• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc System Works planning a new fighting game series for PS4.

People suggesting it in here?
Umm

Not seeing it. If you mean my linking to the campaign that was just a good way to get a glimpse of the art in a recent thread. Better than linking to my OT, I think. Not trying to fight you so if you see something I don't then don't worry about it.

zeelman

Let me know when they release the enhanced edition of the enhanced edition so I don't waste my money on inferior versions of the same game.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Pity I won't be able to use this gen's fightsticks on next gen hardware without modding. :/

FinKL

Bought P4A on sale to support them and haven't touched it yet. I should though so i can get that feel of ANIME

Sandfox

And now we're going to start getting people begging for new Blazblue games like we do for Guilty Gear. I really don't want a new series from them tbqh.

Fugu

ASW's handling of BlazBlue was so piss poor that it is limiting my excitement quite a bit.

This could be great, though.

Can't say I'm excited for another series.

Now if it was a sequel to Guilty Gear, I would honestly consider buying a PS4 just for it.

ASW's handling of BlazBlue was so piss poor that it is limiting my excitement quite a bit.

This could be great, though.
My hype is lower than before after noticing it is Mori again. Been hoping to see something from Ishiwatari after all these years.

Imm0rt4l

Hip Hop version of Guilty Gear with special moves references like "Ether" "The takeover" "no vaseline" and dope beats please.

Or you could just give us a new Guilty Gear, I'd be okay with that.

vocab

Ya they handled BB pretty poorly, but they deliver on feature set, and really good online everytime. I hope their next series is great.

Whaaat? That's so damn awesome! Can't wait to see what it is. Looks like they'll be the first company to put out the first fighting game on next-gen. :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New series huh, interesting. I probably won't buy it because ASW, but I'll definitely be keeping a close eye.

RMI

Banned
awesome, can't wait for them to release a new iteration of this game every 6 months or whatever.

Ashkeloth

As long as they keep it sprite-based, this is great news. More awesome fighting characters and mechanics along with new music is enough to keep me interested in Arc System Works for the foreseeable future.

OmegaZero

Looking forward to it as long as they improve their animation a bit. Then they will have pretty much the best looking sprites of any gen.

FluxWaveZ

All they really need to do is to release a sequel to Persona 4 Arena and yen notes start flying in through the window.

Oh god I need this.

One day this shall be reality. Though, it's ultimately Atlus' decision since ASW have said they enjoyed the partnership and they're ready to do it again if Atlus wants to.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Source: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/617/617432/index-2.html

Just a blip from this interview. Roughly, they make a new series for every console generation of hardware, so they're planning a third fighting game series for the PS4.

No other real info. Good day for fighting games...

Edit: umebo from dustloop spotted this first, so props to him/her.

256px-Battle_Fantasia.jpg

This game doesn't count?

Oh god I need this.

One day this shall be reality. Though, it's ultimately Atlus' decision since ASW have said they enjoyed the partnership and they're ready to do it again if Atlus wants to.

AFAIK it was ArcSys' biggest game ever on the arcades. The console versions, not so much (especially outside in Japan). But still, yeah, I'd expect a sequel at some point.

Top Bottom