• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 2 Screenshots... yes, they're REAL

GhaleonEB

IJoel said:
haha... Seems this forum is overzealous when it comes to VF5/DMC4 PS3 exclusivity. I think there have been quite a few bannings due to this.
Exclusitivity issues has everyone's hackles up. It's hard to have any discussion about non-first party games without it coming up.

GitarooMan said:
Che doesn't work for GAF, honestly I think he's smart if he's stays out of this cluster**** thread.
If anything, he'd post on the community site he runs, like he did with the explanation from last night about why screens didn't hit. Maybe he DID post an update - the site is down right now.

jax (old)

Banned
MattXG said:
No.

motorstorm-20060704031134278.jpg

oh god. an OA mastertroll posting here. Why dont' you do better here than to post a screenshot of a PS3 game and say no. That's so gamefaqs.

Motorstorm has a lot more going on for it then just the racing. The physics (people flying off/damage) + mud deformation + sparks + motion blur. Troll failed.

The supposed FM2 shots don't look so hot though. I guess we'll need to see more shots + the real thing in motion.

shpankey

not an idiot
actually Blimblim said that Hiro_Kunimi_80 was a really reliable source and that we should listen to him, so... ::shrug::

Mmmkay

shpankey said:
actually Blimblim said that Hiro_Kunimi_80 was a really reliable source and that we should listen to him, so... ::shrug::
Seriously listen too! I mean like prophetic... There's some freaky shit in that boy's post history.

jax (old)

Banned
well, there's really nothing to talk about we get some sort of confirmation - otherwise, we might as well be discussing some other game (if those aren't FM2). I've got a feeling they could be; simplying because of MS's insistence on using CG for their trailers for the game so far - even to the point of doing so for LGC.

that said, FM did look very very amazing and I can't help but think these aren't real simply because its not really there - plus the grass is horrible

Dante

Actually I brought up Motorstorm, but I didn't want to bring in the screenshot comparisons ;) In screenshots they both contain that ugly excessive blur that I'm sure will look better in motion.

Fredrik

60fps people. 60fps. Who cares if it don't look like PGR3 if it's 60fps? It's going to piss all over PGR3 when you see it in motion.

RaijinFY

Fredrik said:
60fps people. 60fps. Who cares if it don't look like PGR3 if it's 60fps? It's going to piss all over PGR3 when you see it in motion.

Well I have to agree here though. 60 fps FTW, for the ****ing win!!!

IJoel

I guess Che won't comment on these.

Frankly, those images are really disappointing to me. PGR3 looks better, imo.

jax (old)

Banned
Fredrik said:

well, your statement is a blanket speculation especially when no one knows what ingame looks like.

let's hope its native res to begin with. The 600p on PGR3 did ruin its visual aesthetics a little.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Amir0x said:
Who was right? Everyone on earth knew Assassin's Creed was coming to 360 and PC. Everyone. If you're a hardcore gamer following this title and claim you didn't, you're bullshitting.

Although, for the record, I have no idea why he was banned.
Even back in May when sites were saying it was exclusive? Negative...

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Fake

With a capital T look out the autos outlines, the blur was photoshopped in, it's a PC Racer.

Live for speed or GTR with custom models.

Amir0x

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
Even back in May when sites were saying it was exclusive? Negative...

If you followed the game at all, every single individual under the sun knew it was coming to 360 and PC. Everyone. Just because you personally put on some set of shady blinders to try to claim this was a mystery (and what a blow to PS3!) is irrelevant to the reality or Ubi's PR claims. Even IGN's own title and 1ups article on the subject made fun of the fact that this was the worst kept secret in the industry. The fact is, when they showed Project Assassin's originally, it was for 360 and PS3. When Ubisoft's internal documents leaked, Assassin's was for 360 as well. When it debuted at E3, the word still persisted - they might have said they're focusing on PS3, but everyone on earth knew otherwise.

So, I mean, you might try to utilize this as some magic evidence of Hiro's spectacular prediction powers but hey, I expect to be credited to. And so should the entire hardcore gamer community. We're waiting.

Gek54

Slayer-33 said:
Fake

With a capital T look out the autos outlines, the blur was photoshopped in, it's a PC Racer.

Live for speed or GTR with custom models.

