• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portland: 2 killed in stabbing on MAX train as man directs slurs at Muslim women

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Fuck Trump supporters for reporting the guy to the police for being a whackjob..?

Not that anyone here would care, it doesn't support the narrative.

Duuuuuuuuuuude.

Think about the ultimate veracity of your argument when this is its best defense.

Edit.

!

But you guys win, I'll go away so you guys can keep on doing what you do best, this is futile anyway.

YEAH YOU'RE THE REAL FUCKING VICTIM HERE.

FUCK OFF.

DOUBLE FUCK OFF.

TyrantII

And here we go.. the replies is like a fuckin auto-pilot. Listen, i have no idea who the guy even is.

You have no idea. Good of you to admit you have no clue what any of this is.

Do you get your news from the check out aisle as well? Who cares who sources it, someone on the internet wrote something!

YEDB1Nl.jpg

He was a Trump supporter. Can you read? Trump emboldened these people.
Buzzfeed had a piece up about his politics. He abstained from voting after Sanders dropped out because he hated both Trump and Clinton. He hated Clinton more obviously but he bought into the whole "Both are evil corporate puppets" narrative people love to say.

Buzzfeed had a piece up about his politics. He abstained from voting after Sanders dropped out because he hated both Trump and Clinton. He hated Clinton more obviously but he bought into the whole "Both are evil corporate puppets" narrative people love to say.
If you would refer to the Facebook post on the previous damn page, he posted about how he would gleefully join a 'Hitler Trump's' schutzstaffel in order to genocide people etc etc so get the fuck out with that r/the_dipshit bs

cameron

n4jegkN.png

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/869204433418280961

The Guardian: "Message from @POTUS account comes after Dan Rather calls for president to acknowledge heroism of Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche and Rick Best"
After pressure mounted on Donald Trump to comment on the racist attack in Portland, Oregon that left two men dead on Friday, the president said on Monday the attack was “unacceptable”.

Trump’s words were broadcast on the @POTUS Twitter account, rather than the more commonly used @RealDonaldTrump, on Monday morning, shortly before Trump marked Memorial Day with a speech at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.
Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche, 23, and Rick Best, 53, were fatally stabbed on Friday while intervening to stop a racist attack on a Muslim teenager on a commuter train.

The pair have been honoured as heroes by Portland’s mayor and the FBI, and were the subjects of a candlelit vigil in the city on Saturday night. The president had until Monday remained silent, despite tweeting 10 times on Sunday on topics including healthcare, fake news and the Montana special election which was won this week by the Republican candidate, after he had assaulted a Guardian reporter.

Throughout Sunday, pressure mounted on social media for Trump to make a statement on the attack, which was carried out by a suspected white supremacist, Jeremy Christian, 35.

Dan Rather, the veteran American journalist, led the charge on Facebook, calling on Trump to acknowledge the “brave Americans who died at the hands of someone who, when all the facts are collected, we may have every right to call a terrorist”.
https://www.facebook.com/theDanRather/posts/10158743532925716

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Because he has nothing to do with @POTUS, an aide did it to make him look like less of a retard while he blithers on like the idiot he is on his own twitter account.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Wow, that knife wound is a lot worse than I would've thought it to be and survived from. Happy he survived though, and it sounds like he regularly stands up and acts against injustice to others, so certainly can respect that. That will certainly leave a scar, but the bright side is many people can accept and even respect a scar, especially one which was earned by doing a good thing and standing up to both protect someone and for a good cause.

Wish the others survived to, but happy he at least made it through.

Undrey

I read this headline a few days ago and of course thought it was sad but 'there's always things like this on the news'. It's only after opening this thread and reading about it and seeing the survivor's scar that I've completely realised the tragedy of this entire situation. Those three people were the bravest ones in the trains and didn't expect to fucking die for trying to stop bullying and standing up for what they believe in. It's just an all round depressing event. Deepest condolences to all those who were affected and rest in peace to the victims.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I read this headline a few days ago and of course thought it was sad but 'there's always things like this on the news'. It's only after opening this thread and reading about it and seeing the survivor's scar that I've completely realised the tragedy of this entire situation. Those three people were the bravest ones in the trains and didn't expect to fucking die for trying to stop bullying and standing up for what they believe in. It's just an all round depressing event. Deepest condolences to all those who were affected and rest in peace to the victims.

The thing that makes it really sad for me is that all three people sound like they were upright guys. Two of them were younger than the terrorist (just going to call him what he is), though the youngest did survive and apparently has been attending many peaceful rallies and has been the kind to not stand up for people bulling or taking advantage of others.

The two that died, one had very recently graduated university and was pursuing a career at the young age of 23, was close with his family, was dating a girl, and seemed he was just getting his life on track and many described him as being a bright and happy person who cared a lot about others.

The last was in his 50s, served for the army for many years but had been retired for the last five years, has four kids and apparently loved both his country and his family, was working in Portland's government and had a slogan that he couldn't just stand by and do nothing, which is very appropriate to how he responded to the situation since it demonstrates he truly lived by those words.

