• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I did some research!
I was just about to buy the 3rd birthday, when I thought to myself, its actually quite expensive for a PSP game, I will just do a bit more research.....
There is NO option to invert aiming controls! They even include an option to invert camera controls, but apprently it has no effect on actual aiming! What sort of backwards dev doesnt bother to include a completely legitimate control scheme?
Lost out on a sale there morons!
I am going to have to be VERY selective of which PSP games I buy if this turns out to be a standard sort of thing.
The only time you manually aim anything in this game is with the sniper rifle and the turrets, no? Everything else - the VAST majority of the game - is auto lock-on. Not much need to invert the aiming controls when you're almost never "aiming" at anything...

Number45

Does anybody know when the "Diablo-clone", i think its called Rune or something, with PS3 <> PSVita savegame transition will be released? Haven't read anything about it in the last weeks.
It was called Ruin, it's now called Warriors Lair. I don't think we have an official release date.

But Isn't the save data saved on your system, thus the need for a memory card. What would you have to wipe out on the actual game card.
There's at least a small amount of data held on the cart it seems, I guess to track basic progress?

Joe Molotov

Hmm, well I was trying to buy something from the store and it said "The network is currently down for maintenance" and kicked me out.

theBishop

Banned
I gotta say, the PlaySation Vita carrying case is pretty poorly designed. Can you return opened accessories at Gamestop?

I downloaded Monster Hunter Freedom Unite to my Vita last night and I was SO excited to map the camera to the right analog stick. Even after doing that I STILL use the claw out of habit. I wonder if I'll ever be able to retrain myself not to do that.

Is there any reason for me to buy this game? In all likelihood, I'll never play it with another human. I'd attempt adhoc party, but I'll never find someone to play in person.

JWong

Banned
DF have put up an article on the memory cards. They found out that they're even slower than an SD card a quarter of the price.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-how-fast-are-vita-memory-cards

That's a terrible way to test.

Don't they know that Sony uses security archiving to compress and lock files before they are transferred, then uncompress it for installation? That's the part that takes long.

If Sony isn't allowing these memory cards to be used as mass storage media so it could be tested with a proper memory card reader (which will be never), then there's no way to test it.

Carl

Just buy it you won't regret it even if you have it on the console :D

We can't do that, we can convince you to buy it though!

There are no reasons NOT to buy Rayman. I'm sorry. That game is just so good...

Not happening bro. It's just SO GUD

*Sigh* I hate you all. Bought, i guess :p

It's clearly not a showstopper that will keep anyone's mouth agape throughout the experience. PASS.

At least someone is nice! :p

That's a terrible way to test.

Don't they know that Sony uses security archiving to compress and lock files before they are transferred, then uncompress it for installation? That's the part that takes long.

If Sony isn't allowing these memory cards to be used as mass storage media so it could be tested with a proper memory card reader (which will be never), then there's no way to test it.
This. As these cards have serious encryption and compression run on the data they contain, it seems reasonable that their raw performance is probably quite high. I believe the price is justified because even if the security overhead results in pretty standard memory card performance overall, a mediocre memory card would perform abysmally under equivalent circumstances...

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I bought 4 copies of Rayman Origins on each platform. It's that good.

If this post comes off as hyperbolic and hard to believe, it's probably because Rayman Origins is that good. It's got me in a tizzy.

I bought 4 copies of Rayman Origins on each platform. It's that good.

If this post comes off as hyperbolic and hard to believe, it's probably because Rayman Origins is that good. It's got me in a tizzy.

It's probably my favourite game this generation. I will never, ever stop gushing about Rayman Origins.

Reclaimer

The last third of Uncharted GA elevated it to squarely compete with the full console games. It's just great.

Is the flicker app good enough to convince me to sign up for a account? I have a ton of screenshots I want off this thing, and would rather not use content manager.

I noticed that taking screenshots is starting to slow down now that I have dozens and dozens of them on there already. :/

okay, after getting my ass handed to me for the tenth time in a row on online umvc3 - is there something that i'm missing here? or do i suck that bad

Pachimari

Just played through the Training mission in Unit 13. The cursor doesn't seem to be as good as in Uncharted: Golden Abyss, I mean, I don't like the lock-on feature, which hopefully can be turned off. I haven't played it much yet, just tried it out, but it already seem to be awesome. Give me more of those stealth missions! =)

Skilletor

okay, after getting my ass handed to me for the tenth time in a row on online umvc3 - is there something that i'm missing here? or do i suck that bad

That's hard to say. What problems are you having? Who are you losing to? Who are you using?

I have run in to people who rocked my shit, lol. Some dude using Wesker I couldn't touch. For the most part, though, I'm steam rolling people.

Ken

Hard to say without knowing much.

Send me a friend request and we can play a few matches if you want: nya_08

So what's this about Toys 'R Us running a B1G1 sale already? Really? I bought three games at launch, one of which I haven't even played yet, and now I'm being severely tempted to pick up two more games next week. Argh!

Nightz

So what's this about Toys 'R Us running a B1G1 sale already? Really? I bought three games at launch, one of which I haven't even played yet, and now I'm being severely tempted to pick up two more games next week. Argh!

It's a buy 1 get 1 50% off. Should be a little less tempting now. =P

It's a buy 1 get 1 50% off. Should be a little less tempting now. =P

Ahh! Thanks. Still pretty tempting. Lumines needs to be in my library, I'm just not sure what else I'd add. Uncharted and Ninja Gaiden are eating up my limited play time at the moment, and I know once I get rolling on Hotshots Golf, I'm doomed.

Loving my Vita btw. It was great traveling with last week and I love all the technology that Sony has packed into the device. Some of it needs refinement of course, but otherwise it has been well worth the purchase.

I have the same screen protector and it is wonderful. I also have the Hori Hard case which is also very nice.

The Hori Hard case is this one, right?

61rtR3b3DBL._AA1200_.jpg

How does the Vita fit inside? Is it loose? Also is the inside padded or hard? And does the outside feel sturdy? I'm getting mine soon but I'm kinda worried. I'm terrified something might happen to my Vita in my bag during the day.

PS: If you loved NGS, you should love NGS+. I guess it depends if you've ever double dipped on a game you love and if you regretted doing so. I double dipped on NGS+ and have no regrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom