• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

espher
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

you do? Boy do I ever hope to meet such gullible people. Atleast then I don't have to hear people complain about what a crappy job I'd make since you know... their money is already in my pocket.

Forgive me if I sound like an asshole, but I happen to live in the real world and deal with real people. I've also learned that if you trust someone simply on someone's word, you're in for a VERY displeasing time

If only I never had to do things that required a deposit.

Oh, and didn't order fast food.
Silky
Banned
(03-09-2014, 06:23 PM)

Originally Posted by espher

If only I never had to do things that required a deposit.

Oh, and didn't order fast food.

what are you talking about that doesn't happen in the real world, you obviously don't live in the Real world
J-Tier
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:23 PM)
J-Tier's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

The OP GAVE him money under the promise that Dred Foxx would work with him. That is just stupid. When you require a service, first you have that person do such service and only after it is done, do you pay for it. Do you pay before someone cooks you a meal? Do you pay before someone fixes something for you?

There are quite a few services where you pay first, including eating at a ton of restaurants. Just saying.
Zephyrus
Banned
(03-09-2014, 06:23 PM)

Originally Posted by espher

If only I never had to do things that required a deposit.

Oh, and didn't order fast food.

thankfully I'm blessed that I don't have to. There might be a reason for that.
EatinOlives
Harass A Bull?
Report to HR.
(03-09-2014, 06:24 PM)
EatinOlives's Avatar

Originally Posted by kubus

Yeah, this is shady as fuck too.



The fact that three people already volunteered to donate makes me sad.

I cringed when I read that FB post.

The shamelessness in asking "JUST SMALL DONATIONS" to replace an iPad, the constant namedropping of PaRappa to get the fans on board, the "I'm not trying to take advantage" shortly followed by "just think...you're helping out a friend". The fans so easily swindled out of their cash, and the saddest of all is the one fan who has to wait until payday to donate $5 because he can't afford it at the moment.

Legit cringed.
Chacranajxy
I paid good money for this Dynex!
(03-09-2014, 06:25 PM)
Chacranajxy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dipper145

Anyone who views this would see that dredd was in the wrong. Anyone who reads about king and the copyright candy scandal would see its kind of a scummy thing to do.

Not everyone who plays/listens to parrapa would know about this, and not everyone who plays candy crush would know about that.

Isn't that more accurate?

Guys, fucks sake.

His name is Dred, not Dredd. He's not a badass comic book hero, he is a man who does the voice for a cartoon dog.
BibiMaghoo
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:25 PM)
BibiMaghoo's Avatar
If I paid some dude for some work that wasn't a friend and they never delivered, nor did they refund me, I would just call that theft and report it as such. It would probably be a civil matter, but that alone would likely get someone to not only pay you once they get a summons - before they have to pay court fee's on top - but fucking swiftly at that.

Why did you not do this OP? He stole from you right? You have evidence of this? Then get on it.
Zephyrus
Banned
(03-09-2014, 06:26 PM)

Originally Posted by J-Tier

There are quite a few services where you pay first, including eating at a ton of restaurants. Just saying.

There are. Doesn't mean I have to.

It's well known that the food and service you get from places that require payment first, aren't exactly top notch.

Anyway I'm quitting here. I turned the angry mob attention towards me with some unpleasent but truthfull remarks.
Zetta
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:29 PM)
Zetta's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaBlackNerd

I feel compelled to ask just one more questions as I am fairly interested in the answer from some of you.

Clearly, Dredd is down on his luck and in the wrong here, clearly he is an asshole and as a black guy who isnt retarded and talks in jibberish I do dislike him just a bit for his representation....BUT


What is your thoughts on the situation being seen as dog piling on a person down on his luck? Doing this in the public eye and making (not that OP did this part intentionally) others publicly shame him can be viewed as attacking a person who has nothing and is clearly struggling.

If you paid a homeless to wash your car and then when he didnt you started to public berate and scream at him, to the outside viewer you just look like an asshole screaming at a homeless guy right?

To be clear the questions is, is there any concern of backlash of public shaming a person who seems to have nothing even if they are in the wrong?