All three of them sound like very different but good people, and it is a pure tragedy that they lost their hands to a terrorist. But I think there's a lot to be gained by standing up for the rights and protection of others. I hope the two women are okay though, I can imagine why they're not revealing their identities but I can only imagine the conflicted feelings they're feeling over all of this.

Undrey

The thing that makes it really sad for me is that all three people sound like they were upright guys. Two of them were younger than the terrorist (just going to call him what he is), though the youngest did survive and apparently has been attending many peaceful rallies and has been the kind to not stand up for people bulling or taking advantage of others.

The two that died, one had very recently graduated university and was pursuing a career at the young age of 23, was close with his family, was dating a girl, and seemed he was just getting his life on track and many described him as being a bright and happy person who cared a lot about others.

The last was in his 50s, served for the army for many years but had been retired for the last five years, has four kids and apparently loved both his country and his family, was working in Portland's government and had a slogan that he couldn't just stand by and do nothing, which is very appropriate to how he responded to the situation since it demonstrates he truly lived by those words.

All three of them sound like very different but good people, and it is a pure tragedy that they lost their hands to a terrorist. But I think there's a lot to be gained by standing up for the rights and protection of others. I hope the two women are okay though, I can imagine why they're not revealing their identities but I can only imagine the conflicted feelings they're feeling over all of this.

That's just even more depressing. Realising how many people get affected by this. Those four kids are now fatherless and the young man's family lost him. It's just really aggravating that something as simple as a bigoted racist asshole can just end people's lives like that whenever provoked.

The best thing to do is to honour them and not let this dissuade us from standing up for people when it's needed.

An inch lower and a little deeper and that would have been fatal for sure. Dude's lucky. One hell of a way to get a scar, and he should wear it with pride. The guy's a hero.

Chicks are gonna dig the hell out of that scar and the story that comes with it (if he's straight)

damn hero

It's sad, saw a thing from one of the girls being harassed and she's got all kinds of survivor's guilt

this kind of thing affects so many people

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Saw this on the news earlier and fuck this piece of shit. Ranting about free speech after you fucking murdered two people and tried to kill a third who was in the court room when he was brought out.

They've managed to find a way to blame the left. lol

Yep... crossposting but:

Tonight's Tucker Carlson dose from passing by my parent's TV:

- Portland stabber wasn't a Trump supporter
- He actually hated Christians too
- He went to Trump rallies to pick fights with Trump supporters
- He was a Jill Stein and Bernie Sanders supporter
- He was mad at Hillary for not helping refugees

... ended with: "...but the liberal media won't tell you that!"

LordPezix

All I know is I ride the MAX practically everyday and if I would have been on that one, that piece of shit wouldn't have made it to trial. Portland was pretty sad that day, everyone knew about immediately. It was extremely sad but I am proud to know that everyday heroes like these men exist in Portland and that most of us have a zero tolerance policy on hate.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...p-raise-500000-stabbing-victims-a7765436.html

Islamic groups have raised nearly half-a-million dollars for the families of the men killed in Portland, Oregon while trying to defend Muslim women from a racist attack.

Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche and Ricky John Best were fatally stabbed and another man was seriously injured after they attempted to help two teenage girls who were being racially abused on a train last week.

In the aftermath of the attack the Muslim Education Trust and CelebrateMercy, started a crowdfunding campaign for the victims in order to “respond to hate with love”.

The initial target for the campaign was set at $60,000 (£46,500), in order to cover the funeral costs for Mr Best and Mr Namkai-Meche. It was raised in just five hours.

After the fundraising drive massively exceeded this target, organisers said they will use the rest of the funds for long term expenses, such as supporting Mr Best’s four children through college.

Love Trumps Hate

APF

A lot of people came out vocally for Bernie because of their hatred for Clinton, it has little to do with actual political beliefs (a lot weren't actual progressives/democrats, just folks looking to hurt her chances). Looking at this guy's FB feed he's a libertarian who self-describes as a nihilist. There's no evidence he actually voted for Bernie in the primaries (could he have, since he was registered as a libertarian?), and the only evidence of his political activity is associations with libertarians and the alt-right. Frankly I doubt he even votes at all, since that would likely go against his belief system (he claims he intended to vote for Trump, appears to have not voted at all).

A lot of people came out vocally for Bernie because of their hatred for Clinton, it has little to do with actual political beliefs (a lot weren't actual progressives/democrats, just folks looking to hurt her chances). Looking at this guy's FB feed he's a libertarian who self-describes as a nihilist. There's no evidence he actually voted for Bernie in the primaries (could he have, since he was registered as a libertarian?), and the only evidence of his political activity is associations with libertarians and the alt-right. Frankly I doubt he even votes at all, since that would likely go against his belief system (he claims he intended to vote for Trump, appears to have not voted at all).

We have Closed Primaries in Oregon, so if he's registered as anything but Democrat he couldn't vote for Bernie. Given that this guy's an antisemite, I HIGHLY doubt he'd have voted for someone Jewish as Bernie Sanders if he he had the chance to vote for him at all.

I am no advocate for the death penalty usually. But I hope this piece of shit dies somehow soon, whether it be in prison at the hands of other inmates or via corporal punishment. This is what it was meant for if nothing else: genocidal maniacs like this asshole.

Top Bottom