• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves |OT2|

Jme

Kittonwy said:
GGs Jett/Bleach/Chrp/jmehatesme, aside from that last brutal game where me and bleach and jmehatesme got SLAUGHTERED lol.
Indifferent2.gif

sorry i ragequit :lol

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm still a daily player despite all my frustrations with the game fucking up on me. 6 times I've had to delete my game data! Yay! :|

Versipellis said:
Love this events. The Hammers Only mode could get boring pretty quick, though.
I don't think Hammers Only will get boring. RPG only matches are so fucking hilarious and I expect this one to be the same. It's gonna be a blast!

TripOpt55

Hoping to get my PS3 situation sorted out before Thanksgiving and I can get on for that weekend. Not a chance I'll be able to try this weekend's lab though.

I bought this game a few days ago and I've started playing a bit of multiplayer. I've played MGO for so long that this feels a bit weird to me. Also, I really suck right now.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
arne said:
literally, amirite?
You know it! :D

You guys should do more events where the developers play. I wanted to run into some last time, but had no luck.

RadioHeadAche said:
I bought this game a few days ago and I've started playing a bit of multiplayer. I've played MGO for so long that this feels a bit weird to me. Also, I really suck right now.
It's so easy to get the hang of it. Play a few rounds and it will start to click.

jett

D-Member
Got 17 kills in a 3v3 DM :rock ...of course I still ended up losing the match thanks to my team of randoms.

Kittonwy

Banned
jett said:
Got 17 kills in a 3v3 DM :rock ...of course I still ended up losing the match thanks to my team of randoms.

When do ya usually pway. I'm trying to get a gaf game going but usually I don't see anyone on. >:|

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Damn 37k players. A drop! I wonder if it will keep getting worse?

Been trying to find a Plunder match for the last five minutes and no dice yet.

Kittonwy

Banned
Rewrite said:
Damn 37k players. A drop! I wonder if it will keep getting worse?

Been trying to find a Plunder match for the last five minutes and no dice yet.

It's been up and down lately, I think two nights ago it was at 50+, everybody except me is playing black ops right now.
Indifferent2.gif

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Kittonwy said:
It's been up and down lately, I think two nights ago it was at 50+, everybody except me is playing black ops right now.
Indifferent2.gif
I had like 13 people online and everyone was playing Black Ops too. :lol

This is the lowest I've seen it, though. Hopefully players come back with the double cash event/Thanksgiving.

Chaplain

Killthee said:
Double Cash, Fatties, & Snipers Only Plunder Lab this Thanksgiving :D

“The Lab” – November 2010 Schedule

s6bDu.png

“The Lab” starts up again later this week with a weekend of M32 - Hammers Only—we’ll post full details, including variation parameters and maps on Thursday, November 11—and then we’ll be closing out the month with a Thanksgiving themed event.

If you’re new to “The Lab,” welcome! “The Lab” is a special playlist we will be running for a limited time on designated weekends, roughly every other weekend. You can access “The Lab” playlist within the set of playlists found in Matchmaking in UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer. During each weekend “The Lab” is active, we’ll be running a specialized playlist featuring one or more custom-tuned gametype variations from the tons of variables we can tweak in our multiplayer gameplay settings.

We’ll also be hosting a new thread for every event on the Naughty Dog community forums to get your feedback and thoughts on each one of our “The Lab” events.

“The Lab” episodes for November are:

November 12 - 15
  • M32 - Hammers Only
You’ve experienced RPGs Only through our Deathmatch variations options and been through “The Lab” episode of Grenades Only to get your fill of explosives-only action in multiplayer. In that vein, we’ve focused on that one power weapon—the M32 - Hammer, just in case you didn’t catch that just now—that you all both love and hate. We’re keeping Boosters active expressly so you are presented with the difficult choice—do I go for Sure Foot or Launch Man? Of course, some of you are going to go with Come Get Some for the extra cash—although with relatively limited ammo in your M32 - Hammer, you may not want to opt for Half Loaded unless you’re exceedingly masochistic or just want a challenge. There’s a few other gametype parameters we’re working out for this episode, so check back later this week for our regular Thursday update on “The Lab” for full details.

November 25 - 29

• Thanksgiving Event: Plunder - Snipers Only
This episode of the “The Lab” should be rather interesting to play—you may just find yourself running a gauntlet of sniper scopes trained at you from well-placed defensive positions as you try to bring the treasure to your team’s chest to score. Or not. I do know that you WILL be able to get a visual on your target, I mean opponent, a bit easier for this Thanksgiving Event, but remember, the hit boxes are the same size as the less, er, voluminous versions of Drake and Lazarevic. We’re keeping Boosters active—so get your Deposit on for maximum cash in this Plunder variation, which will be DOUBLY effective during this Thanksgiving Event version of “The Lab.” See what I did there? As always, more full details will be available the day prior to when “The Lab” launches for the weekend.​

The Lab is live now.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I just got done playing a shitload of matches of The Lab and this is seriously the most hilarious shit ever. It's just so much fun. To me, this is my third favorite Lab followed by Pistols only Plunder and Dessert 5 Only matches. Hammers just works perfectly. Players are moving around the whole map and not just camping in one spot...matches become very hectic due to explosions everywhere and it's nice to see the different strategies people use with their boosters. A lot of people had SA on with Launch Man, but I was rocking out with Sure Foot only and was destroying everyone with scores of 20 and up.