It honestly depends on the situation. I can understand giving him a pass if he apologized and explained his situation to OP, sadly he didn't do either. He berated the OP who was a fan and is showing no remorse in it. The OP is doing the correct thing here in showing everyone how much of a scumbag this guy is and he should be receiving no backlash whatsoever from this.
J-Tier
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:29 PM)
J-Tier's Avatar

Originally Posted by BibiMaghoo

If I paid some dude for some work that wasn't a friend and they never delivered, nor did they refund me, I would just call that theft and report it as such. It would probably be a civil matter, but that alone would likely get someone to not only pay you once they get a summons - before they have to pay court fee's on top - but fucking swiftly at that.

Why did you not do this OP? He stole from you right? You have evidence of this? Then get on it.

I'm pretty sure that the fact that it's "written" via type on Facebook makes his word binding. And if the OP can offer proof that the transaction happened via a paypal email reciept, then he's pretty much good to go in saying that what happened was theft. There's no defending it.
Chacranajxy
I paid good money for this Dynex!
(03-09-2014, 06:30 PM)
Chacranajxy's Avatar

Originally Posted by J-Tier

I'm pretty sure that the fact that it's "written" via type on Facebook makes his word binding. ANd if the OP can offer proof that the transaction happened via a paypal email reciept, then he's pretty much good to go in saying that what happened was theft. There's no defending it.

It doesn't even have to be written, it's still a binding contract. But yes, as far as evidence goes, the fact that it's written on facebook is pretty much proof of the matter.
staticneuron
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:30 PM)
staticneuron's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaBlackNerd

I guess I just morally disagree with you. I wouldnt scream at a homeless even if he robbed me. I would be pissed yes but the guy is homeless and there is any number of things that could be going on with him. Would I scream at a young mother who stole food from me to try and feed her kid? I think (or at least I hope) I would see her plight and try to work out the problem privately in a way that wouldnt shame her before I would throw her down in the street and scream that the police take her away. (As in maybe she can work off the amount she stole)

I guess I am too old to understand the internet as half the time it seems like we are fighting as enlighten people who do not resemble the typical brutes of traditional conservatives but then again it seems like it clearly ok to shame someone into oblivion of we collective decide we dont like them...in the exact same way I was when us older blokes were when we started gaming decades ago.

Dredd is a scumbag but it doesnt mean I have to lower myself to scumbag status just because he decided to.


......Wow....in rereading this post you can really tell I am old as hell. Ugh, I kinda sound like a parent or a teacher. Ugh. Time to get off the internet for a while.

Lol, it isn't about age but perspective. People who do not understand what you are talking about are thinking about this from a different perspective entirely.

The concept of these actions coming back to haunt you "even if you are right" doesn't seem to be understood by many people.... until it actually happens to them. For some it needs to be live and learn and no other ways about it.
Jigolo
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:30 PM)
Jigolo's Avatar

Originally Posted by kubus

Yeah, this is shady as fuck too.



The fact that three people already volunteered to donate makes me sad.

So he's scamming his fans. Hm.
BibiMaghoo
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:31 PM)
BibiMaghoo's Avatar

Originally Posted by J-Tier

There are quite a few services where you pay first, including eating at a ton of restaurants. Just saying.

If I ever walked into a restaurant, and they asked me to pay them for anything before I ate, I would leave. I would never go back. That is some seriously shitty service. The only instance I can think of where I have ever had to pay for a service up front was a couple of late night taxi's picking me up from random places with no address. I considered that a bit rude, but understandable. In a restaurant where you pay for the service? No way.

Originally Posted by J-Tier

I'm pretty sure that the fact that it's "written" via type on Facebook makes his word binding. And if the OP can offer proof that the transaction happened via a paypal email reciept, then he's pretty much good to go in saying that what happened was theft. There's no defending it.

Yeah, was thinking the same. Proof of payment and proof of the agreement would stick. He would pay up sharp.
Zephyrus
Banned
(03-09-2014, 06:31 PM)

Originally Posted by J-Tier

I'm pretty sure that the fact that it's "written" via type on Facebook makes his word binding. And if the OP can offer proof that the transaction happened via a paypal email reciept, then he's pretty much good to go in saying that what happened was theft. There's no defending it.

