• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treasury Sec’s wife boasts of travel on Govt plane and fashion, then insults people

Clydefrog

I've got this whole scene in my head where Mnuchin is in chastity in the corner while his wife is being plowed by a Congolese war chief. After he's done she looks him straight in the eye and says "let him eat creampie."

Hahahaha

You still got it, Borg9

A lot of rich people believe that they are fundamentally better than the poor.

A lot of rich people use total dollars instead of percentages (even then ... the law of diminishing returns plays a roll) to make themselves feel better in their lazy opulence.

zabuni

Versal.jpg

You say that in jest but....
https://twitter.com/allie_beardsley/status/899813499949416448

Piecake

Actress Louise Linton, the wife of Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, apologized Tuesday after she tangled with an Oregon woman in the comments section of her Instagram account.

On Monday evening, Linton responded condescendingly after the woman commented on one of her Instagram photos, in which she and Mnuchin appeared to be disembarking from a government plane, with a caption that highlighted several designer clothing brands. In her reply to the critical comment, Linton bragged that her family is wealthy and called the woman “adorably out of touch."

On Tuesday afternoon, she issued an apology through her publicist. "I apologize for my post on social media yesterday as well as my response. It was inappropriate and highly insensitive," she said in the statement.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/22/louise-linton-instagram-post-steven-mnuchin-241893

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
"Let them eat cake."

Also this is the same woman who wrote a book about her gap year in Zambia and portrayed herself as the white savior with angelic hair caught in the middle of a civil war.

Wait what. What kind of cartoon reality is this??

What a pathetic snob she is. Must suck to have to front your public image with money because deep down you know you're dog shit with no accomplishments except social climbing.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
The GOP in a nutshell. The disdain they have for the poor is palpable. The fact that so many poor people support the party is depressing. In a way, they enable this kind of mentality to thrive within "elite" circles. For a group that claims to despise the rich, they certainly tap dance for them all the same. It's mind boggling.

This lady is a piece of work.

Timely update, taking this bit from the OP:

Linton continued in her response to the critic: “Adorable! Do you think the US govt paid for our honeymoon or personal travel?! Lololol."

Maybe not this time, but they sure fucking tried to get the taxpayer to fund it!

WASHINGTON — Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin inquired about the use of a military plane for his European honeymoon last month, the Treasury Department confirmed on Wednesday, a disclosure that comes as he is already under scrutiny for taking a government plane to Kentucky before viewing the Aug. 21 solar eclipse.

The Treasury Department said Mr. Mnuchin had asked about the military plane so that he would have access to secure communications when he was abroad.

According to the spokesman, Treasury officials withdrew the request after finding an alternative way to communicate about government matters securely. He noted that Mr. Mnuchin is a member of the National Security Council with responsibility for the Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence.

Treasury officials traditionally fly on commercial aircraft except in extenuating circumstances, because government planes can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to operate.

These people!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/...in-louise-linton-government-plane-europe.html

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How is it that everyone in this administration is so terrible? Where does he find these people?

The pool of people who aren't terrible and are willing to work for him is incredibly small and always shrinking.

Top Bottom