• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Lego is pretty clever, I noticed on the spider-man bridge battle set they had a traffic sign for the daily bugle so naturally i bought it and then I decided that wasn't enough so I decided to add more minifigures to both sets. Am I missing anyone? :p

xHVJiSWl.jpg

zPrcHcHl.jpg

QVPrH5wl.jpg

ghostmind

Cheers for the extra info. I'm not sure what to make of it. Looks a little bit disappointing, but we've been spoiled this year with sets.

Yeah, sorry about coming in like that - thanks for finding out about this!

And I agree - there has been so many great set reveals this year, that I'm rather "meh" on this one.

Ponn

Banned
You got it answered fast - Brickheadz duo Spider-man and Venom
https://imgur.com/gallery/N8dEH
The details of how to try to acquire it there http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...om-lego-brickheadz-swinging-comic-con-1016491
bE3cc8zl.jpg

This is part of the reason why I'm not going all in on Bricheadz. They have made way too many of these SDCC exclusives that are too iconic to not have in a collection.

New London bus:
BOmhubR.png

I mean, it's a London Bus alright.

This is part of the reason why I'm not going all in on Bricheadz. They have made way too many of these SDCC exclusives that are too iconic to not have in a collection.

I've got pretty much every non-SDCC Marvel set outside of the Helicarrier (still debating it with very little time left) but even I'm not in on the Brickheadz. I know the collector in me will want all of them so I'm even more inclined to not get any.

Given that I'll never end up displaying them I am trying to stay strong. No more just buying sets to "have" them.

Ponn

Banned
I've got pretty much every non-SDCC Marvel set outside of the Helicarrier (still debating it with very little time left) but even I'm not in on the Brickheadz. I know the collector in me will want all of them so I'm even more inclined to not get any.

Given that I'll never end up displaying them I am trying to stay strong. No more just buying sets to "have" them.

I picked up the TLBM ones and the Beauty and Beast ones but that was it. Yea they are definitely designed to play on collectors OCD. It backfired on them for me though because if I can't collect the iconic SDCC ones they offered than to me why bother. I mean, I can't get Superman, are you kidding me?! Dr. Strange and Black Panther were the cooler looking Marvel ones to boot. And now you are making freaking Spider-Man an exclusive with the movie coming out? Nah, forget that.

I picked up the TLBM ones and the Beauty and Beast ones but that was it. Yea they are definitely designed to play on collectors OCD. It backfired on them for me though because if I can't collect the iconic SDCC ones they offered than to me why bother. I mean, I can't get Superman, are you kidding me?! Dr. Strange and Black Panther were the cooler looking Marvel ones to boot. And now you are making freaking Spider-Man an exclusive with the movie coming out? Nah, forget that.

My thoughts exactly. I know my OCD will want them all, since I can't and don't have the space to display them, I bought none.

I'm so disappointed the Superman brickhead never had a wide release if only because of the unikitty tail in black.

Haines

Banned
The bus does nothing for me but i have no emotions tied to london at all.

I think you guys could be caught off guard by how bad of a pic that is though. It does look decent.

Creator lighthouse came in the mail today. Got a great deal on it, and now we have something lined up to do after our plane.

Before i let him open it he was already guessing and hoping for lego, lol

otapnam

eBay has 15$ off 75$ until 8pm pst tonight.

Ended up ordering the first Lego Friends set for my daughter. The roller coaster amusement park for 62.50 shipped. Not bad for a set that msrp at 99.99

I don't really have a "collectors itch" with Brickheadz either, but it's not about there being exclusive ones, it's because I need a little something more than the basic Brickhead.

For example, that Spiderman one is the most basic design they can do, a person in a suit, so the design is fully reliant on the colors and painted pieces to convey who they are. Other ones I don't like much are Iron Man and Captain America, and I'm on the fence about Batman (has ears and the cape, but pretty simple still)

Ones I like are Hulk who has the frazzled hair, jacked arms, and prominent forehead.
Or the Beauty and the Best pair which both have nice designs (hair, dress, beast tusks).
I've honestly though about getting Iron Man to try and do a Hulkbuster MOC with it (doesn't seem too hard just need to jack up the arms like Hulk and try to round out the head somehow.

Haines

Banned
Brickheadz do zil for me but i can absolutely see why people like them. Just voicing my opinion.

I can see a kid having a lot of fun building his favorite marvel duder. I assume that's the idea. Cheap lego gift.

Ponn

Banned
I don't really have a "collectors itch" with Brickheadz either, but it's not about there being exclusive ones, it's because I need a little something more than the basic Brickhead.