I'm pretty sure the law doesn't cover facebook "contracts". I could be wrong though. Not familiar with US law.
Trey
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

No, I don't. EVER. Money is interchanged once I have the product on my hands, not before.

You have to pay at the door to get into buffets. I bought a suit yesterday that has to be adjusted and I pick it up tomorrow.

Are you saying the buffet and the suit store can tell me to fuck off and I have no claim to the money I paid or the product agreed upon?
rjinaz
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:32 PM)
rjinaz's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaBlackNerd

I guess I just morally disagree with you. I wouldnt scream at a homeless even if he robbed me. I would be pissed yes but the guy is homeless and there is any number of things that could be going on with him. Would I scream at a young mother who stole food from me to try and feed her kid? I think (or at least I hope) I would see her plight and try to work out the problem privately in a way that wouldnt shame her before I would throw her down in the street and scream that the police take her away. (As in maybe she can work off the amount she stole)

I guess we are on totally different wavelengths then. Forgetting the fact that somebody robbing you could actually harm or kill you or anybody that you are with, it's still a crime. If the guy asks me for money, I may give him some but I don't have to.

Also, the guy wants an ipad, he's hardly homeless or a starving mother with mouths to feed or he'd have other things on his mind.

Also, I agree with you that shaming people we do not like is wrong. I am never ok with people saying hateful things towards anybody without a really good reason, but he lied, stole $100, and then lied about it and mocked the OP. There are times when shaming people is alright, and actually for their own good believe it or not. If not for some shame, he may not even realize what he is doing is wrong.
ramyeon
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:32 PM)
ramyeon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

I'm pretty sure the law doesn't cover facebook "contracts". I could be wrong though. Not familiar with US law.

It's a verbal contract.
Conezays
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:33 PM)
Conezays's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaBlackNerd

This is my point.

You only wind up continuously having to reach deeper and deeper into the abyss to prove your point and you wind up looking more and more crazy even though you are still in the right. You cant really fight with a crazy person or a pure asshole because they are crazy and an asshole and you are not. That means they will always be able to drive the stakes higher regardless of how detrimental it is.

I simply do not believe that the public shame gives you more leverage I think it backs you further into a corner especially if you do not go through the proper channels first. It might give you some internet high fives but if you really wanted to get this resolved I think a judge would question why you sprinted off to facebook instead of filing the proper paperwork.


On a unrelated not, do not really know why people are interpreting what I said as, "Life has no consequences." Confused by that.

I think you've made some points that are fair enough, however they seem a little out of context with regards to the situation at hand. Could OP have handled things slightly better in an ideal world? Perhaps, but nowhere near as egregiously poor as Dred Foxx has behaved. This is not an example of OP trying to get into talks with the hottest voice actor in the business-this is someone, that all evidence has pointed to, in being lying, deceitful, and perhaps more importantly, NOT someone who has been getting voice acting gigs. The "odasity" of a guy making fun of fans of a 17-year old game wherein he voice acted is just mind boggling.

If the $100 suggestion was so "beneath" Foxx, then simply say "I'm sorry, I can't" and move on. You don't waste a person's time for months with lies and proclamations of what better projects you have going on, "my agent says ___" only to fuck someone over. Guaranteed you won't see any legitimate professional voice actors who are *CURRENTLY* employed acting remotely in the same fashion.
Last edited by Conezays; 03-09-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Chacranajxy
I paid good money for this Dynex!
(03-09-2014, 06:33 PM)
Chacranajxy's Avatar

Originally Posted by BibiMaghoo

If I ever walked into a restaurant, and they asked me to pay them for anything before I ate, I would leave. I would never go back. That is some seriously shitty service. The only instance I can think of where I have ever had to pay for a service up front was a couple of late night taxi's picking me up from random places with no address. I considered that a bit rude, but understandable. In a restaurant where you pay for the service? No way.

Mcdonalds!
L Thammy
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:33 PM)
L Thammy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

It's well known that the food and service you get from places that require payment first, aren't exactly top notch.

