• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves |OT2|

Irish

Damn, I bet Kitton will finally pass me in post count now. (Seriously, I was amazed to see I had the most posts in the original thread with nearly a hundred more than Kittonwy.)

I've been meaning to get back into the MP, but I'm still having trouble finding it enjoyable after all the changes.

duckroll

Mik2121 said:
Shouldn't the OP content from the original thread be posted here too?

I personally don't see why it really even matters. This is a continuation of an existing thread, not a new one. If you want to see the OP content, it's one click away.

Haunted

Obligatory hall of shame

Code:
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 28,908

User Name      Posts
Irish       	551
Kittonwy 	462
alr1ghtstart 	426
KilgoreTrout 	395
Rez       	387
mr_nothin 	326
Jocchan 	308
deepbrown 	304
Yeef 	        303
Wario64         302

Barely missed the Top 10 with my... 9 posts total.

Gravijah

Haunted said:
Obligatory hall of shame

Code:
Who Posted?

User Name      Posts
Irish       	551
Kittonwy 	462
alr1ghtstart 	426
KilgoreTrout 	395
Rez       	387
mr_nothin 	326
Jocchan 	308
deepbrown 	304
Yeef 	        303
Wario64         302

There's always next time.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
For reference, five months after launch I had the most posts here by a fair margin. Multiplayerites should have used the meetup forum, the silly duffers, ruining my thread winning margin.

raviolico

just bought/finished it last weekend. what a awesome thrill ride. what a graphical marvel.
shooting can get a bit old though. i mowed down an entire army throughout the campaign :lol

so, where is my Uncharted 3, Naughty Dog?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Haunted said:
Obligatory hall of shame

Code:
Who Posted?

User Name      Posts
Irish       	551
Kittonwy 	462
alr1ghtstart 	426
KilgoreTrout 	395
Rez       	387
mr_nothin 	326
Jocchan 	308
deepbrown 	304
Yeef 	        303
Wario64         302

Oh, wow. I'm in the top ten despite having barely entered this thread in months (I basically stopped playing last January).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
pseudocaesar said:
Actually they are inbred Spanish(?) settlers, not zombies.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like it duck, it doesn't matter if it's a British guy calling himself Chinner

Rez said:
If it walks like a duck and quacks like it duck, it doesn't matter if it's a British guy calling himself Chinner
I'm curious as to how people think
Zombies
walk and quack.
Roaring, running on all fours, leaping around on walls, slicing you with their enormous claws; these are all things Zombies don't do

Koralsky

Beat the game on hard last night. It's not Bayonetta on higher difficulty, but you should have more attention to the place where you hiding; moving more often and using stealth kills.

Also, UC2 continue to be the most amazing game this generation visually. Nothing can top it yet.

Want UC3 announcement, badly :)

Haunted said:
I hope you
like big blue mutant thingies.

They are incredibly vulnerable to having their own crossbows used against them. Dead in one or two hits. So once you've killed one, killing others is a lot more straightforward.

spats

I booted this game up a while ago to play some MP and had forgotten just how damn good the controls in this game feel. All the climbing, jumps and wall-grabs feel so damn good.

duckroll said:
I personally don't see why it really even matters. This is a continuation of an existing thread, not a new one. If you want to see the OP content, it's one click away.
Won't the thread disappear after a while cause no one can post in it anymore?

KZObsessed

pseudocaesar said:
Actually they are inbred Spanish(?) settlers, not zombies.

They may not be
zombies in the traditional sense, but it was that cursed sarcophagus that was turning them into those things, not inbreeding... o_O

Totally off-topic, but the spoiler tags always amuse me. It looks like a wartime letter in here!

"Hello my darling. I've been assigned to
Pearl Harbour
, on the
USS Aylwin
, which is a
destroyer
. We'll be
on patrol
for the
next few weeks
."

BritBloke916 said:
Totally off-topic, but the spoiler tags always amuse me. It looks like a wartime letter in here!

"Hello my darling. I've been assigned to
Pearl Harbour
, on the
USS Aylwin
, which is a
destroyer
. We'll be
on patrol
for the
next few weeks
."
And looking very superior, he tossed down on the table a photostatic copy of a piece of V mail in which everything but the salutation "Dear Mary" had been blocked out and on which the censoring officer had written, "I yearn for you tragically. R. O. Shipman, Chaplain, U.S. Army."

mr_nothin

Banned
Haunted said:
Obligatory hall of shame

Code:
Who Posted?