I personally can't wait to try Sniper only Plunder. I can't thank you enough ND. These Labs make the game fresh because it introduces a lot of new strategies and play modes and the best part is that it's so easy to find full matches. I hope you continue to support the game with more Labs.

My one complaint about the online game compared to MGO is the fact that you have to wait and hope to find enough players for a game. Probably the only good thing about MGO these days is the fact that you can enter a lobby to see what game-types are available and the number of people. I know Warhawk did something like this, and I personally think it would be great for U2.

Sniper-only plunder sounds like fun, though.

Rikyfree

Next time I play this, if someone pisses me off by cheating or just plain having a shitty connection, I will send them the most epic revenge speech I have ever heard:

"Allow me to impress upon you the severe mistake you have made. For years my conduct has been largely benign and yet without provocation you have severed our detente and forced me to unleash upon you the vengeful flames of a thousand suns! You shall curse your mothers for the day of your birth. So go now! Go, and begin your life of fear, knowing that when you least expect it, the looming sword of Damocles will crash down upon you, cleaving you in twain! And as you gaze upon the smoking wreckage that was once your life you will regret the day you crossed the wrong fucker! My pain will be the molten steel cauldron that will forge the saber of your demise. I WILL HAVE MY VENGEANCE!"

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Since I wasn't feeling the Lab this weekend I decided to replay the SP on Hard once again. The first time in Chapter 17 that
you see the monster after it kills the wolves still makes me jump every time.
I can't help it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
RadioHeadAche said:
My one complaint about the online game compared to MGO is the fact that you have to wait and hope to find enough players for a game. Probably the only good thing about MGO these days is the fact that you can enter a lobby to see what game-types are available and the number of people. I know Warhawk did something like this, and I personally think it would be great for U2.

Sniper-only plunder sounds like fun, though.
Yep, that's matchmaking for you!

Rikyfree said:
Epic Revenge Speech
:lol :lol

jett said:
Naughty Dog should make that constantly rotating Lab from the anniversary a fixed playlist...
Yeah, I'd like this too, but then something tells me that if they end up doing this, it will prevent future new lab experiments and I wouldn't want that. I like The Labs and look forward to what kind of event the next one will be. Maybe once they've experimented with everything I'd be OK with Naughty Dog making it it's own playlist.

Hammers only is seriously one of the best labs ever. It was just a blast and I'm happy I got to play a lot of matches to enjoy all of it. Sogood.gif

jett

D-Member
Meh I didn't like this lab so much because most of the time we were playing on the temple. The temple pretty much sucks for DM.

Kittonwy said:
GGs jett and treble, and Bleach. I was surprised lab was only hammer dm.
Indifferent2.gif

Yeah GGs!

Wowbagger

Best lab after pistols-only Plunder. Just endless fun. Played a ridiculous amount of matches yesterday and finally reached level 64 -- no more pink badge for me! :)

jett

D-Member
Pistols-only Plunder is the greatest. They should consider making that one a regular in the Plunder playlist.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Top 3 Labs for me:

1) Pistols Only Plunder
2) Desert 5 Only
3) Hammers Only

Pistols only deserves it's own playlist, IMO. It just works so well in Plunder and gets people to actually play it how it's supposed to be played. Plus, high level players can't aim for shit. ;D Further proof pistols are the best weapon in the game.

Just picked this up...but haven't opened it yet. Anybody know about any deals better than $28 for the regular version?

edit: looks like there was just a typo on the DLC voucher and its still valid. Awesomesauce. Now the decision is between the GOTY version for $48 or the regular one for $28. Suggestions?

xKilltheMx said:
Just picked this up...but haven't opened it yet. Anybody know about any deals better than $28 for the regular version? I would have got the GOTY but apparently the code for the DLC expired? Unfortunate.

What? The game came out just last month. Plus, I bought it just a few weeks ago and redeemed the DLC.

Atrophis

Chapter 14 boss. WTF.

Supposed to get QTE prompts when you knock his helmet off? Been doing it for an hour and no prompts at all. From comments ive found online seems this bug has been in the game from the start :/

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
What? I have not heard of this bug before. When he runs up to you, it will trigger the QTE prompts.

Yeef

If you're playing on Crushing you have to more or less estimate the prompts since by the time you see them it's too late to press the buttons.

If you're playing on any other difficulty it's fairly simple and the prompts should pop up and give you a second or two to press them.

Kittonwy

Banned
Atrophis said:
Chapter 14 boss. WTF.

Supposed to get QTE prompts when you knock his helmet off? Been doing it for an hour and no prompts at all. From comments ive found online seems this bug has been in the game from the start :/

It's better to watch the animations and time your counters.
Indifferent2.gif

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Massa said:
Sounds like the right time to announce that project Emily Rose leaked on twitter. :)
But it's supposed to be a secret, you know!
JzhFB.gif

Kittonwy said:
I played a bit tonight on my own, I think instead of weekend labs, they should just run different labs that last all week.
Running different labs that last all week could potentially raise the amount of daily players. It's just depressing to see it go from 45k to 30k in like a week. It's only going to keep getting worse. Today, I was in a 3 vs. 3 deathmatch and both of my team mates quit the match, leaving me all alone versus the other three guys. How fun. :|

I did hold up on my own though...kept fucking them up a lot of times. The end result was pretty close 21 (me) and they scored 25. These were against level 62, 67, and 66 guys. The hilarious part was that they kept talking shit to me because I kept killing them and they were trying to sound like better players despite being out fucking numbered. :lol

Top Bottom