• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS XBOX: Early Access Thread

Pantz

Easy way in to the top 5 in solo:

get a backpack, gas, and some armor if you can

find a car, preferably a buggy since it's harder to flip and runs over people good

drive buggy and run over people crossing the road, or just park somewhere in the shade and browse the internet

as the circle gets smaller, if you have plenty of gas, just keep driving around the edge of the circle and running people over when you see them

you rarely get shot at cuz people don't want to give away their position, and even if they do, they have to be pretty lucky to hit you.

you might have to get out at the end and fight on foot if they have a nice tree to hug

Grinchy

Banned
I played some on the X (with DVR turned off). This game is just terrible. I don't care about the parachuting part being 10fps as it doesn't affect the game itself. But the insane input lag on top of 24fps cinematic gameplay makes it borderline unplayable.

If you've seen it played on PC or played it yourself, this is not even the same game. It's a clunky mess.

Zero input lag for me, most of the time stays 30 fps except heavily populated area. :)
No offense, but you can't possibly be correct.

petrus91

I played some on the X. This game is just terrible. I don't care about the parachuting part being 10fps as it doesn't affect the game itself. But the insane input lag on top of 24fps cinematic gameplay makes it borderline unplayable.

If you've seen it played on PC or played it yourself, this is not even the same game. It's a clunky mess.

Zero input lag for me, most of the time stays 30 fps except heavily populated area. :)

Naked Lunch

The game is fun as hell already - and its only going to get better - not worse. There is simply nothing else like this on consoles.

I will give the game props for having no issues playing with friends. Start party, load game, no issues unlike so many other big budget multiplayer games at launch. We are finding full 100 player matches in seconds too. I was banking on that end of the game to be the roughest at launch but im pleasantly surprised its not.

petrus91

I played some on the X (with DVR turned off). This game is just terrible. I don't care about the parachuting part being 10fps as it doesn't affect the game itself. But the insane input lag on top of 24fps cinematic gameplay makes it borderline unplayable.

No offense, but you can't possibly be correct.
No problem, I just had my first chicken dinner tonight, just my 2 cents. No input lag for me as of now, of course bad framerate here and there, nothing that can’t be fixed. :)

Good joke.

There’s 33.3ms of input lag at a bare minimum for agame running at a stable 30FPS. Plus Vsync, the game engine, and latency between your controller and system, you’re looking more along the lines of 90ms on the low end.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Game is fine right now. I was early on the PC version as well and it was a mess there too. Doesn't make it any less fun and tense.

Still trying to get used to the inventory atm. God that thing is clunky.

Grinchy

Banned
Good joke.

There’s 33.3ms of input lag at a bare minimum for agame running at a stable 30FPS. Plus Vsync, the game engine, and latency between your controller and system, you’re looking more along the lines of 90ms on the low end.
I’m guessing it’s over 130 but I have no way of testing. It’s really bad.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Lemme guess, you're the type of person to complain about the lack of content when you get into an Alpha build of a game.

I have an idea of what I'm getting into when I buy into early access and I think it's perfectly fine. If it's still like this when they consider the game released? Then I'm going to complain.

petrus91

Good joke.

Let’s put it this way: as far as we’re looking at a 30 fps game, the lag is absolutely fine.
And I was one that got really turned about input lag on RotTR the day it released.
I play Destiny, played BF3 on good old PS3, a lot of 30 fps games these days, none of them including PUBG have turned out to be annoying/disturbing.
Wanna compare a 144+ fps situation? Fine, ton of input lag.
Again, i’ve pur more than 12h in 3 days...if there was input lag as you describe, I simply wouldn’t have. :)

Lort

Banned
Runs like a game not ready for release...
Never seem to win .. must be rigged
Only 1 map
-11/10

What's crazy is how Call of Duty is always the best of the bunch for input lag. They got it insanely low (~40ms).

Is vsync forced on for Call of Duty? If it isn't, then that goes along way into explaining why it's so low. Vsync generally has a big impact on input lag, ditching it can reduce it massively.

Let's put it this way: as far as we're looking at a 30 fps game, the lag is absolutely fine.
And I was one that got really turned about input lag on RotTR the day it released.
I play Destiny, played BF3 on good old PS3, a lot of 30 fps games these days, none of them including PUBG have turned out to be annoying/disturbing.
Wanna compare a 144+ fps situation? Fine, ton of input lag.
Again, i've pur more than 12h in 3 days...if there was input lag as you describe, I simply wouldn't have. :)

Facts don't care about what you feel or perceive. I'm not here to shit on your current favour game, rag on your console of choice, or dickwave over PC gaming compared to consoles.
You made a statement that was factually incorrect. I corrected you. Whether or not you notice input lag is irrelevant when there is most definitely input lag, how much is yet to be tested.

Edit: It has been tested. At 144fps on the lowest settings, the average is 32.5ms.
144ms = 6.9ms frame times, so roughly it can be worked out by adding the extra delay from 30FPS frame times to that average. Which works out at 58.9ms.
With vsync, it can double that and then some depending on the type of sync implemented and the game.