User Name      Posts
Irish       	551
Kittonwy 	462
alr1ghtstart 	426
KilgoreTrout 	395
Rez       	387
mr_nothin 	326
Jocchan 	308
deepbrown 	304
Yeef 	        303
Wario64         302

Whoaaaa....
Didn't know that I was so high on that list D:

Originally Posted by Rewrite:

I've been getting so many disconnections after this latest patch. For some reason, 1.09 (or whatever version it's on) has been giving me problems. I had to delete my game data and reinstall it again because I was getting sound issues that would mess up the game. Like tonight, I don't know what went on, but it was a 5 vs. 5 match and all of a sudden, 3 of my team mates just disconnected (not all at once, though). I tried to play a co-op objective game with another friend and our match would just not start for some reason. It just froze there in the loading screen. I never had these many issues before. :(

By the way, I don't know if this glitch has been reported yet, but it's in The Museum.

Fuck you glitchers.

Well, I ended up just buying a new, and hopefully much better router. It'll be here Friday so we'll see if it helps at all.

Chaplain

KCHusker33 said:
Well, I ended up just buying a new, and hopefully much better router. It'll be here Friday so we'll see if it helps at all.

Make sure the firmware is up-to-date.

Neuromancer said:
And looking very superior, he tossed down on the table a photostatic copy of a piece of V mail in which everything but the salutation "Dear Mary" had been blocked out and on which the censoring officer had written, "I yearn for you tragically. R. O. Shipman, Chaplain, U.S. Army."

Catch-22. Still way off topic (sorry), but towards the end of his career someone commented to Joseph Heller that he'd never been able to write another book as good as Catch-22. His response was that neither had anyone else :)

Kittonwy

Banned
spats said:
I booted this game up a while ago to play some MP and had forgotten just how damn good the controls in this game feel. All the climbing, jumps and wall-grabs feel so damn good.

To this day there hasn't been another third-person action shooter that has sublime controls like this game.
Indifferent2.gif

Irish said:
Damn, I bet Kitton will finally pass me in post count now. (Seriously, I was amazed to see I had the most posts in the original thread with nearly a hundred more than Kittonwy.)

I've been meaning to get back into the MP, but I'm still having trouble finding it enjoyable after all the changes.

angry.gif

the chris

Has anybody else ever had an issue with the Siege DLC? I got a code from another gaffer for the content and downloaded it from the PSN store but when I enter multiplayer it says I don't have any of the downloadable map packs.

Wowbagger

the chris said:
Has anybody else ever had an issue with the Siege DLC? I got a code from another gaffer for the content and downloaded it from the PSN store but when I enter multiplayer it says I don't have any of the downloadable map packs.

The DLC is region locked.

the chris

Wowbagger said:
The DLC is region locked.
I live in the US though and downloaded the content from the North American store, and as far as I know the Subway promo codes are for the North American region.

BritBloke916 said:
Catch-22. Still way off topic (sorry), but towards the end of his career someone commented to Joseph Heller that he'd never been able to write another book as good as Catch-22. His response was that neither had anyone else :)
Haha that's great :D

Wowbagger

the chris said:
I live in the US though and downloaded the content from the North American store, and as far as I know the Subway promo codes are for the North American region.

In that case, I have no idea. Check if the product code in the DLC description matches the one on your copy of the game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Irish said:

Naughty Dog will never be smart and roll back to 1.04 *sadfrog.jpg*.

gibration

the chris said:
Did you enable the DLC? If not go to the multiplayer menu and hit square to go to your profile. You should see a DLC option in the bottom right that lets you enable or disable it.

the chris

gibration said:
Did you enable the DLC? If not go to the multiplayer menu and hit square to go to your profile. You should see a DLC option in the bottom right that lets you enable or disable it.
Thanks, I'll give that a try when I get home from work. How often do Gaffers play games online together?

Wowbagger

gibration said:

Eh, that's just a matchmaking preference. He shouldn't get a message telling him he doesn't have the map packs when it's set to Default.

Had a chance to play a couple matches last night with Kitton and some of the GAF crew (sorry I can't remember the names). Too bad I had to take off early.

crispyben

Guys, I suddenly feel like doing my Crushing run while collecting all of the treasures I've missed in my first two playthroughs (>50%), can you please tell me how to do that without losing my previous progress (treasures, unlockables, etc.)? I always get confused with the "new game" and "continue" options, or whatever they are called... Thanks!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't think you'll lose your progress. Just start any chapter and beat it on Crushing. As for your unlockables, remember...the weapon unlockables (infinite ammo, certain weapons) won't be available to choose until you beat that chapter in Crushing.

Top Bottom