I havnt seen a stock G35 or F430GT for any of the recent PC sims. Try again.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Amir0x said:
If you followed the game at all, every single individual under the sun knew it was coming to 360 and PC. Everyone. Just because you personally put on some set of shady blinders to try to claim this was a mystery (and what a blow to PS3!) is irrelevant to the reality or Ubi's PR claims. Even IGN's own title and 1ups article on the subject made fun of the fact that this was the worst kept secret in the industry. The fact is, when they showed Project Assassin's originally, it was for 360 and PS3. When Ubisoft's internal documents leaked, Assassin's was for 360 as well. When it debuted at E3, the word still persisted - they might have said they're focusing on PS3, but everyone on earth knew otherwise.

So, I mean, you might try to utilize this as some magic evidence of Hiro's spectacular prediction powers but hey, I expect to be credited to. And so should the entire hardcore gamer community. We're waiting.
Credited with what? No one "knew" shit. Everyone "assumed" and speculated back at that time. Especially when GS and every other site (falsely) stated it was a PS3 exclusive.

I just stated that the dude said it would be reveiled at/around X06 time and he was right. Why you're acting like an ass about it I have no idea but it aint that serious.

Amir0x

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
Credited with what? No one "knew" shit. Everyone "assumed" and speculated back at that time. Especially when GS and every other site (falsely) stated it was a PS3 exclusive.

I just stated that the dude said it would be reveiled at/around X06 time and he was right. Why you're acting like an ass about it I have no idea but it aint that serious.

The point is only if you want to claim evidence of his 'insider knowledge', you'll just need to submit some more compelling evidence then something everyone already knew 12 months ago.

Ubisoft's own leaked list confirmed Assassin's for multiple platforms including 360.

GhaleonEB said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107895

A good thread for reference. Only MrBob ever thought it was PS3 only, and he caves in halfway through that thread. NO ONE though it was exclusive, like Amir0x is saying. Ever.

Thank you.

I'd say by now, if these were fake, someone would've said something, right? The only reason why no one's said anything is probably because the shots are still under NDA. I think?

Either way, it's nothing to squirt a few over. I mean, they're screenshots for a high speed racing game. Who cares what they look like standing still. I'll withold judgement until I see it in motion.

Amir0x

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
I'd say by now, if these were fake, someone would've said something, right? The only reason why no one's said anything is probably because the shots are still under NDA. I think?

Either way, it's nothing to squirt a few over. I mean, they're screenshots for a high speed racing game. Who cares what they look like standing still. I'll withold judgement until I see it in motion.

They look good though standing still. And remember, this shit is gonna run at 60fps.

GhaleonEB

Amir0x said:
Thank you.
Wait! I found someone. I missed Borys post since he's on my ignore list.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3718608&postcount=79

It's amazing how far will the anti-PS3, pro-Xbox movement go to dig a ****ing CHASM under a promising, very good looking PS3 title.

Yes, I won't buy a PS3 and Assassin's Creed because some bitter dudes on a forum say it's coming to 360, without ANY kind of proof, lying in the face of info posted on game's OFFICIAL site.

Damn, you just blew my mind and sold me a Xbox 360.

Not.
So, one guy thought it was PS3 only. I sit corrected.

And 60fps makes such a difference it's epicly frustrating to me that more people don't see the light.

reaver18

no way that's real. it looks barely better than forza (yes i've played it recently). the car textures look like ass.

Amir0x

Banned
seriously, especially in a racing game 60fps is gonna be so snazzy for Forza 2. I can't wait to hump the shit out of this game

Bebpo

Banned
So the xbox crew went from going "who cares about 60fps besides those picky people who don't mean much in sales" to "oh shit, horrible pics of big X360 game....60fps!! 60fps!! Who cares how it looks in pics, it's 60fps!!" :p

Omeyocan

I would go on saying ( as a member of GAF ) that the only thing that matters is playing 60FPS only games.

Ok another thread on "60FPS"

Go go go go 60fps !!!!!!!

:D

LevelNth

Banned
I'll be surprised if Forza 2 doesn't look better than these screens both in motion and by release,
because these screens are insanely underwhelming, and as Bebpo stated earlier, GT4:HD looks better
. Nevertheless, visuals are not what this series needs to focus on; I'd rather they spend most of their time tuning the physics engine and making the damage model more worthwhile.

Top Bottom