Funnily enough, that would work out right within the estimate I made of 115-130ms.

petrus91

Might just have used wrong word, then.
I meant I have no input lag compared to other shooters/games with same framerate, as I explained later on.
BTW this is not my favourite game but just a game I am currently enjoying, that’s it.
I thought it was clear that every game on every platform has input lag. ;)
Anyway, it is nowhere near RotTR at launch, absolutely. :)

Rains

After playing this on pc its painful to play on the xbox they play totally different i cant seem to get used to the pad even tho i play other games with a pad that and the fps aiming is a right pain

Grinchy

Banned
Is vsync forced on for Call of Duty? If it isn't, then that goes along way into explaining why it's so low. Vsync generally has a big impact on input lag, ditching it can reduce it massively.

I have to assume it is, unless they are doing some kind of frame-limiting technique which might not look right on all displays. I'm no expert, though. I'm still really shocked by how COD gets it so low. It's one of the only things I respect about the franchise.

I've gotten some pretty good shots and kills but still not good. I had fun driving a boat and running over swimmers as the area forced them to swim to the island.

Unity2012

I must admit it took me a while to get used to Fortnite's battle royal on the Xbox, but I really enjoy it now; however PUBG crawled up on me really quick, even though I can hardly kill anybody, lol.

.hacked

2 chicken dinners today, my 1st solo and then another 1st team win in a duo game with my bro. What a blast!

joanot

This game isnt even ready for the game preview program, is fucking broken, crashed on 8 out of 10 games I have played : (

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
This game isnt even ready for the game preview program, is fucking broken, crashed on 8 out of 10 games I have played : (

What xbox do you have? Because i'm playing in the x and in nearly 25 games i didn't had any crash yet.

Xbox One S

Playing squad

That's the problem. Playing this game in the state is right now is not advisable play in the og xbox one or the S. The X is the way to play this game right now.

Linconan

That's the problem. Playing this game in the state is right now is not advisable play in the og xbox one or the S. The X is the way to play this game right now.
eeeik!!! I shouldn't have read this,lol

I just bought an S instead of an X because of the price difference and could've justify the extra spending.
*sufferingsukkatash

Where are my fellow GAF pubg players?

Add me up for due or squad

GT: YesDroid29

I don't see how people have a problem dying being out of play area. I almost always parachute far from the start of land where the plane came in. If play area is on the opposite end, I just pick up a local gun or 2 and just keep running for circle of play. Pretty fun and adventurous that way.

Night.Ninja

Banned
First patch

This patch will be live at 1AM PST / 10AM CET / 6PM KST. Please restart your Xbox after the patch goes live to get the update.

Here are the first of many Xbox-focused patch notes to come:

Gameplay

Gas can now be used while on bike or bike with sidecar
UI/UX

Equipment icons on HUD will now be visible
Player icon is now more clearly visible on the world map
UI prompts now appear when reload and enter a vehicle options are present
Character

Tweaked hair color options
Animation

Cleaned up sidecar passenger animations in first person view
Fixed player camera issues while a passenger on the backseat of a Buggy
Addressed arm animations specific to holding some weapons
Character now correctly faces the proper direction when stopping while swimming
Others

First pass visual and performance improvements
Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S
Localization updates for Vietnamese, Spanish,(Spain/Mexico)
Controls on motorcycle no longer inverted
Keyboard functionality is disabled
Bug Fixes

Fixed instances of player nametags not properly displaying in the lobby during Squad and Duo play
Fixed minor animation while crouching and prone
Fixed issues where curtains on windows block line of sight of players in the TPP mode
Fixed an issue where when Squad leader left the party, voice chat ceased to function as intended
Fixed issue where players could lean out of vehicles even when obstructed
Fixed collision of cardboard boxes in Yasnaya city
Fixed typo in the controller guide
Other minor fixes
Thank you again from all of us at the team.

See you in-game,

The PUBG Development and Community Team

chechi

Where are my fellow GAF pubg players?

Add me up for due or squad

GT: YesDroid29

I don't see how people have a problem dying being out of play area. I almost always parachute far from the start of land where the plane came in. If play area is on the opposite end, I just pick up a local gun or 2 and just keep running for circle of play. Pretty fun and adventurous that way.

here we go - need some xbox mates to play with :) @wasted1cookie

Calibos

Nice to see a patch so soon and at this time of year! Bodes well for the future.

Had some great matches last night including the last one in Squad play. We were defending a barn at the top of a hill from a squad of 4 that rolled up in a vehicle and came out shooting. While that crazy fight was happening, a half squad came through the back side of the barn while a trio was approaching from further out doing the zig-zag dance.

Felt like a warzone...grenades flying everywhere, a complete crossfire in the barn people crawling for their lives...In the end, we were down to myself and another, but were too hobbled and depleted from the fight...the circle got me. Our last squad mate made it to the next circle, but without any medkits and low on ammo he was gunned down.

5th place with 6 alive. So close and soooo hungry!

Night.Ninja

Banned
Good news for some that were having trouble.

Some as in everyone?

Some = Everyone

waka-OK.gif

Anyway

I'm very lucky I've had no crashes.

Wish they made the map curser a lot fast feels to slow

Horns

My guess is this patch is mostly compiled from internal issues between whenever the game went gold and released. And the next patch will address many of the issues discovered after the release.

Calibos

Some = Everyone

waka-OK.gif

Anyway

I'm very lucky I've had no crashes.

Wish they made the map curser a lot fast feels to slow

I really want options for changing the compass color and cursor colors as well. Sometimes the compass is hard to read when it's against the bright sky.

The player locator on the map could be more legible too...especially in solo mode.

I played some OG xbox this morning and had a couple of crashes...Game definitely needs the most work on the OG and S...still slow to catch up to itself after dropping in.

Top Bottom