For example, that Spiderman one is the most basic design they can do, a person in a suit, so the design is fully reliant on the colors and painted pieces to convey who they are. Other ones I don't like much are Iron Man and Captain America, and I'm on the fence about Batman (has ears and the cape, but pretty simple still)

Ones I like are Hulk who has the frazzled hair, jacked arms, and prominent forehead.
Or the Beauty and the Best pair which both have nice designs (hair, dress, beast tusks).
I've honestly though about getting Iron Man to try and do a Hulkbuster MOC with it (doesn't seem too hard just need to jack up the arms like Hulk and try to round out the head somehow.

The Batman brickheadz was pretty meh but if you are looking for an interesting build or look the Joker was the best of the Brickheadz I got so far. His hair is just really interesting and he felt the most expressive out of the ones I got. I didn't get any of the Marvel ones so I can't speak on any of them.

Nooooooooo!! That clip does not exist, it cannot exist.
unless thats Dick under the cowl

Dick
couldn't possible be under the cowl. Maybe lower.
What movie is that clip from? Uhhh...so I can make sure my kids don't watch it.

Been awhile. I just had to pop back on for a bit to say how UGLY the Justice League movie sets from a leak look. Hopefully the minifigs aren't too pricey to buy alone especially for the $129 Flying Fox set.

ghostmind

Oh I thought it was just a straight download of a file for UV, I've never used it before

This is why I'm not a fan of UV, because it's different in every country.

Australia doesn't have Vudu, nor does Canada. I have to use Flixster or CinemaNow, and I think your only choice is Flixster.

I have no idea which of these streaming services and hardware platforms support UHD streaming, because I just don't care enough to navigate UV's mess. If I want to watch in 4k, I just use the disc.

That said I'm looking forward to the eventual AppleTV Gen 5 with 4k support.

DBT85

Better photos might sell me on the bus, being a Londoner there's at least some tie for me.

Glad its not an insta buy for me though, start of July is going to be tough enough with double points. Could easily end up sending £500 lol.

ffs, just seen some Tower Bridge sets on ebay open box but sealed bags for £150. £70 off retail price.

So i paid a visit to this lady with all those garbage bags full of mixed lego.
She told me that i can not have a look inside the bags and there might be duplo and other stuff inside.
I asked her if there is anything from star wars inside the bags. She said no, but i might be interested in an old spaceship.
She comes back with a bag in her hand and said 80$. I could take a look inside that bag and of course i took it.
Was totally worth it to visit her. It was dusty as hell and all the small stickers are gone. I already cleaned most of the pieces and they look like new again.

dNyocy2l.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just built my FIgure Stormtrooper. It looks so great, you only notice that its Lego when you go really near... Really love it and I am happy that there is a way to build the standard E11-Blaster lol

Koren

I don't understand why a company from Denmark offer this kind of exclusives to US (and in specific times/locations too) and don't even offer alternatives in EU...

Especially in a numbered line of sets...

I don't understand why a company from Denmark offer this kind of exclusives to US (and in specific times/locations too) and don't even offer alternatives in EU...

Especially in a numbered line of sets...

They've always held back highly desirable items for SDCC. It's frustrating for folks that want to collect everything.

Falcon Cap, Shazam, Phoenix, Bizarro etc. etc.

Dumb.

Welp there goes the dream of me putting together a Brickheadz Justice League...

I mean... the dream was already dead after hearing about Superman exclusive SDCC but this REALLY drives the point home now :(

Kinda like this:

ZW1p9EL.gif

Also: I'd buy the SHIT out of a Randy Savage brickhead (or minifig for that matter)
but then Lego would go and make it SDCC exclusive!!!

Welp there goes the dream of me putting together a Brickheadz Justice League...

I mean... the dream was already dead after hearing about Superman exclusive SDCC but this REALLY drives the point home now :(

You can still make any dream come true!
If you got the $$$$$ to pay scalpers.

And assuming Brickheadz do well enough not to get dropped, I think we'll get publicly released ones to coincide with at least some DC, Marvel, and Star Wars movies.

Who knows, maybe we'll get some to go along with the Justice League movie later this year or into next year. Maybe get a full movie set someday: Superman (I assume he shows up in it) and Wonder Woman, Batman and Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg.

You can still make any dream come true!
If you got the $$$$$ to pay scalpers.

And assuming Brickheadz do well enough not to get dropped, I think we'll get publicly released ones to coincide with at least some DC, Marvel, and Star Wars movies.

Who knows, maybe we'll get some to go along with the Justice League movie later this year or into next year. Maybe get a full movie set someday: Superman (I assume he shows up in it) and Wonder Woman, Batman and Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg.

Nah, if they release them at retail, they would be redesigns or variants, those are exclusives 😩

Top Bottom