• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you shower or bathe? At night or in the morning?

I used to take baths when I was a kid, but started showering eventually. Showers are the proper way to clean yourself. Everything washes off you and down the drain. With baths, you bathe in your own filth. Everything stays in the water in which you're already sitting. It's disgusting. The last time I took a bath was maybe three years ago when I wanted to relax, and I took a shower after because I couldn't stand the feeling.

I sometimes shower twice a day, mostly during summers. Once after waking up, and another at night before going to bed. But when I shower only once, I very much prioritize the latter. There is no feeling quite like getting under the bed sheets immediately after shower. It feels heavenly. Also, I have trouble sleeping if I feel dirty. It's a serious issue; I have to be clean when trying to sleep.

tr4nce 26

Banned
I usually shower twice a day. Sometimes 3 depending on if I worked out that day.

I live in Arizona, and I like to be fresh and on point so I do what I have to do.

Grexeno

Shower in the morning is the only correct answer. You can add another in the evening but you can't start your day with all of yesterday still on you.

Izuna

Banned
I haven't had a bath in such a long time.

Like shit, I'll probably do it on holiday for the sheer novelty.

anyway OP, you're meant to shower before the bath (and after)

Pein

Banned
how the fuck do people go to bed after being out all day, that’s gross. Take a shower at night and get all of outside off of you.

bman94

In college I showered at night because I usually came from band practice soaking wet in sweat and in the morning it was always a hassle to shower in the dorm room. Was dark as shit cause I would always be up way before my roommate, and would never know when the suitemates would barge in the bathroom (they never fucking knocked). So it was just easier to shower at night.

Now that I have a job now I shower as much as I want to. Mainly just in the morning but if I get time to work out at night or been busy all day and got sweaty I'll take an additional shower at night.

I used to fucking LOVE baths as a kid. It was like a fucking pool in your bathroom. Fun as shit.

I prefer showering in the evening; I find it relaxes me before climbing into a nice warm bed. If I shower in the morning, I just feel groggy until lunchtime. Frequency? As needed. Usually every other day or every third day unless I've been doing an inordinate amount of physical work or otherwise getting filthy. I haven't been able to enjoy a bath in years because you still have to shower after you're done; what the hell is the point of that?

Shower at night, makes it easier to fall asleep at the end of the day.

I don't understand people that shower more than once a day. Waste of time, water, and it's generally seen as unhealthy.

entremet

how the fuck do people go to bed after being out all day, that's gross. Take a shower at night and get all of outside off of you.

We're office workers in temperature controlled work environments, barely doing any heavy labor or true physical work. We're fine.

I shower once in the morning and at night at the gym when I go.

Dishwalla

Banned
Showering in the morning helps me wake up. If I do a lot of physical work and get all sweaty I will shower at night before bed too.

_Ryo_

Hot, steaming, shower. Helps my sore back and fucked up leg. Bath after shower sometimes. Depends if I got enough candles.

finalflame

Gold Member
Morning shower every day. No exceptions.

Evening shower if I worked out or did something otherwise physically strenuous.

louiedog

Shower in the morning. Not just for me, but anyone who might have to glance in the general direction of my hair that day. I can't do anything with it after sleeping otherwise.

I take a shower in the morning, every other day. Don't even have a bathtub, so no choice there.
I kinda feel like you start sweating and stuff as you sleep anyway, so no use showering before going to bed if you want to be fresh the next morning. I guess I can see the appeal in using it as a sort of relaxing moment though, showering after work or whatever.

mrkgoo

Shower in the morning is the only correct answer. You can add another in the evening but you can't start your day with all of yesterday still on you.

I've done both schedules at different times of my adult life, but if you shower in the evening you most certainly do not start the day with "all of yesterday still on you". At most it's, all of the night before, but typically showering at night is at the end of the day not long before bed. And your bed is clean because you go to bed clean.

If anything, when you shower in the morning you're actually going to bed with "all of that day" still on you.

Sun Drugs

I've done both schedules at different times of my adult life, but if you shower in the evening you most certainly do not start the day with "all of yesterday still on you". At most it's, all of the night before, but typically showering at night is at the end of the day not long before bed. And your bed is clean because you go to bed clean.

If anything, when you shower in the morning you're actually going to bed with "all of that day" still on you.

Maybe it's just me but the act of sleep feels like it makes me feel 'dirtier' than doing the things I normally do during the day. I tend to sweat a lot. Then there's the drooling. I have a weird bowel thing so when I wake up, I have a lot of gas and need to fart a lot. Also, my hair is untameable unless I take a shower.

I can't start my day without taking a shower.

Hydrus

I'll never understand the "only shower in the morning" thing. Thats pretty gross. You move around all day, sweat, get swamp ass, touch and rub up against dirty things all day, then you sleep all night, stinking up your bed, then shower?! Thats nasty. I shower every night before bed. Shower in the mornings and evenings on weekends/ days off. Only time I'll ever take a hot bath is if I'm super sore and stressed and need to relax a bit. Hot bath's help me with sleeping.

BorganXI

Bath in the evening. A good hour or two, to relax and have some time to myself from the kids.

Got my phone, magazine or book to read.

When I'm done, turn on the shower and get cleaned up.

I usually alternate, shower on a daaywhen I plan to wash my hair and bathe when I just want to relax. In the winter I try to bathe vs shower more because even with the warm shower water I still freeze in my shower and especially when I finally get out of my bathroom. I wash almost always in the evenings a few hours before bed.

I'm so good looking I have no choice but to bathe so I can sip my own bath water.

I do it twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I work night shift.

hydruxo

Shower at night. I'm definitely in the "how the fuck do you get into bed without showering" camp. That shit is gross.

Plus I don't sweat or anything while I sleep so I don't need to take a shower in the morning having just taken one the night before.

Shinypogs

Shower mostly, whatever time of day I feel like it.

Bath when sick because there's no way I'm standing and soaking in hot water helps.

Top Bottom