That must be why McDonald's never caught on.
And major construction projects that take huge amounts of time never happen.

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

I'm pretty sure the law doesn't cover facebook "contracts". I could be wrong though. Not familiar with US law.

Pretty sure informal contracts exist and are binding in the UK as well, probably a lot of Europe.
J-Tier
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:33 PM)
J-Tier's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

I'm pretty sure the law doesn't cover facebook "contracts". I could be wrong though. Not familiar with US law.

This is the case. A contract is a contract. Especially if it's written, there's no backing out of it in the "eyes" of US law.
TheLostBigBoss
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:33 PM)
TheLostBigBoss's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

I'm pretty sure the law doesn't cover facebook "contracts". I could be wrong though. Not familiar with US law.

Sounds like a verbal contract to me.

EDIT: Beaten

EDIT 2.0: Actually it isn't verbal, it's just a contract. Both parties agreed to an exchange of goods. One didn't live up to the agreement.

Court Dismissed, bring in the dancing lobsters!
Last edited by TheLostBigBoss; 03-09-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Jackpot
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:35 PM)
Jackpot's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaBlackNerd

Sigh.

Wannabe Donald Trump here. "Speaking as a huge successful business owner... "
ramyeon
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:35 PM)
ramyeon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

you do? Boy do I ever hope to meet such gullible people. Atleast then I don't have to hear people complain about what a crappy job I'd make since you know... their money is already in my pocket.

Forgive me if I sound like an asshole, but I happen to live in the real world and deal with real people. I've also learned that if you trust someone simply on someone's word, you're in for a VERY displeasing time

Holy shit this is actually golden. Especially since you're wrong.

There are countless places that take payment up front and deliver fine services, ridiculous.
Sendou
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:35 PM)
Sendou's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheLostBigBoss

Sounds like a verbal contract to me.

EDIT: Beaten

True and it's even better considering how there's evidence of what was agreed to.
Hattori
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:36 PM)
Hattori's Avatar
who eats fast food anyways (PaRappa)
PossumMeat
Banned
(03-09-2014, 06:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Chacranajxy

Guys, fucks sake.

His name is Dred, not Dredd. He's not a badass comic book hero, he is a man who does the voice for a cartoon dog.

I'm guessing the mix-up comes from him seemingly ripping off comedian Redd Foxx.

So people are prone to adding the extra D. Which kind of makes sense, for a double dose of his douchebaggery.
Last edited by PossumMeat; 03-09-2014 at 06:38 PM. Reason: edit: fixing failures
BibiMaghoo
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:38 PM)
BibiMaghoo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chacranajxy

Mcdonalds!

I guess I don't consider that a restaurant, but you're right. I pay them and get my food at the same time way I see it. If I don't, I grumble in a very British way about how not fast, the fast food is.

If I went to an actual restaurant and that happened, I would laugh in their faces.
Zephyrus
Banned
(03-09-2014, 06:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Trey

You have to pay at the door to get into buffets. I bought a suit yesterday that has to be adjusted and I pick it up tomorrow.

Are you saying the buffet and the suit store can tell me to fuck off and I have no claim to the money I paid or the product agreed upon?

No, and I never said so.

But they could if you did not have a receipt. You could have paid money and if you did not have a receipt, as in CONCRETE PROOF of the transaction, they could very well tell you to fuck off... or am I wrong in this too?

which reminds me... OP, you DO have a receipt of the payment you made, right? If you do, why didn't you go to the autorities with said receipt (plus screenshots from Dred basically admitting he got the money from you) in the first place?
MrBadger
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:40 PM)
MrBadger's Avatar
Out of interest, would people be calling Judge Dred gullible and stupid if OP promised him payment, he did the lines first and then OP finished his cartoon and never paid up?
ramyeon
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:41 PM)
ramyeon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

No, and I never said so.

But they could if you did not have a receipt. You could have paid money and if you did not have a receipt, as in CONCRETE PROOF of the transaction, they could very well tell you to fuck off... or am I wrong in this too?

which reminds me... OP, you DO have a receipt of the payment you made, right? If you do, why didn't you go to the autorities with said receipt (plus screenshots from Dred basically admitting he got the money from you) in the first place?

