2, great action right away with a main story hook (I couldn't stand Southern Shelf on subsequent playthroughs of BL2).

Only have two questions:

1. Are TVHM and UVHM more balanced this time around? Always felt the damage enemies did to you was ridiculous in those modes in BL2
  2. Are any of the DLCs worth it if I find myself enjoying the main game?

Celcius

°Temp. member
I completed TVHM with Athena and the DLC, but I'm considering starting a run through UVHM. Just because there's not much else to play lately. On the one hand I kinda don't want to because of the thought of having to re-acquire the higher-level versions of all my favorite gear and the thought of facing Eos again... but I skipped UVHM in BL2 due to slag and I'm thinking it might not be so bad here. Is the difficulty that much tougher on UVHM vs TVHM?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished a playthrough on normal with Nisha. So satisfying to gunzerk with pistols. Athena's still my favorite though.

So I just played this and I have to say, and I know I might be alone, I liked this more than Borderlands 2. The more varied weapons and the low gravity just made it for me. I also like watching Jack
descend in madness and villainy.

Mistel

Banned
So I just played this and I have to say, and I know I might be alone, I liked this more than Borderlands 2. The more varied weapons and the low gravity just made it for me. I also like watching Jack
descend in madness and villainy.
Some what ironically there's far lower weapon variety within the presequel than within 2 with less classes of weapons and fewer tiers.

Figured I give this a shot even though the topic is months abandoned:

For who the hell knows what reason I can't get DLC packs to show up in the in-game menu. I bought the season pass ages ago when it was on sale but hadn't started playing through until now. Downloaded the Claptrap DLC but not any of the rest since at the time my 360 didn't have the HDD space. Now the DLC menu cycles between 1) not being able to pull up any DLC at all or 2) pulling up random selections of DLC, none of which include what I want (for example, right now I only see the compatibility pack and both halves of the Claptrap DLC, except the non season pass version of the first half of Claptrap). I've rebooted the game a dozen times, reinstalled it, and hardbooted the console. Nothing's working. I'm worried it might somehow be related to the season pass, and I would reinstall THAT, but the Xbox marketplace shows it as unpurchased despite it being installed and tied to my account...

Edit: not the season pass. Xbox.com does have it marked as purchased and lets me redownload, so I tried uninstalling and the DLC menu is still funky. Same with after.

Edit 2: Never mind, maybe? I see there's a general download/purchase server alert up for 360 games only. Maybe that's it? Doesn't really make much sense, but I guess we'll see...

Dunkelgrau

I'm very LTTP, but it's on sale atm. Question related to the oz-kit:

Tapping the c-key/circle-button should bring one faster to the ground, wile holding the c-key/circle button should make a butt-slam. I'm playing on my PS4 and I always get butt-slams, no matter if I tab or hold the circle-button.

What's wrong here?

Top Bottom