• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft is Giving Away AC IV: Black Flag and World in Conflict for Free (PC)

Great, dling now. Curious to try this.

UPDATE: wow, this runs badly. Glad I didn't pay for it. Seems like a nice game under the performance mess.

what you running on, as it shouldn't perform that badly with any decent GPu even at high settings overall.. If you are using the phys x setting, turn it low or off as it decimates performance. TXAA is brutal and frankly horrible anyway and PCSS has some impact, but by far biggest impact for me was phys x when messing with GPU settings

Vitacat

what you running on, as it shouldn't perform that badly with any decent GPu even at high settings overall.. If you are using the phys x setting, turn it low or off as it decimates performance. TXAA is brutal and frankly horrible anyway and PCSS has some impact, but by far biggest impact for me was phys x when messing with GPU settings

New laptop with 7700HQ and 1060 3GB. What really disappointed me was the inconsistent frame rate. This could be mitigated a little by manually changing CPU affinity and priority, but none of that should be necessary considering this same laptop runs most current games rather well at 1080p/60fps with high to ultra settings.

New laptop with 7700HQ and 1060 3GB. What really disappointed me was the inconsistent frame rate. This could be mitigated a little by manually changing CPU affinity and priority, but none of that should be necessary considering this same laptop runs most current games rather well at 1080p/60fps with high to ultra settings.

From what I remember it basically ran on one CPU core and didn't scale very well across multiple cores, only offering marginal benefits from using i7 over i5.

http://www.hardwarepal.com/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-benchmark-cpu-gpu/

I was able to get running at 60fps with my 370k overclocked as I was basically GPU bound by running everything at very high settings at higher resolutions.i don't remember if was completely stable, but was never terrible from memory (unlike the character movement and combat which is horrible). Certainly isn't bad as some other offenders out there such as evil within 2.

Par for course with Ubisoft ports I guess.

Espada

Great, dling now. Curious to try this.

UPDATE: wow, this runs badly. Glad I didn't pay for it. Seems like a nice game under the performance mess.

Yup, I'm enjoying it but my i5 4950+1070 combo is seeing wild framerate swings in this game that I don't get in 99% of games. This is a PC that can run stuff like ROTR @ 1440p at very high settings, 60 fps no problem. After doing some digging I found that the game just runs poorly, with a whole host of solutions doled out to fix it.

Yup, I'm enjoying it but my i5 4950+1070 combo is seeing wild framerate swings in this game that I don't get in 99% of games. This is a PC that can run stuff like ROTR @ 1440p at very high settings, 60 fps no problem. After doing some digging I found that the game just runs poorly, with a whole host of solutions doled out to fix it.

This is how I feel when I play Far Cry 3. I have a decent i7 and a 1070 ti, and I only play at 1080p. Game is 5 years old and runs pretty good but in some scenes will dip to 60 or below when compared to recent game engines it should never be less than 90

I feel like these older Ubisoft games and maybe even a couple recent ones just aren’t optimized well on PC

Espada

This is how I feel when I play Far Cry 3. I have a decent i7 and a 1070 ti, and I only play at 1080p. Game is 5 years old and runs pretty good but in some scenes will dip to 60 or below when compared to recent game engines it should never be less than 90

I feel like these older Ubisoft games and maybe even a couple recent ones just aren’t optimized well on PC

Yeah, that's what I think is the problem here. The game just isn't taking advantage of the extra hardware power like it should. Enabling adaptive sync and triple buffering has made it somewhat playable, but it sucks that it's marring an otherwise enjoyable pirate experience.

Top Bottom