He does have proof, the chat logs are enough to serve as a binding verbal contract and would be suitable in a court of law as far as I know.

The problem is that it would cost more and require more effort to take the issue to court than it's probably worth, being only $100 and all.

Stop being intentionally obtuse.
Tellaerin
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:42 PM)
Tellaerin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

No, and I never said so.

But they could if you did not have a receipt. You could have paid money and if you did not have a receipt, as in CONCRETE PROOF of the transaction, they could very well tell you to fuck off... or am I wrong in this too?

which reminds me... OP, you DO have a receipt of the payment you made, right? If you do, why didn't you go to the autorities with said receipt (plus screenshots from Dred basically admitting he got the money from you) in the first place?

It's starting to sound like you're blaming him for getting scammed. :p
Chacranajxy
I paid good money for this Dynex!
(03-09-2014, 06:43 PM)
Chacranajxy's Avatar

Originally Posted by ramyeon

He does have proof, the chat logs are enough to serve as a binding verbal contract and would be suitable in a court of law as far as I know.

Stop being intentionally obtuse.

Speaking as a lawyer, yes, you are correct. There's, at the very least, a verbal contract here (well, depending on how the terms were originally communicated), and depending on how much of it is in writing on Facebook, it's almost definitely a written one, too. It doesn't matter that it's on Facebook -- it doesn't have to be on some sacred legal parchment. As such, the dude's clearly in breach.

I was bored, so I wrote Dred's opening statement:

Cameron, lil bitch, he ain't got shit on me
Comin' round here trying to roll on my FANmily

Kid says I stole a hundred bucks
Bitch please, I don't give three fucks

Little hopper just spreadin' lies on the internet
You want your pocket change, bitch? I spent it.

ARF ARF

this cartoon dog'll kill you with a right hook
It's watchu get when you think you can spit on Facebook.

Seriously, dawg, we all can't even stand ya
You're like a doofier version of George Costanza

Oh, I'm sorry; was that reference from before your time?
Whatever, infant, you ain't gettin' a fuckin' dime.
BibiMaghoo
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:44 PM)
BibiMaghoo's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrBadger

Out of interest, would people be calling Judge Dred gullible and stupid if OP promised him payment, he did the lines first and then OP finished his cartoon and never paid up?

Hmm.

If you flipped it round, and Parappa was ripped off by OP, then it would be OP being the dick. But then OP would not have made the thread. PaRappa would have made the thread complaining about OP, and we would be all like ''Shit PaRappa, that's some cold shit dog, you should report OP or cap him or some shit''.

That would actually be a better thread. I demand OP that you rip off PaRappa so he comes here and tells the world in illegible text.
Camjo-Z
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:44 PM)
Camjo-Z's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

which reminds me... OP, you DO have a receipt of the payment you made, right? If you do, why didn't you go to the autorities with said receipt (plus screenshots from Dred basically admitting he got the money from you) in the first place?

I have proof the money was sent through Western Union, yes. As for why I didn't go to the authorities, I didn't really know how to go about it. The methods I looked up all involved having to go to his state, which was not really an option for me.

Originally Posted by Chacranajxy

I was bored, so I wrote Dred's opening statement:

We all know how PaRappa acts in court.
Last edited by Camjo-Z; 03-09-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Trey
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

No, and I never said so.

But they could if you did not have a receipt. You could have paid money and if you did not have a receipt, as in CONCRETE PROOF of the transaction, they could very well tell you to fuck off... or am I wrong in this too?

I'd need a receipt technically but nowadays that's mostly a formality as I can prove I paid money to them if they tried to deny me my product.

Which is exactly what these guys can prove. Combined with the screen caps and the fact that the dude confirmed the story himself in public. Even if everything was deleted there are multiple witnesses.

But 100 dollars isn't worth going to court for.
Zephyrus
Banned
(03-09-2014, 06:46 PM)

Originally Posted by ramyeon

Holy shit this is actually golden. Especially since you're wrong.

There are countless places that take payment up front and deliver fine services, ridiculous.

