• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: GZ Deja Vu mission announced for 360, Raiden mission announced for PS3/PS4

Solidino

Waiting announcement

gU1Pexn.jpg

After Announcement

images

oh%2Bmy%2Bgod%2Bthis%2Bis%2Bthe%2Bbest%2Bgif%2Bever%2B_ad2a341091aed8e8b6ce6c5f5e66cc8b.gif

Meanwhile in Konami secret room...

FGkuXOp.jpg

R-User!

Pleased that I'll get to play Jamais Vu as opposed to watching a playthrough on YT.

Still wishing Hayter will make an appearance in another Metal Gear if not this one. When playing the Deja Vu mission and hearing Keifer talk it just doesn't feel right at all.

I think Keifer is goIng to star in an MGS movie, and the synergy between the two mediums is perhaps what Kojima is going for; as well as setting up a KeiferBigBoss vs HayterSolidSnake showdown in a follow up game/MG1-2 remake/follow up to The Phantom Pain. Or not.

Fake edit: Perhaps they'll do an MG1-2 as a CG movie so that Hayter can voice Solid and Keifer can voice Big Boss... That way you don't have to hire yet another actor/voice to replace the iconic Hayter/SS.

One MASSIVE CUTSCENE.

Kojima's wet dream.

joking about the wet dream. I'd buy it day one for $50 if it was three hours or longer.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I think all the hoopla over them selling a demo for $30 caused this content to be given away for free. Maybe grab a few fence sitters like myself.

Nzyme32

I don't know why people latch on to these announcements being big. If he's going to make a big announcement it will be done in the most public and loud way possible. Probably some sort of large event like e3 or a platform holders event, not a live stream advertised via twitter to a Japanese audience only rather than a more global audience or even involving konami talking up an incoming announcement globally

eXistor

This is..important to whom? Kojima said this was important! O:

It's something I can actually use: it's an extra mission for GZ. Free new content. I, for one, think this is a better announcement than I was expecting (release date or some useless thing).

Can't complain about free. Gives me a reason to go back. I wonder if they'll add the corresponding trophy and achievement for it.
So Konami made the missions "exclusive" so that later they could add it as a "bonus".

What a joke.
People will find anything to complain about. It's free. It would've been a joke if they charged for it or kept them exclusive forever.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Wow, that's so surprising. No one with a brain expected that whilst the fanboys were raging due to Kojima's incredible betrayal of the PlayStation brand.

Mumford

It was expected.
I expected it at least.
What wasn't expected though was it being free. This'll be nice. Maybe I should pick up GZ now.

Ricker

Please don't do that...I hate when there's some added stuff only for one console when the game is on all of them...

As someone who just did the raiden missions last night your not missing much, it's about 10 mins of mission and you don't even get to slice guys. That said I'm all for free content especially how little there is in ground zeroes.

Solidino

i want some new side op mission, some music (for free of course, like MGS4), waiting TPP (March 2015 or Christmas 2015), over 25 hours for GZ and i'm not tired yet, great gameplay.

BibiMaghoo

I was hoping for more, but that is not bad. No complaints at a free mission. Would have been nice if they had added a couple though.

I think these are great news! I don't know what the hell people expected anyways. Too much hyperbole in these threads.

But yes, this makes the PS4 version the definitive version.

Freeman

Banned
Shame. Why make this exclusive content when both could just get double the content from the start? Who benefits from this?

Top Bottom