Oh I'm sure there are. I'm just not willing to look for them.
Excuse me if I sound like a prick, but either you deliver a good job or you don't see your money.

People have been using the Mcdonald's argument against me, which actually increases my point. How many of you actually got poor service and wrong orders at McDonalds. I know I have. Several times. From burgers with mayo despite asking for burgers without it. With onions... with the wrong burger. Missing fries... I can go back and complain because I have the receipt, but many times the "fixed" order ends up tasting a bit "funky".
MrBadger
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:47 PM)
MrBadger's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chacranajxy

Speaking as a lawyer, yes, you are correct. There's, at the very least, a verbal contract here (well, depending on how the terms were originally communicated), and depending on how much of it is in writing on Facebook, it's almost definitely a written one, too. It doesn't matter that it's on Facebook -- it doesn't have to be on some sacred legal parchment. As such, the dude's clearly in breach.

I was bored, so I wrote Dred's opening statement:

Cameron, lil bitch, he ain't got shit on me
Comin' round here trying to roll on my FANmily

Kid says I stole a hundred bucks
Bitch please, I don't give three fucks

Little hopper just spreadin' lies on the internet
You want your pocket change, bitch? I spent it.

ARF ARF

this cartoon dog'll kill you with a right hook
It's watchu get when you think you can spit on Facebook.

Seriously, dawg, we all can't even stand ya
You're like a doofier version of George Costanza

Oh, I'm sorry; was that reference from before your time?
Whatever, infant, you ain't gettin' a fuckin' dime.

Footage of the trial (Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies DLC case spoiler)
StormyTheRabbit
(03-09-2014, 06:47 PM)
StormyTheRabbit's Avatar
Hey I'm not far from Edinborough!
Chacranajxy
I paid good money for this Dynex!
(03-09-2014, 06:47 PM)
Chacranajxy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Camjo-Z

I have proof the money was sent through Western Union, yes. As for why I didn't go to the authorities, I didn't really know how to go about it. The methods I looked up all involved having to go to his state, which was not really an option for me.

It's not worth going to court for, but you might as well tell him you're filing suit on his facebook page, if only to see what happens. You have a legitimate claim, so you're totally in the clear if you do that. And, I mean... you're clearly not getting your hundred, so you might as well see how much entertainment you can get out of this.
J-Tier
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:49 PM)
J-Tier's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

Oh I'm sure there are. I'm just not willing to look for them.
Excuse me if I sound like a prick, but either you deliver a good job or you don't see your money.

People have been using the Mcdonald's argument against me, which actually increases my point. How many of you actually got poor service and wrong orders at McDonalds. I know I have. Several times. From burgers with mayo despite asking for burgers without it. With onions... with the wrong burger. Missing fries... I can go back and complain because I have the receipt, but many times the "fixed" order ends up tasting a bit "funky".

I don't see how poor services at McDonalds is helping your argument against the OP being scammed. It's totally irrelevant.
Immaculate
aka Marshall Lee
(03-09-2014, 06:51 PM)
Immaculate's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

Oh I'm sure there are. I'm just not willing to look for them.
Excuse me if I sound like a prick, but either you deliver a good job or you don't see your money.

People have been using the Mcdonald's argument against me, which actually increases my point. How many of you actually got poor service and wrong orders at McDonalds. I know I have. Several times. From burgers with mayo despite asking for burgers without it. With onions... with the wrong burger. Missing fries... I can go back and complain because I have the receipt, but many times the "fixed" order ends up tasting a bit "funky".

you don't even know what the hell youre talking about anymore
Gestault
Junior Member
(03-09-2014, 06:51 PM)
Gestault's Avatar

Originally Posted by DaBlackNerd

This is my point.

You only wind up continuously having to reach deeper and deeper into the abyss to prove your point and you wind up looking more and more crazy even though you are still in the right. You cant really fight with a crazy person or a pure asshole because they are crazy and an asshole and you are not. That means they will always be able to drive the stakes higher regardless of how detrimental it is.

I simply do not believe that the public shame gives you more leverage I think it backs you further into a corner especially if you do not go through the proper channels first. It might give you some internet high fives but if you really wanted to get this resolved I think a judge would question why you sprinted off to facebook instead of filing the proper paperwork.

You seem to object to documenting and displaying wrongdoing using the words of the perpetrator themselves. Your string of posts demonstrates an incredible level of rationalization on the part of the person who was in the wrong, and well beyond a Devil's Advocate sort of consideration.

If you're looking at this rationally, considering the costs associated with a court proceeding, recovering the $100 loss through those channels isn't worth the investment. To be honst, I think you understand this, but it's a "reasonable" sounding deflection. On the other hand, making a pattern of behavior public (assuming the claims are accurate) is an appropriate and positive reaction to the situation. Foxx is slime, based on his own words. It's odd that you think highlighting the reality of that is somehow "trapping" the person making substantiated record of that, rather than Foxx himself.
Zephyrus
Banned
(03-09-2014, 06:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Camjo-Z

I have proof the money was sent through Western Union, yes. As for why I didn't go to the authorities, I didn't really know how to go about it. The methods I looked up all involved having to go to his state, which was not really an option for me.

Well if you tried going through those methods, I'm afraid I can offer no further insight into the matter. As I've said before, I do not know the US law.

I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully you learned a valuable lesson though.

Cheers from the internet are nice, but they won't help you. You (hopefully) matured from the experience and (hopefully) won't get fooled again.
ramyeon
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:52 PM)
ramyeon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

Oh I'm sure there are. I'm just not willing to look for them.
Excuse me if I sound like a prick, but either you deliver a good job or you don't see your money.

People have been using the Mcdonald's argument against me, which actually increases my point. How many of you actually got poor service and wrong orders at McDonalds. I know I have. Several times. From burgers with mayo despite asking for burgers without it. With onions... with the wrong burger. Missing fries... I can go back and complain because I have the receipt, but many times the "fixed" order ends up tasting a bit "funky".

Just stop.

The OP stated several times he admits he went about things the wrong way, but at worst he's guilty of being a bit naive.

I really don't know what the point you're trying to prove is.
Sizu Sizu
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:53 PM)
Sizu Sizu's Avatar
Scrounging for money on Facebook to replace an iPad makes me believe this guy has little self respect.

Seems a rather pathetic fellow hanging on to the coat tails of a video game character he voiced in the 90s.
NotoriousPUG
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:54 PM)
NotoriousPUG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

Actually, no he isn't one.

He's not taking money from anyone. He's not signing a contract and then bail out once he has the money. He's not doing anything a thief does.

Is he being an absolute asshole and despicable human being? Why, yes he is.
Is he still a thief? No.

The OP GAVE him money under the promise that Dred Foxx would work with him. That is just stupid. When you require a service, first you have that person do such service and only after it is done, do you pay for it. Do you pay before someone cooks you a meal? Do you pay before someone fixes something for you?

I know many of you are disgusted by the man's behavior, but the OP isn't in the right too.

He's a thief, no matter how you rationalize it. It's really that simple.
Zephyrus
Banned
(03-09-2014, 06:54 PM)

Originally Posted by J-Tier

I don't see how poor services at McDonalds is helping your argument against the OP being scammed. It's totally irrelevant.

I was following my line of thought from a few posts back saying that if you want something done right you pay after the service, not before. To which someone mentioning "that's why McDonalds never picked off".
Camjo-Z
Member
(03-09-2014, 06:55 PM)
Camjo-Z's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chacranajxy

It's not worth going to court for, but you might as well tell him you're filing suit on his facebook page, if only to see what happens. You have a legitimate claim, so you're totally in the clear if you do that. And, I mean... you're clearly not getting your hundred, so you might as well see how much entertainment you can get out of this.

I've threatened legal action twice, the first time he told me to "F*** Off" and the second time it was advised that I drop dead. I suspect a third time he might just decide to send some anthrax through the mail and be done with it.

Originally Posted by Zephyrus

Cheers from the internet are nice, but they won't help you. You (hopefully) matured from the experience and (hopefully) won't get fooled again.

Oh, I certainly have learned from all this.

Thread Tools